Starting a New diet comments, suggestions?

1. Starting a New diet comments, suggestions?

I'm currently 5' 7'', 185 looking to make the push to 2 bills.
    Diet:
    6:00am 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, Whey protein shake with 12 oz 1% milk

8:00 am 1 cup lowfat yogurt, 4 egg whites

10:00 am 1 oz almonds, 1 apple (whey protien shake with 12 oz water)

12:30pm turkey (4 0z) sandwich on whole wheat, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup veg.

2:00pm 1 can tuna, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese

3:30 pm whey protein shake with 12 oz water (pre-wkout)

5:00 pm 2 cups raisin bran with 8 0z 1% milk, Whey Protien shake with 12 oz of 1% milk (post-wkout)

7:00 1 chicken breast(or 2 fillets of talapia,salmon etc.), 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup veg. , 12 oz 1% milk

9:00 3 tbs pb on two slices whole wheat

10:00 Whey Protien shake with 12 oz. 1% milk

supps: Creatine Mono,Glutamine,

oils: fish and flaxseed taken with meals.

I'm starting with that and hopefully upping the calories every few weeks.

any suggestions?

2. Switch from whey to a mix protein. Make your own over at TP; I suggest a mix of casein and egg.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. tattoopierced1

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Switch from whey to a mix protein. Make your own over at TP; I suggest a mix of casein and egg.
    good advice..

also, I'd throw a little more into your 8 and/or 10am meals.... they seem kind of small to me.

4. yeah those meals are kind of small . but I would call them more of in between meals than snacks. If you put them together with the meals after them than I still am at 7 or 8 meals for the day.

5. also....3100 cals was holding me steady at 185. So I figure that my maintenance cals are around 3000 so I upped it to about 3800 and I will gradually be upping as every two weeks or so. I figure that those meals will be where I add those cals.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bunting View Post
    also....3100 cals was holding me steady at 185. So I figure that my maintenance cals are around 3000 so I upped it to about 3800 and I will gradually be upping as every two weeks or so. I figure that those meals will be where I add those cals.
    I really doubt that you need to increase your kcals that much. Start at 3400-3500 instead. You are much more likely to add LBM without nearly as much BF. Also, with only a modest increase, you are more likely to have a solid recomp, as opposed to a dirty bulk.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Thanks...
    that's what I was thinking. I definitely don't think I need to add anymore calories for now.
    I've always been taught that you start out with about 2 or 3 hundred above your maintenance calories and continue to gradually increase your calories as needed.
    For instance if a guy is maintaining at 2500 it is not nescessary for him to bulk on a 5000 calorie diet as the majority of the calories will be either wasted or turned into fat. Right?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting new diet. Any changes?
    By pitt6691 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM
  2. about to start a new cycle...
    By JblazeGirlie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 03:46 PM
  3. Want to start a ph cycle...need suggestions
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics