Can This Old Guy Get Shredded? Cutting w/ H-Drol & MMV2 Can Be Fun!

carib102

carib102

Awards
Hello everyone and thanks for joining me here for my first ever AM log. Hopefully we can all have fun and learn something new!

I’d appreciate any and all feedback to my proposed cycle. Will be starting this Friday 1/23 so I’m primed and ready to go!

***Thanks to the ThunderGod for the outline format***:hammer: :head: :hail:

GOALS:
Cutting and maintain/increase strength throughout the cut. Currently at ~14% BF (based on what the mirror tells me) and looking to drop that as low as possible before an upcoming trip (April 3rd) to the beautiful beaches of Thailand. Upper abs are now peeking through and I want to see all those abs!

BACKGROUND: I’ll be 42 years old next week and have had an off and on relationship with the iron for the past 20 years. Most recently I am coming off a 2 ½ year hiatus and got back to the gym in September after getting up to 204 lbs with something over 20% BF. Needless to say it’s been nice to see the fat coming off and the muscle returning and I am hungry for more!

CYCLE HISTORY: I’ve used several designers in the past including the original 1-AD, HD-50, SD, Prostan and several others. I’ve also used both Albuterol and T-3 in the past when cutting and will be revisiting the T-3 this time around, albeit in low doses. I haven’t taken any PH’s for almost 3 years so my receptors are fresh and ready to go!

TRAINING PLAN: I’m currently lifting 4 days a week, but on a 3 day split. This means that I hit each body part every 5 days. I alternate between heavy weights (6-8 reps) and moderate weights (8-10 reps) and keep the pace fairly fast with 90 seconds between sets for heavy days and 45 seconds rest for moderate days. There’s a good chance I’ll change things up again a few weeks into the cycle, but that remains to be seen. Cardio is performed 5-6 times a week. Treadmill at 3.5 mph on a 10% incline for 30-45 minutes per session. If necessary I am willing to throw a couple HIIT sessions in there, but as long as fat loss continues I’ll stick with the current cardio.

DIET: 6 to 7 smaller meals per day. High protein and low carb with moderate to high healthy fats to help maintain strength and test production.

CYCLE & PCT PROTOCOL:
This is a 6 week oral only cycle

Daily throughout: Multi-vitamin / 10g Fish oil / EVOO / Xtend pre-during workout / ON Protein / Vitamin C 4g

Daily during cycle: Celery Seed Extract 600mg (BP support) / Hawthorne Berry 1000mg (BP support)

Week 1: 50mg H-Drol / MMV2 x3 / 4mg M-TRN (3 days then boost to 6mg) / 12.5mcg T-3
Week 2: 50mg H-Drol / MMV2 x3 / 6mg M-TRN (1st 2 days) / 25mcg T-3
Week 3: 50mg H-Drol / MMV2 x4 / 25mcg T-3 / DCP x6
Week 4: 75mg H-Drol / MMV2 x4 / 25mcg T-3 / DCP x6
Week 5: 75mg H-Drol / MMV2 x5 / 12.5mcg T-3 / DCP x6 / Recreate
Week 6: 75mg H-Drol / MMV2 x5 / DCP x6 / Recreate

PCT

Daily during PCT: Milk Thistle 1000mg (liver recovery)
Week 7: 40mg Nolva (1st 3 days then drop to 20mg) / Stoked / DCP x6 / Recreate
Week 8: 20mg Nolva / Stoked / DCP x6 / Recreate
Week 9: 10mg Nolva /Stoked / DCP x6 / Recreate / Lean Xtreme x3 / Activate
Week 10: 10mg Nolva / Stoked / DCP x6 / Recreate / Lean Xtreme x3 / Activate
Week 11: Off to Thailand. :eek:uttahere:
Will continue with Lean Xtreme and Activate for 2 weeks.

As I said at the beginning I’m looking forward to any and all comments. Don’t be shy, let me know what you think and what you might do differently in this cycle to maximize fat loss and strength. I’ve been a member of AM for a long time and I know there are some great minds on here with more knowledge than a university library. Let the fun begin :dance:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
good luck dude..been wondering how these two would work together

carib102

carib102

Awards
Glad to have you along for the ride bro. I expect that I should get some great strength increases, more focus and aggression with the weights, a nice drying out and hardening effect and increased vascularity. Not much in the way of lbm gains, but that's not what I'm looking for from this cycle anyway. I'm really excited to see where this takes me!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed brutha! Thanks for the shout-out.
So this is your first time using the MMV2 and M-TRN? You'll love both of 'em!!!
Why only 2 weeks of the M-TRN though? Just curious. I'd run that shit the whole way through. I'd take all those MMV2 doses pre-workout only. That's where that stuff really shines!!
Your plan looks sound as a pound to me dude.
Congrats on the fatloss you have already made.
I'm sure you're gonna lose even more with this plan!!
Give it Hel brutha!!! :head:

carib102

carib102

Awards
Well alright! I have the blessings of the god of thunder and he'll be watching over me as I shred this **** up :smite:

Yeah, this will be my first time with the MMV2 and I can't wait to give those little red rage pills a try. They've been calling to me for a month already and I've been holding myself back, but soon they're mine :aargh4:

As for the M-TRN I have used it before and love the strength gains. That's why I'm only running it the first week here...it's what I have left from the last run and thought I'd throw it in there at the start to get some immediate strength while I'm waiting for the H-Drol to kick in.

