What should i do to get bigger

GREENER

Awards
I am 20 years old and have been training for about 4 months, i started at about 165 and im about 180 now, but i cant seem to get over this weight. i have basically only be supplementing protien so i want to know what i should do from here.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
As you gain weight, your total maintenance requirements go up. Thus, to continue to gain additional weight you will need to increase your total calorie intake. Do you know:

1. What your maintenance calorie level is in terms of total calories required?
2. What your macronutrient makeup is (carbs vs. protein vs. fat) on a typical day?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every single post will tell you to EAT, but don't take it as condescending short answer, it's quite true.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
EAT!!!! you need food! lots and lots of it!!!! and lift heavy weight and hit the compound lifts and you will grow simple as that

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
Every single post will tell you to EAT, but don't take it as condescending short answer, it's quite true.
yeah, definitely not meant to be taken in a condescending fashion, just eat ALOT lol

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes you do need to eat more, but you could also take a mass gainer protein powder. just make sure as you increase you calories to work on your core. you dont want to gain weight in the wrong areas.

GREENER

Awards
i am eating alot but i also dont want to get like super bulky you know, like i have an athletic build, but i want a bigger one. like i want a shape for the beach, do you know of any supplements that could help with that.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am eating alot but i also dont want to get like super bulky you know, like i have an athletic build, but i want a bigger one. like i want a shape for the beach, do you know of any supplements that could help with that.
Beef in large quantities.

The answer to your question contains perhaps not an infinite number of variables, but you're asking for an EXTENSIVE Christmas list we can all break down with our preferred products.

Look around a bit, I almost went into seizures thinking of all the possibilities.

SWOLL

Awards
for only 4 months of training those are some pretty impressive gains!
but like everyone else said, EAT!!! 4-6 Sub-sized meals a day, along with 2-3 protein shakes!!!! Your gains will come, just stay committed!

GREENER

Awards
well basically i have tried nitric oxide, protien and creatine, and didnt really get solid results so just wondering what the next step is is getting a sick body for the beach

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
That is a huge gain in 4 months mate, perhaps your body is telling you to slow it down

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I am 20 years old and have been training for about 4 months, i started at about 165 and im about 180 now, but i cant seem to get over this weight. i have basically only be supplementing protien so i want to know what i should do from here.
Your body won't grow unless it's forced to lift heavier weights than it did the last time...after it's forced to lift heavier weights, it needs adequate food to rebuild...once it has enough food to rebuild, it needs enough time to repair.

Lift Heavy, Eat Big, Sleep Long...

joelast

joelast

Awards
Constant progression in and out of the weight room. Always try and put a few extra pounds on the bar, or squeeze out one more rep than before, that will ensure you muslces are growing. Also keep on trying new routines your body could be adapting to what your trying to do. Most importantly you need to constantly learn what you body responds too, what food fuels you the best. Your body is really one of a kind and If you don't know it no one does.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what you need to supplement is your patience.

Show of hands for how many guys in here have gained more than 15lbs in the last 4 months? anyone? no.

take your time, 4 months in you haven't even had time to figure out what sort of diet best suits your body, or what sort of training does.

speaking of training though, have you changed your workout routine at all since you started?

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Let me chime in here seeing no one else said this.... Eat, eat, eat! :biglaugh:

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
It pains me to hear people say this. Just up your calories, and you will start to grow (assuming you have a good training regimen, which I assume you do, based on your gains you listed). It's not like your gonna wake up one day and be like "****, I'm bulky!!!!" It is a very gradual process. If you think you are starting to look too "bulky", taper down your calories. Pretty simple really (at least in theory).

For supplements, I would suggest NeoVar. Creatine+nutrient partitioner. I think you would be pretty pleased with the results.

And not to beat the dead horse or anything..... but eat. cheers.

GREENER

Awards
alright guys thanks for the help ill eat more and just be patient.