DC Training for Bulk / Natural Gains. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

DC Training for Bulk / Natural Gains.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Ok, I wanted to do this from a desktop but my phone will have to do, bare with me on grammar and look out for auto corrects bc I'm not proof reading lol.

First thing to know, DC is a lifestyle not a workout. Along with the workout there are other factors to follow that a lot of people don't, either they don't know or choose not to. Either way, if you follow the lifestyle, you'll make great gains. What I'm talking about is protein reccomendations, carb/pro & pro/fat meals & carb cutt offs. These are often over looked, now I will say this; some people (Rick rock) have been having great results with IF diet and DC, I have zero experience with this so I cannot comment. Stick to the principles to get an accurate assessment before changing things.

My advice would be to start with 2 weeks prior to doing DC get your routine down and do this exercises, just 1 set til failure of a weight 8-12 reps. This will give you a gauge of what exercises you like and what weight you should use. As other said don't start too heavy bc it's setting up for failure, it'll still work but it'll be slow and discouraging. Not to mention wreck your tendons, I'd also like to point out DC is very demanding on joints/tendons and why it's not recommended for beginners. If your joints can't handle the load they'll fail. Muscles strengthen much faster than tendons (why people who use AAS too soon have problems)

I advise blasting for only 6 weeks your first go no matter what with a 2 week cruise. It lets you asses your progress and regroup and give joints a break being natty. The rep ranges differ from what people have said in this thread, this is where people "customize"....that's not really DC. Like others said go over to intense muscle dot com and browse, they have good info (where I started)

Hammer strength and smith machines will let you grow just fine so don't worry about that. Here's a basic overview of rep ranges, all are rest pause unless says otherwise.

Chest pressing 11-15
    *flat bb 20-30
    Shoulder press 11-15
    *DB 20-30
    Biceps 11-15
    Forearms 10-20 straight sets
    hammys 15-20
    Calfs 10-12 (DC reps)
    Triceps 11-15
    *skull crusher 15-20
    Quads 4-8 straight set & 20 rep widow maker
    Back width 15-20
    Bath thickness 11-15 machines
    or 8 & 12 straight sets DB rows, t-bar, bent over (anything that compromises back health during movement when tired
    Deadlifts hit sets of 6 til you can't get 6

Now exceptions can me made to these depending on circumstances but try and stay as close to these as possible, IMO.

Hope that helps, anything else shoot me a PM, I have a log of DC training somewhere around here. Did it last winter (most recent) I will be starting again in about 4 weeks. I'll send you the link when I do

The only info I have found about DC training on diet is to get lots of protein, 2g per lb of weight I have read. I've been researching on intensemuscle and other sites. I also have been doing IF for 2 months now and planned on doing it along with DC. Thanks for all the advice, I will def do a week or two of just 1 set to failure to get used to the exercises first. Do you have any other input on the diet of DC? I believe just calorie surplus + the high protein + IF protocol would be just fine yeah?
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

The only info I have found about DC training on diet is to get lots of protein, 2g per lb of weight I have read. I've been researching on intensemuscle and other sites. I also have been doing IF for 2 months now and planned on doing it along with DC. Thanks for all the advice, I will def do a week or two of just 1 set to failure to get used to the exercises first. Do you have any other input on the diet of DC? I believe just calorie surplus + the high protein + IF protocol would be just fine yeah?
    There is a sticky on IM bro
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    There is a sticky on IM bro
    got it now thanks man appreciate it greatly. will watch before bed xD

found the sticky as well.. cheers
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

got it now thanks man appreciate it greatly. will watch before bed xD

found the sticky as well.. cheers
    It's actually a good watch, enjoy bud : )
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pm me
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I did it as a natty for 3 full blast cruze phases in 2008. Completely Natty using the DiPasquale Anabolic Diet. I cut a ton of fat while also increasing all measurements by 1-2 inches. So, I gained muscle and lost fat at the same time that summer. Here's the start and finish:

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow
    I did it as a natty for 3 full blast cruze phases in 2008. Completely Natty using the DiPasquale Anabolic Diet. I cut a ton of fat while also increasing all measurements by 1-2 inches. So, I gained muscle and lost fat at the same time that summer. Here's the start and finish:
    nice job!!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    nice job!!
    Thanks! It was tough to follow on a college budget though. That summer I got a pile of London Broil for $1.5/lb at our local grocers. I bought like 60lbs of the stuff and ate that every day! I'm looking to start something similar once again when I'm done with next week's move from SD to CO.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post

Damn bro, straight beastin nice work, thanks for sharing.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    Damn bro, straight beastin nice work, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! This makes me wonder why I ever stopped!
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    Thanks! This makes me wonder why I ever stopped!
    Maybe it's time to start again! :P
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Someone mentioned later raises a bit back, I would will hit a set of 10 immediately after my shoulder press then stretch. didn't really make a difference
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    Someone mentioned later raises a bit back, I would will hit a set of 10 immediately after my shoulder press then stretch. didn't really make a difference
    that was me.

some days I completely cut out pressing and rest paused lateral raises, and my shoulders grew more than ever. I know I deviated, but I like to experiment.
    my shoulders felt better than ever as well.

