Im needing a good protein for recovery and growth..

  1. Im needing a good protein for recovery and growth..


    I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to finding a good protein shake for fast recovery and to help with the growth.. thanks


  2. I like Now brand 100% Whey Isolate as my go to for supplemental protein. It can be had in bulk for under $10/lb and is great quality. If you have a bit more money and want delicious options I've heard allot of good things about the PES Select line.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Kris87 View Post
    I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to finding a good protein shake for fast recovery and to help with the growth.. thanks
    im a myo fusion junkie lol. Love that ****.
    •   
       


  4. Do u go with the elite or probiotic

  5. [QUOTE=Mikeyjd;4343853]I like Now brand 100% Whey Isolate as my go to for supplemental protein. It can be had in bulk for under $10/lb and is great quality. If you have a bit more money and want delicious options I've heard allot of good things about the PES Select line.[/ QUOTE]

    I was told to stay away from whey by a couple ppl. Not sure y

  6. Get a good whey isolate, casein and carb blend. PES select, trutein are good proteins... Or buy the 3 separately. I've found that 15-20g whey, 15-20g casein, and 30-40g dextrose after a workout is my best option for recovery without fat gain.

  7. Any protein will do really...
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  8. I do truenutrition.com. You can make your own custom blend and price is reasonable.

  9. I like ProNom23 and IForce Protean or Isotean depending on what you are looking for, my favorite flavors are usually vanilla - which I think makes me weird by most people's standards. Vanilla Mint Swirl was amazing.

  10. ive found some real quality protiens from companies like iForce,PES, VPX, and a few others Pronom 23 is deffinately tastey stuff!
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  11. I am a fan of Isotean right after my workouts.

    Though I have to ask, if you dont think you are recovering, are you eating enough? A protein shake right after your workout wont be the only thing to solve your issue.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

  12. A lot of proteins are good. You should give the Iforce Protean!

  13. Anything but muscle milk lol

  14. Does anyone have any feedback on ******* protein? Its among the cheapest available where I live; the ingredients don't look to bad I don't think. But I'm not an expert on ingredient profiles for supplements.

  15. Check out karb rageous protein powder it's made from sweet potatoes. Marshmallow cinnamon flavor is really good

  16. Dymatize ISO 100 all day.

  17. I only use ON Hydro Whey around workouts, and IsoPure when using a blender.

    I don't bother with casein or blends anymore. Whole foods are much better when looking for time released proteins. Casein = too much calcium and it blocks mineral absorption. The only time you really should have a shake is around a workout, or I guess first thing in the morning.

  18. Chicken, beef, venison and liver protein tabs. I personally drink protein shakes for calories, not quality.

    There is nothing better tasting than BSN Syntha-6. However, this is because it has a fair amount of fats and carbs.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by biggold View Post
    Anything but muscle milk lol
    But muscle milk tastes so good! Haha

  20. Quote Originally Posted by biggold View Post
    Anything but muscle milk lol
    Vanilla muscle milk mixed with 4 shots of espresso is my guilty pleasure. At least 4-5 times a week lol
    Only for the taste though...so good with coffee. It's a bit like candy, not really the best product haha

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Vanilla muscle milk mixed with 4 shots of espresso is my guilty pleasure. At least 4-5 times a week lol
    Only for the taste though...so good with coffee. It's a bit like candy, not really the best product haha
    Can't blame you for that, muscle milk is definitely the best tasting protein powder. It just has to many fillers and extra vitamins that doesn't make it ideal for a protein shake.

  22. I use the pre-mixed muscle milk in my coffee. The texture is the best, far better than milk or cream and it mixes really well in my coffee, no clumping. But this has nothing to do with effective protein powders haha, I just love the taste ya

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I use the pre-mixed muscle milk in my coffee. The texture is the best, far better than milk or cream and it mixes really well in my coffee, no clumping. But this has nothing to do with effective protein powders haha, I just love the taste ya
    Lol I use the pre made one in the morning, I soak my oatmeal in half a bottle overnight then microwave it with some frozen berries then top with a banana. The best breakfast. Ever.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Lol I use the pre made one in the morning, I soak my oatmeal in half a bottle overnight then microwave it with some frozen berries then top with a banana. The best breakfast. Ever.
    I've somehow started using pre-made vanilla muscle milk as a base for my blender shakes now, when making really high calorie shakes.

    3/4 of a vanilla muscle milk (about 20g of whatever the protein blend is)
    2 scoops of IsoPure Whey (banana flavor) (50g)
    2 handfuls of frozen blueberries
    1 handful of frozen strawberries
    3 huge tablespoons of peanut butter

    I have NO idea the macros / cals in this, but it must be a lot hahaha... The nice part is that I don't get indigestion with so much protein in it as well. Must be due to the blend and all the fat in the shake. I've been having 1-2 of these a day, and using the leftover muscle milk in my coffee.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I've somehow started using pre-made vanilla muscle milk as a base for my blender shakes now, when making really high calorie shakes. 3/4 of a vanilla muscle milk (about 20g of whatever the protein blend is) 2 scoops of IsoPure Whey (banana flavor) (50g) 2 handfuls of frozen blueberries 1 handful of frozen strawberries 3 huge tablespoons of peanut butter I have NO idea the macros / cals in this, but it must be a lot hahaha... The nice part is that I don't get indigestion with so much protein in it as well. Must be due to the blend and all the fat in the shake. I've been having 1-2 of these a day, and using the leftover muscle milk in my coffee.
    Might have to try that shake. Doesn't sound bad at all.

  26. Milk, banana, strawberries, protien, penutbutter
    Last edited by johnny411; 04-16-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: wrong word

  27. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Chicken, beef, venison and liver protein tabs. I personally drink protein shakes for calories, not quality.

    There is nothing better tasting than BSN Syntha-6. However, this is because it has a fair amount of fats and carbs.
    Agreed venison, chicken, fresh fish much better quality, shakes are just a convience, little shake real quick after a workout

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Might have to try that shake. Doesn't sound bad at all.

    PB&J all day! Tastes amazing

  29. Protein is vital for the proper functioning of the body,but mostly people do not acquire sufficient protein in their food so protein supplements are the best way for good health and fast recovery.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM
  2. Need a good protein/energy bar for preworkout
    By mondata in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
  3. need a good cycle for my reentry to the dark side
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  4. Need sum Good protein for low $
    By shotdead42 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM
  5. I need some good ideas for a tattoo.
    By planetfuzz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Log in
Log in