Frustration!!!!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I swear, I'm about to go on a big mac diet. I've been eating surplus cals, and doing at least 1 gram of protein/lb of body weight/day and I'm about the same weight as when I started. :frustrate:

Granted, I've put some size on my arms. But for what I've put in , I really should have gained some weight by now.

Mickey d's here I come!!!! THAT will put some size on, for sure!!!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep at it man. It can be frustrating to have such slow gains, but it is better to have slow quality gains than to gain while putting on alot of fat that you have to get rid of layer. :)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I swear, I'm about to go on a big mac diet. I've been eating surplus cals, and doing at least 1 gram of protein/lb of body weight/day and I'm about the same weight as when I started. :frustrate:

Granted, I've put some size on my arms. But for what I've put in , I really should have gained some weight by now.

How long have you been going for? 1 gram per pound of body weight isn't all that much. How much do you weigh? Like Bolt said you have to be consistent. This isn't a sprint and never should be.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea i would like to see what your diet looks like now, but some other ideas could be to add just a little more to your daily amount, or maybe play around with the macros to see if you respond better to different macro breakdowns.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't eat mc donalds,they have trans fat in everything.BK,sonic,jack in the box,whataburger,wendy's,weinersnitzel,taco bell,taco bueno,kfc.......anything but mc donalds.Obviously don't eat fast food all the time,but every now and then sounds like it would be fine for you.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Come on ninja, you can do it! Carb up in the AM and post workout, protien all day, little fat here and there all day, evoo before bed.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The big macs have trans fat.That $h!t is unhealthy.....on the indside.I eat fast food somewhat consistintly,but never mc donalds.

iDShaDoW

Awards
How bout the McChickens? lol

I figure it's just bread, lettuce, chicken, and mayo.

Is that one really all that unhealthy?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How bout the McChickens? lol

I figure it's just bread, lettuce, chicken, and mayo.

Is that one really all that unhealthy?
Yes!Usually trans fat is found in deep fried foods cause it's in the oil.Mc donalds has it in everything.Even burgers and mcmuffins.Just check the wrapper or go online.Research trans fat too if you don't know exactly what it is.Tostinos pizza and other frozen foods have it too.I'm guessing thats where the trans fat comes from at mcdonalds,is the frozen meat.KFC used to have it,but they removed it,and you can't tell the difference.Some states have outlawed trans fat,i think NY,but not positive.So that Mc Donalds doesn't have it,or it goes into affect 2011 or something,to give them time to get the taste right(as you can see,i'm not for sure).KFC did it just fine though.They were also being sued for not telling it was in their though.Thats also a law all around that trans fat has to be listed.(this should give you an idea of how bad it is)

iDShaDoW

Awards
I see. I think my co-worker had mentioned that Maryland has banned trans fats cause I had made some comment about the Big Mac I was eating not tasting all that good.

Not sure if Virginia has that law but I mainly eat McDonald's when I'm at work.

Gonna have to look into that.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mac Counter:4
Ok 4 in a week is way overdoing it. I'd say 1 a week tops post workout if you're really desperate to put on dirty weight. Other than that go to whataburger and get a huge box of crappy carbs, still tons better than 4 big macs in a week.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Ok 4 in a week is way overdoing it. I'd say 1 a week tops post workout if you're really desperate to put on dirty weight. Other than that go to whataburger and get a huge box of crappy carbs, still tons better than 4 big macs in a week.
Fast food fries are 10x worse than any burger.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fast food fries are 10x worse than any burger.
I think the heart might disagree what with the possibility of trans fat and way too much saturated fat in a big mac.

Maybe the fat cells would agree because there are fewer carbs in the burger, and maybe the muscle cells would agree because there's protein in the burger.

But for overall health purposes and logistics of bulking that dirtily, I'd say stick with crappy carbs over big macs. You can at least save your heart while gaining fat.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
In one Big Mack theres 29 grams of fat 10 of which is saturated 14.1 of which is monounsaturated. A Large fry has 30 grams of total fat with 6 saturated and no monounsaturated. From the carbohydate insulin spike alone I would rather the Big mack (for both muscle and overall heart health.) Saturated fat isn't a horrible thing for the body. However trans fat is.

Big Mac has 1.5 grams of trans fat where as a large fry has 8 grams of trans fat.

