Test E recomp with a Beastdrol kick start.

adnscmplx

Awards
Hello All-

I'm in week 3 of my cycle and figured I should log it. I'll try to keep it concise and relevant.

Me: 28, 6'3'' former NCAA offensive lineman but much skinnier now. I've done 2 cycles of hdrol which were great, 1 of boladrol which I didn't really respond to. No prior real AAS or injectables.

Starting Weight: 185lbs
Natural Waist: 30 in.

Training: 3x per week, MWF, powerlifting style (fairly new to this). Intensity > Volume

Bench: 200 x 5 (****ty, I know. Had some shoulder problems and just recently started going all the way down to my chest, plus i'm lanky)
Squat: 315 x 5
Deadlift: 425 x 5

Diet: Meticulously tracked, with a scale, not a measuring cup. I'm trying to recomp so lower cals than most on here: 1700 on rest days, 2500 on MW, 3500 on Friday (deadlift day). This is not a change and I have been slowly losing a few pounds prior to starting. I may need to bump this up, we will see.

Cycle:

Beastdrol: 10/20/20/20
Test E: 300 mg per week x 20 weeks (My stuff is 300 mg/mL, 2 vials at 10 mL per vial = 20 weeks)
hCG: 500 IU per week, split into 2 injects. Started day 1 per swales protocol.

PCT: Clomid, daa, erase. May add some more test boosters. I have a-dex on hand.

san731

san731

Awards
Cycle looks good but I'm curios as to why you'd want to run for 20 wks on a first cycle? I'll be starting my first test cycle this summer and thought I was bad for wantin to run it 13 weeks. I personally would prob bump it up to 500-600mg a week also. Best of luck, though!

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
one note, if your're using a new program, you might make gains on that alone w/o need for AAS. I would do the program for at least 4-5 wks before to get your strength up before jumping on AAS to boost it even more. your str will go up w/ powerlifting style workouts like 5x5 or 531, and it takes a lot of eating as well. AFAIK, recomps are better done w/ a bodybuilding style workout or GVT/HIIT routines.

Other than that, beastdrol/SD is not a very good cutter, since it'll make you lethargic as hell w/o a sufficient caloric intake, and even with enough, you'll still be tired all the time. have you taken SD before? it's really just a pure mass gainer.

HCG with only 300mg of test-e / week? why? HCG is debatable at 500mg/wk, and usually starts a few weeks in from what I've read, but no harm in using the HCG I guess.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
do 400mg for 15wks instead of 300 for 20wks. 20wks will be really hard to recover from.

adnscmplx

Awards
I've been meaning to post my results thus far (week 3) but am pressed for time right now, to address the comments made: I chose the lower dose because I didn't want to gain a bunch of weight and running it for longer and lower seems like gains would be more keepable. 20 weeks may be a bit long. I've seen people use low dose for 16 weeks, no hCG, and not have an issue. Stretching it a bit seemed like it will be ok but perhaps I will bump the dose up and use it for shorter. There is a study floating around demonstrating impressive results with 300mg for 20 weeks with no training whatsoever. For the hCG, I am following Swale's protocol (googleable) which many have used without issue. There is some published evidence to support this as well.

I've been doing this routine for a few months so it is not brand new. I disagree that a bodybuilding routine is better for cutting or recomp. Less volume, more intensity, focus on strength has always worked well for me, especially in a deficit. To each his own.

Probably a good call on not using Beast on a cut. More on that later but I have to run...

adnscmplx

Awards
Ok, week 3:

Strength is up. I had good workouts the first and most of the second week. I was able to PR on deadlift last friday, 430 x 5, then another set for 3 after that. 405 felt light after that, which was great. I notice the difference more in the later sets and have added a bit more volume to take advantage. Squatting felt great. I did a few sets off a low box with 295 and was exploding out of the bottom for 9, then 8 reps. So that is good.

I have stuck to my diet completely except for one night during week two when I had a couple extra slices of layne norton cheesecake. Like I said, I perviously had been slowly losing weight on this same diet. but since starting, I blew up. I was 198 yesterday morning, that is up 15 lbs. My muscles are fuller but I am definitely getting some bloat. I can't see my lower abs as well and the overlying fat is much more squishy and protuberant. Muscles (esp shoulders, back, and butt) are bigger too I've held on to water before after eating a giant meal but this is much more pronounced.

