Best weight gainer on the market?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW2492
    I use muscle juice 2544. I get 10 pounds for 50$ canadian . It has 10 grams of gluatmine per serving, 71 grams of protein ,196 grams of carbs, 27 grams of fat, and 1300 calories per serving.
    It also has about 86 grams of sugar per serving. Alot of that weight you gain will be fat.

I want to bulk up with mostly lean muscle, not fat.

I would personally recommend Universal Nutrition REAL GAINS Vanilla which is the weight gainer I'm taking now. It tastes great by itself and even better when you throw a banana in it.It tastes like a banana milkshake when I throw it in there. The powder is dense so it mixes great and it doesn't leave the shake clumpy and bulky.

Here's the nutritional content:

2. Ive tried real gains, That S**T works the bomb except watch you cholestrol levels. Or just take a break ever now and then'v
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by alguard
    Ive tried real gains, That S**T works the bomb except watch you cholestrol levels. Or just take a break ever now and then'v
    Really? Damn I've never thought of that? lol I just saw the cholesterol content right now

Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to cycle weight gainers if I can find one with lower cholesterol.

4. NEWSFLASH: Maltodextrin is technically not a sugar, but it acts just like one. It's a high GI carb and it's great at spiking insulin levels.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    NEWSFLASH: Maltodextrin is technically not a sugar, but it acts just like one. It's a high GI carb and it's great at spiking insulin levels.
    I've read that a Maltrodextrin/dextrose blend is optimal to include in your PWO shake.

6. I think 99% of the weight gainers on the market are crap, nothing more than a sure fire way to put on boatloads of water and fat weight and small amounts of muscle. I've though about this and next time I bulk i'll probably just use double servings of Prolabs Lean Mass Matrix, that way i'm getting 100% quality ingredients. The only gainer i tried was Mammoth 2500 by Interactive, it tasted good and gave me tons of energy but i put on stupid amounts of fat. It's not worth it. Nutrabolics Isogainer looks good as does MHP's up your mass, they have the right idea.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Steak
    * And pasta

8. Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy9
    I've read that a Maltrodextrin/dextrose blend is optimal to include in your PWO shake.
    So have I but I still think it's garbage.

9. Danny - read the nutrition forum or search for low GI post workout.

Dex/malto for post-WO is not optimal.

Unless you want a higher propenesity for body fat storage with your shake....

10. Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy9
    Like the others said, it's not really optimal. BUT, if you're going to have a low fat, high GI weight gainer, PWO is probably the best time. Either that or split it up so you drink a little at a time all day, thus avoiding the big insulin spike.
    •   

11. Actually - I think before-WO would be better in that regard Moyer.
    Then you have a much better chance at the carbs being used as fuel than deposited as blubbery fat (like what's over my abs).

12. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Danny - read the nutrition forum or search for low GI post workout.

Dex/malto for post-WO is not optimal.

Unless you want a higher propenesity for body fat storage with your shake....
    It's just something I heard...its not like I do it myself.

I could be less interested in how beneficial or not it is cause I'm not doing it.

I've read the nutrition forum.

13. Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy9
    It's just something I heard...its not like I do it myself.

I could be less interested in how beneficial or not it is cause I'm not doing it.

I've read the nutrition forum.
    Yet you just advocated the use of a weight gainer with malto as the first ingredient? If your not interested in learning then you are in the wrong place.

Edit: This in from your log.

AST VP2 Citrus Splash = Post Workout w/Gatorade

MHP Glutamine-SR = Post Workout w/Gatorade

Gatorade is dextrose
    Last edited by bpmartyr; 05-30-2006 at 02:55 AM.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

14. "Learn. Teach. Lead."

Right at the top of the page.

15. Krispy Kreme

16. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Yet you just advocated the use of a weight gainer with malto as the first ingredient? If your not interested in learning then you are in the wrong place.
    Sorry if I came off that way. I write pretty much to the point and I forget I'm on the internet and people might perceive what I'm saying 100 different ways. My apologies sir.

I apologize if I came off rude or arrogant. Those weren't my intentions....

I don't think a weight gainer with maltrodextrin would be extremely detrimental in any way because I'm not taking it PWO, would it? I thought that's what we were talking about....post workout nutrition?

17. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    cytogainer tastes soooooooooo good. only problem is i sh*t soooooo much. it gets annoying after a while. anybody else have this problem?
    yea it dose make you sh*t alot and if you look at that stuff it has like 150 mg of cholesterol witch is alot!!! I went to the Dr. and had some blood work done and my cholesterol was high so i told him what supps i was taking and he said to stop taking it or have a heart attack the stuff works real good i was kinda upset to have to stop taking this im gonna try ON pro complex gainer see how it works

18. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Gatorade is dextrose
    Yeah I know. I just started doing that about 4 weeks ago. Seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224
    im gonna try ON pro complex gainer see how it works
    I'm looking in investing in Pro Gainer also. The weight gainer I'm taking right now has a bunch of cholesterol (REAL GAINS)

19. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224
    yea it dose make you sh*t alot and if you look at that stuff it has like 150 mg of cholesterol witch is alot!!! I went to the Dr. and had some blood work done and my cholesterol was high so i told him what supps i was taking and he said to stop taking it or have a heart attack the stuff works real good i was kinda upset to have to stop taking this im gonna try ON pro complex gainer see how it works
    did u feel constipated/problems releasing gas while on cytogainer?

20. Cytogainer is the only weight gainer I use.

21. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    did u feel constipated/problems releasing gas while on cytogainer?

when i was taking 3 servings a day while on ergomax it was somewhat of a problembut i cut back to 1 1/2 servings and used some ON 100% whey in place of that also try some raisin bran or somthing high in fiber to help with constipation

22. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224
    when i was taking 3 servings a day while on ergomax it was somewhat of a problembut i cut back to 1 1/2 servings and used some ON 100% whey in place of that also try some raisin bran or somthing high in fiber to help with constipation
    well, it's definately the best tasting weight gainer ever. give u that.

23. 'Biotest sucks' comments aside, there new 'Metabolic Drive Complete' MRP/gainer looks an awesome ingredient list (with exception to their choice of fat used) although a tad on the expensive side.

Just finished up a bag of Serious Mass, had great results (or was it from the TST/TRN/superdrol). Good way to get a hell of a lot of calories on a semi clean bulk, since the scoop is more of a shovel, price is a winner too. I mixed in some ON Gold Standard to reduce the carbs and up the protein.

As people has stated making your own is often the best option

24. Anyone tried ErgoPharm Mass Meal? What'd you think of it?

25. finally got the ON pro complex gainer and its great I got double chocolate been takin it for a week now and im lovin it

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are the BEST Protein Bars on the Market?!?!
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 01:22 AM
  2. BEST APPETITE CURB on the market
    By Wonderman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 04:01 PM
  3. Best Test booster on the market?
    By mickyblues in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 06:37 AM
  4. Best creatine product on the market?!
    By IronStud33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM