pinning advice

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
Hey guys, what size needle is good to inject test cyp? Any preferences as to glute, delt, or quad & which size needles for these? I appreciate your advice.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally use a 23g needle into the glute. Thinking of 25g needles for the future. You have to be patient with filling the syringe though.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I draw with a 20g and pin with a 25g 5/8 in delts, or vastus lateralis.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I never had any issues going as small as 25g. It can take a bit longer which is a pain for higher doses tho. If you're pinning cyp id prob stuck to 23g.

Easiest site is quads but personally I'm a huge fan of delts too. Glutes can be difficult to pin on your own but not impossible. Ventrogluts are another great option but take a little courage the first time or two ;)

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd love to hit ventroglutes but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd love to hit ventroglutes but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet
It's terrifying ha. First time I ever pinned (literally any pin) I went straight for them because I was nervous to hit anywhere so I figured go for the place that pip won't matter as much... Found out that vg pip makes your entire hip ache and forces you to waddle awkwardly ha

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's terrifying ha. First time I ever pinned (literally any pin) I went straight for them because I was nervous to hit anywhere so I figured go for the place that pip won't matter as much... Found out that vg pip makes your entire hip ache and forces you to waddle awkwardly ha
Thanks for the comfort. Lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the comfort. Lol
Ha it wasn't the site it was the fact that it was my first cycle, it was test prop, and it was wicked pip regardless. Vg was my favorite spot by the end of that one tho because by the end of it that was the one are that the pip only lasted a day

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use 23g 1in for all sites even bi's and tri's

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
I appreciate all the responses...but what exactly is this "pip" I've been hearing about & does it occur regardless of pin location?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Post injection pain. Usually has to do with the molecular weight of the compound, or the ester with Propionate. Higher molecular weight = more pip. Some times quads will give me a little more pip, but mostly, it's what's in the syringe.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Post injection pain. Usually has to do with the molecular weight of the compound, or the ester with Propionate. Higher molecular weight = more pip. Some times quads will give me a little more pip, but mostly, it's what's in the syringe.
This. Also, new muscle and first cycles tend to have more pip.

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
Great lol, first cycle coming up. I'll be doing test C as my injectable

robmm

robmm

Awards
Draw with a 19g 1inch, quads and delts 25g 5/8" gluten 23g 1inch on test e for TRT never had any pip