I did rear delt work like flyes, band pull aparts, high seated rows as well
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by carpee

that was me.

some days I completely cut out pressing and rest paused lateral raises, and my shoulders grew more than ever. I know I deviated, but I like to experiment.
    my shoulders felt better than ever as well.

I did rear delt work like flyes, band pull aparts, high seated rows as well
    Honestly, I thought about trying laterals as rest pause but I thought it'd hurt my shoulders.

I don't know if that'd be "deviating" it's a total shoulder movement, just not a compound one. Your shoulders didn't get messed up? Maybe I'll try that as I transition from post contest when my joints are still a little weak and can't handle heavy weight just yet.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

Honestly, I thought about trying laterals as rest pause but I thought it'd hurt my shoulders.

I don't know if that'd be "deviating" it's a total shoulder movement, just not a compound one. Your shoulders didn't get messed up? Maybe I'll try that as I transition from post contest when my joints are still a little weak and can't handle heavy weight just yet.
    nope they feel awesome. I cut out pressing for like 6-8 weeks actually and did laterals and every once in a while threw heavy DB uprights like Jim Cordova has on simply shredded.

felt great
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You can rest pause these, just make the rep range very high like 20 reps for the first set to failure.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    nope they feel awesome. I cut out pressing for like 6-8 weeks actually and did laterals and every once in a while threw heavy DB uprights like Jim Cordova has on simply shredded.

felt great
    I like these a lot!!
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by carpee

felt great
    Well, good to know.

I tried up right rows and they destroyed my shoulders with the RP sets
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I can only do the the DB upright rows like said above.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Here is a video of his shoulder routine. The rows are midway thru. I crack up everytime I listen to this guy talk.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/pumped...thickness.html
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.

I am all natural an have never taken anything. I did doggcrapp twice this year and in two months I haven't made such amazing gains since when I first started. It was my first time being consistent with deadlifts and I did amazing with it. I went from 190 to 200 in two months and I looked like I was 225. I am also an ectamorph so I can vouch for the naturally skinny guys. My dead lift went from 225-8 reps to 365 for 6-7 reps. My bench from 195-8 to 255-6 and all other lifts went up like crazy. I have never looked so big and have never been so strong. But let me say this and don't take it likely, you have to eat like a mad man and need a consistent spotter if you want to do well with this program. Message me for more details if you like, hope this helps
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Here is a video of his shoulder routine. The rows are midway thru. I crack up everytime I listen to this guy talk.

Jesus this guy is a focking beast, I wonder if you could implement some light rotator cuff work into DC.. What he said about it makes alot of sense, and the dudes shoulders are insane.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by akoli View Post
    I am all natural an have never taken anything. I did doggcrapp twice this year and in two months I haven't made such amazing gains since when I first started. It was my first time being consistent with deadlifts and I did amazing with it. I went from 190 to 200 in two months and I looked like I was 225. I am also an ectamorph so I can vouch for the naturally skinny guys. My dead lift went from 225-8 reps to 365 for 6-7 reps. My bench from 195-8 to 255-6 and all other lifts went up like crazy. I have never looked so big and have never been so strong. But let me say this and don't take it likely, you have to eat like a mad man and need a consistent spotter if you want to do well with this program. Message me for more details if you like, hope this helps
    Yeah this seems to be the general consensus, I am going to kill this sht I promise, this is why I started all my research way ahead of changing routines. Thanks for your input!

How was your fat gain with DC approach verse a different approach? Did you implement the treadmill walking on your off days?
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    You can rest pause these, just make the rep range very high like 20 reps for the first set to failure.
    I liked 12-6-3 range with slowwww negatives
    shoulders have responded well
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.

I never did much cardio, just here and there. I really don't need it, losing weight and keeping my six pack was never a problem for me, my fat gain was minimal at best
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF

hahha he has an interesting way of speaking
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    Jesus this guy is a focking beast, I wonder if you could implement some light rotator cuff work into DC.. What he said about it makes alot of sense, and the dudes shoulders are insane.
    You can do that. You could either do it at the beginning or end of a workout, or you could go ahead and do it on off days.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    You can do that. You could either do it at the beginning or end of a workout, or you could go ahead and do it on off days.
    Yeah like maybe right before the shoulder stretches?
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I always warm up my shoulders with rotator work before lifting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. DC Training For Beginners
    By metroba in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
  2. best supps for reducing fat gains while bulking
    By acecombact1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 340
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 10:23 AM
  4. Replies: 0