I'm taking the Big Mac, actually I'm taking either but if I have to I'm taking the burger and dropping the fry. I'm also not having a Big Mac I'm getting a triple stacker from BK with no sauce lol.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
bro instead of eating more big macs listen to these guys they know what they are talking about, try going 1 1/2 grams of protein per lb add an extra meal throughout the day that isnt fast food. eat like 2 ppl its working for me from 140 to 146 in a week and a half almost 2 weeks... no fast food.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In one Big Mack theres 29 grams of fat 10 of which is saturated 14.1 of which is monounsaturated. A Large fry has 30 grams of total fat with 6 saturated and no monounsaturated. From the carbohydate insulin spike alone I would rather the Big mack (for both muscle and overall heart health.) Saturated fat isn't a horrible thing for the body. However trans fat is.

Big Mac has 1.5 grams of trans fat where as a large fry has 8 grams of trans fat.

I'm taking the Big Mac, actually I'm taking either but if I have to I'm taking the burger and dropping the fry. I'm also not having a Big Mac I'm getting a triple stacker from BK with no sauce lol.
Oh wow I'm completely wrong, lol. I had no idea fries had any trans fat in them, much less 8 effing grams. I didn't know fries were that bad. I don't know what the hell they do to a potato to get it like that but they should stop.

I agree with the saturated fat comment, I actually eat tons of the stuff to help increase cholesterol. But I'll start to reduce my saturated fat intake into my 20's to take strain off my heart and avoid blood pressure problems.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea dude fast food frys are absurdly processed and shouldn't even be considered food. If I'm really feeling a fast food cheat and I want a "side" I'll get a Macdonald's chicken nuggets. However this is so rare for me, talking like once every 2 years or something. A grilled chicken , cheese, bacon on a whole wheat wrap tastes insanely good and is actually relatively healthy if kept in moderation.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you all are gonna eat fast food make sure it at least tastes good you needa hit up that In N out burger :p

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If you all are gonna eat fast food make sure it at least tastes good you needa hit up that In N out burger :p
I'm on the East coast, I hear In N out Burger is tasty though (and fresher ingredients.)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on the East coast, I hear In N out Burger is tasty though (and fresher ingredients.)
yea man im on the east coast too and miss being over in Cali getting to eat there alot. I can't wait to go over the summer..i know i will be eating there several times as i hardly eat fast food but that is one place i do enjoy.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I do love me some Whattaburger, I'm not gonna lie.
The double, with cheese, or that bar-b-cue cheddar burger they are running right now is mighty tasty.

I started this thread, mainly for s and g's. Yes, I have had 4 big macs the past week, but it's not a permanent thing.

I'm actually going back to what got me this size in the first place:

My Super shake:
protein powder (mainly from O.N.)
milk (from cows...MOO!!!)
peanut butter (natty or not...who cares)
sometimes: instant oats, fresh fruit, and/or jam(depends on whats handy.)

Fill 1 blender
Blend the mixture
Drink throughout the day
Repeat often

Last edited:
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do love me some Whattaburger, I'm not gonna lie.
The double, with cheese, or that bar-b-cue cheddar burger they are running right now is mighty tasty.

I started this thread, mainly for s and g's. Yes, I have had 4 big macs the past week, but it's not a permanent thing.

I'm actually going back to what got me this size in the first place:

My Super shake:

Fill 1 blender
Blend the mixture
Drink throughout the day
Repeat often

You should also eat solid food, but not Big Macs.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
ummm, this is in addition to normal food. Thats not my entire diet. I love real food too much. If I was an endo, I'd be as big as a house.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
ummm, this is in addition to normal food. Thats not my entire diet. I love real food too much. If I was an endo, I'd be as big as a house.
Should add an egg or two to your super shake :)

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
How long have u been bulking? are you bulking clean?

have you calculated your calories, broken down your macros?

You gotta plan these things ahead of time, set short-term goals. Don't expect the weight to come flying on. Infact, (if your natural) its probably better that the weight is not coming flying on.

Figure the amount of calories you need in order to maintain your current weight. Add 250 to 500 calories on top of that. Take your weight first thing in the morning. come back in two weeks, and weigh your self again first thing in the morning? Have your your numbers gone up?? If so continue to bulk with this amount of calories, If not, add another 250 to 500 calories. Repeat this process every 2 weeks.

Remember to be consistent with your diet. Realize that SOLID quality gains of lean mass come slow ( if your natural). I think too many people, worry about putting one weight fast, cause they wanna see results fast. But all they end up putting on is uncessary fat that could have been avoided.

* You can't force muscle by eatting huge amounts of calories *

It's a long slow process

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not all fries or fast food places have trans fat.If they do,it is required by law to be listed.So if you don't see it on the menu or wrapper,they don't have it.KFC was being sued for this.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eat everything! I can't believe your Big mac counter is only up to 4. I hope it was in one sitting :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
My Super shake:

Fill 1 blender
Blend the mixture
Drink throughout the day
Repeat often

Lately i've been finding that nuts (soya nuts mostly) and a lot of dried fruits are pretty good in a shake. Didn't think the soya nuts would be nice as i don't like the taste that much by themselves.

