favorite bulking food, semi "dirty"

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Oh man lately I've been addicted to the Tyson honey glazed chicken wings...that's been my favorite bulking food as of late if that's considered dirty, oh well ha

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
TGI Fridays steak fajitas or shadybrook turkey meat balls

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
homemade ground turkey sloppy joes..

99% fat free....but I dump a bottle of BBQ sauce in it w/ the rest of the ingredients

I justify it by using a wheat bun

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pizza. I justify it by the fact that I enjoy pizza. :laugh:

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
Honey glazed wings are a guilty pleasure, also milano cookies... a bag of those bad boys is like 1200 calories BOOM!

Drock1234

Awards
I like homemade protein cookies AKA calorie pucks. I got this recipe from here and there are a lot of variations floating around...

1.5 cups protein powder
1 jar almond butter
1 egg
0.5 cup coconut flakes
0.5 cup chocolate chips
0.5 cup raw honey
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Bake for 8 min @ 350F

1 cookie = 350 cal, 26 ch, 23 f, 14 p

Makes about 13 cookies

Eat 1 or 2 of these between meals. Satisfies junk food cravings and will def help you meet your bulking/calorie goals.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While this definitely goes down as semi-dirty in my book, too many guys on this board would consider this "clean" since everyone seems to advocate a high fat diet these days. A PB&J done with whole grain bread, Omega-3 JIF PB, and low sugar or sugarless jam isn't all that dirty, imo. Still has the calories but with less fatty consequences. Yet, it still isn't anything as clean as Tilapia and Brown Rice.

pmdied

Awards
Anyone drink a little beer during you're bulk phase? I'm not talking a six-pack at night, but a couple of beers here and there?

BeastFitness1

BeastFitness1

Awards
Anyone drink a little beer during you're bulk phase? I'm not talking a six-pack at night, but a couple of beers here and there?
Not me I find other ways to put on the weight. Not judging I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I'm a big fan of cheese sticks. A great snack with protein and around 100 calories it fits into any meal

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What's "semi dirty" or "semi clean"? Does it mean you dropped it on the ground and picked it up according to the 5 second rule? If so then...

Church Chicken Biscuits, according to the "semi dirty" premise I guess I would drop them 3.5-4 seconds and then pick them up, brush the dust off (because everyone knows dirty dusted foods cause fat gains, and not extreme caloric surplus, I mean DUH!) and then eat them :).

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
What's "semi dirty" or "semi clean"? Does it mean you dropped it on the ground and picked it up according to the 5 second rule? If so then...

Church Chicken Biscuits, according to the "semi dirty" premise I guess I would drop them 3.5-4 seconds and then pick them up, brush the dust off (because everyone knows dirty dusted foods cause fat gains, and not extreme caloric surplus, I mean DUH!) and then eat them :).
Lol always with the literal word interpretations. You'd get along great with my friend that I'm logging with. And u can both make fun of clean and dirty food XD

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a problem with a beer every once and a while, or even one a day as long as you work the carbs into your diet. I don't do this myself, but I don't really see the issue. Just looked up bass (my go to beer) and it contains zero sugar and only 160 cals.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol always with the literal word interpretations. You'd get along great with my friend that I'm logging with. And u can both make fun of clean and dirty food XD
Thing is, the term "dirty" was initially used to describe a food that caused excessive fat gain. This included foods: high in fat, high in simple sugars, or highly refined foods. Basically, anything that has a greater chance to be partitioned into fat cells rather than muscle glycogen/amino uptake.

In that case, Peanut Butter, non-whole grain breads, jelly, jam, sugar, honey, etc etc. Any type of frozen meals other than veggies, various red meats like Rib-eyes, cheeses...you get my drift.

But since the internet community doesn't observe high fat content as a bad thing towards staying lean, then it becomes hard to even identify what a "dirty" meal is, if it even exists. Personally, I'm in the middle-of-the road when it comes to dirty stuff. I say its relative to your goals.

When I am bulking, "dirty" consist of highly refined meals, carbs, etc. and maybe a few fat sources like deep fried foods and anything like cookies, cakes and sweets in general.

When I am cutting, everything outside of chicken, tilapia, veggies, potatoes and brown rice is "dirty" lol.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Onion Blossom from Outback Steakhouse. Dirty but tasty.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
idk what "dirty" is suppose to mean but i love me some white chocolate and caramel

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Armenian style xorovats' and pork/lamb shishkebab

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Onion Blossom from Outback Steakhouse. Dirty but tasty.
Calories - 1996
Total Fat - 160g
Total Carb - 115g
Protein - 17g

Fats:
Saturated - 48g

Fiber - 15g (pretty decent actually)

yeah, thats a dirty meal, lol

RockNRollaX

Awards
While this definitely goes down as semi-dirty in my book, too many guys on this board would consider this "clean" since everyone seems to advocate a high fat diet these days. A PB&J done with whole grain bread, Omega-3 JIF PB, and low sugar or sugarless jam isn't all that dirty, imo. Still has the calories but with less fatty consequences. Yet, it still isn't anything as clean as Tilapia and Brown Rice.

