Precursor to my epistane log...

loafy777

Awards
Hey all.

I have been reading various posts on the site for hours at a time for the past month or so. During that time, I got the itch to start my first epistane cycle and had some questions. Hopefully, this will be a landing zone for those questions in addition to the actual cycle log. I'm thinking that I will start in 2-3 weeks with the pre-cycle, so 4-5 weeks out on the epistane.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and my apologies for the ensuing novella.

QUESTIONS
  1. Is there any compelling reason that different brands of epistane cannot be used simulataneously?
    Specifically, I'm thinking of snagging 2 bottles of Havoc by RPN and 1 bottle of Ep-Stane by Dynamic Formulas. The rationale is to (a) have the flexibility of the varied dosages per pill and (b) a sort of backup plan in the event that one formulation or the other is less effective.
    UPDATE: Meh... epstaneman appears to be getting great results out of the Ep-Stane and it's much more economical. I'm just going to snag 3 bottles of that and do 2 cycles assuming positive results.
  2. What is the "standard" pre-emptive dosing of taurine?
    I've seen people mention 3g - 10g daily, though the manufacturer dosing recommendations say not to exceed 3g/day
    UPDATE: Based upon some additional digging, I'm going to shoot for 3g pre and another 3g post workout.
  3. Is it overkill to pre-cycle with CEL Cycle Assist, extra Hawthorn Berry and Liv.52?
    It would be my intention to continue them all through the six week cycle (total of 8 weeks).
    UPDATE: Perhaps it is overkill, but I'd rather play it safe.

GOAL

Recomp. I also wouldn't hate it if that recomp involved packing on slabs of lean mass.

Previously: 185 lbs @ 18.4% bf (Roughly 2.5 years ago)
June 25, 2012: 180.7 lbs @ 10.67% bf
October 5, 2012: 175.7 lbs @ 8.84% bf
November 26, 2012: 188.1 lbs @ 7.74% bf

I apparently carry ALL KINDS of visceral fat because I don't see how the numbers are accurate compared to other people. For example, my upper abs are barely visible, if at all. The referenced comps are professionally done however, so I really shouldn't have any reason to doubt them. I guess that's just the way that I am though...

PLANNED DOSING

Daily supplements: [COLOR="#99000"]Weeks 1 - 16, unless otherwise noted[/COLOR]
  • Opti-Men Multivitamin (1 pill, 1x daily... I seem to piss it out at that dosage much less the recommended 3 pills)
  • Fish Oil (6g or so daily)
  • Whey Protein (25g - 100g+ to meet minimum 1g protein/day)
  • Xtend BCAAs (5g - 10g)
  • Vitamin D (5000IUs)
  • Himalaya Liv52 DS (130mg of capparis spinosa) (1 pill, 2x daily) UPDATE: Going daily after epstaneman's elevated levels. Playing it safe isn't bad in this case.
Pre-cycle: [COLOR="#99000"]Weeks 1 - 2, unless otherwise noted[/COLOR]
  • CEL Cycle Assist (4 pills, 2x daily)
  • Hawthorn Berries 565 mg (1 pill, 2x daily)
Peri-cycle: Weeks 3 - 8, unless otherwise noted
  • Epistane @ 45/45/45/45/45/45
    Week 1 will ramp 15mg, 30mg, 30mg, 30mg on days 1 - 4 respectively
  • Taurine @ 3g? ...or whatever is recommended per the question [#2] above
  • CEL Cycle Assist (4pills, 2x daily)
  • Hawthorn Berries 565 mg (1 pill, 2x daily)
Post-cycle: Weeks 9 - 16, unless otherwise noted
  • Research Nolva @ 20/20/10/10/-/-/-/-
  • Erase (standard/non-pro) @ -/-/3/2/2/1/1/-
  • PES Alphamine @ -/-/-/-/3/3/3/3
    Ramping dosages per manufacturer, ie. 1 scoop morning / 1 scoop 5-6 hours later to assess tolerance
  • DAA @ 3g/3g/3g/3g/-/-/-/-

NUTRITION

Honestly, this is the area where I'd most like some feedback.

I'm currently running IF, most closely resembling LeanGains. The freedom that it provides is, for me, a much nicer lifestyle than some of the other nutrition plans I've implemented over the years.

That said, I'm not sure the benefits of intermittent fasting will be as pronounced on a cycle versus the more natural approach. I don't know...

Target Macros: Averages. Might be slightly more or less each day.
  • Protein = 225g (40%)
  • Carbs = 225g (40%)
  • Fat = 50g (20%)
  • Total Calories = 2250
I may increase assuming that I respond well to the epistane and don't simply add needless calories. I recall seeing something on the net about getting 18 - 20 calories per pound. At the low-end, that would translate to an additional 900 calories or so. We'll see how it goes...

Updated nutrition info here.

BLOOD WORK

CBC_Metabolic__10-12.jpg

Various__10-12.jpg

j05441

Awards
Ay bro Im in for this. Stating epi around same time as you. Only thing I notice wrong is your DAA. Its a Lh & T boster. You want to start that Day 1. Im gonna start mine a few days before its over just to try and get a lh bost before hand. They say it loses effects after 4 weeks but its so cheep and I got a ton im gonna run it a few weeks after too till my erase is taper off. Also I under stand your doing a cut but cutting while on PCT will result in lost gains beware with that alphmine.
Taurne start at 3 and work up if needed.
Get ready for your ride bro!

loafy777

Awards
Old post here was purged in favor of throwing pics in.

