calsuple % calculation error?

login211

Awards
I just added 50mg of zinc, the only item and the capsule is already 91% full. Can someone please explain? I thought these were "00" caps...???

login211

Awards
i tried it again and now 50mg of zinc fills the cap to 50%, better than before but still not right since the caps are infact size "00"... someone from CC care to explain?

bump

Ddono25

Awards
I have tried to understand the logic of the filling of the caps, and their calculations % wise and it never comes out to one solution or reason. BUMP.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
The caps are 00, but sometimes the calculation especialy with more bulky powders is different depending on the variety, There are 3 zinc choices all of wich have different densities, so some will fill the cap more than others, i have never had a problem with the percentages, if you want you can send me your mix, incase there is an errr, and il get onto it straight away.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zinc and magnesium aren't dense at all. Thats why you have to take 3 ZMA caps to get the normal dose, which is just a total of about 500mg. CC has ran all of the powders through the machine and uses their densities to determine percentages.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Zinc and magnesium aren't dense at all. Thats why you have to take 3 ZMA caps to get the normal dose, which is just a total of about 500mg. CC has ran all of the powders through the machine and uses their densities to determine percentages.
X2, good post.