BigVrunga starts his T1cycle...

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
haha..sounds good man, keep us posted.

saw a guy at my gym the other day, sunday actually squat 500+ lbs, for 3. Older guy to, had to be near 50

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
woof! thats some weight. just show how weak my gym is. you get a dude benching 365-405 for a rep and the entire gym, their mothers, and grandchildren turn around and ooo and awwwww. (phathetic of a gym). Sage

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
yeah, but him and his boy are the only ones that come close to anything like that. Me im not really concerned with trying to squat or bench or whatever any certain amount of weight...

I mean i def try to increase poundages, i dont really have magic numbers though..

never saw anyone bench nearly that much in my gym

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I set those numbers when I started lifting, figured when I could do all that I could call myself a big dude:)

Ive never seen anyone in my Gym squat over 400lbs. In fact, I dont really see anyone doing squats that often. At least, squats with proper form. I do see a lot of dudes with huge upper bodys and calves smaller than my forearm benching mad weight, though:)

There was a bench competition at my gym last weekend, the winner put up 602!!

BigV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well, this here is supposed to be the last day of the cycle (day 28), but, I have some extra T1, and I missed leg day today, so Im carrying it on until tomorrow.:) Because tomorrow is leg day. Then day off, then chest, then day off, then next week starts the post cycle workout.

Postcycle supps:

6-oxo 6 caps/day for the 1st week
3 caps/day every week thereafter

Nolvadex 20mg/day for the full 4 weeks
Syntrax FUZU
ZMA
Creatine (been on for 4 weeks already)
Upping FlaxOil to 15g/day

Going to a MaxOT routine for chest, in an effort to keep the bench weight up

Also dropping to 12-15 sets per workout for the next 4 weeks, keeping the weight heavy.

My goal for the next month is not only to maintain my gains, but hopefully gain a little more as well.

Another month of some light cardio to get the endurance up, and then an all out bulkathon in an effort to hit 240. If I can keep the bodyfat Im at and get to that weight, then I will damn sure be a ripped 205-210 when I cut.

I know summer's comming, but **** it. Im on a roll:) (A fat roll!! hahahahaha!!):)

BigVrunga

dieseldude

Awards
BigVrunga, i loved the way you posted all through the cycle, i have been following right along.........
I have all my stuff to start but im going to wait a few more weeks (2) due to some slight joint pain in my right elbow.
Im positive your post will go as well or better than your cycle, you got your **** together.
Good luck bro!

T1 was way too much fun, If I tried some 'real' gear I know that I couldnt give it up.
One of my fears too.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im positive your post will go as well or better than your cycle, you got your **** together.
Thanks bro, I really appreciate it. Im glad this thread could give you some insight/entertainment:)

I had some joint pain before I started my cycle too, 2tbsp flax oil/2000mg Glucosamine/2000mgMSM fixed it up solid and by the second week of the cycle I had no joint problems whatsoever.

Ive been reading that using Glucosamine for too long can cause problems with insulin levels, so I stopped using it as soon as the pain went away. I think Chondroitin would be a better choice to use as a daily supp., but I cant find it by itself. (at least, at WalMart I cant find it)

Well, today was the last leg day of the cycle. Kept it short and sweet, figuring that with the T1 ending today an insane leg workout would not be a good idea. Looked like this:

4 Sets Hack Squats 10,10,10,7
4 Sets Leg presses 12,8,6,15
HamString Curl 12,10,6,Dropset to failure

The 6-rep set on the LegPress was with 930Lbs. Definately a personal best for me! Leg Strength shot up dramatically this last week, and I beleive it was the FoxSet LegPresses last week that were key in making that happen.

Even though the workout went for only 12sets, its 2am and its still an effort to make it up the stairs.

Im beginning to see that impressive gains in mass and strength can be made by alternating 3-4 weeks of high-volume/high-intensity based routines like GVT/FoxSets with 3-4 weeks of heavy/low volume/low intensity routines like MaxOT. Keep track of the poundages, and always make sure you're adding weight, and along with a good diet and proper rest your body has no choice but to grow. I would love to be able to explain what's going on here scientifically, I really should do more research.

One other thing Id like to mention - my DB shoulder press shot up to 80s for 6 only 4 days into T1. It barely budged for the rest of the cycle. (the 6 reps got easier, but I didnt make it to 100s like I had planned) I got annoyed with it, and switched to standard military press, to my surprise it had gone up nearly 30lbs!! That was definately cool, I wonder what was at work here. Perhaps the heavy benching throughout the cycle really strengthened the front delts? (They are considerably bigger)

At the beginning of this thread, I stated that I was only doing this cycle of T1. Now, 4 weeks later, I can say that I am definately considering another one in 2 months. (assuming post cycle goes as well as planned) Ive learned so much about what I can kind of training volume I can handle, what foods and macronutrient ratios work best for me, etc. that I think I could see even better gains if I did another cycle.