I will open by saying that I am the first to note that my BF% does not seem to align with the way I look. Nevertheless, it has been consistent over 3 different nutritionists. When I call them out on it, they seem to think it has a lot to do with skin (from being a chubster as a kid). :dunno:

INITIAL PICS

RelaxedFront.jpg
FlexedUpperFront.jpg

Back.jpg
Legs.jpg

UPDATES

Front__W1vW4.7.jpg

FrontSME.jpg

Legs_W1vW7.jpg

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
daa is usually used as a test booster starting a few days into pct, when levels fall. You won't run a test booster while on because the PH will handle that
If you're looking for a test base to combat lethargy, besides pinning test, many people (including myself) run something topical like dermacrine
Check out my log

loafy777

Awards
daa is usually used as a test booster starting a few days into pct, when levels fall. You won't run a test booster while on because the PH will handle that
If you're looking for a test base to combat lethargy, besides pinning test, many people (including myself) run something topical like dermacrine
Check out my log
My phone is forever making this forum look strange. I'll double check when I get home, but it should have been updated to show the DAA during the first 4 weeks of PCT, not PH cycle.

Either way, I appreciate the info and will take any that I can get.

loafy777

Awards
Just getting some of the extra kinks worked out here since the pre-cycle is getting closer all the time.

Thanks to AM's self-proclaimed (...and for good reason) freaky old fug, DreamWeaver, for pointing to the IF Calculator in his Epi-V log. I took an initial stab at it; guessing what I perceive to be relatively high (for me) in the Bodyfat input.

I think that I'm going to roll with Option #1 and then adjust based on how well (or not) I respond to the Epi. Thoughts?

Apologies in advance for the barrage of images.

Input:
IF_Calc__Epi_Prop.jpg

[HR][/HR]
Starting Option #1:
IF_Calc__Epi_Prop__MacrosPlus.jpg

[HR][/HR]
Starting Option #2: Apparent Martin Berkin macro split as shown here:
Brand new Lean Gains FAQ -thanks for the link QUIL!!! - examine.com/leangains-faq/#summary19
IF_Calc__Epi_Prop__MacrosPlus_BerkinSplit.jpg

loafy777

Awards
Day 1

DOSING:
I only took 1 cap (15mg) of Ep-stane today. Figured I would do a quick ramp to feel it out; 15/30/30/30/45...

TRAINING:
It was a rest day so I wasn't too concerned with it coinciding with my lowest dosage either. Nothing out of the ordinary to speak of, but I'm sure that is to be expected being both the first dose and the small amount.

NUTRITION:
I ended up being way higher on my fat intake than anticipated per the macro breakdown above, but I was pretty much spot on with the overall caloric intake.
Nutritional Totals - 2,223cal, 48g carb, 130g fat, 236g pro

Also, I will be adding my blood work results from Friday to the initial post. Edited it previously to include my latest body comp data which should be pretty accurate for my current state as well (it was taken ~9 days ago).

loafy777

Awards
Day 2

Sorry for the delay fellas. I also plan to post today's entry in a bit, gotta go finish eating though. :head:

DOSING:
2 caps today (30mg); split morning and evening. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything documented on dose timing. That's not to say that it isn't out there, I just haven't seen it from searching. I know that others have split their dosages, just not sure if there is any science behind it.

SIDES:
- I'm hoping that it was a fluke, but I might have a slight allergy to the sulfur or something. I was sneezing like crazy today.
- Also, unrelated to allergy type symptoms, I seemed to have the bladder of a small child. I must've hit the pisser a good 6-7 times in the 2-hour span before working out.

TRAINING:
Today was upper body. The trainers at the gym have me on a split as follows (Monday - Friday): upper / lower / rest / upper / lower. The upper split is listed below with the first 4 pairs (alternated colors) being supersets. Rep scheme listed after the movement.
Nothing noteworthy in terms of strength. It felt just like any other day really... no added strength, no lethargy, etc. If anything, I'd say I had less juice in the tank than the previous week. I will also note that this workout regimen isn't something that I would've devised on my own, but I trust the guys who made it as they are in great shape (no homo) and have the education to back it up.

Upper Body Workout, Day 1
Incline Bench - 10, 10, 8, 8
Bent Over High Row - 4x10
Bent Over Barbell Row, Palms Up - 10, 10, 8, 8
Low-to-High Cable Fly - 3x10

Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press - 3x10
Bent Over Reverse Fly - 3x10
Dumbbell Curl - 3x10
Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 3x10

Pulldowns (Tabata, 20s work/10s rest... 8 times back-to-back)
Cable Rope Curl (Tabata)​

NUTRITION:
About 150 calories under the total intake goal today, but protein was up there so I'm not too concerned.
Nutritional Totals - 2,827cal, 249g carb, 122g fat, 256g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 3

Weight: 172.7 lbs

DOSING:
2 caps again today (30mg), same split; morning and evening.

SIDES:
- Sneezing was gone so maybe it was something in the air.
- I'm noticing that I am a bit less inhibited than normal. This could be a bad thing as I workout at the gym at work. I unfortunately work with a fair amount of d-bags so all of the times that I've bit my tongue in the past may not play out the same way. I'll keep you guys posted on this front for sure.
- Also, I was sweating buckets during the workout today. I can typically build up a decent sweat as the workout goes along, but I was literally dripping about 3/4 of the way through.

TRAINING:
Lower body day. I knocked through the workout and felt like I had more in me. 2 supersets and a tri-set today.

Lower Body Workout, Day 1
Dumbbell Split Squat - 10, 10, 8, 8
Seated Hamstring Curls - 4x10
Barbell RDL[SUP]*[/SUP] - 10, 10, 8, 8
Kettlebell Lateral Lunge - 3x10

Jump Squats w/Weight Vest, Valslide Pikes, Stability Ball Plank w/Hip Flexion - 3x10
Leg Extensions - (Tabata)
I threw in a 3x10 of KB Swings (biggest KB there is only 53lb so that had to suffice...)

