Fat burner question

Buracho

Awards
Just want to know if fat burners do affect muscles growth? i mean decrease muscle growth.

lazerss9

Awards
i think there are plenty of people that use fat burners for a cleaner, lean bulk, but i would assume that u wouldn't grow as much muscle over the same period of time as you would if u didnt use the fat burner, but i could be wrong. u can definitely still grow while taking fat burners, but i think it slows ur progress.

BigT4040

BigT4040

Awards
As long as you are still liftin i dont think youll see a decrease in muscle. I personally felt weak when i was takin a fat burner. It may have had something to do with nutrition though.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IMO, the main reason it could negatively affect muscle growth is if it's making you burn too many calories, thus creating a caloric deficit. This is why it doesn't make much sense to me to spend money on a fat burner while bulking. You eat to create a caloric surplus to gain muscle and you eat(and do cardio) to create a caloric deficit to lose fat. If you're just using it to decrease fat gain on your bulk, why don't you just nail down your diet to the point where you can just increase and decrease calories slightly, as you see fit, to gain the way you want.

If we're talking decreasing preexisting muscle growth, the same reasoning could apply there as well (caloric deficit created, leaving muscle to be broken down as an energy source).

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Your diet & training style will have final say on the matter. If you use 25 mg. of Ephedrine with 200 mg. of caffeine to give you some energy then you'll be fine.