First PH cycle. ULTRADROL log

joesgainshc

Awards
Hello, tomorrow(1/29/13) I am starting my first PH cycle. I am 21 years old, 6'3, 225 pounds, BF% sits around 16-19%( I always get different readings depending on the time of day.) This is my third year that I've been training seriously. I started off very over-weight and then became a twig, but since then I've learned more then I ever thought I could, and continue to everyday. I will be logging my cycle here for you guys and myself. I'll post info every week. Here is what I plan on running.

Cycle:
Ultradrol 8/12/12/12(or 16, depends on sides)
CEL Cycle Assist
Joint Support

PCT:
Nolva 20/20/10/10 (liquid form)
Vital Labs Post Cycle 3x
DAA
ZMA

I also will continue to take these supplements throughout it all:
Whey Protein
Creatine
Pre-workout (switching to a nitric oxide based PWO just to get away from caffeine for a while)
Multi-Vitamin
Fish Oil

My goal is to eat 3500-4000 calories a day. My training split will start off as follows:
-Chest/Triceps
-Legs/abs
-Back/shoulders/biceps
-Chest/triceps
-Legs/abs
-Back/shoulders/biceps
-Off

Let me know what you guys think; and if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them! I'm looking forward to the next month!

joesgainshc

Awards
Started the cycle today! Took 4mg in the morning with breakfast, Cycle Assist 4 hours after. Then took another 4mg after workout, and will take CE around 8:30. I felt really great in the gym. However I feel like I'm having headaches but that might just be normal, I'm sure the headaches will go away in a couple days if it is from the UD. Other than that everything feels normal, I know it's the first day, but whatever.

ikillsuckers

ikillsuckers

Awards
i subbd. interested to see what ud does for you as ive got some on the way

StayinHeavy

StayinHeavy

Awards
Doubt could happen after one dose, but if headaches persist, take constant blood pressure readings whenever possible. Keep that in check especially if having headaches and or nose bleeds

joesgainshc

Awards
The headaches went Away today! The first day I started I had a crazy math test with all these graphs, probably got the headaches from that!

joesgainshc

Awards
Third day now and I'm feeling great! No headaches, not tired, everything is good. Weight seems to have bumped up a few pounds already. Recovery is about normal. The pumps feel great though, I could stay in the gym for hours. I want to bump up to 12mg already but I think I'll stick to the original plan.

joesgainshc

Awards
I will try to take some pictures today or tomorrow so that I sort of have actual before pictures. I will def post progress pictures though.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I will try to take some pictures today or tomorrow so that I sort of have actual before pictures. I will def post progress pictures though.
Awesome man, nothing makes a PH log like some progress pics.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I would say try and eat more than 4k calories. I'm on cycle now. 6'4 214 eating 5-7k calories depending on how busy I am. I'm up to 225 and I still have same ab outlines as when I started. Id throw in erase at wk2 of pct and run it 2wks after Pct. Other than that cycle looks good, have fun!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks good so far. Hope Udrol treats you well ;)

joesgainshc

Awards
I would say try and eat more than 4k calories. I'm on cycle now. 6'4 214 eating 5-7k calories depending on how busy I am. I'm up to 225 and I still have same ab outlines as when I started. Id throw in erase at wk2 of pct and run it 2wks after Pct. Other than that cycle looks good, have fun!
Yeah I have been eating more then i thought I would. It's only been 4 days and I'm up around 3.5 pounds, which is great. Recovery is speeding up as well! No sides at all. Can't wait to bump up to 12mg on Tuesday!

I'm glad your cycle went well for you! Have you started PCT yet?

joesgainshc

Awards
So today is the beginning of the 5th day. Still no sides at all. I had a pretty moderate chest and triceps day yesterday(probably went around 75%-90%) on most of the lifts. Usually I am a little sore after those days but not too bad. But today I woke up and I don't feel a thing, it's like I never did it, so recovery is increasing steadily. :nervous:

joesgainshc

Awards
For some reason I can't post pictures cause my post count isn't at 150:(

But today is the 6th day and everything is great. Gained around 5 pounds already. Strength seems to have shot up a little bit, haven't really tested that too much yet cause I don't always train to failure. But the weights I am at seem to being getting easier, will be going to failure next couple weeks to see what happens!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Message them too me and I can post if you'd like

blujay88

Awards
Great log man, keep it updated weekly if you can.