Ran a few intervals as well at slight (3%) incline. Speeds were: 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 11.5, 11, 10.5

* Was supposed to be Single Leg Barbell RDL w/ Palms Up. I felt a little too much like a circus performer and not enough like a lifter. Slapped 275 on there and was much more content. Not sure the trainers agreed but c'est la vie, right?

NUTRITION:
Closer to 300 calories under the total intake goal today (getting worse!), but protein was up again so I didn't go crazy over-correcting.
Nutritional Totals - 2,679cal, 164g carb, 107g fat, 277g pro

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Day 2

Sorry for the delay fellas. I also plan to post today's entry in a bit, gotta go finish eating though. :head:

2 caps today (30mg); split morning and evening. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything documented on dose timing. That's not to say that it isn't out there, I just haven't seen it from searching. I know that others have split their dosages, just not sure if there is any science behind it.

I'm hoping that it was a fluke, but I might have a slight allergy to the sulfur or something. I was sneezing like crazy today. Also, unrelated to allergy type symptoms, I seemed to have the bladder of a small child. I must've hit the pisser a good 6-7 times in the 2-hour span before working out.

Today was upper body. The trainers at the gym have me on a split as follows (Monday - Friday): upper / lower / rest / upper / lower. The upper split is listed below with the first 4 pairs (alternated colors) being supersets. Rep scheme listed after the movement.
Nothing noteworthy in terms of strength. It felt just like any other day really... no added strength, no lethargy, etc. If anything, I'd say I had less juice in the tank than the previous week. I will also note that this workout regimen isn't something that I would've devised on my own, but I trust the guys who made it as they are in great shape (no homo) and have the education to back it up.

Incline Bench - 12, 12, 10, 10
Bent Over Barbell Row, Palms Up - 12, 12, 10, 10

Dumbbell Curl - 3x10

Pulldowns (Tabata, 20s work/10s rest... 8 times back-to-back)
Cable Rope Curl (Tabata)​

About 150 calories under the total intake goal today, but protein was up there so I'm not too concerned.
Nutritional Totals - 2,827cal, 249g carb, 122g fat, 256g pro

I specifically included my dose timings in the first post of my log. I don't see much info in other logs so I tried making mine mucho detailed.

Few days late but I'm sub'd. I remember sweating more with the Epistane but nothing that would leave a pool behind or anything lol Remember to use acne body wash to keep the pimples away.

Hope your taking your liv.52 EVERY DAY (at least 3 caps) so you can have fun. It's really a bummer if you have to stop before your planned date. I'm a month into my pct and I still have kept all my size and strength. G'luck on your cycle!

loafy777

Awards
Getting called out already, nice! Haha, just playing. I didn't remember seeing it but like you said, it's definitely in there. Thanks for the heads up.

As for the Liv.52 (and all supports for that matter), yes I'm definitely prioritizing that.

loafy777

Awards
Day 4

DOSING:
Last day @ 2 caps (30mg); split morning and evening. As mentioned, still making sure that I'm systematic with the supports with the exception of the taurine. No particular reason, at least not a good one other than not experiencing the back pumps that it would be counteracting. I will likely add it in soon as I have it anyway.

SIDES:
- Sweat pretty good again today, but nothing like yesterday. I'll assume it was attributed more to the high intensity of the workout than the epistane, but it's something that I'll try to monitor.
- Update on mood: Let's call it a time bomb at this point. I do have a ton of stressors which obviously isn't great for this particular metric, but good god did I want to rip some people apart today.

TRAINING:
Today was the second upper body day of the week (should've been rest but my training partners skipped out on the last 5 training sessions so they were eager and I obliged). Increased the weight over the same workout from last week, though by an amount comparable to what I would've expected normally.

Upper Body Workout, Day 2
Weighted Eccentric Pullups - 6, 6, 5, 5
Explosive/Plyometric Push-ups - 4x10
Alternating Dumbbell Flat Bench (non-working arm extended) - 10, 10, 8, 8
Single Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row - 4x10

Single Arm Flat Bench[SUP]*[/SUP] - 10, 10, 8
Dumbbell Pullover - 3x10
Seated Row - 3x10
Cable Overhead Tricep Extension - 3x10

Tricep Pushdown (Tabata)
Pushups (Tabata) - Skipped these. Arms were already about to explode so this would've been absolutely ridiculous.

* Seemed like basically the same exercise at face value. Asked the trainers and they basically said that the latter of the two focuses more on the stabilizers and allows for more weight to be used since you are holding it overhead twice as long. So my takeaway is that it targets core and strength, but what do I know...

NUTRITION:
In an effort to maintain some degree of sanity, I didn't log strictly today. The food that I packed was for my off-day (in terms of calories and macros). I bought some food in the cafe and tried to work off of that. Still have some eating to do, but I'd say that I am under across the board.
UPDATE: I definitely was and still am under target. That friggin 3k calorie mark is a sonuva bitch.

Interesting (to me) tidbit: Despite being under the targeted values from the IF Calc, I'm averaging ~16cal/lb of lean mass (160lb) across the 4 days logged. That's consistent with the article Nate Miyaki published today regarding a generalized starting point for caloric intake with a goal of muscle gain.
Nutritional Totals - 2,706cal, 175g carb, 111g fat, 246g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 5

DOSING:
3 caps today (45mg); split 2 caps morning and 1 in evening. Added an additional Liv.52 to the first round of supports and maintained the 1 in the evening.

SIDES:
- Still working up a bit more sweat than usual. Not a complaint, just an observation.
- I'm learning to deal with the mood aspect. My patience is still at an all-time low, but I'm also very aware of that and am compensating to try to balance it out.

TRAINING:
Today was the second lower body day of the week. This is easily my least favorite workout of the week. It's not that the plan/movements aren't good, but it highlights imbalances which forces me to drop the weight to the point of not feeling it where I should be. I breezed through the first superset. Got frustrated with the next due to the damned split squats. The tabata leg curls were frigging evil! I did approximately 110 REPS in 4 minutes. Needless to say, I had a pretty good pump going on.