I'm gonna shred that fat just like this :gore:

Keep the strength growing and use that to jump into a bulk when I get back from Thailand. Shootin' for 200 lbs and <10%BF by the end of the summer mayne!

carib102

carib102

Awards
T minus 36 hours and this shizz is ON! :yup: :aargh4: :head:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good with the hdrol &mmv2, I have no exp w/trn though so comments. As TG said: use MMV2 pre. I am not dosing it that way but I am not stacking with anything elso so I dose 1-2-1.

Gauge your fatloss and adjust your carbs as necessary. With this stack you will get some gains but need to eat. As I get closer to my goal/deadline I am working my carbs in pre/post workout, then only green veggies at night.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Looks good with the hdrol &mmv2, I have no exp w/trn though so comments. As TG said: use MMV2 pre. I am not dosing it that way but I am not stacking with anything elso so I dose 1-2-1.

Gauge your fatloss and adjust your carbs as necessary. With this stack you will get some gains but need to eat. As I get closer to my goal/deadline I am working my carbs in pre/post workout, then only green veggies at night.
I'm already at the point where the majority of my carbs are post workout. I recently dropped the pre-workout carbs and am now doing fasted training. I workout in the morning so I'm getting something like 75g carbs post workout another 50g 3 hours later and that's about it for the carbs. Whenever I get to the point that my energy levels have dropped significantly (usually 5 days or so - give or take a day) I do a carb up day where I eat carbs pretty much throughout the day, going as high as 400g.

This has worked so far and I've dropped from 204 to 187 in 10 weeks. The only change I can see needing is more frequent carb up days and this is based on my past experience with the original HD-50. It doesn't seem to require carbs like SD does, but it did seem to require some additional carbs.

I'm not too worried about gains here, I just want to get as shredded as possible and maintain what I have. Gains will be for my bulk after returning from Thailand. Then I'll be aiming to hit 200lbs with 10-ish% BF by the end of 2009. :fing02:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
That cycle layout looks sweet. I am currently in a lean bulking cycle with P-Plex and Xtreme Tren, but I have really thought about an H-Drol/MMV2 for a summer cut. I have also read great things about T3 for weight loss and I will be following intently for your progress. I wish you the best of luck!

carib102

carib102

Awards
That cycle layout looks sweet. I am currently in a lean bulking cycle with P-Plex and Xtreme Tren, but I have really thought about an H-Drol/MMV2 for a summer cut. I have also read great things about T3 for weight loss and I will be following intently for your progress. I wish you the best of luck!
Welcome in Silver, glad to have you here! :wavey:

I'm actually subbed to your log and have been following along, you're making me think about some of that Xtreme Tren when I'm ready to bulk.

You've made great changes already and with this cycle I think you're even closer to your goals so keep up the hard work and good luck yourself brutha! You'll have those abs before you know it.

I'm ready to get this started up, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve here, just waiting for my presents tomorrow :fest06:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Welcome in Silver, glad to have you here! :wavey:

I'm actually subbed to your log and have been following along, you're making me think about some of that Xtreme Tren when I'm ready to bulk.

You've made great changes already and with this cycle I think you're even closer to your goals so keep up the hard work and good luck yourself brutha! You'll have those abs before you know it.

I'm ready to get this started up, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve here, just waiting for my presents tomorrow :fest06:
It is definately an addiction. Rather than being addicted to cheese fries and nachos I am popping prohormones and designer steroids. :) Just kidding about that part as I research the hell out of what I decide to run and make sure I have the correct amount of time in PCT and in between cycles. You going to throw up some before and afters? I have heard MMV2 and H-Drol is great for a recomp. Make sure you take enough support supplements to keep your joints lubed up as that will be one dry cycle.

carib102

carib102

Awards
It is definately an addiction. Rather than being addicted to cheese fries and nachos I am popping prohormones and designer steroids. :) Just kidding about that part as I research the hell out of what I decide to run and make sure I have the correct amount of time in PCT and in between cycles. You going to throw up some before and afters? I have heard MMV2 and H-Drol is great for a recomp. Make sure you take enough support supplements to keep your joints lubed up as that will be one dry cycle.
I'm normally pretty shy, but I have been seriously considering throwing up the before and after pics. If nothing else it should make me push that much harder to see a significant difference by the end of the 10 weeks.

I'm taking 10g of fish oil a day + the EVOO I use to cook and throw in my shakes, maybe 3-4 TBS daily. I didn't have too much trouble with my joints when I ran HD-50 (the original) stacked with Prostan, but if things dry out too much some cissus is definitely in the cards. Is there anything else I should be taking for dry joints?

Funny that you call it an addiction. My wife and I just had that very conversation regarding weight training the other day. She's always been hesitant to lift and I finally got her into the gym 4 months ago when I started up again. Now she loves it and never misses a workout. She called it an addiction too, and I agree, but it's a much healthier addiction than many others I've had in the past.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I waited about 3 yrs before I put up pics and put together my first log. It takes time to feel that comfortable. I am still not huge my now I have motivation and good criticism to help in my pursuit.

Remember, most guys here are reg guys trying to improve their physique . . . few are truly big and cut.

