Clean bulk to 180 lbs

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Purpose of log: Track progress on my journey from 173 lbs to 180 lbs.

Round 1!

Current stats:
* Weight: 173 lbs
* BF%: 14.8%
* Cycle start date: Sunday 4/26/2009

Target stats:
* Weight: 180 lbs
* BF%: <=14.8%
* Cycle end date: Saturday 6/20/2009
* Goal: Gain 7 lbs in 8 weeks!

Background: I just finished an Xtreme Tren cycle and logged cycle, PCT, and post-PCT for a total of 14 weeks. This log could be considered a continuation; I decided to create a new log since after 4 weeks of post-PCT the cycle should be considered finished. My goal now is to gain 7 lbs without an increase in body fat, although a drop in body fat would be great! I'm going to focus on the basics: diet, proper exercise, and sleep.

Supplements:
* Oryx Goat Whey
* ON 100% Egg
* ON 100% Casein

* Scivation Xtend
* Bulk BCAA
* Bulk l-leucine
* Bulk citrulline malate
* Bulk beta alanine

* SNS TTA
* Scivation Sesamin
* Bulk 1-Carboxy
* Bulk yellow gold

* Calcium & D
* Vitamin C

==========================================================

Round 2!

Current stats:
* Weight: 173.5 lbs
* Cycle start date: Sunday 6/21/2009

Target stats:
* Cycle end date: Saturday 8/15/2009

Supplements:
Same as before, adding:
* VatAttack
* Salvia Miltiorrhiza (supposedly prevents re-deposit of fat while using TTA)

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Round 1: Progress stats and pics

* Pic 01 day zero, 04/26/2009: 173 lbs @ 14.7%BF - time to crank it up! :whip:
* Pic 02 end of week 1, 05/03/2009: 171 lbs @ 14.7%BF. -2 lbs from previous week, -9 lbs from goal. Time to increase calories!
* No pic end of week 2, 05/10/2009: 173 lbs @ 14.7%BF. +2 lbs from previous week, -7 lbs from goal.
* Pic 03 end of week 3, 05/17/2009: 170 lbs @ 14.7%BF. -3 lbs from previous week, -10 lbs from goal - Time to eat more!
* Pic 04 end of week 4, 05/24/2009: 170 lbs @ 14.7%BF. no change from previous week, -10 lbs from goal - Looks like I'm still not eating enough!
* No pic end of week 5, 05/31/2009: ???
* No pic end of week 6, 06/07/2009: 171 lbs @ ?%BF. -9 lbs from goal. ugh, I really need to get my act together! :whip:
* No pic end of week 7, 06/14/2009: Stats unknown, forgot to record and take pic... grrr...
* Pic 05, end of week 8, 06/21/2009: 173.5 lbs @ ?%BF. -6.5 lbs from goal. Slight improvement, need to increase calories on a weekly basis! :whip:

Attachments

Last edited:
TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
we are almost exact same stats! I am 5'7 170-174. Good luck man! Are you mesomorph?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Howdy and thanks!

I guess I'm between ecto and meso; definitely not endo - I'm too small :)

usmc03

usmc03

Awards
Purpose of log: Track progress on my journey from 173 lbs to 180 lbs.

Current stats:
* Weight: 173 lbs
* Cycle start date: Sunday 4/26/2009

Target stats:
* Cycle end date: Saturday 6/20/2009

Background: I just finished an Xtreme Tren cycle and logged cycle, PCT, and post-PCT for a total of 14 weeks. This log could be considered a continuation; I decided to create a new log since after 4 weeks of post-PCT the cycle should be considered finished. My goal now is to gain 7 lbs without an increase in body fat, although a drop in body fat would be great! I'm going to focus on the basics: diet, proper exercise, and sleep.

Supplements:
* Oryx Goat Whey
* ON 100% Egg
* ON 100% Casein

* Scivation Xtend
* Bulk BCAA
* Bulk l-leucine
* Bulk citrulline malate
* Bulk beta alanine

* SNS TTA
* Scivation Sesamin
* Bulk 1-Carboxy
* Bulk yellow gold

* Calcium & D
* Vitamin C
Good luck bro your supps look good.
What type of program will you be doing?:usa1:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro your supps look good.
What type of program will you be doing?:usa1:
It is a combination of things:
* Scivation book The Lean Mass Diet
* Individual plan from Bobo's FLA Deluxe Muscle Building Program
* P90X
* Other books I have like Health for Life, Starting Strength, and Brawn series.