Lower Body Workout, Day 2
Barbell RDL - 10, 10, 8, 8
Box/Bench Jumps - 4x10
Weighted Split Squats w/Front Foot Elevated & Rear Foot in TRX - 10, 10, 8, 8
Single Leg Valslide Eccentric Leg Curl - 4x6

Split Squat Isometric Hold, Bottom Position - 30s/leg, 30s/leg, 30s/leg
TRX Body Saw - 30s, 30s, 30s
Dynamic Lateral Pillar Bridge - 30s/side, 30s/side, 30s/side

Seated Leg Curl (Tabata)
Seated Calf Raises (Tabata) - Skipped these due to time constraints.

NUTRITION:
Unlike the previous days, I didn't have any issues getting the calories in today. Macros weren't exactly spot on, but they were in the ballpark.

Nutritional Totals - 3,026cal, 220g carb, 147g fat, 204g pro

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Macros? Not meeting them? Bro....so long as its a SH*T ton then your all good.

I have the body type where I gain fat easily.....I didn't gain any additional fat on Epistane eating my ass off. And I was eating DIRTY FOODS! Protein synthesis and nutrient partitioning is increased greatly while on steroids.

My advice? If you want to look bigger and leaner....eat and EAT ALLOT! Even dirty foods.....just stay away from the junk food.
I actually found it harder to continue gaining weight even with dirty eating. I was going to add mass gainer shakes till I had to stop my cycle.

Just my advice bro. Don't know how scared you are to increase calories but I'd hate to see you done with your cycle and not happy you didn't get big enough. I would of been like.....damn.....I could of stepped in and maybe nudged him to embrace the Epistane more.

It WANTS to be fed. You can't keep the beast locked up bro. YOU CAN'T!!!
dehulk.jpg

loafy777

Awards
Day 6

DOSING:3 caps today (45mg); split 2 caps morning and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- Either my body is starting to adapt or I'm not noticing things anymore. Either way, nothing noteworthy to report in terms of side effects.

TRAINING:
I wasn't feeling a rest day so I repeated the first upper body day of the week. Aside from literally breaking the damned Kaiser rack pulley system, it went pretty well. I doubt that it was actually me that did the breaking, but I was still the lucky recipient of a metal cylinder dropping onto the back of my neck between sets. On another note, despite being the weak little punk that I am, I felt pretty good about finishing my Seated DB OH Press with 60s for 8.

Incline Barbell Bench - 10, 10, 8, 8
Bent Over High Row - 4x10 *Subbed in Face Pulls
Bent Over Barbell Row, Palms Up - 10, 10, 8, 8

Dumbbell Curl - 3x10

Pulldowns - (Tabata) As mentioned above, I managed to break the pulley so I had to stop after the 3rd round.
Cable Rope Curl - (Tabata)

NUTRITION:
Pretty content with my eating today. Getting used to eating at this level to the point where I didn't have to go back and eat anything additional. I usually log most of my intake for the day and then eat as necessary to ensure that I'm getting close.

Nutritional Totals - 2,863cal, 254g carb, 116g fat, 231g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 7

DOSING:
3 caps today (45mg); split morning, afternoon and evening.

SIDES:
- Getting some crazy night sweats. I woke up in the middle of the night completely soaked; Freaking gnarly. Had the AC and fan going as usual so it's not like anything changed environmentally.

TRAINING:
... and on the seventh day, he rested. Day 8 will be a rest day as well so I expect it to be quite similar to this with the exception of dosing; I'll likely stick to the 2 morning/1 evening layout due to my schedule.

NUTRITION:
I honestly didn't think that I had quite as big of a delta between carbs and fat (not sweating it, just stating an observation). Also went a bit higher overall than I'd have liked to, but I feel pretty solid about it. Didn't feel over or under satiated at any point.

Nutritional Totals - 2,478cal, 80g carb, 150g fat, 224g pro

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Night sweats? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Ya.... DEFINITELY don't skip showers and make sure to use acne body wash. You wan't to avoid as much visible acne as possible.

loafy777

Awards
Night sweats? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Ya.... DEFINITELY don't skip showers and make sure to use acne body wash. You wan't to avoid as much visible acne as possible.
Agreed. I average two showers a day so that isn't likely to change anytime soon. It is however pretty popular at my gym to skip the shower after working out or a quick dab of hand soap under the pits at the sink. Yeah, I work with some nasty people...

Side note on the night sweat deal: I have been using Sheex for a while now; Highly recommend them. I can't imagine how bad it'd have been with standard cotton sheets, bleh.

loafy777

Awards
Day 8

DOSING:
3 caps today (45mg); split 2 caps in the morning, 1 in the evening.

SIDES:
- Sweating has toned down. It seems that any of these things which might be associated come and go pretty quickly as my body adapts to the epistane (which is almost as good as not having anything happen at all).

TRAINING:
As mentioned, today was another rest day so nothing to report in terms of training.

NUTRITION:
Pretty similar to yesterday in terms of feeling satiated at the lower calorie level for rest days. Then again, this is pretty close to what I was used to eating before the epi so that makes sense.

Nutritional Totals - 2,363cal, 96g carb, 128g fat, 205g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 9

Weight: 175.7 lbs Up 3 lbs.

DOSING:
3 caps today (45mg); split 2 caps morning and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy to report in terms of side effects.

TRAINING:
Start of the work[out] week. The rep scheme is changing on these each week, but the order and movements are the same. After this week, I'm switching it up but more on that later. Strength is maintained (at best) with no signs of a significant boost yet.

