PLATEAU/ bulking trouble...

stonay

Awards
Hey Guys!

over the last month that i have been training i have been noticing i have been plateau-ing (staying on the same weights and not really gaining size or strength). Im trying to bulk by eating clean foods;
e.g an average day would be

breakfast - 125g oats
- banana
- 24g protein
- 1-2 egg whites

mid morning - 200g steamed vegetables (broccoli, sweet potato, carrots)

Lunch - 200g Quinoa with 180g tuna OR 150g brown rice with 150g lean chicken

mid afternoon - SAME AS MID MORNING

dinner - either 250g pasta or steak

i train 5 days a week Chest, Back, day off, legs, shoulders,arms, day off

first 2 sets most days are 4 sets 4-6 reps (for power/strength) then the next 4 exercises are 3 sets 6-8 reps.

i can go into further detail about the training regime i have if you would like? but those are the basics and normally have carbs (vertago) and Xtend (BCAA's) during my workout and cassein protein and carbs after workout also. On average i have 3000+ calories per day and im just wondering if you guys can give any insight into how i can break down this barrier that i have it, it is driving me insane. Even if its to chance up my rep ranges and sets (which i have thought about) or totally overhaul my workouts all together.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Really? Your diet doesn't look like 3000 cals...you must be leaving something out?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
How fast were you gaining before the plateau and how long have you noticed the plateau? Sometimes changing up the workout helps. If there is a personal trainer in ur gym who knows his stuff sometimes you can trade routines.

stonay

Awards
Really? Your diet doesn't look like 3000 cals...you must be leaving something out?
theres usually another meal after dinner normally a protein shake, which on average brings it to 2900+ on a bad day, they are rough measurements but a basic guideline to what i have per day :)

stonay

Awards
How fast were you gaining before the plateau and how long have you noticed the plateau? Sometimes changing up the workout helps. If there is a personal trainer in ur gym who knows his stuff sometimes you can trade routines.
in 4 months i had gained 5kg with a very average diet, after that i noticed i was still getting stronger while becoming more lean after i had been eating what i have mentioned above. And for the last 6-8 weeks i have been noticing i have not been lifting any heavier. I know i can change my routines up but changing exercises around, the reps and sets, i was just wondering if there was any specific direction you guys could point me in over others. thanks :)

uvawahoowa

Awards
theres usually another meal after dinner normally a protein shake, which on average brings it to 2900+ on a bad day, they are rough measurements but a basic guideline to what i have per day :)
From what you've posted I count 1600 cals max, 1700 with your extra shake depending on size. What are you using to track calories? Regardless, add fat & protein. You have any ideas what your macros are?

evodrag

Awards
Your saying things like 250g of pasta or steak!?!? There not interchangable. One has protien and fats and the other is all carbs. Then 200g of veggies...Ok broccoli and sweet potatoes are night and day diff. for bulking its sweet potoatoes. Let me help you out

Eat 4 meals consisting of 1.25cups of either sweet potatoes, rice, oats, or pasta with 6oz of cooked chicken, salmon, tilapia, tuna, shrimp lean ground beef or 8-10 oz of steak. For everything except the steak add peanut butter to a tablespoon or 1 oz almonds and injest.

Eat a post workout meal of simple sugars from juice or may i suggest 2 bannanas(about 50-60g). And 1-2 scoops of whey protein, not cassien.

Before bed eat have 40g of longer lasting protien hence cassien. Add some fats from a nutty source. You can also get your protien from milk, greek yogurt and or cottage cheese at night. Always choose whole foods over shakes except post workout. If you cant afford this replace with shakes but use your money for food over bcaa's and other money wasting supps

Hope I spelled things out for you. This is a good starting point. If you want a detailed plan with changes and how to make things work to a T , PM me

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 4
Training Forum 1
Anabolics 2
twarrior212 Pro Bodybuilding 6
Training Forum 8