Gaining Muscle/Strength + Losing Fat Simultaneously DIET HELP

Jlew98

Awards
Hey guys I'm a college football player, and the offseason starts January 14th It's time to get serious this time!

Here are my current stats:

Age - 19
Height - 6'2"
Weight - 290
Body fat - 28%

I want to get STRONGER, but lose FAT at the same time. I'm not worried about the running/lifting because we have professional guys that know what they're doing.

I'm more concerned about the diet and how to balance my macronutrients for each day.

I read an article on bodybuilding .com and it explains the diet to Gain muscle/Lose fat....

The diet is divided up into 2 separate phases, the low calorie low/carbohydrate portion and the high calorie/high carb portion. Here are the guidelines:

Low calorie/low carb portion
Duration - All day on weight training off days and 1/2 day on weight training days.
Caloric intake - 10-12 x bodyweight
Macronutrient ratio - 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carbohydrate

High calorie/high carb portion
Duration - on weight training days only. From the beginning of the weight training session until bedtime.
Caloric intake - The same amount as you would take in during a normal low calorie day but these calories are to be consumed in a time span of 6-8 hours. ( 10-12 x bw or 1600-1900 calories for a 160-pound individual)
Macronutrient ratio - 20% protein 5% fat and 75% carbohydrate

Maintenance calorie/carb portion
Duration - weekends
Caloric intake - 15 x bodyweight

Any advice? seems like a good plan to me.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I'm a college football player, and the offseason starts January 14th It's time to get serious this time!

Here are my current stats:

Age - 19
Height - 6'2"
Weight - 290
Body fat - 28%

I want to get STRONGER, but lose FAT at the same time. I'm not worried about the running/lifting because we have professional guys that know what they're doing.

I'm more concerned about the diet and how to balance my macronutrients for each day.

I read an article on bodybuilding .com and it explains the diet to Gain muscle/Lose fat....

The diet is divided up into 2 separate phases, the low calorie low/carbohydrate portion and the high calorie/high carb portion. Here are the guidelines:

Low calorie/low carb portion
Duration - All day on weight training off days and 1/2 day on weight training days.
Caloric intake - 10-12 x bodyweight

High calorie/high carb portion
Duration - on weight training days only. From the beginning of the weight training session until bedtime.
Caloric intake - The same amount as you would take in during a normal low calorie day but these calories are to be consumed in a time span of 6-8 hours. ( 10-12 x bw or 1600-1900 calories for a 160-pound individual)
Macronutrient ratio - 20% protein 5% fat and 75% carbohydrate

Maintenance calorie/carb portion
Duration - weekends
Caloric intake - 15 x bodyweight

Any advice? seems like a good plan to me.
Strength is a skill, improving that skill means practicing that skill. You want more muscle but lose fat? Your going to need to be extremely dedicated to your diet.
Tracking every little calorie, no drinking on the weekends. Keep protein high and don't skimp on healthy fats.
On non training days lower your carb intake and total calories just like your article mentioned.

Google calorie zig zag, lean gains may also work for you.
In the end what you need is to find a plan that will work with your lifestyle and allow you to commit and stick with the plan.
Eat clean, and workout hard and you should be able to gain strength without fat gain and maybe even lose some fat, but it's hard and slow progress.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
Find a diet, low carb/high protien, whatever it is and be consisitent...the reason most diets fail for poeple who are trying to lose wieght is that they dont follow through.