Incline Barbell Bench - 8, 8, 6, 6
Bent Over High Row - 4x10 *Subbed in Face Pulls
Bent Over Barbell Row, Palms Up - 8, 8, 6, 6

Dumbbell Curl - 3x10

Pulldowns - (Tabata)

NUTRITION:
I ate roughly 1200 of the day's calories in my first meal and the remainder was split pretty evenly between the time shortly after getting home from work and about 2 hours later when I started my fast again. I feel like I could have eaten twice as much for my first meal, yet the two smaller meals left me feeling a bit bloated in the evening. I'm going to go out on a limb and blame the carbs since each of the latter meals contained more carbs than the first.

Nutritional Totals - 2,839cal, 237g carb, 78g fat, 235g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 10

DOSING:
3 caps (45mg); split 2 caps morning and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- Grrrr... Really hoping that this is a fleeting side as they have thankfully been so far, but damn do I have to piss often. Not only that, but I can feel like I need to urinate almost immediately after having done so. I realize that this is likely tied to the prostate, hence my hope that it goes away quickly.
- Sulfur!! I guess I was naive to think that these things would only smell bad in the bottle. That junk just seeps from my pores. Oh well.

TRAINING:
I usually love doing leg day, but not so much on this workout plan. I like to load the weight up a bit [for me] at least on my first exercise, which has typically been a big compound movement. I suppose that is why I threw in a non-prescribed 3x8 of deads at the end...

Dumbbell Split Squat - 8, 8, 6, 6
Valslide Leg Curls - 4x10
Single Leg Barbell RDL w/ Palms Up - 8, 8, 6, 6

Jump Squats, Valslide Pikes, Stability Ball Plank w/Hip Flexion - 4x10

Trap Bar Deadlifts - 3x8 @ 275 which is far from heavy, but it still felt good to move a little more weight.​

NUTRITION:
Should've trusted myself a bit more nutritionally today. I felt like I had eaten enough but checked my log and saw that I needed to make up some calories. After eating I realized that I forgot to log something. WHOOPS!

Nutritional Totals - 3,127cal, 252g carb, 135g fat, 285g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 11

DOSING:
3 caps (45mg); split 2 caps morning and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- Still sulfurific.
- Urination dealy was just as annoying today. I'll give it another day before I go snag some extra supports for this (the cycle support has saw palmetto which is supposed to help).

TRAINING:
Felt like I increased the weight a decent amount today. This could be due to the lower rep scheme that I tend to thrive on or possibly some real gains. Hopefully it's the latter.
The SA Flat Bench was done with a 70lb DB. I feel as though I could have done more but it either jumps up to 90s which was too much or I'd have to switch to Power Blocks which are a bit too awkward for something like this IMHO.

Wide Grip Pullups - 8, 8, 6, 6
Explosive/Plyometric Push-ups - 4x10 (last set was anything but explosive. Busted through 10 normal push-ups instead of the ugliest plyo variation ever)
Alternating Dumbbell Flat Bench (non-working arm extended) - 8, 8, 6, 6

Single Arm Flat Bench - 8, 8, 8
Dumbbell Pullover - 3x10
Seated Row - 3x10

Tricep Pushdown (Tabata)
Pushups (Tabata) - Only did a few of the sets (4 maybe?) and then had to jet. No love lost there...

NUTRITION:
Way under the "target" protein intake, but still over 1g/lb so I'm good with that.
Nutritional Totals - 2,904cal, 243g carb, 118g fat, 180g pro

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Nettle Root Extract is good for the prostate. That's if you feel pain there. Don't know if it can be linked to frequent urination. Could be that your just drinking lots of liquids.

loafy777

Awards
Day 12

DOSING:
3 caps today (45mg); split 1 cap morning, 1 afternoon and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- Annoyed at the frequent urination/feeling of need to urinate. It's probably not one of those things that you want to use the old mind-over-matter logic with.

TRAINING:
Still not a fan of this workout, but it felt slightly less awkward today.

Barbell RDL* - 8, 8, 6, 6
Box/Bench Jumps - 4x10
Weighted Split Squats w/Front Foot Elevated & Rear Foot in TRX - 8, 8, 6, 6

Seated Leg Curl (Tabata) - Skipped
Seated Calf Raises (Tabata) - Skipped

* I used DBs instead of barbell on the RDLs as it's the preference of one of the guys I train with. Used the biggest ones we have (110s) and just did extra reps.​

NUTRITION:
I'm definitely acclimated to eating at this level now. I'm curious to see if there is a difference on the scale next week.

Nutritional Totals - 2,986cal, 200g carb, 108g fat, 244g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 13

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Just as quickly as the damn pissing frequency thing came on, it seems to have subsided (thankfully!)

TRAINING:
Today was another rest day so nothing to report in terms of training.

NUTRITION:
Unfortunately for my nutrition log, I had a Halloween party to go to. I still ate foods that were somewhat in-line with my goals for the day, I just didn't track it. I figured if I was going to neglect the alcohol all night, I was still coming out on top with this mentality. That and there was some awesome turkey in a Crock Pot; tore that junk up.

Definitely ate sufficient amounts of protein. That's about all that I can say for sure.

Nutritional Totals - ???

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Day 13

- Just as quickly as the damn pissing frequency thing came on, it seems to have subsided (thankfully!)

Today was another rest day so nothing to report in terms of training.

Unfortunately for my nutrition log, I had a Halloween party to go to. I still ate foods that were somewhat in-line with my goals for the day, I just didn't track it. I figured if I was going to neglect the alcohol all night, I was still coming out on top with this mentality. That and there was some awesome turkey in a Crock Pot; tore that junk up.

Definitely ate sufficient amounts of protein. That's about all that I can say for sure.

Nutritional Totals - ???

Ain't nothing wrong with eating loads of protein. Even if it wasn't 'on track' so to speak. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just keep killing it.

