Marijuana and Bodybuilding
- 07-08-2008, 06:32 PM
- 07-10-2008, 03:16 PM
- 07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
ya....i really dont toke anymore but when i did id save the smoke for pre bedtime movie and try to be as active as possible throughout the day.
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I wonder if smoking reduces cortisol?? Stress does raise cortisol...and marijuana defiantly reduces stress. I'm just wondering,haha.
07-12-2008, 12:48 AM
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I found this very very helpful...
"In summary, it appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from marijuana smoke that are known toxicants, while allowing the THC to pass through relatively intact. The effectiveness of toxicant removal is related to the smoke's water contact area. Specially designed water pipes, incorporating particulate filters and gas dispersion frits would likely be most effective in this regard; the gas dispersion frit serves to break up the smoke into very fine bubbles, thereby increasing its water contact area. While individuals vary greatly in their smoking technique, state of health, dosing regimen, and so on, it seems that many patients could benefit from the use of water pipes to deliver THC. This would allow patients to titrate their dose easily while reducing the health hazard associated with smoke."
Basically it says that filtering pot smoke with water
(i.e. Waterpipes) GREATLY reduces health risks
If someone wants the website I can e-mail it to them, it wont let me post URL's yet.
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I still say a vaporizer is the best option if you are concerned about health at all. It's like inhaling air with THC in it.
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I;m a little late to chime here (puff). My gains increased ten fold when i started smoking. Always used to have trouble sleeping, also the increase in appetite wont hurt.
07-31-2008, 05:19 AM
The thing about Marijuana, is that it has been ruled as safe, aside from that, nothing is good or bad, everything that's good can be bad and everything that's bad can be good. A gun is good when used for self defense, bad when used for rape, 50grams of vitamin C are good in some cases, no diarrhea and increased healing, bad in some cases, causing diarrhea and messing up your day, same thing with Marijuana, it's not good and it's not bad, if you use it and the positives outweigh the negatives, then it's good, for you, if the negatives outweigh the positive, then it's bad for you.
Like any tool in this universe, it can't be good or bad, a tool has no ability to be good or bad, it depends on how it's used and what for, what circumstances, etc....
Attention: This is your common sense, we are now trying something new, please decide if it's good or bad for you. This experience time will vary, please be safe at all times, learn all you can from it and make a decision, experience and effectiveness may vary, remember to enter without prejudice and have a nice experience.
It's a shame that fear and lack of initiative rule today's people.
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
07-31-2008, 12:33 PM
hey planet fuzz i was thinkin of gettin a vapo but what is the best brand??? i heard some of em are terrible
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
i just came across this thread and its right down my alley. Vaps are cool but if you want one thats worth buying i dont suggest a handheld.. those suck, you want one that has the long tube and plugs into the wall. They should heat the mj to around 370 degrees F; rather than the 1200-1400 degrees of a lighter. as for bubblers they work great too thats a much cheaper (and much more fun if you ask me) alternative. BUT, vaporizers will pay for themselves relatively quick, because you will use MUCH more THC than a bub would. one bowl is good for 3-5 people in my experience.
so if you have the money, i would say go with a vap.
The vap will also save you from feeling horribly light-headed and short-breathed in the middle of your lifts. That is the only weed and lifting dont go together, at least for me.
07-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Get a Volcano, its the best but expensive. I don't like the wood vaporizers withthe tubes that plug in.
I personally have set all my personal records under the influence even though I probably smoke less than a third of the time before I lift.
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I miss mine. I will get another one eventually but I just can't afford to be spending money on weed right now. The best thing about it was the car charger.
fbd21 is right too. When I used to smoke daily I would go through an eighth a week. When I got the vaporizer I went through half an eighth in two weeks. When you smoke it you get about 30 percent of the THC,when you eat it you get about 70,and when you vape it you get around 90 percent.
I second that though. Everything can be good and bad. If you sit around your house all day and smoke weed and it prevents you from getting things done,that's bad. If you can do it responsibly,it's fine. I don't do it anymore though because I am trying to gain weight and it really messes with my appetite. I'll think I'm hungry and eat a whole meal and then feel like crap. haha
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
an 1/8th a week!?!? when i blazed regularly, an 1/8 lasted me like 3 days!!!! blunts require more though, so that's my excuse
07-31-2008, 10:33 PM
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Some of my best workouts ever I was stoned...
