HELP

zpalrangi13

zpalrangi13

Awards
I'm currently on a clean bulk and I'm eating 350cals above maintenance everyday, I start work 4.30am and is very easy for me to hit my macros and calories, however I feel like I can eat a lot more and sometimes still feel hungry after my meals, any suggestions on how to stay full? Please don't say drink more water lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much weight are you gaining on that surplus? As you gain weight, you will need to increase your cals. The hunger might be a sign of that.

Id you are gaining at a nice pace, lots of green veggies. Anything with fiber for a matter of fact. When you feel hungry, drink a bunch of water at once. You may feel bloated, but you won't feel hungry. Try adding more volume to your food. If you eat oatmeal, add more water and cook it longer it will fluff up nicely without being watery. That will hel keep your belly full

zpalrangi13

zpalrangi13

Awards
I've been on and off with my bulk for months and finally decided to get serious with it about 2 weeks ago, scale has not moved yet, should I increase my calories?? My macros are 240protein 400 carbs 71fats... Or should I keep my surplus at 350??

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your goal is to gain weight, and you have not done so, then yes, you need more calories.

jaces

jaces

Awards
maybe cut 1 meal and add its contens to the other meals

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Whole milk with your protein. 1 cup of oats or 3 panacakes before bed .

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
eat like 1k over your maint and work harder in the gym, Gains will come young jedi, gains will come :)

once you see the needle moving in a positive direction, dial it back just a bit and see if you keep packing on size, if you don't up it again but a smaller amount than you dialed back- my 2cents.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
I definitely agree with upping calories at this point.

To feel more satisfied, try: (as much as I hate saying it) diet sodas (helps my gf on mini cuts), eating more starches as opposed to other carb sources (oatmeal and bagels >>>>>), and yes, more greens and fibers may help with satiety.

Good luck to you! Hope I could be of assistance!

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
OP, have you been gaining weight on your current calorie intake? Your maintenance may be higher than what you've calculated if you still feel hungry all the time. If you're not gaining at the rate you'd like to on a weekly basis, I'd suggest slowly upping the calories.

Holland

Holland

Awards
Try to intake more fiber fiber helps you feel fuller.

MBZ

Awards
Definitely up the cals again. I like to let my gut tell me when it's time to be eating more. If I'm still hungry, I up the cals slightly.