I may do the fasted wt training for my final week of my cut followed by post wo carbs w/Neovar and/or pslin to help force feed the muscles and not store the carbs.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good luck TG was who turned me on to MMV2 and i have to say it was worth the hype anxious to see how it stacks with hdrol and m-trn as i have bottles of both laying around although been saving my m-trn since i can't get anymore

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 1 Update

Day 1

4mg of M-TRN (2mg at 8:30AM and 2mg at 20:30 this evening)
50mg of H-Drol (25mg at 8:30AM and 25mg at 21:30 this evening)
3 caps of MMV2 (2 caps at 8:30AM pre-workout and 1 cap at 20:00 this evening)
12.5mcg T-3 taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA’s pre-workout and ON protein

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
185.5lbs
I didn’t get a chance to do measurements this morning so I will get them tonight and edit this section. Will also post BF% IF I can find digital calipers at home. Otherwise I did take before pics this morning so once I get the chance to post you can all make your own determination regarding my BF%.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Normal
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
4) HAIR LOSS – No shedding
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
6) TESTICULAR ATROPHY – None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is good and upbeat. I was very focused in the gym today and the rest of the day has been sailing along great. Have also noticed increased warmness today, probably from the T-3.

DIET:

I will have to convince my wife that bacon is NOT diet food though as she added some to the omelet this morning. :rant2: Must be nice not to have to worry too much about getting fat, even though she complains about being too fat all the time anyway. In truth her BF% is probably lower than mine. :261:

The Workout
Today was legs and shoulders – heavy. Sets of 6-8 reps mostly and 90 seconds rest between sets. Legs is a love/hate relationship for me, but I typically enjoy shoulders. As you can see I don’t do a lot of sets. This is because I’ll be hitting each body part every 5 days and I know from experience that I over train pretty easily on high volume. Typically I try to keep my weight sessions between 45-60 minutes which also keeps the total volume fairly low on a daily basis.
Squats: 10/135, 8/185, 8/225, 2/275, 8/225 The 275 isn’t a PR, but it’s the heaviest I’ve lifted in 3 years. The 225 just felt so light that I hadda try.
Leg Press: 10/270, 8/360, 8/450, 8/540 (PR) Felt like this after :1244:
Lying Leg Curl: 8/95, 8/110, 8/125, 6/125
Seated DB Press: 8/45, 8/60, 5/75 (PR), 4/75 *New PR here with the 75’s. The 60’s felt so light I knew I was gonna be able to hoist those 75’s :aargh4: :woohoo:
Lateral DB raise: 8/35, 5/35, 8/30
Rear machine fly: 8/100, 7/130

OTHER THOUGHTS:

As a first day for this cycle I have to say that I’m pretty excited. My weight was down from last week by 2.5 lbs even though my eating wasn’t that clean. The PR on the seated DB press was awesome and if it is foreshadowing what’s to come over the next couple months then all I have to say is watch the f*** out! Hide the women and children ‘cause it’s gonna get nasty!

carib102

carib102

Awards
I waited about 3 yrs before I put up pics and put together my first log. It takes time to feel that comfortable. I am still not huge my now I have motivation and good criticism to help in my pursuit.

Remember, most guys here are reg guys trying to improve their physique . . . few are truly big and cut.

I may do the fasted wt training for my final week of my cut followed by post wo carbs w/Neovar and/or pslin to help force feed the muscles and not store the carbs.
I haven't tried it, but seems that the pslin is getting some really good reviews and some very happy users. If it's as goos as it appears then it would be a nice addition anytime.

carib102

carib102

Awards
good luck TG was who turned me on to MMV2 and i have to say it was worth the hype anxious to see how it stacks with hdrol and m-trn as i have bottles of both laying around although been saving my m-trn since i can't get anymore
Thanks mixedup, hopefully I do a good enough job logging this so you can get an idea how these compounds will work together. Ironically it's TG who also turned me onto MMV2. Initially I was just gonna run the H-Drol, but he had such a great experience with it I was compelled to throw it in the mix too.

Wait...I was compelled...TG are you using your godlike powers on us mere mortals?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Have you used T3 before? I have read a little on T3, but not enough to try it yet. Do you recommend it only while on cycle as I have read? It is taken orally right?

carib102

carib102

Awards
It is taken orally yes and yes I have used it before with pretty darn good results. It does require some care though IMO. While I am in the camp that believes the thyroid is very resilient and bounces back quite easily it's not an organ you want to have permanently messed up.

You'll notice that this time around I am running low dose T-3. With diet and cardio in check I don't think I'll need that much of a boost and anything up to 25mcg a day shouldn't cause shutdown as it keeps you within the high range of normal circulating thyroid hormones.

In the past I went as high as 100mcg a day and I can tell you that both the lethargy and the increased hunger were a bitch! I had to take constant naps and would get hungry like 1 hour after eating.

Hopefully the lowered dosage will allow me to reap the benefits of the T-3 without suffering needless hunger and lethargy.