I am going to focus a lot on leg work to get the natural test pumping - I hope it works :)

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you silver!

What is the Oryx like? I've never tried it; does it taste different then regular whey or any comments on it?

usmc03

usmc03

Awards
It is a combination of things:
* Scivation book The Lean Mass Diet
* Individual plan from Bobo's FLA Deluxe Muscle Building Program
* P90X
* Other books I have like Health for Life, Starting Strength, and Brawn series.

I am going to focus a lot on leg work to get the natural test pumping - I hope it works :)
Nice I got P90X but have not used it let us know if its worth the try. I am trying to focus on a lot of leg work to for the test pump. Wish you the best of luck bro.:usa1:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Nice I got P90X but have not used it let us know if its worth the try. I am trying to focus on a lot of leg work to for the test pump. Wish you the best of luck bro.:usa1:
I've had P90X for over a year now - used it solid when I first got it for a little over a month and the results were pretty amazing. Thanks for the encouragement.

Good luck to you silver!

What is the Oryx like? I've never tried it; does it taste different then regular whey or any comments on it?
Oryx Goat Whey comes in two flavors, chocolate and vanilla. It is not as sweet as a lot of other protein powders, but I'm used to it. It does not give me any digestive problems like regular whey does - that is the only reason why I started using it. An added bonus is the supposed higher bioavailability.

A few months ago I added egg and casein powders into my daily supplementation and they don't give me any problems either, which is great! :) .Thanks for the encouragement.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
how did you get your % for your bf% skin folds or a scale?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
how did you get your % for your bf% skin folds or a scale?
Skin fold using caliper I bought. I'm sure the measurement is not 100% accurate, but some measurement is better than none :) I could see the value drop while I was on the V diet, and then it increased during PCT - forgot to use a cort blocker, ugh...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
good luck bud. I'll be watching.:wave2:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 1: 05/03/2009

I had a business trip which ate into my daily routine. I hit the gym hard Friday and Saturday. No amount of BCAA is completely taking care of DOMS, in fact my body feels like I completely tore it up... It kind of feels good because I haven't felt like this in a while.

Lost 2 lbs, but muscles feel fuller - no change in BF%... time to up calories.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I had a business trip which ate into my daily routine. I hit the gym hard Friday and Saturday. No amount of BCAA is completely taking care of DOMS, in fact my body feels like I completely tore it up... It kind of feels good because I haven't felt like this in a while.

Lost 2 lbs, but muscles feel fuller - no change in BF%... time to up calories.
good work so far bud!!:wave2:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... so we had pinto beans with corn bread for dinner two nights in a row... I think that's going to affect my BF% this week... eek!

I did P90X cardio this morning in hopes to offset the extra carbs so late in the day, we'll see how it goes.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
... so we had pinto beans with corn bread for dinner two nights in a row... I think that's going to affect my BF% this week... eek!

I did P90X cardio this morning in hopes to offset the extra carbs so late in the day, we'll see how it goes.
Love me some cornbread!!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 2: 05/10/2009

Back to 173 lbs, no changes in BF. Sorry, forgot to take pic this morning on empty. I'll post early tomorrow morning on empty or may just post next Sunday.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 3: 05/17/2009

Down to 170 lbs! Caliper does now show a reduction in BF% but I look leaner in the mirror... I need to up calories again.

I also started taking the following twice a day: 30 mg synephrine, 5 mg yohimbine, 100 mg caffeine, and 81 mg aspirin. All this in addition to the TTA-500 twice a day.

Perhaps I'm going to heavy on the fat burners... I want lean muscle but I may have to accept some BF with it...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 4: 05/24/2009

... ugh, no change from previous week, still at 170 lbs... I wonder if the stimulants and fat burners are interfering with my growth. I'll increase calories again and see if weight increases, otherwise I'll discontinue the stims and fat burners for a while...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Eh! I haven't updated my log in a while. Updates coming this weekend...

Also, I won a 30 day supply of USPowders VatAttack, so I'll be incorporating it to my log, stay tuned...

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed your Tren Log so I will follow this one as well. I bought VAT Attack, but will probably save it for cortisol control on my late year The One PCT. Hope you enjoy your results with it!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Hey Silver3CSRT8! I too hope the VatAttack works on me, I think it will... but I must bust my a$$ either way - lean gains don't come easy :) :whip:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 8: 06/21/2009

Well, I'm sitting at 173.5 lbs... not exactly what I was aiming for, but not giving up.