It is annoying but not the end of the world. It is f-ing freezing here so I am not about to go outside with my shirt off. I see scattered reports of stuff like this with superdrol but not very many. I guess I am an atypical responder. I am sure that a lot of that weight will come off after I am off SD because it has to be mostly glycogen and water. It is tough to imagine anywhere close to that much fat or lean mass gain with fairly low cals and no diet change. I've limited sodium which may have helped a bit, the scale will be the judge. I tried some OTC diuril "water pill." It was super weak sauce. I took the entire box (way more than recommended) over a 36 hour period without much effect. There are some online pharmacies that sell HCTZ (diuretic) for nothing but by the time it would get to me, I would already be off SD and it probably won't be an issue. It would be interesting to try though. I doubt that I will un-bloat until I stop the SD.

Lethargy can be a bit rough but it has gotten better this week. I do get super hungry sometimes. This combined with the rapid weight gain would make me think twice about using beast for something other than a bulk. Maybe it would work better (for me) if I stuck at 10mg or pulsed. It would be super fun to run while eating like 4k cals though. Maybe one day...

The test should be kicking in soon...

adnscmplx

Awards
gymrat, you are probably right. I don't see a lot of people running 20 wks, esp for 1st cycle. It may be safe but it is playing with fire. I'm thinking i'll bump the dose up to 400 and run for a 15 or 16 weeks.

adnscmplx

Awards
Today- Day 18:

Weight 199 lbs (+14 lbs, 1 lb since Wed)
Waist: 31 in (+1 inch)

Still way up but leveling off. Probably good, stomach still bloated but whatever.

Deadlifted today, crazy strength increases. Last week I PRed with 430 x 5 for my top set. This week I pulled 445 x 5, then x 4. It was nuts. I thought about trying 455 because it would be 4 plates and a 25 on each side and therefore cooler but I don't want to increase too much too fast and get hurt. I wouldn't have guessed I would have been able to do so many reps but that bar just popped right up, it was sweet.

I'm going to go to 400 mg of test per week and run a total of 16 weeks. Sound more reasonable?

At 300mg i've been pinning once per week (1mL). I don't see a problem pinning 1.3 mL once per week. I work in a hospital and we pin more than this into glutes all the time. Some people talk about more even blood levels with twice per week pins but when they give test e for hypogonadism, it is usualy once every two weeks, so I doubt it matters that much.

I'd rather just keep pinning once per week because the stuff I have is a bit painful. I don't want to sound like a pansy, it's totally bearable but it is nice to have one butt cheek that is not soar. I guess if I cut the volume in half and pinned twice per week it probably wouldn't be as bad. Probably doesn't matter either way.

By the way, pinning hCG is like nothing. I have 29 g 1/2 inch slin pins and I can't even feel it when it is hubbed in my stomach.

Today was my big eating day too. 3500 kcal. It was great. God it would be fun to eat >4k regularly while on Beast...

adnscmplx

Awards
Is anyone reading this? For those who have used superdrol or beast, how much weight came off once you finished? How long did it take for it to come off? Since starting my decent 4 pack has gone into a huge squishy gut, atypical I know and I'm hoping it is temporary...

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Your just bloated broham, its all good your bloat will go away during your pct. From the sound of it, your training and diet is good, just keep it up during your pct and u should keep a good amount of your gains.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Is anyone reading this? For those who have used superdrol or beast, how much weight came off once you finished? How long did it take for it to come off? Since starting my decent 4 pack has gone into a huge squishy gut, atypical I know and I'm hoping it is temporary...
SD bro, SD. Welcome to it. it will go away once your off of it. dont worry, its a temp situation

adnscmplx

Awards
Thanks fellas. I just read unreals 30 page test E, SD kickstart cycle log from 2008. He gained 25 lbs with sd then lost 10 lbs on (possibly bunk) test. I would be super happy with that but he was pissed.

I am a former fat boy and am kinda vain so being bloated and barely being able to see my abs is tough to take mentally. I started on a Monday so next Monday will be 4 weeks.

