Missing a post workout meal once in a while???

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
So say a guy is really dedicated to getting that post workout meal in after every workout. They drink their Whey and then within the hour they eat a meal. Such as Chicken, Rice, and Asparagus.

But one day they go to the gym and they lift. They drink their Whey but do not eat a post workout meal consisting of whole foods.

Will this really have that big of an effect on their gains if they still fill their macros throughout the rest of the day?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Thank you David. You taking the time to reply to my question is much appreciated.

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
Even without your protein shake post workout, would be ok. You would probably still be digesting your pre-workout meal, lunch/breakfast or whatever.
:)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe the main thing is to get some protein post workout, Shake or meal, both feed the muscle.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Meal timing is irrelevant

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So say a guy is really dedicated to getting that post workout meal in after every workout.

But one day they go to the gym and they lift. They drink their Whey but do not eat a post workout meal consisting of whole foods.
Sounds like they aren't as dedicated as originally stated.

If only they had a Planet Fitness to go to, for that emergency pizza slice...

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
TBH my postworkout shake holds me down for 2 hrs until I have the need to eat but yah I'm not a pro either :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Sounds like they aren't as dedicated as originally stated.

If only they had a Planet Fitness to go to, for that emergency pizza slice...
Yes!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
unless im cutting i never miss a post workout meal and even when im cutting i still have my shake.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In general meal timing doesn't matter unless you are training fasted.

BrianFitness

BrianFitness

Awards
So say a guy is really dedicated to getting that post workout meal in after every workout. They drink their Whey and then within the hour they eat a meal. Such as Chicken, Rice, and Asparagus.

Will this really have that big of an effect on their gains if they still fill their macros throughout the rest of the day?
Nope!
Just as long as they fulfill their daily macros!

TexasGuy

Awards
You might die, OP. Be more responsible.

Edit: I do believe in pre and post training protein intake, especially as I personally lift in the morning and a night of fasting has gone by. One missed meal here and there won't have any noticeable effect on your gains though.