To be on the safe side I don't know if I would consider using T-3 when not "on", although at these low doses (12.5mcg ED) you could probably get away without any muscle loss if you weren't taking any AAS or PH. The only way to know for sure is to try it out and track your BF% to see how much LBM you lose. :scratchchin:

And thanks for the log template. I'm not big on re-inventing the wheel and it is a perfect format.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

4mg of M-TRN (2mg at 8:30AM and 2mg at 20:30 this evening)
50mg of H-Drol (25mg at 8:30AM and 25mg at 21:30 this evening)
3 caps of MMV2 (2 caps at 8:30AM pre-workout and 1 cap at 20:00 this evening)

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA’s pre-workout and ON protein

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
185.5lbs
I didn’t get a chance to do measurements this morning so I will get them tonight and edit this section. Will also post BF% IF I can find digital calipers at home. Otherwise I did take before pics this morning so once I get the chance to post you can all make your own determination regarding my BF%.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Normal
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is good and upbeat. I was very focused in the gym today and the rest of the day has been sailing along great. Have also noticed increased warmness today, probably from the T-3.

DIET:

I will have to convince my wife that bacon is NOT diet food though as she added some to the omelet this morning. :rant2: Must be nice not to have to worry too much about getting fat, even though she complains about being too fat all the time anyway. In truth her BF% is probably lower than mine. :261:

The Workout
Today was legs and shoulders – heavy. Sets of 6-8 reps mostly and 90 seconds rest between sets. Legs is a love/hate relationship for me, but I typically enjoy shoulders. As you can see I don’t do a lot of sets. This is because I’ll be hitting each body part every 5 days and I know from experience that I over train pretty easily on high volume. Typically I try to keep my weight sessions between 45-60 minutes which also keeps the total volume fairly low on a daily basis.
Squats: 10/135, 8/185, 8/225, 2/275, 8/225 The 275 isn’t a PR, but it’s the heaviest I’ve lifted in 3 years. The 225 just felt so light that I hadda try.
Leg Press: 10/270, 8/360, 8/450, 8/540 (PR) Felt like this after :1244:
Lying Leg Curl: 8/95, 8/110, 8/125, 6/125
Seated DB Press: 8/45, 8/60, 5/75 (PR), 4/75 *New PR here with the 75’s. The 60’s felt so light I knew I was gonna be able to hoist those 75’s :aargh4: :woohoo:
Lateral DB raise: 8/35, 5/35, 8/30
Rear machine fly: 8/100, 7/130

OTHER THOUGHTS:

As a first day for this cycle I have to say that I’m pretty excited. My weight was down from last week by 2.5 lbs even though my eating wasn’t that clean. The PR on the seated DB press was awesome and if it is foreshadowing what’s to come over the next couple months then all I have to say is watch the f*** out! Hide the women and children ‘cause it’s gonna get nasty!
It is taken orally yes and yes I have used it before with pretty darn good results. It does require some care though IMO. While I am in the camp that believes the thyroid is very resilient and bounces back quite easily it's not an organ you want to have permanently messed up.

You'll notice that this time around I am running low dose T-3. With diet and cardio in check I don't think I'll need that much of a boost and anything up to 25mcg a day shouldn't cause shutdown as it keeps you within the high range of normal circulating thyroid hormones.

In the past I went as high as 100mcg a day and I can tell you that both the lethargy and the increased hunger were a bitch! I had to take constant naps and would get hungry like 1 hour after eating.

Hopefully the lowered dosage will allow me to reap the benefits of the T-3 without suffering needless hunger and lethargy.

To be on the safe side I don't know if I would consider using T-3 when not "on", although at these low doses (12.5mcg ED) you could probably get away without any muscle loss if you weren't taking any AAS or PH. The only way to know for sure is to try it out and track your BF% to see how much LBM you lose. :scratchchin:

And thanks for the log template. I'm not big on re-inventing the wheel and it is a perfect format.
I stole the format myself. I am really tempted to add some Clen around week 4 of my PCT. I seriously debating the H-Drol/MMV2 combo or then new AppNut PH "The One" depending on logs I read between now and then and where I am at in my bf% combo.

I didn't start reading about T3 until after I already started my cycle and I read that it is best to be on cycle when running to prevent muscle loss so I will hold off.

I appreciate the feedback and sorry for taking this off topic.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Nothing is off topic here bro. We're all here to learn so feel free to ask or say whatever is on your mind.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1

OTHER THOUGHTS:[/B]

remember not to go too heavy the strength can sometimes comeon faster than your tendons and ligaments can take.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
mixedup makes a great point about being cautious with the strength gains.

I ran a H-drol only cycle over this past summer and the strength gains/endurance were awesome in the 3rd-4th weeks. This also led to a pretty jacked up pec and some forced time off from any pressing movements. I was on a serious strength gain cycle and got a bit over zealous with the weights/reps. Too heavy too many reps too quick.

but I am really interested in this run as I would definitely do the same. I am looking into something else to shed some BF for the summer again. I think the newer LG stuff looked like fun to sprinkle into this mix as well.

I am in for the ride. Knock it out bro!

carib102

carib102

Awards
Days 2 & 3

4mg of M-TRN
50mg of H-Drol
3 caps of MMV2

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, and ON protein

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
Day 2 – 186 lbs (up 0.5 lbs)
Day 3- 187 lbs (up 1.5 lbs)

Seems the M-TRN is kicking in here. Even though my calories are below maintenance my weight is rising. I’m sure it’s all water though and will drop once the M-TRN is taken out of the equation.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO - Rising
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Good mood all weekend even though I spent a good part of it working. Sucks to spend so much time at the office, but the OT is nice, especially given the current economic situation.

The Workout
No weights all weekend. Saturday I did 40 minutes on the treadmill at 8% incline and 3.5 mph. Sunday was a complete off day, no weights or cardio.