I'm taking my first meal too late in the day around 9:30 am - this is a problem. Going to move some things around and keep moving forward - I need to get more meals throughout the day.

Lastly, I was randomly selected and won a 30 day supply of VatAttack. I started taking it today, and will take one cap upon waking and one at night before bed.

I'll update program and stats on post #1 and press on.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Round 2: Progress stats and pics

* Pic 1 end of week 1, 06/28/2009: 175 lbs @ ?%BF. +1.5 lbs from previous week, -5 lbs from goal. Something is working! :)
* Pic 2 end of week 2, 07/05/2009: 173 lbs @ ?%BF. -2 lbs from previous week, -7 lbs from goal. It seems I gained some fat then lost it...
* Pic 3 end of week 3, 07/12/2009: 173 lbs @ ?%BF. -0 lbs from previous week, -7 lbs from goal.
* Pic 4 end of week 5, 07/26/2009: 175 lbs @ ?%BF. -? lbs from previous week, -5 lbs from goal. Sorry, no progress pic for the previous week.
* Pic 5 end of week 6, 08/02/2009: 177 lbs @ ?%BF. +2 lbs from previous week, -3 lbs from goal.
* Pic 6 end of week 7, 08/09/2009: 177 lbs @ ?%BF. No change from previous week, -3 lbs from goal. Time to modify diet. :whip:
* Pic 7 end of week 8, 08/16/2009: 177 lbs @ ?%BF. No change from previous week, -3 lbs from goal. EAT!!! :whip:

Attachments

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Round 2 (second 8 weeks): before and after

* 06/29/2009: Started at 175 lbs
* 08/16/2009: Ended at 177 lbs

Summary:
* During my bulk I dropped from 175 lbs down to 173 lbs then back up to 177 lbs.
* I still don't know if the issues that came up were strictly related to the combination of the supplements I was using, work related stress, or both.
* Currently sitting -3 lbs from 180 lb goal, and -23 lbs from ultimate goal of 200 lbs.

Attachments

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 1: 6/28/2009 @ 175 lbs

Current weight is 175 lbs - woot!

I decided to take inventory of my supplement lineup and give my body a break from most things. Here is what I used and didn't use during the first week of this second edition of my 8 week clean bulk:

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed. This is a first for me, wanted to remove most supplements in case I notice adverse effects to make it easy to address
* NP Yellow Gold: 1 "00" cap before each carb meal - I think this is what led to my gains because I know I must eat within 15+ minutes of taking yellow gold
* Fish oil: 6g split across meals during the day
* Oryx Goat Whey protein powder as needed
* ON 100% Egg protein powder as needed

Supplements not used:
* SNS TTA-500
* Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Salvia
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders 1-carboxy
* USPowders P-Slin
* Scivation/PrimaForce Sesamin
* Scivation Xtend
* Bulk BCAA
* NP Bulk L-Leucine
* PrimaForce Citrulline Malate
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine
* ON 100% Casein powder

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In... I will like to see the change when the VAT Attack! is added...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
In... I will like to see the change when the VAT Attack! is added...
Hey there, thanks for joining in. This is the end of the first full week of VatAttack incorporated into the lineup. I suspect the change will take a few weeks to become noticeable... but I must also work my a** off - no magic pills here, they help but don't do all the work, I got to do the work haha :) :whip:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 2: 07/05/2009 @ 173 lbs

Current weight is 173 lbs, -2 from previous week, -7 from target.

I decided to take inventory of my supplement lineup at the start of round 2 of this log and give my body a break from most things. Here is what I used and didn't use during the second week of this second edition of my 8 week clean bulk:

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed.
* NP Yohimbine HCL: 5mg upon rising (taken with VatAttack), 5mg later in the day depending on how I feel.
* NP Yellow Gold: 2 "00" caps 15+ minutes before each carb meal - Increased dose from 1 cap to 2 caps.
* SNS TTA-500: 1 cap twice daily.
* Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Salvia: 1 tab twice daily (taken with TTA-500)
* Fish oil: 6g split across meals during the day.
* Oryx Goat Whey protein powder as needed.
* ON 100% Egg protein powder as needed.
* Scivation Xtend: 2 scoops intra/post WO.
* Bulk BCAA: 1 scoop (Xtend size scoop) intra/post WO.
* NP Bulk L-Leucine: 8g intra/post WO.

