Smith402

Awards
So Right now my training routine is as follows:

Monday - Chest/Back
Tuesday - Legs/Shoulders
Wed - OFF
Thursday - Chest/Tri's
Friday Legs/Bi's

I was thinking about switching it tuesday to Shoulders/Bi's? or adding a quick Bicep workout in on Wednesday... I thought i would see what you guys on AM think

My Bicep Routine looks like this:

Straight BB Curls
Preacher Curls
Reverse Grip BB Curls
Hammer Curls

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So Right now my training routine is as follows:

Monday - Chest/Back
Tuesday - Legs/Shoulders
Wed - OFF
Thursday - Chest/Tri's
Friday Legs/Bi's

I was thinking about switching it tuesday to Shoulders/Bi's? or adding a quick Bicep workout in on Wednesday... I thought i would see what you guys on AM think

My Bicep Routine looks like this:

Straight BB Curls
Preacher Curls
Reverse Grip BB Curls
Hammer Curls
Is there a reason you hit Chest twice?

You really don't need to do separate exercises for biceps (and triceps) since you should be hitting them pretty hard with the multijoint, compound lifts.

Make sure that you are hitting bicpes hard on Back day with exercises like pull-ups, reverse rows, supinated (i.e. underhand) grip barbell bent over rows, etc. My biceps grew the most when I was doing and lifting heavy weights at 5-8 reps with the compound back exercises, adding in only barbell bicep curls re 5-8RM.

Or, you could do Legs/Biceps FIRST - if you have a lagging body-part you train it FIRST, especially since doing Legs will help re arm growth. You only need to stick to the arm compounds like bicep curls, and maybe do hammer bicep curls with dumbbells or some heavy cable curls. Whatever you do, lift heavy for low to moderate reps.

If you're going to stick with that kind of split, try something like (just an example - I personally wouldn't recommend such a split, but if you HAVE to do it like this):

Monday - Legs/Biceps
Tuesday - Chest/Back
Wed - OFF
Thursday - Legs/Biceps/Abs
Friday Shoulders

Or, and yes, this is unconventional, but try doing Full-Body three times a week, but sticking with ONLY the COMPOUND lifts. For example, the time I made the MOST gains re arms growth was when this was what I was doing re lifting:

Monday - 20 reps total per exercise of sets of 4-5RM (30 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Underhand-Grip Barbell Bent Over Rows
2. Overhead Barbell Squats
3. Weighted Dips
4. Barbell Ab Rollout

Wednesday - 40 reps total per exercise of sets of 8-9RM (45 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Downs
2. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
3. Barbell Romanian Deadlift (plates to floor)
4. Close-Grip Barbell Bicep Curls
5. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises

Friday -25 reps total per exercise of sets of 4-5RM (30 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Barbell Front Squats
2. Flat Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press
3. Close-Grip Supinated Reverse Rack Pulls (feet on bench)
4. Barbell Push Press

~Rosie~

Smith402

Awards
I understand what your saying and that may work well for growth in your Bi's but i have tried that and it doesnt work for me what so ever I actually blame that kind of routine for my arms lagging behind :aargh: I think it might help if i tell you what lifts i am doing aswell

Chest/Back
BB Bench 4 x 10-8 reps
DB Flyes 2 x 12 - 8
DB Incline 4 10-8 reps
Supinated BB Bench 4 x 10 -8 reps

Lat pull down then i superset with chin ups 4 x 10-8 reps
Reverse Grip BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 10 -8
Close Grip Cable Rows 4- 10-8
T-Bar Rows 4-10-8

Legs/Shoulder
Shoulder Press 4 x 10-8
Reverse Flyes 2 x 12-8
BB Front Raises 4x10-8
Lateral Raises 4 x 10-8
BB Shrugs 4x10-8

Squat - 4x10-8
Leg Extension 3-4x15-10
Leg Curls 3-4x15-10
Calve Raises 4 x 25-15

OFF

Chest/Tri's
BB Incline Bench 4x10-8
DB Flat Bench 4x10-8
Incline Flyes 2x12-10
Supinated BB Press 4x10-8

DB Tricep Extension 4x10-8
Tricep Pushdown 4x 10-8
DB Kick Backs 3-4x12-10
Skull Crushers 4x10-8

Legs/Bi's
Sumo Deadlift 4x10-8
Front Squat 4x10-8
Lunges 4 x 12-10
Leg Press 4x10-8 (Close Grip Stance)

BB Curls 4 x 10-8
Preacher Curls 4 x 10-8
Hammer Curls 4x10-8
Reverse Grip BB Curls 4x10-8

