***New Fatburner from Omega Sports - Burn24 Question.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omega Sports has a new non-stim fatburner out. It looks to be a well thought out product, so I pulled the trigger on Nutra's Bogo Deal earlier today. However, upon further examination, I see that one bottle contains 90 capsules, with directions stating that you are to take 2 capsules prior to meals three times a day. Essentially that means one bottle lasts 15 days. 15 days...ain't nobody got time for that. Joking, but anyone else thinking about trying this product.

burn24_green_tea_reflect_large.jpg

[h=3]Burn24 Ingredients:[/h] Serving Size: Capsules
Servings per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
GCBfit™ (Green Coffee Bean Extract) Standardized to 50% Chlorogenic Acids [As identified by Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and Liquid Chromatography - Tandem Mass Spectrometry].
250 mg**
Momordica Charantia Extract (Standardized for 10% Charantin)200 mg**
Berberine Hydrochloride200 mg**
GS4 Plus® (Gymnema Sylvestra) standardized to 75% Gymnemic Acids150 mg**
Bergenin150 mg**
ActiCissus® (Cissus Quadrangularis) standardized to 10% Ketosterones100 mg**
BioPerine® (Piper Nigrum extract) standardized to 95% Piperine6 mg**
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin (capsule) microcellulose.
[h=3]Burn24 Recommended Use:[/h] Please read entire label before use. As a dietary supplement, take two capsules approximately 30-45 minutes before meals containing carbohydrates, three times a daily. BURN24™ should not be taken without food, as drops in blood sugar may occur that could inhibit cognitive and motor function.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bottle actually says 180caps so it should last a full month at 6 caps per day.

I have been awaiting the ar***** of this for awhile and look forward to trying it in the near future. I see it more as a GDA (due to the majority of the ingredients) but looks very solid regardless.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bottle actually says 180caps so it should last a full month at 6 caps per day.

I have been awaiting the ar***** of this for awhile and look forward to trying it in the near future. I see it more as a GDA (due to the majority of the ingredients) but looks very solid regardless.
I didn't see the capsule amount so thanks for the heads up, Bolt. I ordered two bottles on bogo. I'll be stacking it with Alphamine and before meals.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was a little taken back by the $39.99 price tag on this...I figured this would be in the $25 range.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their products usually tend to be on the higher end, but you know you're getting a premium/quality product. Nutra's bogo deals are pretty good, so I jumped on it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Not so much of a fat burner really, but it's an excellent carb blocker (bergenin, berberine, gymnema, GCB).

Beast20

Beast20

Awards
Not so much of a fat burner really, but it's an excellent carb blocker (bergenin, berberine, gymnema, GCB).
Coop, since I know you have great knowledge of these ingredients:

say you have a carb cycling routine, where you only GORGE on carbs once to twice a week. Would this product be beneficial on the ''5-non-carb days'' as well. Or would one, in such a nutrition routine, benefit from taking this even on protein/fat, 0 carb days?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was thinking the same thing actually when I saw the ingredient profile. I probably won't get it now because I have a million other products to use first, but Omega usually puts out really high quality products. Often a bit pricey, but you usually know you're at least getting quality from them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop, since I know you have great knowledge of these ingredients:

say you have a carb cycling routine, where you only GORGE on carbs once to twice a week. Would this product be beneficial on the ''5-non-carb days'' as well. Or would one, in such a nutrition routine, benefit from taking this even on protein/fat, 0 carb days?
I'd really save it for pre-carb meals only. GCB inhibits intestinal absorption of glucose, gymnema occupies glucose transporters in the intestine, and berberine/bergenin are amylase inhibitors (for starches). This would be a great product for an unscheduled cheat meal. However, on your "high carb" days, you need to absorb all the carbs or you'll be running on empty for the rest of the week

Beast20

Beast20

Awards
I'd really save it for pre-carb meals only. GCB inhibits intestinal absorption of glucose, gymnema occupies glucose transporters in the intestine, and berberine/bergenin are amylase inhibitors (for starches). This would be a great product for an unscheduled cheat meal. However, on your "high carb" days, you need to absorb all the carbs or you'll be running on empty for the rest of the week
Not a good product for a carb-cycle plan then. Gotcha! Thanks coop!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omega makes some good products no one can deny that. But fat burner is a little bit of a stretch for me considering the ingredients in this.

sideshowdoc

Awards

what ingredients do you recommend to routinely use if bulking is the goal. Obviously you dont want to use carb blockers very often because they are defeating the purpose, so maybe use them as damage control during cheat meals (though some of them do have benefits beyond blocking carbs, like gymnemas positive effects on the pancreas itself, so would they be good to use sporadically a few times a week?). Would ingredients like fenugreek, banaba, etc be useful (and what others would you routinely use for bulking?)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omega makes some good products no one can deny that. But fat burner is a little bit of a stretch for me considering the ingredients in this.
I think it's just a marketing thing to be honest. I mean fat burner works better for the general public than nutrient partitioner or anything else along those lines. And I guess in theory you would burn more fat (or really accumulate less considering it seems to be a damage control product more so.)

The label states to take it with carbs so clearly they recognize how its going to work best, which leads me to believe it's pretty much a planned marketing idea.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks a lot mr.cooper69!. You just saved me a bunch of money!.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So it's completely blocking absorption rather than shuttling them Into muscle? I guess Im confused then if the carbs are going to be utilized or neutralized.... Ie- would this be a bad idea to take on a bulk- I'm assuming yes, but maybe I'm missing something.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So it's completely blocking absorption rather than shuttling them Into muscle? I guess Im confused then if the carbs are going to be utilized or neutralized.... Ie- would this be a bad idea to take on a bulk- I'm assuming yes, but maybe I'm missing something.
It both prevents carbohydrate storage as fat and helps block carb absorption. It does not shuttle carbs to muscle.

mathius

Awards
It both prevents carbohydrate storage as fat and helps block carb absorption. It does not shuttle carbs to muscle.
After all this time, that is what I thought it did (shuttle carbs to muscle).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
After all this time, that is what I thought it did (shuttle carbs to muscle).
There's few ingredients out here that actually shuttling nutrients directly to muscle tissue and not adipose tissue.