DC Bulker - Carb Intake

noviceiron

Awards
I am getting ready to hit a 16 week bulk cycle doing the DC training style and was wondering about carb intake.

I usually work-out around 8pm m-w-f and intake my carbs through out those days...

My questions is should I keep my carbs up on my non-training days as well?

I was thinking it would make sense to swap the carbs with protein on the off days...

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I have read up quite a bit on DC as well as practiced it and I had good results with it. DC advocates always having carbs around your workout and seperating meals as protein/fat meals and protein/carb meals. They use a carb cutoff as well so your last one or two meals are pro/fat. Since you workout at night do this assuming 6 meals a day and a late bedtime.

1: pro/carb
2: pro/fat
3: Pro/fat
4: Pro/carb
w/o
5: pro/carb
6: pro/fat

I like whey isolate and oats before and after my workouts. I tried WMS and liked it, but couldnt justify the price...but again, im in college!!!

hope this helps

noviceiron

Awards
Thanks for the advise...

Since you are familiar with DC, how long do you stay on that type of training? I have been doing it for the last 4-5 months and have had to switch to a 4 day split due to intensity... it was becoming very hard to reach the same intensity I had when I started.

Have you ever run AAS while doing DC?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I have done a couple bouts of DC. Each about 2 months long or so. I get bored with things so I like to change, but I will go back to DC again sometime. Also, after awhile of heavy training and really high intensity you need to take a break. They call this a cruise. So say you "blast" for 7 weeks then start to feel beat up and run down, take a cruise of 7-14 days where you do each exercise but just do a straight set and don't rest pause. That is what he advocates from all I have read.

I have not used anabolics while training DC.