I've been at my parents place since christmas eve but am headed home now. I haven't been counting calories and have been eating bigger over the break. I didn't get too crazy but you know how the holidays and Mom's baking can be. Don't know my weight but I bet it is up, we will see tomorrow. I was 199 on Friday before I left. I'd put the over/under at 206, 210 wouldn't shock me.

Impressive strength gains.

Top sets from the last week:

Squat: 315 x 9. Nice and controlled. Really happy with this. I was able to do 2 quality 315 x 5 sets as well. Really great. Quality sets of 8 at 315 is a milestone, I would love to be able to keep this. Normally I squat with an ambitiously low box but couldn't find one at the gym by my parents. I was low though, pretty legit.

Bench: 225 x 8. Crazy I know, sounds like e-stats. This is not all from the cycle. A lot of my recent bench gains are because I hadn't been benching (shoulder pain) and that 200 x 5 top set I listed was one of the first times I had gone all the way down to my chest. I have been able to get 275 x 8 before without a spotter but I was heavier, fatter, and was only going to 90 degs. If you filmed it, I may have been a bit short of that 90. I don't do that anymore, proper powerlifting form. In short 225 x 8 going all the way down is ****ing fantastic.

Definitely feeling On in the gym. I love deadlifts and get pretty geeked up for heavy sets no matter what. I've been super locked in for squats and bench also though, loving that part. Even after my workout the other day, I felt like I could run through a wall.

I have a little nipple sensitivity, and am pretty horny but not much else in terms of sides. I am hoping my test is legit but nothing conclusive yet. I will have to be patient esp at this low dose...

adnscmplx

Awards
Weight this AM: 213 lbs (+23 lbs since starting, +14 lbs over the last week)
Waist: 33in (+3 in since starting, + 2 in the last week)

Holy ****. That is a lot of weight. My diet has been looser over the last week. Lots of oatmeal and scattered other treats. What can I say it is the holidays. There is no way I ate enough excess cals to gain that much in a week, SD is a hell of a drug. Even on all out bulks, I can't gain weight anywhere close to that fast. You can't gain 14 lbs in a week natty, no f-ing way.

I weigh myself on lifting days which follow lower carb rest days to minimize water weight. I had a big bowl of oatmeal last night (probably shouldn't have). Total cals yesterday were around 2600 (nl rest day = 1700). Probably some extra water this am as a result. I am back in my apartment now and will tighten up my diet back to what it is supposed to be.

I am stopping beast a bit early. Yesterday was my last day. Monday would mark 4 weeks. If I keep running it, I would probably be +30 lbs and my ass wouldn't fit into my jeans. I ran 24 days, gained 23 lbs. It is super strong but I doubt I will ever run 20 straight again, too much bloat for me. I've been laughing about people saying it is bunk. It is definitely not bunk. People troubleshoot them by asking about diet and training. Who cares, it is so strong that I doubt any of that really matters. Those people probably arn't even swallowing the pills, try coating them in peanut butter. That is what I do with my dog.

Ok on to the Test. I'm at 400 mg/week (3 weeks at 300, 1 week at 400). I've been a bit hornier, had some nipple sensitivity, and have had some nasty night sweats. All of this could be from Beast, I don't know for sure. We will see. Like I said I will be patient.

I'm gonna go drop some E/C and go for a walk so I don't feel like such a fat ass. Later I will deadlift, it should be a good time.

bolo status

bolo status

Awards
If ur running gear. Id run 500 mg a week. Dont use pct during only if ur experiencing gyno. It could hinder gains. Run for 12 weeks. 20 will b too hard on ur body. Hope the best for you. Are u tryna cut or get big? Need more calories. Carbs n the morning. Complex only at night w high protien after post. Nice gains on the weight tho.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Weight this AM: 213 lbs (+23 lbs since starting, +14 lbs over the last week)
Waist: 33in (+3 in since starting, + 2 in the last week)

Holy ****. That is a lot of weight. My diet has been looser over the last week. Lots of oatmeal and scattered other treats. What can I say it is the holidays. There is no way I ate enough excess cals to gain that much in a week, SD is a hell of a drug. Even on all out bulks, I can't gain weight anywhere close to that fast. You can't gain 14 lbs in a week natty, no f-ing way.

