On cycle routines?

LTFU

Awards
Because of increased recovery while on cycle is it recommended to lift every part twice a week, or still stick with one? Or a two on, one off, two on one off split?

LTFU

Awards
Because a bud of mine increases the amount of times he lifts a body part per week and has visibily gotten a lot bigger, but he's also shooting hgh which is def more potent than the PH ill be taking..

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
it depends on volume, intensity, TUT, etc...

LTFU

Awards
I try my best to keep max TUT. Compound lifts and heavier lifts I keep in the 6-8 range. Then the rest 8-12. Normally do about 4-5 workouts per body part once a week. With about 2 of them either being super sets or drop sets.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
have you looked into any programs or just done your own thing?

DC hits everything twice in 7-8 days... but is low volume, high intensity

HST is about the same volume as a regular split but spread over 3 full body workout.

it really depends how you do it.

I've been doing DC or high intensity (mike mentzer) and haven't stopped improving.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
have you looked into any programs or just done your own thing?

DC hits everything twice in 7-8 days... but is low volume, high intensity

HST is about the same volume as a regular split but spread over 3 full body workout.

it really depends how you do it.

I've been doing DC or high intensity (mike mentzer) and haven't stopped improving.
I loved the DC workouts, and the whole idea of increasing weights every week. But it did not deplete glycogen enough for me. Strength increased, but not much change in body composition. Most people love it though

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I loved the DC workouts, and the whole idea of increasing weights every week. But it did not deplete glycogen enough for me. Strength increased, but not much change in body composition. Most people love it though
you should try slowing down your reps then and increase TUT.

a literal 3-4 second negative made all the difference for me

LTFU

Awards
Yea I've been doing my own thing for quite a while now. I'll deff look into the DC program

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yea I've been doing my own thing for quite a while now. I'll deff look into the DC program
I wouldn't try DC unless you have a few years under your belt.

check the Mike Mentzer book...it's a good read.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 1
Supplements 8
Cycle Logs 3
Cycle Logs 1
Meister Anabolics 3