Lucky for me I have no life so I won't be in the whole 'party scene' so to speak. Probably sit out on the front porch with my lil doggies wearing costumes and pass out candies to the kids.

loafy777

Awards
Days 14 & 15

DOSING:
3 caps (45mg); split 1 cap morning, 1 afternoon and 1 in evening.

SIDES:
- No info to report regarding sides/potential sides.

TRAINING:
Both were rest days. Since there was nothing noteworthy in terms of training, I figured I would combine the two entries. Sorry for the duds of reports here fellas but I suppose no news is still news.

NUTRITION:
For Day 14, I was still oot and aboot from the night before so I didn't get to track things too strictly again. As with the previous day, I ate sufficient amounts of protein and felt as though the overall calories were similar. Day 15 started out with everything being tracked and then the wife hit me up with a last minute dinner plan that wasn't on my radar. Still ate quality foods, but didn't have a way to truly track it so I didn't want to list anything that was 100%.

Nutritional Totals - ???

loafy777

Awards
Day 16 (we are into week 3 for those that might be math-challenged)

Weight: 180.1 lbs Up 4.4 lbs week-over-week, and 7.4 lbs since my weigh-in on week 1.

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Splitting up the epistane is HIGHLY recommended. I was originally trying to avoid bringing any caps with me so I had been taking 2 in the morning and one in the evening. After splitting up that morning dose, I haven't had the prostate related concerns. Maybe it's just my body adapting as it had to the other noted items but I think I'll keep it this way regardless.

TRAINING:
Start of the work[out] week. The rep scheme is changing on these each week, but the order and movements are the same. The trainers apparently decided to keep the scheme going another week which contradicts my previous post on the topic. Sorry for the unintended misinformation there.

Strength has definitely increased. I started with 70lb DBs on incline bench and busted through 4 extra reps pretty easily. Went up to 90lb DBs to avoid the Power Blocks and still hit the prescribed reps. On the last set, the 80lb PBs were sitting there so I snagged them and hit 8 reps. Similar story on the BO BB Rows; started with 165 and finished up using 185. Rinse and repeat with DB OHP @ 65lb.

Incline Barbell Bench - 6, 6, 4, 4 *Subbed in DBs
Bent Over Barbell Row, Palms Up - 6, 6, 4, 4

Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press - 3x6
Dumbbell Curl - 3x6

Pulldowns - (Tabata)

NUTRITION:
So it looks like I was significantly under on the protein today, however 170g is still decent IMHO. The literature on that varies so much that I don't sweat this for a second.

Nutritional Totals - 2,585cal, 283g carb, 100g fat, 170g pro

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Late as but subbed bro. I'm actually logging my first epi run too. I'm only 8 days in at 30mg. The urinating thing is deff annoying to say the least!!

loafy777

Awards
Day 17

DOSING:

SIDES:
- As much as I sound like a broken record, I want to be thorough. The damned pissing feeling came back mid-workout today. I'm going to attribute this one more to having taken one cap shortly before the workout and then drinking a massive amount of fluids. Not concerned as it subsided pretty quickly. Just annoyed.

TRAINING:
Due to the lower rep range, I decided to up the weight. Used 90lb DBs for the split squats (which was 40lbs more per hand/80lbs total, more than last week). As with most BB stuff, my brothers, who I train with, prefer to use DBs instead. We used that mentality on the RDLs. I think I've mentioned it but the gym only has 110lb DBs max so I used those and just went up on reps.

Oh and also... screw Tabata leg extensions! They do NOT make walking fun since you don't get enough of a break in between to attempt to recover. That said, they are humbling and probably a great way to finish out on legs for the day.

Dumbbell Split Squat - 6, 6, 4, 4
Valslide Leg Curls - 4x10 *Subbed in Seated Leg Curls
Single Leg Barbell RDL w/ Palms Up - 6, 6, 4, 4 *Subbed in DB RDL

Jump Squats, Valslide Pikes, Stability Ball Plank w/Hip Flexion - 4x10
KB Crunch - (Tabata)​

NUTRITION:
No real notes on nutrition today other than feeling good to be back in the groove. I wasn't necessarily "off the wagon" over the weekend, but not being able to strictly log it was annoying as I don't want any reasons to second guess anything.

Nutritional Totals - 2,766cal, 301g carb, 107g fat, 235g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 18

DOSING:
3 caps (45mg); split 1 cap morning, 1 afternoon and 1 in evening. I woke up about 30 minutes early, took my first cap and then dozed back off. Trying to give myself more time between dosages to help with sides.

SIDES:
- Had a brief and mild bout of the urination sensation. Started mid-way through the gym and was gone by the time I went back to work. While it's still annoying, I'm certainly happy that it's calmed the hell down.

TRAINING:
"Rest day" so I hit up some 3:1 intervals @ 9mph w/3% incline. Then some core; KB crunches and Pallof Presses. Nothing overly extravagant since it was supposed to be a day for recuperation.

I'm planning to wreak some havoc in the gym tomorrow on the second upper body day of the week. Also, I'm thinking that Friday will see the return of some real squats. I haven't done a standard squat in several weeks and I feel like that is a disservice to myself and the epi.

NUTRITION:
Hopefully today was the last of these freaking excursions for Halloween. Makes tracking the nutrition nearly impossible (well, being strict with it anyhow). From a high level, I was fine. Had a bunch of chili with quality fats and such.

Nutritional Totals - ? Hopefully this will be the last un-logged day. GRRR!!! Sorry guys.

SIDE NOTE: If there is something that you feel I'm missing in the log, please feel free to let me know. I want to document everything not only for my benefit, but moreover to hopefully help the next round of people taking the plunge.