THOUGHTS:

I was a bit surprised when I steppe don the scale to see my weight rising, although I believe it’s simply water weight. Hard to tell for sure, but I do think that I look a bit smoother. Typically I don’t weigh myself daily because I hate the roller coaster, but I am trying to ignore the daily fluctuations. Not gonna worry about the first 3-5 lbs gain. It should level off there and the losses will then continue as before.

carib102

carib102

Awards
On another note I've made a slight change to my cycle based on feedback from dsade. I am going to be adding the DCP in on week 3 now because dsade has told me "Carnitines have effects on Androgen receptor density and sensitivity." and that this should have a positive effect on my cycle.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks mixedup, hopefully I do a good enough job logging this so you can get an idea how these compounds will work together. Ironically it's TG who also turned me onto MMV2. Initially I was just gonna run the H-Drol, but he had such a great experience with it I was compelled to throw it in the mix too.

Wait...I was compelled...TG are you using your godlike powers on us mere mortals?
Yes I am! I'm glad you and mixedup are liking the MMV2. I have the greatest confidence recommending that stuff to guys. I know for sure it works. I've taken it several times as a pre-workout blaster on my cycles. It gets me all fired-up!!! :firedevil:

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 4

6mg of M-TRN (2mg at 9am, 2mg at 4pm, 2mg at 11pm) First day at 6mg
50mg of H-Drol (25mg at 10am, 25mg at 10pm)
3 caps of MMV2 (1 cap at 10am, 2 caps 8pm pre-workout)

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA during workout and ON protein.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
188 lbs (up 2.5 lbs) :dunno:

Seems the M-TRN is kicking in here. Even though my calories are below maintenance my weight is rising. I’m sure it’s all water though and will drop once the M-TRN is taken out of the equation.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO – Still rising
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal all day / High at the gym
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood has been great all day long. Energy is high and outlook is positive. Lovin' this cycle so far.

The Workout

Today is back and biceps and I was primed for war after having the past two days off! This is my lighter workout with reps from 8-10 and 60 second rests between sets.

Wide Pulldowns: 10/135, 10/165, 10/180, 6/195 - The 10 reps at 180 was a PR so I had to hit the 195 for another PR! :aargh4:
One Arm DB Rows: 10/50, 10/65, 10/80, 8/80
Close Grip Pulldowns: 10/150, 7/150, 9+4/135 (10 sec rest/pause)
Concentration Curl: 10/25, 8/25, 7/25, 7/25
High Cable Curl: 10/40, 8/50, 15+5/40 (10 sec rest/pause) :smite:

Finished off with 35 minutes on the treadmill - 3.5mph @ 8.5% incline

THOUGHTS:

Tonight I learned why TG and others love the MMV2 so much. I took 2 caps 30 minutes before my workout and by the time I hit the gym I was like a walking container of aggression. :chairshot:
I was totally focused and so ready to fight the iron tonight it was unbelievable. If 3 caps a day is like this I can't wait to get to 5 'cause that shizz will be off the freaking hook!

I also took the time to shave down when I got home tonight as an added incentive to rid myself of all the fat around my middle. I'll take any edge I can give myself to get as lean as possible in the next 10 weeks.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wide Pulldowns: 10/135, 10/165, 10/180, 6/195 - The 10 reps at 180 was a PR so I had to hit the 195 for another PR! :aargh4:
Close Grip Pulldowns: 10/150, 7/150, 9+4/135 (10 sec rest/pause)
Concentration Curl: 10/25, 8/25, 7/25, 7/25
High Cable Curl: 10/40, 8/50, 15+5/40 (10 sec rest/pause) :smite:

THOUGHTS:

Tonight I learned why TG and others love the MMV2 so much. I took 2 caps 30 minutes before my workout and by the time I hit the gym I was like a walking container of aggression. :chairshot:
I was totally focused and so ready to fight the iron tonight it was unbelievable. If 3 caps a day is like this I can't wait to get to 5 'cause that shizz will be off the freaking hook!
Congrats on the PR!!
And those 10-sec rest-pauses look awfully familiar. :thinking: :stick: LOL
Way to crank up the intensity brutha.
I seriously recommend that when you get up to the 5 caps of MMV2 per day, that you take 4 caps pre-workout and save the 1 cap for later. MMV2 really shines on the pre-workout aggression blast!! :rocketwhore: :rant2: :aargh:

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
TG,
what would your dose be for off days with the MMV2? I am ready to get my hands on some of that but I have to squeeze my workouts into a 3 day rotation. I am unsure of what would be the best way to use this fun little red pill?

and keep up those PR'S carib. looking good!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TG,
what would your dose be for off days with the MMV2? I am ready to get my hands on some of that but I have to squeeze my workouts into a 3 day rotation. I am unsure of what would be the best way to use this fun little red pill?

and keep up those PR'S carib. looking good!
I personally only use the MMV2 in stack situations. And then I use it only on workout days, 1 hour prior to my workouts. I don't use it on off days.

Now, if you're running it solo, that's different. I'd keep the doses the same as workout days, but split up over the course of the day.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Danke for the info mighty TG. The work will bring the freedom of these muscles!