joesgainshc

Awards
Today is the one week mark! gained around 7-8 pounds so far, feel like I've lost some fat too! I bumped up to 12mg's today and there is no sides except back pumps. The back pumps aren't too bad but hopefully they get better or go away. If not I'll have to get something to help with it. Strength and recovery continue to go up as well!

joesgainshc

Awards
Been a few days since the last post. Things have been going alright. Still a steady gain in weight gain, around 11 pounds now. However the back pumps continue and are pretty on and off. Sometimes they're harsh and other times not so much. Strength gains are coming along slowly, but I'm seeing them. And as far as visible size it's hard to tell.

Sadly I'm getting a gyno flare up. I already had it sort of from puberty, and with a my BMI where it is, well that certainly doesn't help. So I will be taking nolva at 20mg for the next 4-5 days. I hope that it goes down back to normal. If it doesn't then I will continue to take it throughout cycle. If symptoms don't subside as much as I hope they will, I will be lowering my UD dose back to 8mg. Next cycle I run will probably be with nolva or some sort of AI all the way through. But I'm not doing another one until I'm around 12% BF

blujay88

Awards
Yeah, make sure you have enough nolvadex. Get some erase powder or an AI ASAP though. Nolvadex will block the estrogen from binding to the receptor but an AI will stop the estrogen from getting out of balance in the first place. With nolvadex you should be okay, but it is very important to have an AI on hand next time. I would even goto *** or another store to see what they have as an over the counter AI and run that with the nolvadex. But again, lower the dose and make sure your Gyno is under control. Cuz it's like 6 g's for surgery. And get some DIM in 100 mg caps 1x a day.

joesgainshc

Awards
Yeah I know:ugh1:

I have plenty of nolva and when my friend helped me make my cycle he said everything will be fine with nolva, cause hes experienced and that's what he used with his gyno flare up. He also has pre existing gyno just like me. Granted hes like 7% BF now and weighs 230 pounds haha. But next time I will def just run a light AI with my cycle to be safe.

blujay88

Awards
Get some DIM @ 100 mg a cap. Take it once a day, I have it and its a good natural AI that's dirt cheap for a 30 day supply.

joesgainshc

Awards
Get some DIM @ 100 mg a cap. Take it once a day, I have it and its a good natural AI that's dirt cheap for a 30 day supply.
I will surely look into that. Since I have pre-existing gyno, I'm thinking about maybe trying letro for a tiny bit after I cut sometime during my cycle. It's the only AI that is supposed to kill estrogen. Which might make some of the prexisting stuff go away I'd hope.

joesgainshc

Awards
Damn DIM really is dirt cheap. I found 100(200 mg caps) for like $11. Would it be okay to order it now and just take it when it gets here? I will just take the nolva until it does and then take this the last couple days with the nolva and taper off like 10mg for two days, then continue to take the DIM through the rest of my cycle.

blujay88

Awards
I have a formula from a thread I found and saved:

Letro:
1. .5 mg Ed
2. 1 mg Ed
3. 1.5 mg Ed
4. 2 mg Ed
5. 2.5 mg Ed
Stay at 2.5 mg for 4-7 days and taper down
1. 2 mg Ed
2. 1.5 mg Ed
3. 1 mg Ed
4. .5 mg Ed
5. .25 mg Ed

So that's 5 days dosing up, then 4-7 days maintenance and 5 days dosing down. It says it should reverse Gyno. But you should use nolvadex after the letro as you would when you PCT from a cycle to rebound your normal level balance. But it says ur not going to be getting it up for a little.

blujay88

Awards
I would run the nolvadex along with the cycle if ur having flare ups right now until your done with your pct. Don't stop the nolvadex because its stopping the estrogen from binding to your receptors. I would take the dim at 200 mg for the first week and drop it to 100 mg for the rest of the cycle and PCT, even keep it at that dose off PCT for a while till your body feels stable again. I would order it now, you'll be okay till it gets there as long as its within a week or so.