Supplements not used:
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders 1-carboxy
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine
* ON 100% Casein powder

Changes to exercise routine: I added some cardio in the morning again, usually 30 min to 1 1/2 hours after dosing VatAttack and Yohimbine. I noticed I had gained fat and my workout partner mentioned it too, so I'll try to shave it off while keeping/gaining muscle... tricky...

Changes to the supplement lineup for the coming week: Not sure if I want to increase the TTA dose or add 1-carboxy. I got to be smarter with my diet and bust my a** in the gym, don't want to rely on supplements more than I should - no magic pills here :whip:

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
In as well man...Keep up the good work bro!!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 3: 07/12/2009 @ 173 lbs

Current weight is 173 lbs, -0 from previous week, -7 from target.

I decided to take inventory of my supplement lineup at the start of round 2 of this log and give my body a break from most things. Here is what I used and didn't use during the third week of this second edition of my 8 week clean bulk:

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed.
* NP Yohimbine HCL: 5mg upon rising (taken with VatAttack), 2.5 mg later in the day depending on how I feel.
* NP Yellow Gold: 1 "00" cap 15+ minutes before each carb meal - Decreased dose from 2 caps to 1 cap, started feeling strange taking 2 "00" caps. 3 caps daily total.
* SNS TTA-500: 1 cap twice daily.
* Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Salvia: 1 tab twice daily (taken with TTA-500)
* USPowders 1-carboxy: 1 "00" cap 30 min before workout, 1 "00" cap at bedtime (sometimes 15/30 min before bedtime)
* Fish oil: 6g split across meals during the day.
* Scivation Xtend: 2 scoops intra/post WO.
* Bulk BCAA: 1 scoop (Xtend size scoop) intra/post WO.
* NP Bulk L-Leucine: 8g intra/post WO.
* Oryx Goat Whey protein powder as needed.
* ON 100% Egg protein powder as needed.
* ON 100% Casein powder as needed

Supplements not used:
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine

Changes to exercise routine: Did three days of full-body exercise, two were heavy on legs. Missed three days in the gym but managed to get morning cardio in the same days. Goal was to get 6 resistance workouts and 3-4 cardio.

Notes: I read some articles on berberine (yellow gold) and found some information indicating possible interaction with yohimbine, thinking about dropping one of the two from my supplement lineup, not sure which one...

In other news, I think I look leaner but managed to stay at same body weight. Pic coming tomorrow - forgot to take it on empty this morning before going to gym.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 5: 07/26/2009 @ 175 lbs

Current weight is 175 lbs, +2 from previous week, -5 from target. Progress pics posted here.

I decided to take inventory of my supplement lineup at the start of round 2 of this log and give my body a break from most things. Here is what I used and didn't use during the fifth week of this second edition of my 8 week clean bulk:

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed
* RPN AlphaBurn: 1 cap upon rising (taken with VatAttack), 1 cap 6-8 hours later between meals

* USPowders 1-carboxy: 1 "00" cap 30-45 min before workout, 1 "00" cap at bedtime (sometimes 15/30 min before bedtime)
* Sprouts Green Tea: one cap 30-45 min before workout with 1-carboxy
* NOW P-5-P: one tab 30-45 min before workout with 1-carboxy and EGCG

* NP Yellow Gold: 1 "00" cap 15+ minutes before each carb meal, 2- 3 caps per day total
* SNS TTA-500: 1 cap 3-4 times daily, 15+ minutes before a meal
* Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Salvia: 1/2 tab 3-4 times daily (taken with TTA-500)

* Scivation Xtend: 2 scoops intra/post WO
* NP Bulk L-Leucine: 8g intra/post WO mixed with Xtend
* NP Bulk BCAA: 1 scoop mixed with Xtend

Supplements not used:
* NP Yohimbine HCL
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine
* NP Bulk Super Cissus RX

Changes to exercise routine:
* Two weeks ago I was out of town and most of my exercise was cardio: 5 cardio sessions, 2 resistance sessions - all in the morning on empty
* Moved most of my workouts to morning on empty. I've also started mixing in full body rutines and super sets.

Notes:
* I must have been taking too much yellow gold, or some of the other supplements made me more sensitive to it. I started feeling very strange, dizzy, like I haven't eaten all day - even if I timed yellow gold to 10-15 min befoe carb meals. I reduced the dose and feel much better.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 6: 08/02/2009 @ 177 lbs

Current weight is 177 lbs, ? from previous week, -3 from target. Progress pics posted here.