I will be looking into stacking the MMV2 with probably some H-drol in the nearer future. I enjoyed the H-drol run last time so I figure why not. I'll make some adjustments of course but that comes with the experience. More taurine to fight those blasted back pumps I was getting. that and starting at 75 for 4 weeks and going to 100 for the last 2 weeks.
I'll also be following this log closely to catch any other options that will be included.

carib102

carib102

Awards
First off I'd like to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME" :fest30: :fest06: :birthday:

OK, now that the self serving stuff is out of the way

I haven't mentioned it in the last couple logs, but I'm definitely noticing some increased temps during the day and especially at night. Waking up half way through the night maybe not drenched in sweat, but enough that it's noticeable.

Thanks TG about the PR and I can't imagine what looks familiar to you about those rest/pauses :dunno:

Actually, thanks for that idea too. I just had so much rage last night and wanted to do something to really jack up the intensity and the rest/pauses came right to mind. And you know what...me likey a lot :biglaugh: I may throw myself into a complete TG rest/pause program for several weeks. Actually I think that could work well for the month that I'm in Thailand...hmmm :33:

Regarding the MMV2 I think I dose it pretty much the same way as TG, except I'm taking it on off days even though it's stacked. Off days I spread it out throughout the day and on workout days I am currently doing 2 caps 30 minutes pre-workout and 1 more 12 hours later (or earlier depending on when I workout).

Feeling great today! A little DOMS just setting into my back and bi's have felt half pumped all day, really cool!

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Just a question for the masses,
what is the advantage for taking the MMV2 on non working days when stacked? I've read that its the fuel for the fire before you get to the weights and thats where it works at its best.
Any other views? I hear you carib about taking it all the way through and just spreading the dosage. I am curious to hear from others as well.

and Happy Birthday too!

Last edited:
GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
If ran ED it (MMV2) is pretty good at hardening muscles, and is great for vascularity.

To this day my first MMV2 cycle was the most "on" I have ever felt as far as aggression goes.

This cycle sounds wicked homie... all the best.

carib102

carib102

Awards
That was my rationale for running it ED, the hardening and vascularity aspects that I don't think you'd get by running it "pulse" style only on workout days. We shall see how well that theory holds up - stay tuned :popcorn:

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
If ran ED it (MMV2) is pretty good at hardening muscles, and is great for vascularity.

To this day my first MMV2 cycle was the most "on" I have ever felt as far as aggression goes.

This cycle sounds wicked homie... all the best.
How did you dose G?
If I were to do it I'd be going 75mg H-drol to start the 4 weeks with a bump to 100mg for the last 2 weeks. What would be the dosage for the off days for the MMV2? I'd like to think 2 or 3 before on the working days?

I am getting all fired up just getting these tidbits back. I am ready to start an order soon. Like NOW!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
How did you dose G?
If I were to do it I'd be going 75mg H-drol to start the 4 weeks with a bump to 100mg for the last 2 weeks. What would be the dosage for the off days for the MMV2? I'd like to think 2 or 3 before on the working days?

I am getting all fired up just getting these tidbits back. I am ready to start an order soon. Like NOW!
I dosed 1 in the morning, 2-3PWO, and then 1 in the evening. But my last run was only 3 weeks long.

When I ran the trifecta stack, I only ran 4 a day, every day. One in the morning, 2 PWO, and 1 in the evening. Worked fine for me.

On non workout days i dosed 4 throughout the day, 1 in the morning, 1 late morning, 1 early afternoon, 1 evening.

I was trying to elicit a growth response though. If you just want the aggression and increased strength, you could go with it pulsed, you can run it longer and save money. I have never pulsed a hormone yet though, so I really can't say. If TG says it works, then I would trust his word.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I dosed 1 in the morning, 2-3PWO, and then 1 in the evening. But my last run was only 3 weeks long.

When I ran the trifecta stack, I only ran 4 a day, every day. One in the morning, 2 PWO, and 1 in the evening. Worked fine for me.

On non workout days i dosed 4 throughout the day, 1 in the morning, 1 late morning, 1 early afternoon, 1 evening.

I was trying to elicit a growth response though. If you just want the aggression and increased strength, you could go with it pulsed, you can run it longer and save money. I have never pulsed a hormone yet though, so I really can't say. If TG says it works, then I would trust his word.
Thanks for the insight G. I have followed your past 2 logs and have learned some valuable lessons.

Like carib said, I wouldn't mind the vascular benefits that come with the MMV2 on the ED basis. But I hear you about eliciting the growth response as well. Makes sense. I would think the agression would come with the heavier pre-workout dosage no matter what right? Even if you were taking them right along on a ED basis spread out, if you doubled or tripeld up before going to pound steel you would get that boost.

But like you said, if TG says it works that way, it probably works! Though it sounded like he loved the rage that it brings when the dosages are raised. But the God does know his way around the old medicine cabinet so I do take his word as he says it.

Thanks again.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off I'd like to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME" :fest30: :fest06: :birthday:
Happy Birthday brother!!! :birthday: :head: :djparty:

I'm getting ready to run out the door and head to work (graveyards).

Have a wonderful night!!! :cheers:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I would say keep it in your system on an every day basis, but I am not speaking from experience on MMV2. This cycle is going to get fun and I am glad I am along for the ride.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 5 (1/27/09)

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA during workout and ON protein.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
188.5 lbs (up 3 lbs)
Weight up another 0.5 lbs and can't wait to see what tomorrows weight will be since the wife is taking me to Olive Garden tonight for my birthday.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO – High
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:
Great mood again today and why not, it's my birthday!