I remember when I first started lifting hard and I thought I was a pretty strong guy. If I could go back in time, Id kick my own ass.

DieselDude good luck with your cycle bro!! Let me know how it goes for you...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 of Postcycle...

Well, its the 3rd day off T1, and Im still feeling awesome. Mass/strength is still increasing. BNARM weight is a solid 226. I really havent put on all that much fat either. Last year, I went on a bulking Bonanza and hit 230, but I wasnt nearly as strong and I was fat as hell. Not this time. I do have a little more fat on me though...I suppose its unavoidable.

When I came off the T1 I definately noticed increased bloating. After a day of 6 6-OXO and 20mg Nolva, it was gone.

Did chest yesterday, 100lb DB's on the incline (~50 degrees or so) for 11 reps. On week 4 of T1 I could barely get it for 5. Chest routine looked like this:

Incline DB Bench(50degrees) 11,8,6
Incline DB Bench(80 degrees) 8
Incline Barbell Bench(30 degrees) 10,8,6,4
Close Grip Decline (barbell) 10,8,6
Incline Flyes 10,8

Im surprised the gains keep comming...although I will not be suprised if I see some kind of 'crash' in the next few days.

One more thing...the FUZU is working great. Libido is still going strong, when I though it would decrease without the 4AD in my system.

Also noticing some mild joint pain...started back on Glucosamine/MSM. With the 3tbsp flax/day, it should lube them up proper:)

BigV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 post cycle -

3 days post, I was actually up 3lbs. I assume this was the expected estrogen surge, and the 6-OXO/Nolva hadnt fully kicked in to control it. I woke up the morning of day 4, and was down 4lbs. And looked noticeably leaner.
Morning weight now around 222 or so. I felt huge while I had all that bloat on, and after I dropped it, felt like crap. Did legs yesterday, strength is actually still rising, which is a good thing. I can tell that recovery is in the toilet, Im lifting heavy, but only doing 12-15 sets per workout and trying to get as much rest as possible. I took today off from the gym, just been working abs every couple hours or so, eating and sleeping as much as possible.
Ive added another 500 cals to the daily intake, briging it to a solid 4500 calories/day. I am also taking small ECA doses every 4 hours. (1 hydroxycut tab).
My testicles feel fuller, hopefully this means natty test is starting to come back. Im going to keep cals high until I see some weight gain, then slowly drop down to my 'off cycle' food intake of 3500 cals a day at 40-40-20.
I think Im also going to try some SAN V-12, results seem to be very positive...the 'constantly pumped' feeling I had while on cycle has noticeably diminished. Maybe that will help to get it back while Im recovering.

BigVrunga

dieseldude

Awards
Good info here BigV,
My elbow is feeling better, i will be ready to start my PH cycle in a week or so.
The fat gains are making me think a little..........
How much do you think (IYO) of your weight gain was from fat?
Was it all from extra calories?
If i maintained my calorie intake between 35-3700 per day would gains be leaner or just less due to lack of calories?
Im 5'9" and i have been cutting (8-9weeks) for summer. 218 right now (BANARM).
My Bf is still a little high 12-13 right now but i was stuck like a mofo for a while.
I guess what im asking is do you think i can maintain leaner gains if i keep my calories @ 3000? Can i get leaner gains like this or am i wasting my time and T1-pro?
(In Your Opinion)

Thanks BigV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey again DieselDude -
I dont have a good way to measure bf% accurately (although I should get a meter and will soon) - but I would say from the way I look - that my BF% is only slightly higher than it was before I started the T1. Its very hard to tell. I put most of my fat on around the abdomen, and my abs are just as defined as they were before cycle. Not that they were all that defined, but I could still see most of them:) A comfortable amount of excess bulking mass, as I like to put it.:) Most of the 'chunk' on this cycle seemed to be water weight from the estrogen. A few days post cycle, I dropped 4lbs or so and looked noticeably leaner.