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed
* RPN AlphaBurn: 1 cap upon rising (taken with VatAttack), 1 cap 6-8 hours later between meals

* USPowders 1-carboxy: 1 "00" cap 30-45 min before workout, 1 "00" cap at bedtime (sometimes 15/30 min before bedtime)
* Sprouts Green Tea: one cap 30-45 min before workout with 1-carboxy
* NOW P-5-P: one tab 30-45 min before workout with 1-carboxy and EGCG

* NP Yellow Gold: 1 "00" cap 15+ minutes before each carb meal, 2- 3 caps per day total
* SNS TTA-500: 1 cap 3 times daily, 15+ minutes before a meal
* Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Salvia: 1/2 tab 3 times daily (taken with TTA-500)

Supplements not used:
* NP Yohimbine HCL
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine

* Still doing most of my workouts in the morning on empty, some during lunch. I'm still mixing in full body rutines and super sets.

Notes:
* Despite all my efforts it seems I may have gained a little fat, look at the pics and tell me what you think.
* I had a weird and fairly horrible week, to the point where I stopped taking most supplements on Thursday, it felt like something in my lineup was messing with my head. I had trobule focusing, got emotional, edgy, snappy, and to some degree panicky yet careless... these are not good attributes for me.
* I've reconsidered my lineup and will make drastic changes starting today. Most of what I'm taking is going back on the shelf for a while. Adding a couple of items I've used before, everything else goes on the shelf.
* I'm also ready to completely revamp my exercise routines. More to come.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Everyone relax, I made it. :lol:
So I take it you're trying to make this as clean a bulk as possible eh? Good luck with the last 3lbs

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, as clean as possible. My real target is 200 lbs of lean muscle - one step at a time :)

Thansk for the encouragement.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, as clean as possible. My real target is 200 lbs of lean muscle - one step at a time :)

Thansk for the encouragement.
You will be diesel if you get 200 lbs of lean muscle! But it can be done! Good work so far man. Just did this myself and am feeling great!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.

It seems I took a step back this week, I let work related stress mess up my diet... ugh... tomorrow is weigh in day, I hope the damage is not too great...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 7: 08/09/2009 @ 177 lbs

Current weight is 177 lbs, No change from previous week, -3 from target. Progress pics posted here.

Supplements used:
* USPowders VatAttack: 1 cap upon rising, 1 cap before bed. Last week of VatAttack - I'm all out.
* NP Yohimbine HCL: 5mg - 10mg daily split into two doses, decided to move away from AlphaBurn due to sinus congestion. However, I've decided to stop taking Y as well.
* Sprouts Green Tea: 1 - 2 caps daily, one pre-WO, other later in the day as a "pick me up"
* NOW P-5-P: one tab daily, usually with first meal

Supplements not used:
* SNS TTA-500
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine
* RPN AlphaBurn
* USPowders 1-carboxy

* Still doing most of my workouts in the morning on empty, some during lunch. I'm still mixing in full body rutines and super sets with light cardio at the end of endurance routine.

Notes:
* Still, despite all my efforts it seems I may have gained a little fat, look at the pics and tell me what you think.
* I started feeling much better after removing most supps and will keep it simple for a while.
* This coming week is the 8th week of round 2 of this saga... I'm considering running a cycle of something before the ban...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 8: 08/16/2009 @ 177 lbs

Current weight is 177 lbs, No change from previous week, -3 from target. Progress pics posted here.

Supplements used:
* Sprouts Green Tea: 1 - 2 caps daily, one pre-WO, other later in the day as a "pick me up"
* NOW P-5-P: one tab daily, usually with first meal
* Scivation/PrimaForce Sesamin: 3 caps daily split across meals during the day

Supplements not used:
* NP Yohimbine HCL
* USPowders VatAttack
* SNS TTA-500
* SNS RK-500
* USPowders P-Slin
* NP Bulk Beta Alanine
* RPN AlphaBurn
* USPowders 1-carboxy

* Still doing most of my workouts in the morning on empty, some during lunch. I'm still mixing in full body rutines and super sets with light cardio at the end of endurance routine.

Notes:
* Not much changed from previous week, look at the pics and tell me what you think.
* Still feeling much better after removing most supps and will keep it simple for a while.
* This is the last week of my attempt to bulk clean up to 180 lbs. I'm considering running a cycle of something before the ban... stay tuned, and thanks for reading my thread.

P.S. This is me after today's morning workout on empty. There's a little bit of pump in me :D

Attachments

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I used it at a lower dose than recommended, so I probably didn't get the effects earlier. I really didn't feel anything like when taking stims or NO.