The Workout(s)

AM Workout
Cybex Crunch Machine: 12/40, 12/60, 12/80, 12/80
Incline Leg Raises: 16, 16, 16
Superset w/ Oblique Crunches: 20, 20, 20

30 minutes treadmill 3.5mph @ 8.5 incline

PM Workout
Bench Press: 8/135, 8/185, 4/205, 3/205
Incline DB Press: 8/55, 8/70, 4/80, 10+3/65 (10 sec rest/pause) - The 80's were a PR for me and then I just wanted to blast the chest so I dropped weight and hit that rest/pause set..yeah! :aargh4:
Machine Flye: 10/90, 10/120, 10/120 - slow reps with 3 second holds on the contraction. :twisted:
Skull Crushers: 10/50, 10/60, 9/75, 7/75
V-Bar Pushdowns: 10/80, 10/100, 9+4/120 (10 sec rest/pause)

THOUGHTS:

I'm a bit disappointed with my bench weight as I've been stuck at 4/205 for several weeks now. I was hoping to be able to get at least 1 more rep. I'm pretty sure some of my problem here is completely psychological, but that isn't helping me break through this platuea. Arggghhhh! :zx11pissed:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 (1/27/09)

SUPPLEMENTS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
188.5 lbs (up 3 lbs)
Weight up another 0.5 lbs and can't wait to see what tomorrows weight will be since the wife is taking me to Olive Garden tonight for my birthday.

SIDES:

1) LIBIDO – High
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:
Great mood again today and why not, it's my birthday!

The Workout(s)

AM Workout
Cybex Crunch Machine: 12/40, 12/60, 12/80, 12/80
Incline Leg Raises: 16, 16, 16
Superset w/ Oblique Crunches: 20, 20, 20

30 minutes treadmill 3.5mph @ 8.5 incline

PM Workout
Bench Press: 8/135, 8/185, 4/205, 3/205
Incline DB Press: 8/55, 8/70, 4/80, 10+3/65 (10 sec rest/pause) - The 80's were a PR for me and then I just wanted to blast the chest so I dropped weight and hit that rest/pause set..yeah! :aargh4:
Machine Flye: 10/90, 10/120, 10/120 - slow reps with 3 second holds on the contraction. :twisted:
Skull Crushers: 10/50, 10/60, 9/75, 7/75
V-Bar Pushdowns: 10/80, 10/100, 9+4/120 (10 sec rest/pause)

THOUGHTS:

I'm a bit disappointed with my bench weight as I've been stuck at 4/205 for several weeks now. I was hoping to be able to get at least 1 more rep. I'm pretty sure some of my problem here is completely psychological, but that isn't helping me break through this platuea. Arggghhhh! :zx11pissed:

Change your grip on your bench. I bet if you grip 2 fingerwidths in, you'll put up another few reps. My bench at 225 went from 2-3 reps to 8-9 reps by moving my grip, it was simply too wide to maximize strength. Remember most heavy bench pressers will tell you, you gotta have strong triceps to bench heavy.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Change your grip on your bench. I bet if you grip 2 fingerwidths in, you'll put up another few reps. My bench at 225 went from 2-3 reps to 8-9 reps by moving my grip, it was simply too wide to maximize strength. Remember most heavy bench pressers will tell you, you gotta have strong triceps to bench heavy.
This is a good point. The sweet grip spot is key.

That and do less reps on the way to that 205 set too. You could be burning yourself out on the way up. Then if you hit what you want on that 205 set you can always drop the weight on the next set and crank out reps.
Or instead of doing an additional set go to 225 with a spot and handle that for a change. Its all about change and shock as we all know.

Though I think you could be right with the psychological part. That weight stacked up gets your brain racing. Focus in and blast it up!

carib102

carib102

Awards
Thanks for the advice GMG, I'll give that a try next time I bench. My grip is pretty damn wide now so that could be just what I need. I was also thinking of dropping that set at 185 and just jumping from 135 to 205 for my second set...just worried about tearing something if I'm not warmed up.

I think it's also possible that my shoulders take too much of the load when I'm benching. I'll be posting my before photos tonight finally (given time) and you guys can let me know if you think this might be true re: my development. I've always thought that my pecs were under developed and my shoulders were much stronger.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice GMG, I'll give that a try next time I bench. My grip is pretty damn wide now so that could be just what I need. I was also thinking of dropping that set at 185 and just jumping from 135 to 205 for my second set...just worried about tearing something if I'm not warmed up.

I think it's also possible that my shoulders take too much of the load when I'm benching. I'll be posting my before photos tonight finally (given time) and you guys can let me know if you think this might be true re: my development. I've always thought that my pecs were under developed and my shoulders were much stronger.
I wouldn't advise that much of a jump in weight because you do risk injury. Always pyramid up but if you are going for a heavy set just limit your reps on the way up. I've done that forever and have hit some righteous bench numbers natty.

And G is right with the grip. Too far out and its a rotator issue waiting to happen. I wrap my ring finger around the ring in the olympic bars. Your elbows should be pretty close to your body and keep them in tight the entire time. Suck it in and blast it off.
But you know this stuff but it comes with that pep talk. It's like when you are talking to people and you say don't tell anybody. You know they won't but you say it anyway. Goes with the territory.