I weigh myself on lifting days which follow lower carb rest days to minimize water weight. I had a big bowl of oatmeal last night (probably shouldn't have). Total cals yesterday were around 2600 (nl rest day = 1700). Probably some extra water this am as a result. I am back in my apartment now and will tighten up my diet back to what it is supposed to be.

I am stopping beast a bit early. Yesterday was my last day. Monday would mark 4 weeks. If I keep running it, I would probably be +30 lbs and my ass wouldn't fit into my jeans. I ran 24 days, gained 23 lbs. It is super strong but I doubt I will ever run 20 straight again, too much bloat for me. I've been laughing about people saying it is bunk. It is definitely not bunk. People troubleshoot them by asking about diet and training. Who cares, it is so strong that I doubt any of that really matters. Those people probably arn't even swallowing the pills, try coating them in peanut butter. That is what I do with my dog.

Ok on to the Test. I'm at 400 mg/week (3 weeks at 300, 1 week at 400). I've been a bit hornier, had some nipple sensitivity, and have had some nasty night sweats. All of this could be from Beast, I don't know for sure. We will see. Like I said I will be patient.

I'm gonna go drop some E/C and go for a walk so I don't feel like such a fat ass. Later I will deadlift, it should be a good time.
You've blown up this is good sh*t. Bump your calories up though, and stick to complex carbs.

adnscmplx

Awards
You've blown up this is good sh*t. Bump your calories up though, and stick to complex carbs.
I'm trying to recomp. Plus I'm super bloated and fat looking. I don't know how much is actual fat, probably not that much but time will tell. Gotta get some of this bloat off.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I'm sure you'll straighten everything out, its tough staying on point during the holidays.

adnscmplx

Awards
Yea dude. I didn't count and ate more than I had been but I haven't been eating that much and I didn't go crazy or anything.

I wanna see some of this water weight come off, then we will see if I need to up the cals. Hopefully I can keep some of the strength gains.

I'm a little worried about my test being bunk. Not for any reason, just worrying. I wish there was an easy way to take it to a lab and have them tell you what is in it....

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Well if your libido is up, then i'd say your test isn't bunk. SD will totally tank your libido, but the test will help with that. I think its just the combination of the test e and SD causing the water retention. Eating dirty will cause u to bloat more, but when u tighten it back up some of that water will go away.

adnscmplx

Awards
Ok, to recap, My weight was up to 213 when I got home from break (last friday). I wasn't trying to gain much weight on this cycle and was looking super fat and bloated so I cut the Beast 4 days short of 4 weeks.

Deadlift workout last friday. 2 straight weeks of PRs 230 x 5, 245 x 5. I was feeling big and strong but didn't want to push it too much. I put 455 on the bar, a weight I have never attempted. I pulled it 6 times without much difficulty. Normally I shoot for 5 reps on my top set and I did 6. After the 6th rep, I just dropped the bar. I probably had a 7th rep in me, maybe more but I didn't want to get crazy. My later sets were similarly incredible. The mass and strength gains thus far have been insane. One of the powerfliter guys at my gym asked me what I pulled, I said 455 but left out the "for 6 reps" so it didn't sound fishy...

Since stopping beast the weight has been falling off. My weight over the past few days has been:

213 -->211-->208-->204 today.

My waist has gone from 33 to 32 inches. I am looking more defined and leaner as well.

It feels like the test is kicking in. Libido is way up. I'm not humping walls or anything but I did catch myself staring at a nasty fat girl in yoga pants at the gym the other day for much longer than I should have. I've been feeling real warm and had a bit of insomnia last night with fairly intense night sweats for the past week. Per the various forums out there some people experience these last two with test...

Gonna lift today. I am ok weighing around 195-200 and hopefully my weight will level off somewhere in that range. My stomach is still bloated at 204 but some of that may be from test. I shouldn't lose all of the weight, if it keeps dropping so fast I will up the cals. I may eat big today we will see how I feel later.

adnscmplx

Awards
Quick update. Weight has been 207 for the past two days. I haven't been increasing the weights so far this week. Kinda wanna see where I'm at given that I have lost 6 lbs and stopped Beast. Bench and Squat were equal to the last week of beast. Deads were way up but that was the day after I stopped. I'm not gonna go crazy on deads this week because my back was a bit soar after PRing my brains out last week. Some nice weighted chin-ups today. About where I was pre-cycle additional weight wise but I am about 22lbs heaver now so there has been a large strength increase. I'm looking leaner, less bloated, more muscular, all good things.

