Im needing a good protein for recovery and growth..

Kris87

Awards
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to finding a good protein shake for fast recovery and to help with the growth.. thanks

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I like Now brand 100% Whey Isolate as my go to for supplemental protein. It can be had in bulk for under $10/lb and is great quality. If you have a bit more money and want delicious options I've heard allot of good things about the PES Select line.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to finding a good protein shake for fast recovery and to help with the growth.. thanks
im a myo fusion junkie lol. Love that ****.

Kris87

Awards
I like Now brand 100% Whey Isolate as my go to for supplemental protein. It can be had in bulk for under $10/lb and is great quality. If you have a bit more money and want delicious options I've heard allot of good things about the PES Select line.[/ QUOTE]

I was told to stay away from whey by a couple ppl. Not sure y

healthfanatic

healthfanatic

Awards
Get a good whey isolate, casein and carb blend. PES select, trutein are good proteins... Or buy the 3 separately. I've found that 15-20g whey, 15-20g casein, and 30-40g dextrose after a workout is my best option for recovery without fat gain.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Any protein will do really...

rnoorani

rnoorani

Awards
I do truenutrition.com. You can make your own custom blend and price is reasonable.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I like ProNom23 and IForce Protean or Isotean depending on what you are looking for, my favorite flavors are usually vanilla - which I think makes me weird by most people's standards. Vanilla Mint Swirl was amazing.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ive found some real quality protiens from companies like iForce,PES, VPX, and a few others Pronom 23 is deffinately tastey stuff!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I am a fan of Isotean right after my workouts.

Though I have to ask, if you dont think you are recovering, are you eating enough? A protein shake right after your workout wont be the only thing to solve your issue.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
A lot of proteins are good. You should give the Iforce Protean!

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Awards
Does anyone have any feedback on ******* protein? Its among the cheapest available where I live; the ingredients don't look to bad I don't think. But I'm not an expert on ingredient profiles for supplements.

rj123

Awards
Check out karb rageous protein powder it's made from sweet potatoes. Marshmallow cinnamon flavor is really good

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only use ON Hydro Whey around workouts, and IsoPure when using a blender.

I don't bother with casein or blends anymore. Whole foods are much better when looking for time released proteins. Casein = too much calcium and it blocks mineral absorption. The only time you really should have a shake is around a workout, or I guess first thing in the morning.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicken, beef, venison and liver protein tabs. I personally drink protein shakes for calories, not quality.

There is nothing better tasting than BSN Syntha-6. However, this is because it has a fair amount of fats and carbs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anything but muscle milk lol
Vanilla muscle milk mixed with 4 shots of espresso is my guilty pleasure. At least 4-5 times a week lol
Only for the taste though...so good with coffee. It's a bit like candy, not really the best product haha

biggold

Awards
Vanilla muscle milk mixed with 4 shots of espresso is my guilty pleasure. At least 4-5 times a week lol
Only for the taste though...so good with coffee. It's a bit like candy, not really the best product haha
Can't blame you for that, muscle milk is definitely the best tasting protein powder. It just has to many fillers and extra vitamins that doesn't make it ideal for a protein shake.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use the pre-mixed muscle milk in my coffee. The texture is the best, far better than milk or cream and it mixes really well in my coffee, no clumping. But this has nothing to do with effective protein powders haha, I just love the taste ya

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I use the pre-mixed muscle milk in my coffee. The texture is the best, far better than milk or cream and it mixes really well in my coffee, no clumping. But this has nothing to do with effective protein powders haha, I just love the taste ya
Lol I use the pre made one in the morning, I soak my oatmeal in half a bottle overnight then microwave it with some frozen berries then top with a banana. The best breakfast. Ever.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol I use the pre made one in the morning, I soak my oatmeal in half a bottle overnight then microwave it with some frozen berries then top with a banana. The best breakfast. Ever.
I've somehow started using pre-made vanilla muscle milk as a base for my blender shakes now, when making really high calorie shakes.

3/4 of a vanilla muscle milk (about 20g of whatever the protein blend is)
2 scoops of IsoPure Whey (banana flavor) (50g)
2 handfuls of frozen blueberries
1 handful of frozen strawberries
3 huge tablespoons of peanut butter

I have NO idea the macros / cals in this, but it must be a lot hahaha... The nice part is that I don't get indigestion with so much protein in it as well. Must be due to the blend and all the fat in the shake. I've been having 1-2 of these a day, and using the leftover muscle milk in my coffee.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I've somehow started using pre-made vanilla muscle milk as a base for my blender shakes now, when making really high calorie shakes. 3/4 of a vanilla muscle milk (about 20g of whatever the protein blend is) 2 scoops of IsoPure Whey (banana flavor) (50g) 2 handfuls of frozen blueberries 1 handful of frozen strawberries 3 huge tablespoons of peanut butter I have NO idea the macros / cals in this, but it must be a lot hahaha... The nice part is that I don't get indigestion with so much protein in it as well. Must be due to the blend and all the fat in the shake. I've been having 1-2 of these a day, and using the leftover muscle milk in my coffee.
Might have to try that shake. Doesn't sound bad at all.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Milk, banana, strawberries, protien, penutbutter

Last edited:
johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Chicken, beef, venison and liver protein tabs. I personally drink protein shakes for calories, not quality.

There is nothing better tasting than BSN Syntha-6. However, this is because it has a fair amount of fats and carbs.
Agreed venison, chicken, fresh fish much better quality, shakes are just a convience, little shake real quick after a workout

justhealth

Awards
Protein is vital for the proper functioning of the body,but mostly people do not acquire sufficient protein in their food so protein supplements are the best way for good health and fast recovery.