BigVrunga starts his T1cycle...

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Hey again DieselDude -
    I dont have a good way to measure bf% accurately (although I should get a meter and will soon) - but I would say from the way I look - that my BF% is only slightly higher than it was before I started the T1. Its very hard to tell. I put most of my fat on around the abdomen, and my abs are just as defined as they were before cycle. Not that they were all that defined, but I could still see most of them A comfortable amount of excess bulking mass, as I like to put it. Most of the 'chunk' on this cycle seemed to be water weight from the estrogen. A few days post cycle, I dropped 4lbs or so and looked noticeably leaner.

I would say the total amount of calories you have to take in depends a lot on your metabolism. Since we both weigh about the same, maybe the method I used would work for you, too:
    The first day, I started at 3500 cals, and gradually upped it to 4200 cals by day 7. I kept it here around the 40/40/20 ratio (usually ended up being 35-45-20 p-c-f) and held it as the gains started to rise. I would check myself visually throughout the day - if I looked too bloated or started noticing puffy nips Id take 2-3 formasin for that day. With my body, I know when Im storing too much fat because I start to notice 'love handles' on my sides. When this would happen, Id lower the cals by 200 per day until I hit 3800 cals. Then Id keep this at 40-40-20 until I leaned out a bit, then bump it up by 200 cals/day until I was again at 20cals/per lb of bodyweight. I just kept using this method throughout the cycle, and had really good results.
    I wanted to keep gains as lean as possible, and this seemed to work very well. I suppose with the constant re-adjusting of the daily intake, you're getting the extra cals when you need them and holding them back when you can see the fat gain is getting too much.

I tried to maintain the lower calore intake (around 3700 like you suggested) for a week and I found that the gains would slow down, in one case even came to a halt until I upped the cals again.

Here are some other things that helped keep gains lean:

Eating more often during the day helps keep the fat down, as the constant digesting keeps the metabolism going.

Eating as clean as possible really made a big difference. I mean a HUGE difference. Cutting out the 'unhealthy' fats from my diet and replacing it with flax oil, etc. made a big difference. Also keep the carb sources complex (low-gi, I beleive its called) from sources like brown rice and oatmeal. One of my favorite meals is now oatmeal, Optimum Whey and a tbsp of flax oil.

Working out with more intensity burns calories faster and gets your heart rate elevated...

Training abs 3 dayson/1 day off kept my midsection tight.

I guess what im asking is do you think i can maintain leaner gains if i keep my calories @ 3000? Can i get leaner gains like this or am i wasting my time and T1-pro?
    I would say that you definately need to take in higher calories (~20 cals /lb of bodyweight) to see maximum retainable gains from the T1. I suppose there is a 'perfect' daily intake/nutrient ratio for lean gains on cycle - but that would be different for everybody. Just tweak your food intake day to day and see how your body responds.

Hope that helped...

Good luck with the cycle!

2. As always good info BigV
    I have been eating as clean as humanly possible allready for the last 8-9 weeks in preparation for the warmer months. It definately sounds like the little i gain (fat) from my cycle will not be as hard to control as i thought. I will look at food intake daily and adjust accordingly like you suggested.
    Thanks for taking the time to write.

3. Havent had a chance to get online in days - I will get back with more updates, though. Weight still holding at around 221 or so. I started a new job and my diet got screwed up for a couple days (ate fairly 'dirty' and didnt get enough cals in)...but strength continues to increase.

4. 3 weeks post cycle....

3 weeks post and Im still holding at 221 or so. I actually started gaining weight again earlier in the week (4 days of 4500 cals/day), but noticed some fat/water gain so I trimmed the cals back and the weight went with it. The only weight ive lost seems to have been water, I am stronger now than I was in week 4 of the T1. In fact, strength continues to yeah, post cycle gains are definately possible and not all that hard to achieve. I really havent 'lost' anything. Im just trying to maintain my bodyweight until Im sure natty test is back in full swing - then the high cal diet and intensive training will start to pack on some lean mass once again.

The 6-oxo/Nolva combo worked great, family jewels back to full size, and at week three I can finally handle more intensity in the gym. (weeks 1 and 2 postcycle were tough...definately felt the little crash I had been expecting.)

So, all in all, I think this was definately a worthwhile investment. Up 15 solid lbs, a boatload of strength...might consider one more T1 cycle in another 5 weeks. If I can repeat the results of this stack (or even come close) , that would surely be cool.

5. Just a follow up -
    Been 'off' for over 2 months now - Im stronger than I was at the end of T1, and just as heavy...225. I havent made a dedicated effort to put on any mass yet - started a new job and at 50 hrs/week, its all I can do to maintain...but all my lifts are up (strength kept climbing all through post cycle) its leveled off a bit - mainly because Ive slacked a little in order to adjust diet/training to my new 'busy as hell' lifestyle.
    I had to buy all new clothes
    Considering another T1 cycle in about 2 months or so...Im going to try to get to 230 on my own (5 more lean lbs...)and then hit 245-250 at the peak of the next bulk fest. Then, hold on to that for 6 months and the cutting shall begin...
    Here's the lifts so far:

DB shoulder press: 85sx10
    BenchPress : 330 x 1
    Incline DB Bench: 100s x 12 (thats as heavy as they go in my gym)
    Deadlift: 500x1

Ive started doing ATG squats so Ive stripped 100lbs off what I was doing before in order to work on proper right now Im at 250x10

Good to post again - I havent been on in months!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mountainman starts his D Pol/Condense Halloween Scare Log
    By mountainman33 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 11:17 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM
  3. Newby starting his first cycle
    By tbinnerarity in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
  4. Hey, just sayin' hi!