blujay88

Awards
I think that 10 mg a day of nolvadex while on cycle would be good until pct. But if you need 20 mg, then take that. Only you know how your body is reacting, but don't stop taking it. And if your sensitive to DIM and get an unwanted reaction like hives or something stop taking it for a week, then take 50 mg every other day.

joesgainshc

Awards
Took 20mg of nolva last night and I already woke up feeling better. Isn't irritated as bad and it feels sort of like normal. Will be taking nolva the next couple days at 20mg and then just keep it 10 after that until PCT.

blujay88

Awards
That's sounds good, also make sure your taking a daily vitamin. I take NOW foods daily vits 100 count and it's one of the better complete vitamins in my opinion.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
That's sounds good, also make sure your taking a daily vitamin. I take NOW foods daily vits 100 count and it's one of the better complete vitamins in my opinion.
no sourcing allowed...

blujay88

Awards
Okay, I didn't remember what I wrote at first but the admin must have doctored the original post. Anyways that's all I wanted to say anyways, I'll keep sources out of it from now on.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
UD is my next run, along with bulk up...

blujay88

Awards
Also, I don't know if u use a fiber supplement. But their cheap and can help move excessive estrogen out of your body. Make sure to get sugar free fiber though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Also, I don't know if u use a fiber supplement. But their cheap and can help move excessive estrogen out of your body. Make sure to get sugar free fiber though.
constructive criticism here, but multi vits and fiber being recommended during a cycle is sorta trivial dont you think?

blujay88

Awards
It's hard to say that the use of a multivitamin and fiber daily is more of a placebo than anything. I'm not saying that it is going to increase the results of a cycle, or make a huge difference in the short run. But having a high quality multi vitamin is important if you have deficits in certain areas. The fiber, from what I've read which wasn't much, helps regulate hormones and can help expel excess hormones. But your right, compared to a clean diet. I would have to say their trivial.

joesgainshc

Awards
So tomorrow is the end of week 2. Gained about 10 pounds so far. The gyno is slowly going down I feel like, so that's great. However, the back pumps are ****ING AWFUL. I took 200mg of ibprohen or whatever yesterday before bed so I could actually sleep and that helped. I think instead of taking 8mg in the morning I'm going to spread it out 3 4mg doses a day. Instead of 8mg in the morning and 4 in the evening. Maybe 8mg all at once is killing me. Strength is still slowly rising so that's great. Shoulders are looking a lot more rounded and I can even start to see some vascularity around there, Considering I'm around 19% BF that's awesome. I'm flying to California on Wednesday (i live in VA), so I'm excited to keep it all going there. The gym I go to out there is very nice.

joesgainshc

Awards
constructive criticism here, but multi vits and fiber being recommended during a cycle is sorta trivial dont you think?

Yeah my diet hasn't been the CLEANEST it could have been. It should be better this next week because my girlfriend cooks for me the entire time and it's usually on the cleaner side. Haha I will be eating IN N OUT burgers after some workouts though, I can't resist.

blujay88

Awards
Have a good time in California Joesgainshc, as for the back pumps... Personally on such a short cycle I would just take high doses of aleve or Motrin etc. Even though the pain medication can hinder your gains a little bit, it's better then going without and if you only take 400 mg at night I'm sure you won't notice any losses. Try drinking more water, cutting sodium and hitting the bananas a couple times a day as well. From what I've seen on forums other BB say that taurine in the higher doses of 3-7 grams a day can help along with increased water consumption and sodium cuts. As for the diet, man... I can't stress it enough that the cleaner and balanced it is the more explosive results you'll see, the less sides and water retention as well. Whatever you BMR is, plus your exercise expense = maintenance. Add 700 calories a day to account for what it takes to build a pound of muscle. So if your BMR + EE = 2400, add 700 for 3100 clean calories on a bulk cycle. But add an extra 350 calories a day just because the cycle is so short, so somewhere in the range of 3450 calories a day. It's tough it really is, I did a test. e cycle for my first cycle and wished I would have just ate clean while on cycle, it's dangerous to put your body through a cycle and you should be your own doctor when doing a cycle. Anyways, a good macro to start would be 23 % protein, 55 % carbs and 22 % fat. But hey man, this is all just advice... Do what ever the F*** you wanna do!