JIF? get some quality almond butter! And they make sugerless jam? News to me..it must have some fake sweetener in it yea?

RockNRollaX

Awards
Armenian style xorovats' and pork/lamb shishkebab
Ah man I like your style. Get some tzatziki on there.. mm I might have to hit up my favorite turkish restaurant tonight!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JIF? get some quality almond butter! And they make sugerless jam? News to me..it must have some fake sweetener in it yea?
Maltodextrin - the exact same stuff I use as a carb shake. Fills muscle glycogen better than any other sugar and its cheap.

I like my JIF. Don't kid yourself, the only thing we get out of peanut/almond butter is fat calories. And since the saturated fats myth has been challenged, I say there is no option better than the next. Whichever tastes good is the one to go with.

TexasGuy

Awards
I generally go for a clean bulk but I must say my current favorite bulking food is to mix a bowl of peanut butter and chocolate chips, microwave until it is soft and about as liquid as peanut butter gets without burning and sticking to the bowl, then stirring in a scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder and washing it all down with a couple glasses of milk. Really ****ing delicious.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I generally go for a clean bulk but I must say my current favorite bulking food is to mix a bowl of peanut butter and chocolate chips, microwave until it is soft and about as liquid as peanut butter gets without burning and sticking to the bowl, then stirring in a scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder and washing it all down with a couple glasses of milk. Really ****ing delicious.
Dam that sounds good!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 rotisserie chicken
1 bag sweet potato fries
Squirt BBQ sauce all over the two

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Ah man I like your style. Get some tzatziki on there.. mm I might have to hit up my favorite turkish restaurant tonight!
Hell yeah man! If your going to a Turkish restaraunt I recommend you try two Azeri/Turk dishes. One is called Boghlama, and the other is Kufta-bozbash.

TexasGuy

Awards
No joke, the best gyro I've ever had was off a street vendor in Manhatten. I had the ****s for days but it was damn good.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No joke, the best gyro I've ever had was off a street vendor in Manhatten. I had the ****s for days but it was damn good.
I'm in the CG and used to be stationed in NY. Id pull into a marina around Battery Park during a long patrol and walk up and get a gyro from a street vendor. Street vendors are amazing and definetly don't hold back on quantity.

TexasGuy

Awards
I'm in the CG and used to be stationed in NY. Id pull into a marina around Battery Park during a long patrol and walk up and get a gyro from a street vendor. Street vendors are amazing and definetly don't hold back on quantity.
Yeah, we went to some pretty nice restaruants while there but the vendor food was the best for sure. And Scores strip club but I wouldn't eat anything there if you paid me :banana:

airbull

airbull

Awards
Whole wheat bread, one slice with Nutella the other with just natty peanut butter. Slice up a banana and cover one half.. Takes the edge off of that sweet tooth.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Red baron mini pizzas with extra mozz and turkey pep

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calories - 1996
Total Fat - 160g
Total Carb - 115g
Protein - 17g

Fats:
Saturated - 48g

Fiber - 15g (pretty decent actually)

yeah, thats a dirty meal, lol
split it with someone and have some chicken and ur good for the day!

Heavyappetite

Heavyappetite

Awards
1kg rack of pork ribs with chips.

Is that classified as dirty? Even without chips?

lol.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Large 8 corner deep dish Jet's pizza.

432 calories a slice
19g fat
44g carbs
21g protein
3,456 calories total

That's what I'm talking about!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steak n Egg burrito

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Oh man lately I've been addicted to the Tyson honey glazed chicken wings...that's been my favorite bulking food as of late if that's considered dirty, oh well ha
Rice and beans:-(
I know for some that's not that bad, but I can't get rice during prep as a starch because I still fluff up, so I stick to my potatoes and oats:)
If it doesn't have to be super clean or semi dirty though, I'm always down for some spicy Thai style shrimp fried rice!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rice and beans:-(
I know for some that's not that bad, but I can't get rice during prep as a starch because I still fluff up, so I stick to my potatoes and oats:)
If it doesn't have to be super clean or semi dirty though, I'm always down for some spicy Thai style shrimp fried rice!
Rice & Beans? You sound like your on a comp diet.

On the subject of chicken mentioned earlier, I appreciate Buffalo Wild Wings boneless and bone-in varieties w/ a tall Dos Equis Amber.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ice cream, donuts, turnovers, cereal, cake, and whatever else I can get my hands on.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rockme

rockme

Awards
Homemade cheeseburger. If done right, it can actually be very clean!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Homemade cheeseburger. If done right, it can actually be very clean!
Easily. Deer burger + all the fixins and a whole grain bun. I do it all the time. That isn't a cheat meal to me though. It's just an ideal PWO meal.