Critique My BULK Diet!

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
MON WED FRIDAY I take 4 BCAAS and do 30 mins of cardio right upon wake then ill have my shake, then go home to eat.... on tuesday and thurday here is a normal day w//o cardio

Wake- 4 BCAA, Multi, Fish/Flax oil; Calcium/Vit D pill; right after--
Breakfast: 5 eggs 1 yolk; 1 cup plain oats (taken down with water); 1 banana
Snack: 2 scoops whey protein in water; 1/2 cup plain oats (with water)
Pre workout 10-12 oz. ground beef; 1/2 cup brown rice; 1 cup broccoli or green beans.

--Workout--

Post Workout: 1 fast carb choices-(fruit, fruit juice, powerade) 2 scoops whey protein in water

Half n hour after Chicken 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup broccoli

Dinner: Chicken, Steak, or Pork with 1 cup broccoli

Bed: 2 scoops whey in water; large amount of water (sometimes ill add chicken or eggs depending if im hungry late)

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Diet looks clean and good. The only thing I would recommend is Casein protein before bed for a slower digesting protein to get you through the night. This is usually what I like to do so I don't wake up starving. If your trying to get in extra cals as well use milk instead of water to mix in your protein shakes. It will get you extra protein, simple carbs, fats (if you use anything other than skim), and extra calories.

tattoopierced1

i'd scrap the protein shakes before bed and eat some cottage cheese.

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
The diet looks great.

1- add more protein to your breakfast, like 1 scoop of whey.
2- i'd use other than fruits to restore gylcogen after workouts like oats or waxymaize or dextrose or maltdoxtrin
3- add milk instead of water at night before bed, 1.5 cup of milk and 1 scoop of protein works great.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
dont ever add maltodextrin. use whole foods like fruits

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
How many cals is that? seems a little light, imho, for a bulk any way. I add in pb with whole grain bread, etc. I shoot for 4000 cal or more when bulking, as clean as possible, but im no saint when it comes to diet on a bulk.meat, meat meat.

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
im looking into rocking Scivation BULK Diet 5000K cals... its ridiculous lol

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
Got a waist and lowerback and butt problem bulking. Any suggestions? im 5'10 1/2 227

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
Diet looks clean and good. The only thing I would recommend is Casein protein before bed for a slower digesting protein to get you through the night. This is usually what I like to do so I don't wake up starving. If your trying to get in extra cals as well use milk instead of water to mix in your protein shakes. It will get you extra protein, simple carbs, fats (if you use anything other than skim), and extra calories.
No wonder im waking up more hungry now!

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
i dont understand how you can keep tight bulking. If my waist was down more.... then id be... dang! lol even cardio 3 days a week, plus abs

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i dont understand how you can keep tight bulking. If my waist was down more.... then id be... dang! lol even cardio 3 days a week, plus abs
imo, there is no such thing as a lean bulk. (natty anyway). For me you bulk or you dont.

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
great point. i dont think there is such thing either. Either way when my cals up the waist likes to join too no matter how clean and consistant i am.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
great point. i dont think there is such thing either. Either way when my cals up the waist likes to join too no matter how clean and consistant i am.
without a doubt. If you know your body, and what it takes and how long it takes to cut, then bulk away without fear of some fat. I am still on my way up from 188. am 214 now. Before i cut to 188 i was 215.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
WHY !!

actually fruits and that been debated before does not restore body gylcogen as fast!

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/81/4/1495 just to back up what i'm saying
I'm not arguing that fruits are the BEST carbs for post workout. But they are a natural sugar and whole food...therefore contain fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Maltodextrin is a man mad substance thats WAY higher than standard white refined sugar on the GI. If he's at all concerned with how much BF he will put on bulking, then he can do better than maltodextrin.

SDis623

SDis623

Awards
carpee i see what you are saying... where do you find malto high in... what products?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
carpee i see what you are saying... where do you find malto high in... what products?
malto will mostly be in supplemented weight gainers/protein products.
ABB drinks like Mass XXL and other kinds have it. I just read labels and watch out for it.

Bottom line is, noone but pros have 100% perfected diets.
I tend to try to stay away from man made sweeteners, and stick to whole foods as much as possible. I mean fruits and vegetables were created for a reason...why use these crazy chemical sweeteners that we don't even derive calories from, but still spike insulin.