I'm interested to see what happens when you make the changes. DO IT!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
THOUGHTS:

totally feel you i hit the wall of Flat BP last night and didn't make my scheduled sets. I think my is psychological too because Im in PCT.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
totally feel you i hit the wall of Flat BP last night and didn't make my scheduled sets. I think my is psychological too because Im in PCT.
I think benching has more mind connection than a lot of other movements. It crazy to me to be able to handle a weight one week and then get pinned by it the next. That and when you see the plates on the bar I can get stressed just by that. crazy...

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't advise that much of a jump in weight because you do risk injury. Always pyramid up but if you are going for a heavy set just limit your reps on the way up. I've done that forever and have hit some righteous bench numbers natty.

And G is right with the grip. Too far out and its a rotator issue waiting to happen. I wrap my ring finger around the ring in the olympic bars. Your elbows should be pretty close to your body and keep them in tight the entire time. Suck it in and blast it off.
But you know this stuff but it comes with that pep talk. It's like when you are talking to people and you say don't tell anybody. You know they won't but you say it anyway. Goes with the territory.

I'm interested to see what happens when you make the changes. DO IT!
I grip in exactly the same spot.

It differs with height though, I have long arms.

I also agree with trying weight that is too heavy for you to lift on your own. I was stuck at 225 for what seemed like eons. I changed my grip and started attempts at 275... a 50lbs jump, way too big to do on my own. But after 3 weeks of pressing as flippin hard as I could and not even getting 1 rep without assistance, all of a sudden that 225 felt light as a feather in comparison and my reps jumped. All of a sudden I also started to bench that 275 for a rep or two by myself. You have to PUSH yourself to break those plateus, there is no easy way around it.

I also got a ton of strength from wrapping my thumb around the BACK of the bar. I used to grip it by wrapping my thumb opposite of my fingers, the "safe" way, but it put too much stress on my tendons in my forearm, and made the bar rest on my hand, not right on my palm. You really want the bar to rest on the part of your hand that is right over your wrist, so that the weight doesn't pull on your fingers, you want as straight of a line through your arm up to the bar, that way you can focus on pressing, not holding the bar in place.

just a few things that helped me out, because for me, back comes easy, I don't even have to think about it much to lift heavy with my back... but chest has always been an uphill battle, so I will throw every trick I have in my arsenal at my chest workout.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I grip in exactly the same spot.

It differs with height though, I have long arms.

I also agree with trying weight that is too heavy for you to lift on your own. I was stuck at 225 for what seemed like eons. I changed my grip and started attempts at 275... a 50lbs jump, way too big to do on my own. But after 3 weeks of pressing as flippin hard as I could and not even getting 1 rep without assistance, all of a sudden that 225 felt light as a feather in comparison and my reps jumped. All of a sudden I also started to bench that 275 for a rep or two by myself. You have to PUSH yourself to break those plateus, there is no easy way around it.

I also got a ton of strength from wrapping my thumb around the BACK of the bar. I used to grip it by wrapping my thumb opposite of my fingers, the "safe" way, but it put too much stress on my tendons in my forearm, and made the bar rest on my hand, not right on my palm. You really want the bar to rest on the part of your hand that is right over your wrist, so that the weight doesn't pull on your fingers, you want as straight of a line through your arm up to the bar, that way you can focus on pressing, not holding the bar in place.

just a few things that helped me out, because for me, back comes easy, I don't even have to think about it much to lift heavy with my back... but chest has always been an uphill battle, so I will throw every trick I have in my arsenal at my chest workout.
I think we all share about the same grip spot being as we all are around the same height, 6 feetish. That has been my spot forever and has worked.

And G is right about handling that weight that will crush you, or so you think. Once you feel it I think your brain adjusts to that heaviness and will allow you to eventually handle it. I've had plenty of spots to be stuck at forever. 315 was the worst for me. To put that third 45 on there was screwing with my head. But after feeling it and knowing that it wasn't going to crush my chest I was able to work through it. So that is a good option to try for sure.

And how you grip the bar is also key. Do G and I sound like repeating records here? I though am in favor of wrapping my fingers around the bar and really squeezing the death out of it. I would also use some chalk and really get my hands to stick in that sweet spot.The key is to keep your wrists pretty straight and not let the bar rock your hands back towards you. Not only will it be uncomfortable as hell but you could potentially hurt yourself or worse have the bar roll back onto you. But however you can be most comfortable with the grip is the one you should stick with.

I think any other heavier auxillary exercises can help as well. Close grip benches. Dips. Any type of heavy tricep stuff. But having that big bench is really the only thing to gain at a gym. It only impresses a small minority of people and I think is more of an ego stroke than anything. If you are happy with yourself and are jacked and healthy, who cares what you bench? I have a friend who is a natural pro body builder and he never flat benches but has a massive chest. He does incline smith and tons of different dumb bell stuff. Not crazy heavy either.
Its all what makes you happy.

End of my rant.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Thanks for the answers guys and I think you're right, it is mostly an ego thing, but dammit my ego will be stroked!! In the past I was doing 245 for 4 reps so it's not that I'm worried about the weight crushing me. In fact, now that you make me think about it I was stuck at 190-ish a couple months prior to that PR and I broke through that because one of the guys at my gym put me under a bar with 245 on it "just to try". OK, now I have a plan and can't wait to hit chest again. I am gonna own that 2nd plate in February!
:bruce1: