favorite bulking food, semi "dirty"

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Sr_505's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    132914
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    57.36%

    Large 8 corner deep dish Jet's pizza.

    432 calories a slice
    19g fat
    44g carbs
    21g protein
    3,456 calories total

    That's what I'm talking about!

  2. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928438
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Steak n Egg burrito
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  3. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44499
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan View Post
    Oh man lately I've been addicted to the Tyson honey glazed chicken wings...that's been my favorite bulking food as of late if that's considered dirty, oh well ha
    Rice and beans:-(
    I know for some that's not that bad, but I can't get rice during prep as a starch because I still fluff up, so I stick to my potatoes and oats:-)
    If it doesn't have to be super clean or semi dirty though, I'm always down for some spicy Thai style shrimp fried rice!
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Rice and beans:-(
    I know for some that's not that bad, but I can't get rice during prep as a starch because I still fluff up, so I stick to my potatoes and oats:-)
    If it doesn't have to be super clean or semi dirty though, I'm always down for some spicy Thai style shrimp fried rice!
    Rice & Beans? You sound like your on a comp diet.

    On the subject of chicken mentioned earlier, I appreciate Buffalo Wild Wings boneless and bone-in varieties w/ a tall Dos Equis Amber.
  5. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629268
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ice cream, donuts, turnovers, cereal, cake, and whatever else I can get my hands on.
  6. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928438
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ice cream, donuts, turnovers, cereal, cake, and whatever else I can get my hands on.
    I got a semi reading this!! Lmao
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629268
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF

    I got a semi reading this!! Lmao
    Haha I must get really dirty eating it then.
  8. New Member
    theOCdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    452650
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    4.92%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Chocolate/Nutella filled pancakes all day.
  9. New Member
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    2873
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

    Homemade cheeseburger. If done right, it can actually be very clean!
  10. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Homemade cheeseburger. If done right, it can actually be very clean!
    Easily. Deer burger + all the fixins and a whole grain bun. I do it all the time. That isn't a cheat meal to me though. It's just an ideal PWO meal.
  11. New Member
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    2873
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Easily. Deer burger + all the fixins and a whole grain bun. I do it all the time. That isn't a cheat meal to me though. It's just an ideal PWO meal.
    Yeah. I use grass fed 90% lean ground beef patties
  12. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    1214966
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Oatmeal can be an awesome bulking food. 300 calories for 1 cup add protien powder(120 calories)2 spoonfuls of peanut butter (190 calories) plus some whipped cream and blue berries. Prepair with milk and there's 150 more calories.
    Close to 700 without milk plenty of good carbs ect....

    Now for the dirty part ...I add Reese's chips and chocolate syrup for an extra 100 to 200 calories .
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  13. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Oatmeal can be an awesome bulking food. 300 calories for 1 cup add protien powder(120 calories)2 spoonfuls of peanut butter (190 calories) plus some whipped cream and blue berries. Prepair with milk and there's 150 more calories.
    Close to 700 without milk plenty of good carbs ect....

    Now for the dirty part ...I add Reese's chips and chocolate syrup for an extra 100 to 200 calories .
    True, but that much oatmeal will likely stay with you for a long time. I basically have figured out that appetite stimulating foods are those high in carbs and moderately low to very to in protein and fats with a moderate to low amount of fiber. There's only two different times in the day that those kind of calories can be consumed without worry of fat deposits - first meal and PWO.

    With all that considered, I've noticed two really good bulking meals that serve as a high calorie adder w/ appetite stimulating effects when eaten in the morning and PWO.

    Cream of wheat/rice
    Local Honey
    Banana or other fruits
    Depending on how much wheat/rice you use, and given (1) banana and (2) TBSP of honey your looking at anywhere from 450-750 calories.




    Thomas Hearty Whole Grain Bagels - 250 calories
    JIF Omega-3 Peanut Butter - 190 calories per serving
    Local Honey - 60-120 calories


    500-560 kcals, only this one is relatively low in fat at somewhere around ~ 10g fat total (between 16-19% fat calories). The rest is mainly carbs and about 12-15% of the meal is made up of protein.

    Needless to say these meals slide right through you. Especially the Cream of Rice setup since it actually has zero fat it in. Stuff doesn't stay in the stomach long! These meals eaten first thing in the AM is almost like it never happened, appetite-wise.
  14. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    1214966
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    True, but that much oatmeal will likely stay with you for a long time. I basically have figured out that appetite stimulating foods are those high in carbs and moderately low to very to in protein and fats with a moderate to low amount of fiber. There's only two different times in the day that those kind of calories can be consumed without worry of fat deposits - first meal and PWO.

    With all that considered, I've noticed two really good bulking meals that serve as a high calorie adder w/ appetite stimulating effects when eaten in the morning and PWO.

    Cream of wheat/rice
    Local Honey
    Banana or other fruits
    Depending on how much wheat/rice you use, and given (1) banana and (2) TBSP of honey your looking at anywhere from 450-750 calories.

    Thomas Hearty Whole Grain Bagels - 250 calories
    JIF Omega-3 Peanut Butter - 190 calories per serving
    Local Honey - 60-120 calories

    500-560 kcals, only this one is relatively low in fat at somewhere around ~ 10g fat total (between 16-19% fat calories). The rest is mainly carbs and about 12-15% of the meal is made up of protein.

    Needless to say these meals slide right through you. Especially the Cream of Rice setup since it actually has zero fat it in. Stuff doesn't stay in the stomach long! These meals eaten first thing in the AM is almost like it never happened, appetite-wise.
    Oatmeal doesn't make me hungry haha.
    Bowl of brown ( or white) rice *300 calories* breaded chicken soaked in teritaki sauce mixed with corn and 1 to 3 egg rolls.

    The way I prepare this its about 600 to 700 calories.

    Another dish is breaded shrimp mixed with spaghetti noodles in a ragu sauce of some kind with added bread sticks.
    The way I prepare it comes out to around 700 to 800 calories.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  15. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    234087
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    43.27%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    tacos not overly dirty save for the fact that I'll kill 2Lbs of ground beef in one sitting when i make them
  16. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If you train insane every day, nothing is too "dirty". The only crime is to not eat....
  17. New Member
    JBVA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    45
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    72.04%

    My girlfriend chops up 2lbs of Italian sausage and throws it in a pan with potatoes, green peppers, red peppers, onions, garlic and smothers it in Sweet Baby Rays then cooks it on low heat in the oven for about 2 hours. I could eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"
  18. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,577
    Rep Power
    1513006
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    sweet baby rays on anything is delicious
  19. New Member
    Gw44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    90507
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    I like my mini wheats cereal with whole fat milk.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dirty Bulk Foods
    By gbeast in forum Bulking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
  2. Bulking Foods??? Help!
    By mookie45 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
  3. Whats your favorite cheat food?
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 11:37 PM
  4. What is your favorite CHEAT food.
    By somewhatgifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 08:39 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in