I would say the total amount of calories you have to take in depends a lot on your metabolism. Since we both weigh about the same, maybe the method I used would work for you, too:
The first day, I started at 3500 cals, and gradually upped it to 4200 cals by day 7. I kept it here around the 40/40/20 ratio (usually ended up being 35-45-20 p-c-f) and held it as the gains started to rise. I would check myself visually throughout the day - if I looked too bloated or started noticing puffy nips Id take 2-3 formasin for that day. With my body, I know when Im storing too much fat because I start to notice 'love handles' on my sides. When this would happen, Id lower the cals by 200 per day until I hit 3800 cals. Then Id keep this at 40-40-20 until I leaned out a bit, then bump it up by 200 cals/day until I was again at 20cals/per lb of bodyweight. I just kept using this method throughout the cycle, and had really good results.
I wanted to keep gains as lean as possible, and this seemed to work very well. I suppose with the constant re-adjusting of the daily intake, you're getting the extra cals when you need them and holding them back when you can see the fat gain is getting too much.

I tried to maintain the lower calore intake (around 3700 like you suggested) for a week and I found that the gains would slow down, in one case even came to a halt until I upped the cals again.

Here are some other things that helped keep gains lean:

Eating more often during the day helps keep the fat down, as the constant digesting keeps the metabolism going.

Eating as clean as possible really made a big difference. I mean a HUGE difference. Cutting out the 'unhealthy' fats from my diet and replacing it with flax oil, etc. made a big difference. Also keep the carb sources complex (low-gi, I beleive its called) from sources like brown rice and oatmeal. One of my favorite meals is now oatmeal, Optimum Whey and a tbsp of flax oil.:)

Working out with more intensity burns calories faster and gets your heart rate elevated...

Training abs 3 dayson/1 day off kept my midsection tight.

I guess what im asking is do you think i can maintain leaner gains if i keep my calories @ 3000? Can i get leaner gains like this or am i wasting my time and T1-pro?
I would say that you definately need to take in higher calories (~20 cals /lb of bodyweight) to see maximum retainable gains from the T1. I suppose there is a 'perfect' daily intake/nutrient ratio for lean gains on cycle - but that would be different for everybody. Just tweak your food intake day to day and see how your body responds.

Hope that helped...

Good luck with the cycle!
BigVrunga

dieseldude

Awards
As always good info BigV
I have been eating as clean as humanly possible allready for the last 8-9 weeks in preparation for the warmer months. It definately sounds like the little i gain (fat) from my cycle will not be as hard to control as i thought. I will look at food intake daily and adjust accordingly like you suggested.
Thanks for taking the time to write.
Mike

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Havent had a chance to get online in days - I will get back with more updates, though. Weight still holding at around 221 or so. I started a new job and my diet got screwed up for a couple days (ate fairly 'dirty' and didnt get enough cals in)...but strength continues to increase.

BigV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks post cycle....

3 weeks post and Im still holding at 221 or so. I actually started gaining weight again earlier in the week (4 days of 4500 cals/day), but noticed some fat/water gain so I trimmed the cals back and the weight went with it. The only weight ive lost seems to have been water, I am stronger now than I was in week 4 of the T1. In fact, strength continues to increase...so yeah, post cycle gains are definately possible and not all that hard to achieve. I really havent 'lost' anything. Im just trying to maintain my bodyweight until Im sure natty test is back in full swing - then the high cal diet and intensive training will start to pack on some lean mass once again.

The 6-oxo/Nolva combo worked great, family jewels back to full size:), and at week three I can finally handle more intensity in the gym. (weeks 1 and 2 postcycle were tough...definately felt the little crash I had been expecting.)

So, all in all, I think this was definately a worthwhile investment. Up 15 solid lbs, a boatload of strength...might consider one more T1 cycle in another 5 weeks. If I can repeat the results of this stack (or even come close) , that would surely be cool.

BigV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Just a follow up -
Been 'off' for over 2 months now - Im stronger than I was at the end of T1, and just as heavy...225. I havent made a dedicated effort to put on any mass yet - started a new job and at 50 hrs/week, its all I can do to maintain...but all my lifts are up (strength kept climbing all through post cycle) its leveled off a bit - mainly because Ive slacked a little in order to adjust diet/training to my new 'busy as hell' lifestyle.
I had to buy all new clothes:)
Considering another T1 cycle in about 2 months or so...Im going to try to get to 230 on my own (5 more lean lbs...)and then hit 245-250 at the peak of the next bulk fest. Then, hold on to that for 6 months and the cutting shall begin...
Here's the lifts so far:

DB shoulder press: 85sx10
BenchPress : 330 x 1
Incline DB Bench: 100s x 12 (thats as heavy as they go in my gym:))
Deadlift: 500x1

Ive started doing ATG squats so Ive stripped 100lbs off what I was doing before in order to work on proper form...so right now Im at 250x10:):)

Good to post again - I havent been on in months!

Later!
BigV