1. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Weight gain has SLOWED during bulking?

im 29 183 pounds train 5 days a week hittn 1 body part per day of sat/sun.I started out at 156 34 days ago now up to 183 .Been stuck at this weight for 1.5 weeks. I even have took my protein intake of 200 grams per day up to 320 per day for last week with no success.Any idea what to do,or am i or did i do sumtn wrong and my bodys reacting.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.84%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thats a large gain in weight I wish I could put on weight like that in a month. Anything helping put on that weight
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.6%

Up your total caloric intake by adding in added carbs along with the protein. Adjust your training (have you been using the current training program prior to the start of this bylk?). Also how many calories are you taking in (and are you an endo/beginner?) because thats a lot of weight for 1 month.
    •   

4. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%

Im a newbie for second time,took 3 years off after hip surgery.Im taking in at least 5000 calories a day 1800 of them from protein drink,rest eggs,oats bread,chicken hamburger.My weight has just stalled though i might have put to much weight on to fast,it seemed i was puttn on 7-8 pounds a week at 4500 calories and 200 grams of protein when i stopped gainng i even went up to 6000 and 350 gram protein with no changes its been 2 weeks same weight,actually got sick did'nt eat for 30 or so hours coul'nt stop vomiting ,hope that is'nt going to stop my progress,im 29 6'2 starting still look skinny jus alot more muscle now..lol i want to get up around 210 at the end of this 12 weeks, at week 5 now. Here my current list of supplements:
    ARGININE 500MG PER DAY
    CYTOVOL GLUTAMINE 5G PER DAY
    TRUE MASS (BSN) 2 SHAKES PER DAY
    CELL MASS (BSN) 2 SERVING PER DAY
    HYPER PUMP PRE-WORKOUT DRINK
    MULTI-V 1 PACKAGE PER DAY
    MILK THISTLE 500MG PERDAY
    I train 5 days a week st-sun off hit one body part per day try to stay around 3-sets 8-10 reps weight increase every week ,hav'nt changed it sence i began except alil different movements.Any suggestions would be great ..
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.91%

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Im a newbie for second time,took 3 years off after hip surgery.Im taking in at least 5000 calories a day 1800 of them from protein drink,rest eggs,oats bread,chicken hamburger.My weight has just stalled though i might have put to much weight on to fast,it seemed i was puttn on 7-8 pounds a week at 4500 calories and 200 grams of protein when i stopped gainng i even went up to 6000 and 350 gram protein with no changes its been 2 weeks same weight,actually got sick did'nt eat for 30 or so hours coul'nt stop vomiting ,hope that is'nt going to stop my progress,im 29 6'2 starting weight 40 days ago was around 155 now today i day after being sick back down to 180 never weighed this much and still look skinny jus alot more muscle now..lol i want to get up around 210 at the end of this 12 weeks, at week 5 now. Here my current list of supplements:
    ARGININE 500MG PER DAY
    CYTOVOL GLUTAMINE 5G PER DAY
    TRUE MASS (BSN) 2 SHAKES PER DAY
    CELL MASS (BSN) 2 SERVING PER DAY
    HYPER PUMP PRE-WORKOUT DRINK
    MULTI-V 1 PER DAY
    MILK THISTLE 500MG PERDAY
    I train 5 days a week st-sun off hit one body part per day try to stay around 3-sets 8-10 reps weight increase every week ,hav'nt changed it sence i began except alil different movements.Any suggestions would be great ..
    Start adding olive oil to your morning shakes. Go slowly with about 1 TBLSP (118 calories) a day to check your tolerance. Increase as needed. Heed my warning on going slow or you will wind up with a case of the hershey squirts. This is the method they use on the DC training when weight gain stalls and it seems to work very well.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Up your total caloric intake by adding in added carbs along with the protein. Adjust your training (have you been using the current training program prior to the start of this bylk?). Also how many calories are you taking in (and are you an endo/beginner?) because thats a lot of weight for 1 month.
    I agree, you're in a totally new caloric requirement category for bulking at your weight class now; compared to when you started. That's an insane amount of weight to put on by the way.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%

yeah this weight thing is crazy i wish to god i took some before and after pics,no one can beleive it i guess my body just wanted to grow..lol or in all actuality wanted to gain a ****load of water.i'll have to try that olive oil,would it not work if i jus cooked every thing with it like eggs and meats
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.91%

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    yeah this weight thing is crazy i wish to god i took some before and after pics,no one can beleive it i guess my body just wanted to grow..lol or in all actuality wanted to gain a ****load of water.i'll have to try that olive oil,would it not work if i jus cooked every thing with it like eggs and meats
    You will get some from cooking but when you work up to 3-4tbsp it is hard to get that much from cooking.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%

Hard to believe you did that with no supps even being that low, but i'm a hard gainer haha so it seems impossible to me. i'll take your word for it though. good job bro. But once you start getting bigger it becomes harder and harder to gain weight. so no offense, just dont expect that 210 to come as easy as the 180
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%

can you write out your split?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.41%

If your doing this naturally, there is NOWAY you could possibly put on that much muscle on in 34 days. Most likely, most of your gains you have made is water and fat. Realistically, if your natural, you should be aiming for about a 1 pound a week. The only two situations i could think of where this would be fiesable is if:
    1. Your new to training, and your a genetic FREAK
    2. Muscle memory, you've been at that build before

"If your training naturally, you can't force muscle on, it's a long process, consistency is key"

my advice to you is to figure out your maintance calorie intake, add 500 er so calories on top of that. Every week weigh in. If your up in weight, continue with that calorie intake. if your at the same weight, up the calorie intake another 250 to 500 calories. This process will allow you to maximize lean mass gains, while keepin fat gains at bay.
  12. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%

Thanks for all the feed back ,i'll start tryn sum things u mentioned ,hopefully it will work,and S-reed11 i do take a supp..lol just the 1 though a main-stay of bodybuilding,twice a week.That muscle memory might be the thing too CRANGHELL,ive been close to my build now but never as much muscle though.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

How much carbs and fats are you having?
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.49%

wait you take a supp twice a week? that last post lost me. what supp are you on?
  15. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%

macro--near 50/30/20 .......

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. Gain endurance when bulking........
    By bigblue01 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 01:03 PM
  5. What is your LBM to FAT gain ratio when bulking?
    By Romac in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:09 AM