HT: 5'6"
WT: 203lbs

Max bench: 335
Max Squat: 605
Max Deadlift: 505

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand what your saying and that may work well for growth in your Bi's but i have tried that and it doesnt work for me what so ever I actually blame that kind of routine for my arms lagging behind :aargh: I think it might help if i tell you what lifts i am doing aswell

Chest/Back
BB Bench 4 x 10-8 reps
DB Flyes 2 x 12 - 8
DB Incline 4 10-8 reps
Supinated BB Bench 4 x 10 -8 reps

Lat pull down then i superset with chin ups 4 x 10-8 reps
Reverse Grip BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 10 -8
Close Grip Cable Rows 4- 10-8
T-Bar Rows 4-10-8

Legs/Shoulder
Shoulder Press 4 x 10-8
Reverse Flyes 2 x 12-8
BB Front Raises 4x10-8
Lateral Raises 4 x 10-8
BB Shrugs 4x10-8

Squat - 4x10-8
Leg Extension 3-4x15-10
Leg Curls 3-4x15-10
Calve Raises 4 x 25-15

OFF

Chest/Tri's
BB Incline Bench 4x10-8
DB Flat Bench 4x10-8
Incline Flyes 2x12-10
Supinated BB Press 4x10-8

Tricep Pushdown 4x 10-8
DB Kick Backs 3-4x12-10
Skull Crushers 4x10-8

Legs/Bi's
Sumo Deadlift 4x10-8
Front Squat 4x10-8
Lunges 4 x 12-10
Leg Press 4x10-8 (Close Grip Stance)

BB Curls 4 x 10-8
Preacher Curls 4 x 10-8
Hammer Curls 4x10-8

HT: 5'6"
WT: 203lbs

Max bench: 335
Max Squat: 605
Max Deadlift: 505
I see - well, we are all different and respond to different things.

You might be best using this split then:

Monday - Legs/Biceps
Tuesday - Chest/Back
Wed - OFF
Friday Shoulders

I recommend supersetting or alternate setting your Chest/Back day with 60-90 seconds between "sets" - for example:

A1: Back
A2: Chest

B1: Back
B2: Chest . . . and so on . . .

Forget the flyes - you're better sticking with the Flat and Incline BB/DB Bench Press for Chest. Two Chest days are not necessary, really, as I said before - it could be that you end up using your triceps more than you realize with some Chest exercises, and therefore they are growing, causing part of the biceps lagging issue.

If you've been following that routine for a while and sticking to that set/rep range, then you definitely need to shake things up.

Look at making your Legs' exercises heavier and stick to variations of Squats - superset heavy squats with compound biceps' exercises for growth works.

If you really need someone that badly, I recommend looking at getting a professional trainer - that way, you are going to get a programme specifically INDIVIDUALIZED TO YOU (you should!), your goals and needs.

~Rosie~

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tricep Pushdown 4x 10-8
DB Kick Backs 3-4x12-10
Skull Crushers 4x10-8

BB Curls 4 x 10-8
Preacher Curls 4 x 10-8
Hammer Curls 4x10-8
I would challenge you to consider that if you are doing 8 different exercises for arms for a total of 32 sets you may not be training them as hard as you could.

For bi's and tri's pick TWO exercises for each for 3 to 4 sets each and exhaust them. If you can do 16 sets for each there is likely 8 previous sets that were worthless and/or ineffective.

Example: Tricep
CGBP: 3-4 for 12-8
Skull Crusher: 3-4 for 12-8

Example Bicep
Barbell Curls: 3-4 for 12-8
Hammer Curls: 3-4 for 12-8

Smith402

Awards
I see - well, we are all different and respond to different things.

You might be best using this split then:

Monday - Legs/Biceps
Tuesday - Chest/Back
Wed - OFF
Friday Shoulders

I recommend supersetting or alternate setting your Chest/Back day with 60-90 seconds between "sets" - for example:

A1: Back
A2: Chest

B1: Back
B2: Chest . . . and so on . . .

Forget the flyes - you're better sticking with the Flat and Incline BB/DB Bench Press for Chest. Two Chest days are not necessary, really, as I said before - it could be that you end up using your triceps more than you realize with some Chest exercises, and therefore they are growing, causing part of the biceps lagging issue.

If you've been following that routine for a while and sticking to that set/rep range, then you definitely need to shake things up.

Look at making your Legs' exercises heavier and stick to variations of Squats - superset heavy squats with compound biceps' exercises for growth works.

If you really need someone that badly, I recommend looking at getting a professional trainer - that way, you are going to get a programme specifically INDIVIDUALIZED TO YOU (you should!), your goals and needs.