Once my weight stabilizes (probably not at 207 but who knows) I will reassess. I still can't say for sure that my test is not bunk but I am thinking it is legit. Libido is still pretty high, DOMS is much less than when natty, pumps are good and if I ran Beast for 3.5ish weeks with no PCT, the weight and strength would probably fall off really fast and I would feel like crap, right?

Right now I'm thinking some of the bloat was just from test. I may increase my calories but I don't have enough data to make an informed decision yet.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah sounds like your test was legit bro, not to mention the beast would've tanked your libido already if your test was bunk.

adnscmplx

Awards
Weight has been 207-209 for the past few days.

Deads today: Was going for sets of 8 (instead of 5) to be a bit safer. I pulled 445 x 10. Wasn't very hard. Crazy. 2 weeks ago I PRed at 445 x 5. I tried a 6th then and couldn't get it. Crazy crazy crazy strength gains.

I went home and ate a bunch (3500 kcal on deadlift days). I was super full, it was awesome.

Libido still up. Test not bunk (hooray). Pretty sure you can't have a high libido, lose almost no weight, and have explosive strength gains after stopping Beast with no PCT.

Taken together this means that I react strongly to low doses of test. It also means that I get bloated at low doses. I am a bit less bloated but still pretty f-ing bloated. I have a-dex but I will probably just roll with it. If I'm going to be smashing heavy weights, the extra fluid probably will protect my joints a bit.

I bet some of the bloat will come off on its own in time. I've read people commonly lose 10-15 lbs of water after coming off test. Do you guys think this is true?

I'm thinking about pinning my quads just to try it out. Might be easier than twisting around and getting my glutes.

I'm going to go pass out, didn't sleep much this week.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
No you shouldn't have 10-15lbs of water weight from test e. Sounds like your cycle is going great, extra props for hcg on cycle bro. So many people fail to see how benificial it is.

I would stick to 16week max, and keep at a minimum if 500mg a week. With the hcg and a proper pct 16 weeks is ok in my book.

Keep up the hard work!!!

adnscmplx

Awards
I'm going to do 450mg, that's 1.5mL of my stuff (300 mg/mL) for a total of 16 weeks.

Also, I'm bumping my cals on rest days to 2000. It is too hard to stick to 1700 while on. I tend to mess up on my diet and binge when I am feeling deprived all week.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
I'm going to do 450mg, that's 1.5mL of my stuff (300 mg/mL) for a total of 16 weeks.

Also, I'm bumping my cals on rest days to 2000. It is too hard to stick to 1700 while on. I tend to mess up on my diet and binge when I am feeling deprived all week.
god i hear that, i think 1700 is still too low for you when you weigh 205. i think you will stall very quick at 1700 or just end up cheating all the time. you should really be up around 2300 clean diet, then cut like 150cal each week for 4-6 weeks. you need to be patient, whats your bodyfat? i would look back but im not retyping this lol

adnscmplx

Awards
I'd say my bf is around 12%. I've been fine on rest days with 1700 and 1900 for long periods of time before but it is tough right now. That is probably because of the juice or just maybe where my head is at.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
well you know your body best bro, stay motivated, your just getting started. lift big and get strong

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I'd say my bf is around 12%. I've been fine on rest days with 1700 and 1900 for long periods of time before but it is tough right now. That is probably because of the juice or just maybe where my head is at.
Running gear will definitely have u hungier than normal, it wouldn't hurt to bump your calories up some bro.

adnscmplx

Awards
Kinda bored at work right now.

Does anyone have any thoughts pro/con on bumping to 600 mg per week?

I'm at 450 right now bumped from 300. Been at this dose for 2 weeks. If I were to start at 600 next week, that would be week 7 (of 16). I could taper down at the end...

Sides wise, I bloated a bit but that was probably mostly from SD and the water is coming off. Otherwise I'm good.