But i chucked them in my shake earlier and it was awesome! full of protein aswell :D Yum yum! can't wait for breakfast!

I want a blendtec! There like £400 though!

troy

troy

Awards
get a tub of real gains by unerversial nutrition and drink that sh** between healthy meals that worked for me and alot of people i know.just dont over do the real gains i seen alot of people get fat off that stuff

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
GT you fool!

Whats your stats broski, mashed will lend a hand. When i get back from DC, we are going to chill right?!

However, if i catch you eating big macs again, im going to post your picture at every mc d's from Downtown Dallas to FortWorth, with the words

"Do not feed this animal"

(gt on a good day)

I mean broski, whats your daily calories, whats your meal plan, whats your pant size*!!!

*not necessary information.

To be honest im not doing so good, just ate some ribs and fries from room service. Not bad actually. :woohoo:

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
GT you fool!

Whats your stats broski, mashed will lend a hand. When i get back from DC, we are going to chill right?!

However, if i catch you eating big macs again, im going to post your picture at every mc d's from Downtown Dallas to FortWorth, with the words

"Do not feed this animal"

(gt on a good day)

I mean broski, whats your daily calories, whats your meal plan, whats your pant size*!!!

*not necessary information.

To be honest im not doing so good, just ate some ribs and fries from room service. Not bad actually. :woohoo:
Daily Calories: No idea. I try to eat every 4 hours or so, a shake, a bar, or a meal.
Meal plan:i dont have a set one. I aim for getting my bodyweight in protein cals every day, and that all I keep track of really.
Pant size; like 32x30

A little back story;I weighed about 140 or so untill my junior year of college. I started working out more, and killing those shakes I described and went up to about 155 or so. Got stuck there for a while, wasnt working out hardly at all. Started back up with the lifting more and the shakes and went to about 165.
Started lifting again in December, after a shoulder injury, and the new job. I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been, BUT It's no where near where I'd like to be. One of my set goals this year is to hit 200 on the scale.

Bottom line:I wanna gain mass. I'm not worried about fat, cause unless I try hard, I dont put any on.

Edit: Mashed, hit we up when you get back. Sorry you missed St. Patty's day here. All I'm saying is I love cougars. :)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I really feel like the only way you are going to gain those 35 lbs is to really set up a diet plan you can follow. Also at the longest try to eat every 3 hours to keep a constant flow of nutrients circulating in your body. From the sounds of it you are a hardgainer? If so everything mentioned above is doubly important.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Daily Calories: No idea. I try to eat every 4 hours or so, a shake, a bar, or a meal.
Meal plan:i dont have a set one. I aim for getting my bodyweight in protein cals every day, and that all I keep track of really.
Pant size; like 32x30

A little back story;I weighed about 140 or so untill my junior year of college. I started working out more, and killing those shakes I described and went up to about 155 or so. Got stuck there for a while, wasnt working out hardly at all. Started back up with the lifting more and the shakes and went to about 165.
Started lifting again in December, after a shoulder injury, and the new job. I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been, BUT It's no where near where I'd like to be. One of my set goals this year is to hit 200 on the scale.

Bottom line:I wanna gain mass. I'm not worried about fat, cause unless I try hard, I dont put any on.

Edit: Mashed, hit we up when you get back. Sorry you missed St. Patty's day here. All I'm saying is I love cougars. :)
Ok GT, ill pm you a diet plan later today. Mine worked out great for me, and i have an idea or two for you.

;)

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I tried the fast food diet for bulking. Once a day I went out to taco bell, mcdonalds, and burger king. I did put on 20 lbs but only half of those where muscle. :think: Probably not the best bulking option imo. I'm definately paying for it now that I'm cutting.

remeizo

Awards
Food for thought... One pound if fat is 3200 calories, same for muscle. If you want to gain a pound of muscle, pure muscle fiber you need 3200 calories of protien, or 800 grams of protien. But take into consideration that muscles are 80% water and do become fuller when they have a ton of carbs stored in them.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Had all you can eat chicken tenders on thursday.
I was super full.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Food for thought... One pound if fat is 3200 calories, same for muscle. If you want to gain a pound of muscle, pure muscle fiber you need 3200 calories of protien, or 800 grams of protien. But take into consideration that muscles are 80% water and do become fuller when they have a ton of carbs stored in them.
Well now the confusion has hit an all-time high. Back to McDonalds...

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards

i know how you feel