Pulse Cycle for Climber? What to use?

Voodoo1

Awards
Hi

I'm a 29 year old strength enthusiast. My main sport is rock climbing. I'm trying to make progress losing weight and gaining strength and am considering a "boost".

I've been told that pulsing certain AA before my workouts might improve my strength endurance and recovery short-term without any serious health risks

I'm wondering if anyone has advice as to whether this is an OK approach for a small training boost, and what AA would be best to use for this goal? I've been reading about anavar and turinabol among others

My training involves pull-ups, gymnastics work and one arm training along with bench and deadlifts and some assistance

I weigh 182 and would like to reach 170 stronger than I am now. I do not need to gain any muscle. Any more than 5-10 pounds long term would be way too much.

If people think pulse is a bad idea and suggest a different cycle I am all for it. The goal is 10-12 pounds of fat loss while gaining strength with minimal PCT

Voodoo1

Awards
If people think pulse is dumb and would rather suggest something else that's fine. The key is a very low dose cycle to only lose fat and improve recovery, and minimal PCT

Voodoo1

Awards
Considering trying Anavar for some very mild recovery and weight loss enhancement

Will have to look around...

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pulsing is pretty pointless unless you're atleast test along with it. If you can get real Anavar, 6-8 weeks with Nolva or Clomid for four weeks of PCT would be good, maybe look into Epistane or Trenavar.

Voodoo1

Awards
Okay. Thanks. Anavar seems like the best compound then

Cullen

Awards
I'd like to see you try using a Sarm, little mass gain, strength gains and little/No pct depending on what you are running. S4 is probably what you are looking for. Maybe RAD or LGD.

Voodoo1

Awards
Any mood sides? Sounds like a reasonable option. Ideally my main goal would be improved recovery along with fat loss. Right now it's more important to me to get lighter than gain that bit of muscle. If I lost 12 pounds and hit 170 I would be around 8%-9%. I would also have to be amazingly strong to be a V10+ climber at 180, and my weight would always limit me.

Cullen

Awards
If you do go ahead with S4 (Andarine) the only side effect to be concerned with is problems with adjusting vision from darkness to light. If this occurs drop the dose slighty and it will fix itself quickly t1/2: 4-6hours. This side is dose dependant and most people do not experience it. Try stacking it with cardarine which won't put on size but massively increase endurance for your activities with no sides. Be careful where you get sarms though they are faked because they are expensive, if somethings cheap it probably is too good to be true.

Voodoo1

Awards
Yeah I've heard good things about cardarine. I don't really have cardio issues, will this improve actual strength endurance, such as # of pull-ups in training?

Will S4 increase appetite? Any issues with over heating on it?

Thanks so much. Will do some research now

Cullen

Awards
S4 isn't known to really affect appetite. Cardarine increases your metabolism so hunger may increase slightly. S4 again has no affect no heat, cardarine has been known to cool you down as DNP users mitigate sides by taking Cardarine.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There shouldn't be a "minimal pct" you should always use a serm, I personally like clomid better. If your goal is to cut, you should do it naturally imo

Voodoo1

Awards
The goal is to cut but to maintain strength. I have to do a volume of high intensity strength work such as levers, l sits, iron cross, weighted pull-ups, bench press, deadlift along with climbing a few times a week which involves a few seconds at a time of max effort gripping.

It's pretty hard to diet and also maintain the intensity to maintain performance, let alone do it while getting stronger and losing weight

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if you're trying to get stronger while dropping, maybe look into tbol or var.
I used to be against pulsing, but after trying it with superdrol and trest phenyl-ace, i'm now a fan.

want to increase your endurance look into amp-5 injectable. "adenosine 5-mono-phosphate"

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
how often do you climb?

I can't imagine the forearm pumps you would get on T-bol....

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
how often do you climb?

It was the most abused ped by the Germans in 92' Olympics.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
It was the most abused ped by the Germans in 92' Olympics.
I doubt it.... it was mainly used by the East Germans. they unified around '90....

the '92 games was when they increased drug testing quite a bit (hence all the women's records that still stand).

FWIW, I could barely run over a mile on that.... my calves would just pump up too much.

I could run for days on testosterone, tho.

Voodoo1

Awards
how often do you climb?

Haha my pumps are already so terrible! I just started wrist curls for PT too

I climb 3x/week pretty consistently. Looking to make the move to 4x. Gymnastics and pull-ups 2x, had to quit DB bench briefly but that's 2x.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I doubt it.... it was mainly used by the East Germans. they unified around '90....

the '92 games was when they increased drug testing quite a bit (hence all the women's records that still stand).

FWIW, I could barely run over a mile on that.... my calves would just pump up too much.

I could run for days on testosterone, tho.
Actually east and west Germany both. E.G. Is well known as it was first to be exposed in 91', and those involved ( or caught I should say) that we're no longer in office, were given suspended sentences and fines. W.G doping plans didn't come out until 2013, and it hasn't made as much noise as did the east as one of their most famous athletes got a sex change in 97.
And even with all that, we call know the doping didn't/hasn't stopped.

The dosing of ped' by athletes is much different than that of bb'ers.
Athletes were given 5mg as much as 5 times per day. That's only 25mg of tbol.

Voodoo1

Awards
Knowledge of PEDs used by climbers would be interesting. It's basically the same as gymnastics in terms of requiring lighter athletes who are as strong as possible at a series of skills. No real advantage to muscle gain beyond a certain base