I still don't want to gain a ton of weight but a higher dose would probably lead to more muscle gain and more fat loss. I have enough test and could always bump back down so why not?

Is that stupid? Should I just be patient, this being my first cycle and all?

Again, my stuff is 300 mg/mL so I could to 2 1mL shots per week to get 600.

adnscmplx

Awards
If I did, do you think it would be smart to taper down at the end?

Most don't I guess.

If I did 10 weeks at 600 plus the 6 weeks of ramping up, not too long?

Keep in mind that I have been running hcg the whole time. No testicular atrophy thus far.

adnscmplx

Awards
Ahhh. I probably shouldn't. 450 x 16 weeks seems fine for a first cycle. I don't want to push it.

Speak up if you disagree though...

adnscmplx

Awards
So I posted another thread on the main anabolics page and after getting some responses, I decided to bump it to 600.

I pinned the extra 150 into my quad on Thursday. 1st quad inject, real easy. With all the lower body work (powerlifting style, so lots of squats and deadlifts). My quads have blown up so I really couldn't miss. It is nice to have it right in front of you, not all turned to the side looking in the mirror like glutes. I have 1.5 inch 23 gauges so I didn't go in all the way. No problems, it was smooth.

Strength continues to go up on all the big lifts. Weight was 203 on Friday which is down a bit but bloat is coming down. Everything is looking good. I allowed myself some extra cals last night after heavy deadlifts and a big day at work.

I don't feel like a crazy beast like I thought i would. That is probably fueled by the media and the public perception of steroids. The emotional/mood changes are more subtle. I feel good and confident and my libido is for sure up but I haven't started humping telephone poles or fat girls yet.

I'm gonna chill out this weekend and watch NFL playoffs and hit the gym for some squats on Monday.

PS- I don't know how many people are following this but I never found the specifics of how much someone lifted during their workout all that useful. Especially for some isolation exercise like reverse grip curls. Who gives a **** how much you reverse grip curl? You can't track strength with that nonsense, do some squats!

If anyone wants to know this stuff, let me know. Otherwise I will just keep being descriptive.

I'm coming up on a 500lb top set deadlift, shooting for 3-5 reps. That should happen late this month/ early Feb

adnscmplx

Awards
Weight 205, Waist 31.5. Pretty good. Strength up, higher then when 10 lbs heavier on SD 3 weeks ago, no doubt.

Still feeling real hungry on these cals.

I'm going to blow it up. I used IF calculator and calculated a -20/+20 recomp. It spit back 3300 workout days, 2200 rest days.

That is higher that I am used to but I'm going to do it and see what happens. My hope is that I will be able to stick to a plan.

I don't have a problem with cheat meals (though they are not in my current plan) but I always feel like a fat undisciplined POS when I spontaneously cheat.

Anyone have any tricks or things they think about when they feel like cheating? Do you think about abs? Sex with girls? Some football type coach yelling at you?

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I think about my abs and eat sugarfree jello. Btw I think those calories will b perfect for u bro.

adnscmplx

Awards
I think about my abs and eat sugarfree jello. Btw I think those calories will b perfect for u bro.
Thanks dude. I should pick up some SF Jello.

I am a former chubby dude (o-lineman) so I'm always thinking eat less. I've never done a planned recomp or bulk since I've been counting calories so it seems strange. I'm optimistic though. I think it will go well. Also If I don't cheat, it is at least isocaloric to what I was doing before, maybe less, depending on the cheat.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Thanks dude. I should pick up some SF Jello.

I am a former chubby dude (o-lineman) so I'm always thinking eat less. I've never done a planned recomp or bulk since I've been counting calories so it seems strange. I'm optimistic though. I think it will go well. Also If I don't cheat, it is at least isocaloric to what I was doing before, maybe less, depending on the cheat.
Yeah I think you'll b good bro. How come u don't want to have any cheat meals?

adnscmplx

Awards
I just want to be able to stick to a plan.

I have nothing against cheat meals but I would like to at least plan them. When I just spontaneously cheat, I feel undisciplined and guilty.

Also I want to know how many calories are going in so I can judge how that affects weight, strength body comp, etc. If you just go off and eat a bunch, then you lose that and you can't judge how you are responding to a certain amount of cals.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Oh yeah I totally understand. I measure all my food and count calories and when I plan cheat meals I count those calories too. I completely understand how u have to see how your body is responding to calories.

adnscmplx

Awards
An update.