I'll probably throw some pics up over the weekend to show the mid-way point progress (or possibly lack thereof). Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously moving the scale and gaining strength, I just don't know that it's going to translate in the mirror so to speak. Maybe that's just me? We'll see...

loafy777

Awards
I went back through the log and added some sub headings to the sections within each day. The hope is that it makes it easier to sift through to whatever aspect(s) may be important to you.

Thanks for sticking with me so far guys. I'm going to do my damnedest to kick it into ludicrous speed over the last half and eke out every last gain possible.

loafy777

Awards
Day 19

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Urination. Still seems to start around the workout and subside shortly thereafter.

TRAINING:
Weights were up again. I suck at pull-ups, so those were actually pretty good for me. I moved to the 80lb Power Blocks on the presses (up from 70lb last week). SA Row using the 90lb DBs is up again as were the OH tricep extensions.

Overall, I felt pretty damned good with this one.

Wide Grip Pullups - 11, 9, 6, 6
Explosive/Plyometric Push-ups - 4x10 (Did 10 normal push-ups on the last set again. I like my teeth...)
Alternating Dumbbell Flat Bench (non-working arm extended) - 6, 6, 6, 6

Single Arm Flat Bench - 6, 6, 6
Dumbbell Pullover - 3x10
Seated Row - 3x10

Tricep Pushdown (Tabata)
Pushups (Tabata) - These never seem to happen haha. Oh well.

NUTRITION:
Felt like I nailed it nutritionally as well. This might be my new target as I think nearly 3k calories is just too damned much.
Nutritional Totals - 2,810cal, 279g carb, 73g fat, 241g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 20

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Same as yesterday. It's nothing like it was at onset, but still annoying nevertheless.

TRAINING:
Hate. This. Workout.

I used decent (for me) weight on some of the exercises, I just don't like a good portion of these movements. It is due to me, not the movement but it's still discouraging when you are skipping a good percentage of the workout or subbing in other exercises. That said, I skipped the circuit of 30s movements as well but that was the damned pissing frequency acting up.

Barbell RDL - 6, 6, 4, 4
Box/Bench Jumps - 4x10
Weighted Split Squats w/Front Foot Elevated & Rear Foot in TRX - 8, 8, 6, 6 *Last 2 sets, subbed in Trap Bar Deads @ 315
- Skipped. These aggrevate my lower back more than any sort of positive result.
Seated Leg Curl (Tabata) - Crushed these. 10+ reps each set. Hamstrings felt thoroughly worked.
Seated Calf Raises (Tabata) - Skipped

NUTRITION:
Couldn't seem to get enough protein in yesterday. Various situations didn't help and made it hard to log at all, but as I said before, I will be logging it regardless. I was still over the low end of the recommendations I have seen floating around but I would rather have eaten less carbs and more protein.

Nutritional Totals - 2,747cal, 330g carb, 106g fat, 156g pro

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If your struggling to get to your calorie target why not increase your fats man? Really easy to do with peanut butter and olive oil. A tablespoon of peanut butter and a protein shake is a good snack between meals. Also adding a tablespoon of olive oil to a meal is an easy 120 cals...

loafy777

Awards
It's not the overall calories necessarily, it's more the macros that I'm less than pleased with; specifically protein. In my case, my original targets seem to be a bit high so I'm going to be scaling back a bit.

More to your point though, I definitely exploit the peanut butter [or almond butter] and I've been incorporating coconut oil more recently. Definitely some great advice that can be used be everyone. Thanks!

loafy777

Awards
Day 21

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing to report.

TRAINING:
A true rest day. Took the family out and did a fair amount of walking around. Ate some free food (chicken breast & chili) and had a good time.

NUTRITION:
Total calories were pretty much dead nuts on target. Macros, not so much... but I'm good with the split.

Nutritional Totals - 2,244 cal, 84g carb, 123g fat, 185g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 22

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing to report.

TRAINING:
Another rest day. There's been a bunch of sick people at work and home. Caught something a few days back but I did a decent job of fighting it off (I think). Feeling better and hoping that carries over to tomorrow since I'll be back to the gym.

NUTRITION:
Ramping the carbs up a bit [from yesterday]. Protein was higher as well. Over my targets but they seem to be somewhat fluid anyhow. Since I've never taken anything like this before, I didn't really have a great baseline for how much of an effect it would or wouldn't have on my intake needs.

Nutritional Totals - 2,387 cal, 155g carb, 107g fat, 230g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 23

Weight: 180.4 lbs
Up 0.3 lbs week-over-week, and 7.7 lbs since my weigh-in on week 1.
On the 5 of 7 days that I have nutritional data logged for the week, I averaged about 2600 calories. That is less than 100 calories off from the original target intake. Being that I'm still taking in quite a bit of food (for me) on the regular, I'm assuming that the stagnation in scale weight is more of a recomp thing than a lack of progress.

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy.

TRAINING:
Didn't get to sync up with the trainers before getting started today so we reverted back to Stoppani's Shortcut to Size program. We're going to do the first 4 week block and then another 4 week program from the trainers. We gained a good bit of strength the first time around following this one so I'm hopeful to produce similarly positive results.

For those unfamiliar with it, the last set of each exercise is a rest-pause on weeks 1 & 2. Weeks 3 & 4 are drop-sets instead. The reps go down and weight goes up as you progress through the week (linear periodization).

Chest, Triceps, Calves
Bench Press - 4 x 12-15
Incline Bench Press - 3 x 12-15
Incline Dumbbell Flye - 3 x 12-15
Cable Crossover - 3 x 12-15
Triceps Pressdown - 3 x 12-15
Lying Triceps extension - 3 x 12-15 (skipped)
Cable Overhead Triceps extension - 3 x 12-15
Standing Calf Raise - 4 x 25-30 (skipped)
Seated Calf Raise - 4 x 25-30

NUTRITION:
Pretty satisfied with my meals and subsequent totals for the day.

