Bulking macros

BroByron

Awards
I've been eating on average 70g carbs / 50g protein / 20g fats each meal for a bulk. I eat about 6-7 times a day. I feel it's been working good but I feel I could prolly be eating a better ratio maybe less carbs and more fat. Any suggestions?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've been eating on average 70g carbs / 50g protein / 20g fats each meal for a bulk. I eat about 6-7 times a day. I feel it's been working good but I feel I could prolly be eating a better ratio maybe less carbs and more fat. Any suggestions?

350g protein?
What is your weight?

BroByron

Awards
I think it's closer to 40g of protein so that's about 290 a day. Too much? I'm 200lbs

BroByron

Awards
I eat 6 times a day. That's five meals and one in a protein carb shake

BroByron

Awards
Just looked back at my notes and I actually on average eat 75 Carbs / 35-40 protein / 15 fat. 6 times a day

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So you're thinking 290 at 200lbs?

Higher than necessary but if you enjoy it and energy is good its not a hinderance

BroByron

Awards
So you'd say my carbs and fat are as they should be

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So you'd say my carbs and fat are as they should be
Fats are at a good amount, carbs I only ever change if I need a caloric total change as protein stays the same; or if energy levels suffer.

How are you doing with those so far?
Rate of weight gain?

BroByron

Awards
I never really change my protein either. I'll lower carbs if cutting and put them up if bulking. I've heard different things on what rule to go by with determining protein amount. What rule do you go by for that

BroByron

Awards
I am in the middle of a cycle atm and that was the rate of gain before I started

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
I just dirty bulk haha. Well not really. I try not to eat a bunch of crap but I just eat 6 meals a day and don't count. Once in a while I count to make sure I'm hitting high cals with enough protein, fat and carbs. When you do it long enough it's easy to eyeball. With that said... I don't have the balls to do this during a cut or maintenence.

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
So you're thinking 290 at 200lbs?

Higher than necessary but if you enjoy it and energy is good its not a hinderance
Yeah it won't hurt to have too much protein but it also won't help either. If he's taking protein shakes and getting too much protein then it's just pretty much wasting protein.... fecal waste xD haha

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
My $.02 would be to drop carbs and start doing more of a recomp style gaining cycle...at 16% bf you're getting into the realm of diminishing returns from a bulk

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah it won't hurt to have too much protein but it also won't help either. If he's taking protein shakes and getting too much protein then it's just pretty much wasting protein.... fecal waste xD haha
Actually, excess protein quantities could have negative effects on dieting... but thats another topic

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
Actually, excess protein quantities could have negative effects on dieting... but thats another topic
Yes. Especially if your protein is high because your fats and carbs are low. That's why it's good to keep track macros whether your bulking, cutting, or maintaining.

jaces

jaces

Awards
lots of debate on this one... mainly because gluconeogenesis uses both triglycerides and aminoacids to form glucose when plasma glucose levels are low..but more than 1.2-1.5g per pound would be a waste

Inspiration44

Awards
Way too much protein. Unless you weigh 350lbs. Also yes your carbs seem very high, your fats seem high as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 10
big_pete Bulking 20
u_e_s_i Nutrition / Health 7
Bulking 1
Bulking 3