Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut :(

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.7%

Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut :(

I’m finally for the first time in my life putting on weight! I need some advice but my situation is more complex then most. For the past 15 years I suffered from IBS, I have lifted on and off the since I was 14 and I’m 33 now. After 15 years of struggling to put weight I finally got my IBS in remission and in the past 4 months I have went from 6’ 1” 157 to 175. I’m getting stronger then ever and bigger then ever. I can’t believe the growth and strength I’ve experienced. But my mid section is growing also, not fat but getting their. I’m really perplexed if I should stop eating so much or just keep going. My diet is about 3000 calories a lot of rice, turkey, corn chips and beef. I have to exclude a lot of foods in order to keep my gut feeling good so my diet is a challenge. I was going to bulk to around 190 and then cut a little to around 185 and see were I go from that point. Any advice would be great. I lift HST 3 times a week. Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut 

izza: :hot:

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.95%

Quote Originally Posted by badbart
    Iím finally for the first time in my life putting on weight! I need some advice but my situation is more complex then most. For the past 15 years I suffered from IBS, I have lifted on and off the since I was 14 and Iím 33 now. After 15 years of struggling to put weight I finally got my IBS in remission and in the past 4 months I have went from 6í 1Ē 157 to 175. Iím getting stronger then ever and bigger then ever. I canít believe the growth and strength Iíve experienced. But my mid section is growing also, not fat but getting their. Iím really perplexed if I should stop eating so much or just keep going. My diet is about 3000 calories a lot of rice, turkey, corn chips and beef. I have to exclude a lot of foods in order to keep my gut feeling good so my diet is a challenge. I was going to bulk to around 190 and then cut a little to around 185 and see were I go from that point. Any advice would be great. I lift HST 3 times a week. Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut 

You need to give more details concerning your diet but from what you have given, it seems like you need to clean up your diet especially since corn chips appear to be a staple. Drop the corn chips. If the rice you're consuming is white, switch to brown rice. Go for low GI carbs. I imagine the less processed the foods are, it would help with your IBS as well, not to mention it would be healthier.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I’m finally for the first time in my life putting on weight! I need some advice but my situation is more complex then most. For the past 15 years I suffered from IBS, I have lifted on and off the since I was 14 and I’m 33 now. After 15 years of struggling to put weight I finally got my IBS in remission and in the past 4 months I have went from 6’ 1” 157 to 175. I’m getting stronger then ever and bigger then ever. I can’t believe the growth and strength I’ve experienced. But my mid section is growing also, not fat but getting their. I’m really perplexed if I should stop eating so much or just keep going. My diet is about 3000 calories a lot of rice, turkey, corn chips and beef. I have to exclude a lot of foods in order to keep my gut feeling good so my diet is a challenge. I was going to bulk to around 190 and then cut a little to around 185 and see were I go from that point. Any advice would be great. I lift HST 3 times a week. Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut 

contact the board owner, Bobo, through FLA Nutrition - Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, and Weight Loss Training Programs if you're serious about making gains and controlling the gut. If you've got the patience to stick out a good nutrition plan, it will be money well spent.

He's got nutrition WIRED.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.7%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    contact the board owner, Bobo, through FLA Nutrition - Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, and Weight Loss Training Programs if you're serious about making gains and controlling the gut. If you've got the patience to stick out a good nutrition plan, it will be money well spent.

He's got nutrition WIRED.
    I've thought about using Bobo but my diet is so specialized it I'm not sure if he could work with me.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I've thought about using Bobo but my diet is so specialized it I'm not sure if he could work with me.
    How do you mean specialized?
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.43%

It is probably specialized towards his IBS?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.98%

I'm sure he could, but just in case, just ask him.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

best bet is definetly Bobo, he can work around almost anything and you will be extremly happy with the results.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.7%

I donít eat milk, soy, eggs, wheat and processed foods and take no suppose except fiber, magnesium and zinc. So diet advice would be a real pain in the ass for me. But Iíll try Bobo a try, here soon.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.98%

Probably not a huge deal. In fact, I'm sure Bobo would prefer to be challenged than make a cookie cutter routine. That's just the way he is.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.7%

I’m embarrassed to say I bought a body fat calculator, the electronic calculator that you put your thumbs on and it measures you body fat with electricity and it gave me readings of 22% to 26%. I think everyone would agree that is way too much and I’m going to change my diet around a bit. Gone is my days of eating everything in sight. Do you guys think adding cardio would be too much.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 01:16 AM
  2. NIPS STARTING TO GET SENSITIVE WHILE ON AI?
    By Chuckbob500 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 12:36 PM
  3. putting on some weight
    By ag11 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
  4. i love this site but im starting to get angry
    By love2dip in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 10:58 PM
  5. I Must Say This Place Is Starting To Get Really Good!
    By Blindfaith in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 05:07 PM