It's been over a week with the new 3300/2200 true recomp calories and it has been great. I feel better, no cheating, plenty of food. I could always eat more but I can maintain my discipline with this. I should have done this a long time ago.

My weight is holding steady at 205 (+20 lbs) and my waist is about 31.5-32 (+1.5-2 inches). I am starting to look leaner too. Strength continues to go up in all of the big lifts. It has been great.

I think I have been over measuring my test by up to 60 mg per shot. Not a huge deal but I will correct this so I don't run out. I bought a bunch pre cycle, but the original plan was to run 300 mg per week not 600. Oh well. If I start to run out I will either cut it a bit short of 16 weeks or will just re-up. I'm sure i'll use any excess eventually.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job so far bud. Cal's look great and you've made some great progress. Keep up the great work!

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
An update.

It's been over a week with the new 3300/2200 true recomp calories and it has been great. I feel better, no cheating, plenty of food. I could always eat more but I can maintain my discipline with this. I should have done this a long time ago.

My weight is holding steady at 205 (+20 lbs) and my waist is about 31.5-32 (+1.5-2 inches). I am starting to look leaner too. Strength continues to go up in all of the big lifts. It has been great.

I think I have been over measuring my test by up to 60 mg per shot. Not a huge deal but I will correct this so I don't run out. I bought a bunch pre cycle, but the original plan was to run 300 mg per week not 600. Oh well. If I start to run out I will either cut it a bit short of 16 weeks or will just re-up. I'm sure i'll use any excess eventually.
I knew those calories would b good for u bro. Good to hear sh*t is getting even better, keep tearing it up.

adnscmplx

Awards
Alright bros, I hit a big milestone today. Deadlift 500 x 3. My normal progression would have taken me to 495 but I figured why not throw those little 2.5s on there and hit a round number. A 500lb deadlift has been the goal for 6 months or so, since i really started seriously concentrating on strength so I am pretty happy. I'll probably tear up some cereal when I get some free time to celebrate.

I won't lie though. The bar got out in front of me on the third rep and I tweaked my lower back muscles a bit. Not a huge deal but I do need to focus on pushing my hips through and keeping the bar in close. I was pretty amped up and kinda nervous for the lift, that may have threw me off my game. I'm off for the weekend and will asses how I feel on Monday. May switch it up and de-load/ do some assistance next week.

Happy Super Bowl weekend everybody.

being 1

Awards
Im half way through my first cycle of jus test alone.. I'm plannin my next Cycle I was thinking some sort of test again with equapoise this time. And ya reason nolvadex is a good pct for the test?

adnscmplx

Awards
Hey guys-

It's been a while since I updated this but there hasn't been much to report. I'm now at the start of week 13 and strength continues to shoot up. Bench is now decent, squat is good, and deadlift is pretty fing awesome for a non-pro. I've been able to stick to my diet despite reading about all the wonders of cheat meals/cheat days. Next time I go for fat loss i'm definitely gonna schedule in some cheating but I digress.

Weight this AM was up to 211. My waist is still right around 32. My weight fluctuates but over the past few weeks I've been gaining around 1-2 lbs per week. There are lots of strength gains to go with this but I don't feel like I have leaned out much.

Weight gain may stop with my current calories (it will stop eventually) but if it continues and I keep these cals through PCT I don't really want to keep gaining weight. This started out as a recomp and I have gained 25lbs. Good weight but still.

I am torn. Should I drop my cals a bit or should I just let it ride and get the gains while on cycle? I may let it ride for another week and reassess. Maybe I'll fast for a day or something to balance it out a bit.

adnscmplx

Awards
I think I will. I may play around a bit with the daily cals but no big change overall. I'm going to get real busy at work next week so the change would be to fit my schedule.

At the risk of TMI, I dropped a huge bomb earlier. That may be where some of the excess weight was hiding...

adnscmplx

Awards
No one else has any thoughts? I'm still thinking about tapering down a bit and holding those cals through PCT. Perhaps 2000/3000 with a cheat meal and a low cal day after (works better for my upcoming schedule).