Man Im stuck and need advice

mtwabo

Awards
I have been lifting for about 2 years now, I work out between 3-4 days a week and I work out in the morning around 5:30 for about an hour. The only two body parts that I combine when lifting is when I do my arms. My chest I work alone as well as back and shoulders and Legs which I rotate each other week. I am 6'3 and weigh 200lbs and I have never lifted as much at 35 today then I ever have in my life. But something is wrong with me I cant seem to get over the plateau and I need some advice on putting together a muscle building stack or a better way to workout

I have tried pretty much all the usual suspects like No-plode, Superpump 250, Torrent and Intra Aid. I have found the best supplements to use for me is Animal Pump pre workout and Muscle Milk afterwards and before bed on days I train. Currently I have tired Cellucor m5 along with the muscle milk it was great in the beggining but today I had a very weak Chest workout, and Im thinking about trying something else.

As for my Diet I eat 3 egg whites and 3 yolks each morning scrambled, and then I eat a cottage cheese or banana for a snack and usually eat either chicken or fish for lunch and for dinner more chicken or something with good protein.

Maybe I am being hard on myself but I feel that with what I can lift which is pretty heavy I should be seeing more results, I know with my height it is tougher than a shorter person because of my reach, but I still feel I need to change something up here is my my normal routine

Day 1 Chest
Flat Bench
12 x 225
10 x 245
7X 275
3X 295
1 X 315

Incline
8X 175 3 times
3 X 225

Decline
12 X 205 (3 sets)

Cables 2 sets high, and 2 sets mid level

Back
3 sets lat pull downs 140, 150, 160
3 sets rows 120,130,140
3 sets of db rows 80 lbs 10-12 reps each side
Pull ups weighted, 3 sets to fail

Shoulders
Smith Machine Upright rows 3 sets
Shrugs 3 Sets 305
Arnold Presses 3 sets at 65
Front Rows 3 sets
and usually one more exercise

Arms
21's 3 sets
Hammer Curls 3 sets
Flat Bar curls 3 sets
Skull Crushers 3 sets with 45's usually 8 reps
Pull Downs 3 sets
Over head pull downs 3 sets
DB behind head 3 sets 65 lbs

Legs
Squats light, 3 sets
Seated press 3 Sets 4 plates usally on each side 3 sets

Thanks for any advice or tips you can share with me

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you've plateaud. switch out all exercises you can't progress in - switch out barbells for dumbells, etc. and add deads to your back day :)

mtwabo

Awards
Thanks for the advice I did Deadlifts this morning, man I feel great afterwards but sore as hell too.

MikeMagz1013

Awards
Switch up the routine order and reps also. Put on weight/decreased reps and vice versa. Also, try doing different muscles on different days. The muscles get too used to routine and this can cause them to grow at a slower rate because they don't feel challenged. You gotta force your body into growing and shock the muscles into thinking that they NEED to grow. Because they do:)

BJohnson88

Awards
Try adding a small amount of complex carbs to your diet. Carbohydrates are the bodies natural source for energy, and keeps glycogen levels up to get through your workout. This will no doubt add some lbs on you, at 6'3 and 200 lbs you prob arent worried about a few lbs.

If you are a believer in creatine, a good quality creatine supplement can be beneficial. Do some research on a product called KreAlkalyn, its a higher grade quality creatine.

As far as pre-workouts, have you heard of a product called Arnge Krush by BioRythm? This product is similar to BSNs NO-Xplode and Cellmass, except it has both the "energy" supplements of NO and the Creatine matrix of Cellmass combined into one.

jkgultimate

Awards
My advice to you is switch your routine completely every 6 weeks.

After 6 weeks, your muscles/cns starts to adapt to the exercises. Even start to combine two muscles a day (Split).

Monday:

Chest/Triceps

Tuesday:

Back/Biceps

Wednesday:

Legs/Shoulders

Thats just an example. After 6 weeks on this routine, switch back to your old routine with a slight switch. For example, instead of a flat barbell bench press, do it with dumbbells same goes for your incline.

The best pre-workout supplement for me at least is Shotgun V3. I have tried NO Xplode, superpump, Nano Vapor and so far Shotgun is the way to go. Not to mention its cheaper and you only need one scoup.

Looking at your diet, it looks lik you need to eat a lot more if you want to get bigger.

To maintain your body weight, you need to eat 3000 Calories a day. Now if you want to get bigger (Grow), you should add another 500 Calories and see how that works out for you in a month. If you noticed you didn't gain much, add another 500 Calories for the next month.

To grow, you need a proper diet, proper lifts (Which you have, just need to switch up) and proper rest.

If one of these category lacks, you won't progress.

DipsRus

Awards
By seated press, I assume you mean leg press? How big are those plates, 45's or 100's? If your squats are light and you only leg press 360 pounds that could be it right there. If you leg press 800 than NM.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
just some quick input of mine

i was seriously contemplating a cycle of halodrol, even bought my whole
cycle/pct needs.

Got on here one day and was convinced to get my diet in check, so i tried it
instead of doing the halo

Started eating planned out meals each day for example
3 potatoes
3 whole eggs
1 cup of oatmeal
6 pieces of bread
4tbs peanut butter
daily

Im not on any supplements and havent been since 2 months before college
let out this summer.

Monday will be week 4 and ive gained 13lbs.
first 2-3 weeks i would flucuate 3-4lbs, now im at a stable 173lbs.

So maybe you could try that out, those are very inexpensive food items
to buy every few weeks.

Good luck bro