Is this possible?

JayRock

Awards
I'd like to add some muscle, but absolutely no fat. I've bulked, dirty and clean before, and I always seemed to end up gaining too much fat. I know that my biggest mistake during those bulks was that I pretty much gave up on cardio. So here's my question, I'll be taking GHRP6 and CJC 1295 together for a few months, and I'll be eating just over a calorie surplus, but if I were to eat about 500 calories over maintenance, and do HIIT cardio three times per week, and LISS twice a week, would that increase the ability to gain muscle and lose fat?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
its called recomp. u can approach this pretty much one of two ways

1. eat perfect everyday with one day OFF of eating whatever but relatively clean and proper training routine. then cut when u see excess fat, or bulk when u see ur too lean

2. bulk for three weeks, cut for one. or bulk for 2, cut for 2. depends how easy u can cut.

i can cut in about three days. i usually go on a hardcore, all out cut for three days and lose about 4 pounds, mostly fat.

your goals are going to come from diet and rest. sure training has an impact, but if ur diet is on and if u are getting plenty of rest, u will grow.

i cycle through a multitude of routines yearly. i bulk during the winter, cut during spring and recomp during summer. 3 weeks bulk, 3 days cut.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Cut 4 lbs of mostly fat in 3 days? I don't know about that but I see the point your tryin to make.

As for me a recomp usually is a very lean bulk. Low glycemic carb sources. Lean meats. Very little cheat days. And carb cycling. Diet really is key. I follow some fat loss rules ( no cals 3 hrs pre bed) and some bulking rules. ( my post work out meal is always huge) you can add a little empty stomach cardio or hiit ( I sip on bcaa during). And as macros go I'd get the cals of a lean bulk on work out days, and cutting cals on non work out days ( a little above if recovery suffers)

I Just want to add how effective Olympic lifts, kettle bell swings, tire flips can be for recomp or cutting

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Also forgot to mention rest. Never over look the importance of rest.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yep. chicken breasts, fruits, lots of water, egg whites for three days straight. high reps lifting. for cardio, swim and jump rope. heck, i can lose a pound a day if i dont eat anything and dont train. when i add it cardio it doubles almost lol

JayRock

Awards
curious because I've done Anabolic Diet, CKD, and tried Lean Gains(stopped bc I have to have breakfast first thing in the morning, and having to eat later in the day just doesn' work out for me) and with alot of diets they recommend not doing HIIT bc it will burn too many calories, but then why ever do HIIT when cutting and dieting because when you're doing those you'll always be at a caloric deficit? I'd like to stay at the bf% i'm at now, and put on muscle, is that possible if I eat clean, slightly above maintenance and do HIIt three to four times a week?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
With all due respect you not losing 4 lbs of mostly fat. It's glycogen and water weight. You would need to burn an extra 12000 cals plus your matinenece cals. Again with all due respect that isn't happening. I do not in any way doubt your ability to quickly drop fat. I'm just being realistic. Again If your exaggerating to prove a point I'm sorry I am taking it as a literal statement. 1 lb of actual fat loss per week is what my competing friends aim to get. That is on a strict competition diet. I don't compete in bodybuilding. But I do get really lean for summer.

Also I'm sorry if it seems I'm calling you out. That is not my intention. My intention is to make clear for other readers what realistic goals are.