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
my vap has no wood its hard plastic, then you plug in a tube withh the glass tip on the end.
blunts are great but expensive. i used to smoke easily an eighth a day before i cut back.. they just arent very efficient.
cooking with it is great too but its pretty expensive to make cannabutter. i know a recipe for a chai tea, you only need 1g, some milk, butter, and a chai tea bag(optional) and you're good for at least 6 hours. very cost effective and easy to make and choke down!
good way to start up that appetite
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
08-01-2008, 02:31 AM
08-01-2008, 03:32 AM
08-01-2008, 03:39 AM
roor is like the lexus of bongs... i had one in college but got into some trouble.. had to throw everything away when i moved back home.
08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
wooooot just ordered a vapolution i dunno how to use one though can someone help me out or is it pretty simple?
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
My $.02. Vaporizers suck. I have smoked my fair share of them, and I don't care what anyone says, the high is NOT the same. If I wanna smoke, I wanna smoke. I wanna inhale smoke, and I wanna blow out smoke. "Vapor" just doesn't cut it for me. If you wanna get proper STONED, you simply cannot beat the effects of a nice bong. Joints are cool, and I used to love blunts back when I was younger and smoked cigs, but now they are just waaaaay too harsh for me. Bowls & chillums are great on the go, and my preferred method when I'm on the move simply cuz I don't like walking around smelling like I just left a Cypress Hill concert. But if I'm relaxing and just wanna chill... Bong hit FTW, all the way.
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
08-01-2008, 02:10 PM
2. Slip the white retaining washer over the straight bowl. Slide it up until it touches the tube.
3. insert the bowl into the top of the vaporizer. The bowl will stop when it touches the bottom of the heater. Position the washer so it prevents the bowl from touching the bottom of the heater.
3. Plug in the vaporizer.
4. Flip the switch up to turn the vaporizer on. The switch will light up when the vaporizer is on.
5. The lowest temperature setting on the vaporizer is at 6 o'clock. The highest setting is at 4 o'clock. to vape right away put it to the highest setting. After 5 minutes of pre-heating, turn the vaporizer down to your preferred setting. 12 o'clock is your best bet. The Vapolution Vaporizer is designed to run for up to 8 hours continuously without overheating or burning out.
6. Loading the bowl corretly is the most important step. DO NOT grind your weed. Break off 1-3 small nugs. Maybe break em up just a bit. shape the nugs and squeeze em together so they sort of hold together in one. insert it into the bowl. make sure its not over-packed and the air can pass though easily. Good airflow is important! if its too packed it'll be exhausting trying to inhale it. If you load it too loose, it will fall out.
7. Place the loaded bowl into the top of the pre-heated vaporizer. Drag it nice and slow for a good hit. Draw until you are out of breath. Hold it in and then exhale. You will see visible vapor.
8. The bud will turn light to dark brown when its done.. Vaporizing it at too high of a temp will turn it black and itll taste like sh--. General rule of thumb is 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock on the dial.
9. to clear the bowl just blow through the tube. careful, the bowl might be hot
08-01-2008, 02:11 PM
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I use V Tower, it is cheap(think I paid ~$55) and works well. Just need to dial in the temp.
08-01-2008, 11:07 PM
08-01-2008, 11:50 PM
I feel what your saying though.... smoking a vape is definately not the same high AT ALL then straight smoking. However! If the people in here want to be health conscious while doing drugs (sounds funny to me) then by all means go for the vape. Just make sure not to burn ur herb with too hot of a temp cause then you might as well be smoking except it will taste alot worse.
The volcano got me waaaaay to ****ed up. Ill stick to blunts sir.
Similar Forum Threads
- By theface in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 12Last Post: 12-29-2012, 09:33 AM
- By Gus1986 in forum General ChatReplies: 50Last Post: 11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
- By spatch in forum General ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 07-20-2006, 09:32 PM
- By sushibug in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:17 PM
- By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum General ChatReplies: 8Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:06 PM