Bulk Diet HELP!!! and Pics inside of progress

python93

python93

Awards
Watsup AM I broke my zero carb diet today and I'm weighing at around 165 right now.
I weighed around 220 in May. As a result of losing weight too fast I have some loose skin although it's not too noticeable like other people I've seen. So I plan on starting my LEAN bulk diet. I plan on consuming 2500 calories per day because my maintenance level is around 2400 should I up my calories a little? I consider myself an endomorph because I tend to gain weight quickly (or probably I just ate like crap and didn't notice). What I am thinking regarding macro ratio is 35 35 30 /p/c/f. Is this ideal for a lean bulk?
I know in my pics I don't look shredded but I believe it's because of the slight loose skin (gonna apply firming lotion) that I have on the mid section and lower back and a little on my chest and lost some lean muscle mass (IDK tell me your thoughts).
So in general tell me what you think I should do and what I could do to work on. Here are pics from today tell me what you think.
Also here is a thread I made about a month ago for progress:
anabolicminds. com/forum/weight-loss/216355-how-get-shredded. html

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.JPG

python93

python93

Awards
I'm planning to lean bulk until April and then cut for around 3 months.
My plan from now till march is to eat around 2600 cals. My maintenance is 2445
My macro ratio would be 50c/30p/20f (325/195/57 grams)
I don't know if I should follow that macro ratio or do the whole " 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, half of my body weight fats and the rest carbs)(288/170/85)
Basically gain 2 lbs per month until April I weigh 170 so end weight around 180
What do you advise me or what would you do?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Well i just came off the cutting protocol of LG and ive been on the recomp for 2 weeks and am now moving to the slowbulk because i was still cutting weight, trying to keep using LG for my cycle coming up because its convenient and its worked so well for me! I would recommend trying it if you havent already it might not fit your lifestyle but it was a godsend to me. My overall question when it comes to your goals is what do u want to look like for example are you going for a ripped up look? Or are you just looking for size and dont care about excess fat? Because if i were you i wouldnt quit cutting for fear of weighing less so ur tempted to bulk then you just become a fatter version of your previous self. If you want ur abs get them however if u just want size then bulk

python93

python93

Awards
I actually want to gain some size at the moment but not with a dirty bulk.
I never used to count calories or macros until I recently lost weight. I would just lift weights and
eat like crap. But my goal is to gain some size with very little fat gain as I'm not completely skinny and then towards March
strip off around 20 - 15 pounds of fat until about august. Is this a tangible goal?
How was lean gains for you?
What were your results?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Leangains is great went from 207 down to 155 went from 25-30% bf down to 8-10% while maintaining strength.

python93

python93

Awards
Leangains is great went from 207 down to 155 went from 25-30% bf down to 8-10% while maintaining strength.
How long did it take you?
Did you happen to get any loose skin?
It would be cool if you had before and after pics :)
Can you link me to where you got the diet from

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Ill post some pics up on here when i get to my office computer

pricey_001

Awards
Dont mean to hijack the thread real keen on seeing ur progress mate and will be looking on. i'm also interested to know your protocol livetolift I've been IFing for around 4 months now started with recomp -20 +20 with 4 days lifting and saw good results then decided to lean bulk on +10 +20 high carb low fat training day, low carb mod/high fat rest with protein @1.5g/lb on both but am having a hard time gaining weight. Thinking of keeping cals and macros same on rest and training days and see how it pans out? What are ur thoughts?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Well i know what worked well for me however just now have transitioned to the slow bulk i am currently running +40 -10 with training days being 210g prot. 410g carb and 50g fat and on rest days its 210g prot 40g carb and 100g fat. Everyone is different if your not gaining weight adjust your calories remember it takes 3500 calories to gain 1 lb so no matter what diet you choose eat towards your goal. For example if your maintenance calories are 2100, all you need to do is eat an extra 3500 calories over maintenance by the end of the week. It sounds to me like you just need to up calories. And readjust macros go to leanbody.com and look for the LG how to calculate my lean gains macros thread ill post up the url in just a bit but it talks about how to roughly figure ur macros of course then you have to tailor them just a tad based on your body's response.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
This is me currently using the LG approach. Martin recommends getting to abs lean by following a cutting protocol before ever slow bulking so it is easier to adjust on body composition