Nutritional Totals - 2,720cal, 290g carb, 90g fat, 196g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 24

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy.

TRAINING:
Day 2 of the Shortcut to Size program, slightly modded. Lots of volume. You might even say it has all kiiiiinds of volume.

Back, Biceps,
Dumbbell Bent-Over Row - 4 x 12-15
Wide-Grip Pulldown - 3 x 12-15
Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 x 12-15
Seated Cable Rows - 3 x 12-15
Barbell Curl - 4 x 12-15
Dumbbell Incline Curl - 3 x 12-15 *Subbed in DB Hammer Curls
One-Arm high Cable Curl - 3 x 12-15 * Skipped due to risk of arm explosion :bigeyes:
Hip Thrust - 3 x 20-30
Crunch - 3 x 20-30
Oblique Crunch - 3 x 20-30
*Didn't have time to hit abs at the gym unfortunately. About to do it now though.

NUTRITION:
Very similar to yesterday which I believe to be a good thing. I haven't normalized at this new intake level yet to really draw any conclusions but I feel satiated and I'm about 300 calories below my prior target (which seems to have resulted in some extra fat).

Nutritional Totals - 2,700cal, 286g carb, 95g fat, 178g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 25

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing to report.

TRAINING:
Rest day, though I did a quick cardio session and some core (glutes, abs & obliques).

NUTRITION:
The election is only just behind us and I'm feeling a lot like a politician thanks to my indecisiveness towards nutrition.

I was talking with one of the trainers and he inspired me to not only stay the course on my intake, but to up the ante based on the gains thus far. Using my most recent weight and tweaking the IF Calc accordingly, that puts me at around 2450 cal / 3275 cal on rest days and workout days respectively.

Nutritional Totals - 2,475 cal, 139g carb, 129g fat, 212g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 26

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy.

TRAINING:
Day 3 of the Shortcut to Size program.

Delts were on fire but they feel fine now so let's assume that it was a good pain. I haven't had quite that much of a pump in them before. Good times...

On the other hand, my grip was failing way before my traps on the shrugs. I flew through my first set with 90lb DBs but was annoyed with them rubbing on my legs as I went through the motions. The trap bar eliminated that problem and let me load up some extra weight (only did 225 on account of my chick hands though).

Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 4 x 12-15
Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 3 x 12-15
Superset with Tricep Pressdowns
One-Arm Cable Front Raise - 3 x 12-15 *Subbed in DB Front Delt Raise
High Cable Rear Delt Fly - 3 x 12-15
Dumbbell Shrug - 4 x 12-15 *Subbed in Trap Bar Shrugs after first set
Seated Calf Raise - 4 x 25-30 * Skipped due to time
Leg Press Calf Raise - 4 x 25-30 * Skipped due to time

NUTRITION:
Felt like I was endlessly eating today to hit the new targets. Hopefully I wasn't overzealous but I suppose that time will tell.

Nutritional Totals - 3,170cal, 354g carb, 116g fat, 213g pro

loafy777

Awards
Day 27

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy.

TRAINING:
Day 4 of the Shortcut to Size program.

Quads have never had as much of a pump as they did today. Good god, man! I was hobbling off of the leg extension machine like an old man. I didn't get a chance to make it around to the RDLs since I had to get to a meeting, but I'm not sure how much I'd have been able to do anyhow.

I kept the squats pretty light @ 225x12. I felt like I had a good bit more left in the tank, but I've done this program before and know the pain of blowing my proverbial load too soon. Decided however to do my single leg squats a bit heavier (load per leg anyhow) and did fewer reps; 135x8.

Quads, Hamstrings, Abs
Squat - 4 x 12-15
One-Leg Leg Press - 3 x 12-15 *Subbed in BB Single Leg Squats due to lack of Leg Press
Leg Extension - 3 x 12-15
Lying Leg Curl - 3 x 12-15
Superset this and the extensions
Romanian Deadlift - 4 x 12-15 Skipped as mentioned above
Hip Thrust - 3 x 20-30*
Crunch - 3 x 20-30*
Plank - 3 x 1 minute​

NUTRITION:
Dayum am I full... I'll update the numbers below when I finish eating. That is, assuming that I can put anything else down.

Nutritional Totals - 2,924cal, 330g carb, 83g fat, 233g pro

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 27

DOSING:

SIDES:
- Nothing noteworthy.

TRAINING:
Day 4 of the Shortcut to Size program.

Quads have never had as much of a pump as they did today. Good god, man! I was hobbling off of the leg extension machine like an old man. I didn't get a chance to make it around to the RDLs since I had to get to a meeting, but I'm not sure how much I'd have been able to do anyhow.

I kept the squats pretty light @ 225x12. I felt like I had a good bit more left in the tank, but I've done this program before and know the pain of blowing my proverbial load too soon. Decided however to do my single leg squats a bit heavier (load per leg anyhow) and did fewer reps; 135x8.

Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Squat - 4 x 12-15
One-Leg Leg Press - 3 x 12-15 *Subbed in BB Single Leg Squats due to lack of Leg Press
Leg Extension - 3 x 12-15
Lying Leg Curl - 3 x 12-15 Superset this and the extensions
Romanian Deadlift - 4 x 12-15 Skipped as mentioned above
Hip Thrust - 3 x 20-30*
Crunch - 3 x 20-30*
Plank - 3 x 1 minute

NUTRITION:
Dayum am I full... I'll update the numbers below when I finish eating. That is, assuming that I can put anything else down.

Nutritional Totals - 2,924cal, 330g carb, 83g fat, 233g pro
Wow so you do squats and Romanian deadlifts on shoulder day?? Lol

loafy777

Awards
The perils of copy/paste are hard at work.

Nice catch man. Thanks.