~Rosie~
Actually I just added a second chest day into my routine I was doing

I do like what you said about supersetting a chest lift with a back lift i will probbaly end up impimenting that on monday :)

M-Chest
T-Shoulders/Back
W-OFF
R-Legs
F-Bi's/Tri's

And before that somthing like this

M-Legs
T-Chest/Back
W-Off
TR-Shoulders

I always switch up my routine every 6-8 weeks reps/sets/order/pace/and lifts

I have gotten great size thus far when i started i was weighting in at 149lbs soaking wet its just my biceps it could be genetics i have the same problem with my calves hahaha I have gotten growth in my bi's I mean obviously they have grown some just not as much as the rest of my body... its the length and thickness that they are lagging I have been doing curls with full ROM especilly focusing on smooth full ROM preachers and really focusing on quality contractions at the top I am at a LOST hahaha its just frustrating!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually I just added a second chest day into my routine I was doing

I do like what you said about supersetting a chest lift with a back lift i will probbaly end up impimenting that on monday :)

M-Chest
T-Shoulders/Back
W-OFF
R-Legs
F-Bi's/Tri's

And before that somthing like this

M-Legs
T-Chest/Back
W-Off
TR-Shoulders

I always switch up my routine every 6-8 weeks reps/sets/order/pace/and lifts

I have gotten great size thus far when i started i was weighting in at 149lbs soaking wet its just my biceps it could be genetics i have the same problem with my calves hahaha I have gotten growth in my bi's I mean obviously they have grown some just not as much as the rest of my body... its the length and thickness that they are lagging I have been doing curls with full ROM especilly focusing on smooth full ROM preachers and really focusing on quality contractions at the top I am at a LOST hahaha its just frustrating!
Try doing what Heat Miser recommended then - do less sets and just focus on the compounds (you're going to hear reiteration of the compounds).

Re calves, doing 6x6 as heavy as possible is one way to get them to grow.

You just have to be willing to try new things, and listen and be open to hear those new things.

~Rosie~

cvs766

Awards
It could always be genetics; maybe you just don't have great biceps.
Assuming there's something you can do though...maybe work them (directly) twice a week instead of once? Mine have always responded great to every five days (plus back workouts).
Or adjust volume; try less volume and more weight.

Try a few different things. Something will work eventually.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice posts rosie. this is something i am currently doing and i am seeing nice gains. if you want more info on this routine just ask.

Mon - legs
tues chest/tris
wed off
thurs back/bis
fri - legs
sat - shoulders

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, your bicep routine looks weak. very weak. and do u change up that routine at all? when it comes to arms, i always confuse them by never doing the same thing other than BB curl as my first 4 sets. other exercises include DB curl, 21s, preacher BB or DB, and doing exercises that focus on the peak of the bicep. these are just a few to name.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It could always be genetics; maybe you just don't have great biceps.
Assuming there's something you can do though...maybe work them (directly) twice a week instead of once?
biceps recover very quickly. another great bi builder is pull ups to failure

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
variety in exercises, grip, sets, reps, order performed, - all are critical to stimulate new growth in a lagging bodypart.. so many variations of bicep exercises out there...machines, cables, free weights, ...it goes on and on... giant sets, drop sets, forced reps, utilize as many different training principles as you can to get the bi's growing again

jiberish

jiberish

Awards
What a strange split.

Legs need their own day atleast imo.

But if your arms are a weak point. Give them their own day. Also I would try pre-fatigue bi. Start with an isolation exercise. Go till failure then hit the BB curls.

Also don't use ez-bars if your genetics suck. This will just build crap flat biceps. That is what I found. Also squeeze the little buggers. If you can't get that good mind muscle connection and really feel it. Chances are other muscles are taking the load.

CobbledPath

Awards
What a strange split.

Legs need their own day atleast imo.

But if your arms are a weak point. Give them their own day. Also I would try pre-fatigue bi. Start with an isolation exercise. Go till failure then hit the BB curls.

Also don't use ez-bars if your genetics suck. This will just build crap flat biceps. That is what I found. Also squeeze the little buggers. If you can't get that good mind muscle connection and really feel it. Chances are other muscles are taking the load.
My take on the benefit of doing bi's after legs, is that a smaller muscles like the biceps would benefit from the test and gh released by such a larger group of muscles (ie legs) after a very heavy workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one more thing. not sure if somebody has mentioned this but, at least for me and my growth, muscle confusion is one of the most important, if not THE most important, thing for my body when it comes to TRAINING. mix up your routines as well as rep ranges for optimal growth.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one more thing. not sure if somebody has mentioned this but, at least for me and my growth, muscle confusion is one of the most important, if not THE most important, thing for my body when it comes to TRAINING. mix up your routines as well as rep ranges for optimal growth.
:goodpost:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
DemntedCowboy Natural Bodybuilding 83
enhanced Anabolics 11
u_e_s_i Training Forum 28
Training Forum 34