ForumRunner_20121201_085636.png

pricey_001

Awards
Well i know what worked well for me however just now have transitioned to the slow bulk i am currently running +40 -10 with training days being 210g prot. 410g carb and 50g fat and on rest days its 210g prot 40g carb and 100g fat. Everyone is different if your not gaining weight adjust your calories remember it takes 3500 calories to gain 1 lb so no matter what diet you choose eat towards your goal. For example if your maintenance calories are 2100, all you need to do is eat an extra 3500 calories over maintenance by the end of the week. It sounds to me like you just need to up calories. And readjust macros go to leanbody.com and look for the LG how to calculate my lean gains macros thread ill post up the url in just a bit but it talks about how to roughly figure ur macros of course then you have to tailor them just a tad based on your body's response.
Do you find your gains are slowed or impaired during bulking phases due to being in a deficit on rest days.. I've read that body needs ample calories on rest days to recover/grow? How many days so you train? Are you natty?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Do you find your gains are slowed or impaired during bulking phases due to being in a deficit on rest days.. I've read that body needs ample calories on rest days to recover/grow? How many days so you train? Are you natty?
Gains are slowed but the concept of build days and burn days is for your body to burn off excess fat on the off days that you may have gained with the surplus of food on your build days. And protein is kept consistent on both days to aid in recovery fact of the matter is you dont need to consume 400+ carbs on a day your not working out

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
Pythons! good progress buddy. People ask me for help when they're getting ready for their first BB show and their estimation of what their weight would be on stage at competitive bodybuilding show is ALWAYS unrealistic. You started at 220 and dieted down to around 165. You are still holding water, fat ,skin in your midsection but that's totally normal. Unfortunately you probably weren't carrying as much muscle as you thought you were and are probably 10lbs away from getting your midestion ripped.
That being said being 155lbs isn't that fun. I'm sure you rather be a little leaner but with some added muscle. Maybe 175 at a little lower BF% than your at... I'd recommend a bit of a lean bulk or recomp. Here's my theory and its similar what some others do, but its always worked for me. No need to reinvent the wheel.
99% of people don't get lean or can't stay lean when there's large amounts of carbs present in the body. But you can gain or maintain muscle with out adequate amounts of protein and calories. The misinformation is that carbs help build muscle but this is false. Carbs are purely an energy source and help provide your body with the energy it needs to perform FOR ME, this is my "throw away" macro. When I want t lean up I cut my carbs back( or even out).

I recommend keep 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of (lean) bodyweight and 1 gram of fats per pound.
Carbs you all need as much as your body needs to perform. So ad a small amount, say with you pre and post workout meals. See if that's enough to fuel your workouts if your feeling sluggish add some more with another meal. Find that happy medium.

Now I would recommend a good Prohormone to help you hold or add muscle mass while cutting BF%. LG Sciences Ph17 stack with a good estrogen block like Formadrol would do wonders for this. PH17 was designed to give users results that are similar to "winni" but with out all the harsh side effects and liver stress. Its great for hardening and recomp. People usually gain around 5-8 lbs while dropping BF%. Hopefully this helps. This only my recommendation.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Wow looking great Man!
How long did it take you to get like this? (From 207 to 155 lbs.)
About 7 or 8 months i believe, im now going on a bulk using Test E and SD feel free to follow along its in the anabolic section just popped my test cherry who is in for the ride is the name of the thread

python93

python93

Awards
Hey guys just a question. Lately for the past 3 days I've been noticing that I'm losing weight. For example, at night I weigh 171 and then I wake up take a crap and weigh myself first thing in the morning and I end up weighing around 166. I'm fitting all my macro's and eating somewhat clean. (Sweet potatoes, brown rice, tuna, cottage cheese) Is it that I'm eating too little? (2600 cals.)(320 carbs, 180 protein, 80 fats). I've never tracked calories until now so I'm kinda shocked. Or is it because I'm not eating a lot of sodium and/or not retaining any water? I also noticed my daily fiber intake has been around 32 g/day so may that be factor? What do you guys recommend I do? Obviously up my calories but is 2600 cals. for a 19 yr. old on a lean bulk (obviously not a lean bulk since I'm losing weight!) too little? Tell me your opinions!!! :)

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Hey guys just a question. Lately for the past 3 days I've been noticing that I'm losing weight. For example, at night I weigh 171 and then I wake up take a crap and weigh myself first thing in the morning and I end up weighing around 166. I'm fitting all my macro's and eating somewhat clean. (Sweet potatoes, brown rice, tuna, cottage cheese) Is it that I'm eating too little? (2600 cals.)(320 carbs, 180 protein, 80 fats). I've never tracked calories until now so I'm kinda shocked. Or is it because I'm not eating a lot of sodium and/or not retaining any water? I also noticed my daily fiber intake has been around 32 g/day so may that be factor? What do you guys recommend I do? Obviously up my calories but is 2600 cals. for a 19 yr. old on a lean bulk (obviously not a lean bulk since I'm losing weight!) too little? Tell me your opinions!!! :)
Well if your losing weight then yes its to little up your calories by 200 evenly throughout your macros and see how your body responds if you are still losing up another 200 calories until you find yourself gaining weight