Very Very disappointed...

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
hey everyone, so for a solid year now ive been hitting the weights crazy hard, 5 days a week, good splits making sure i dont overlap groups, proper rests, great supplamentation and ive been reading article after article on how to gain lean mass. ive went from 205-235 and to myself i think i look bigger in the mirror. but i took my measurements today and they havent even budged!!!, i dont know if that makes sense? whats going on!? my bodyfats only gone up 3% during my 8 months of bulk and ive gained a good 30 pounds so that cant ALL be fat! my confidence is completely shot and i dont know what to do.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not sure bro. Measurements were the same all over? You sure the scale is right? This doesn't make any sense at all. WTF!!! I feel your pain man!

yoked317

yoked317

Awards
Ok, so here is a theory, you have gained 30lbs so far but only 3% body fat, maybe your muscle size increased as the outer layer of bf around the muscle decreased, now your muscles look harder and more filled out, but are relatively the same size as before.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
ive tried more than one scale.....and i look bigger in the mirror but u can also tell i gained a bit of fat!..i dont know, very discouraging

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep at it man. If you feel bigger, chances are that you have gotten bigger.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Would you mind posting routine, diet, and cardio schedule? If you want those addressed, of course.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can't imagine how you gained 30lbs with no measurement changes.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...How did you test your bodyfat? If it was by calipers can you post the caliper readings for each site? I really like getting my bodyfat tested by calipers because it is an easy way to see where I'm gaining/losing bodyfat...

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Whats your overall body fat? 3% of 235 is 7 lbs. if the rest is muscle I'd say your doing just fine.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
well ive gained an additional 3% to 12% so all together im about 15% bf..

my routine is as follows:
day1: chest/tris
Incline Barbell Bench: 5X5
Flat DB Press: 3X8-10
Decline DB Flies: 3X10-12
Cable Crossovers: 2X15
Skull Crushers: 4X12
Tricep Pushdowns: 3X8-10

Day2: Back and Biceps
Wide Grip Pullups (weighted): 5X5
Supinated Grip Pulldowns: 3X8-10
Seated Row: 3X10-12
Reverse Flies: 3X12
Standing Barbell Curl: 4X12
DB Hammer Curl: 3X8-10

Day3: rest

Day4: Legs
Squat: 5X5
Romanian Deads: 4X12
Leg Ext: 3X12
Lundges: 3X8-10

day 5: rest
then back to day 1

Example of diet:
breakfast:
5 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, banana, glass of milk
morning snack:
8oz cottage cheese, scoop of whey, mixed berries, whole wheat crackers w/ pb
lunch:
8-10oz of meat,1.5cup mixed veggies, 2 whole grain bread slices, tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pre workout snack:
scoop of whey, sweet potato.
intra workout:
20gBCAA
Post workout:
30g glucose
25g waxymayze
60g protein
15g glutamine
Dinner:
same as lunch
snack after dinner:
same as pre workout snack
PreBed:
8oz cottage cheese, tbsp of olive oil

supplamentation:
X Factor 1000mg/day
Creatine 10g/day
whey throughout day
glucose/waxymayze as stated in post w/p
casein protein to sometimes sub cottage cheese
Xtend BCAA: 20g intra

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Stay off of scales they do nothing but discourage people. Mirrors tell the truth

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...How did you test your bodyfat? If it was by calipers can you post the caliper readings for each site? I really like getting my bodyfat tested by calipers because it is an easy way to see where I'm gaining/losing bodyfat...

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
How has your strength progression been?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely no reason to have your confidence shot!..not at all buddy,imo!..you hardened up! and like jiminis said dont trust scales,trust mirrors!..do this test on the daily!..wrap your first finger around your wrist to meet your thumb on the other side,if it touches then your not doing so well with size,but if it doesnt' meet. then your doing pretty good.and you can do it on the daily bro,you will see/feel it(distance between finger and thumb) start to spread.then you know your getting more size.thats how i regulate myself.just a pointer to help you out.;)

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
i tested with calipers, but i got tested, i dont have a record of the site measurements...but i do feel fatter.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha...don't know what to tell you in that case...I keep track of the individual measurements for each site in a spreadsheet...That and the tape measure numbers help give me a better overall picture...

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Also,

Do you take progress pics? That helps me a great deal too...whenever I feel small, or fat I can look back at the progress I've made and it makes me feel better...

If you can't tell I'm big on documenting everything ;)

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
What? I was asking for the readings HE got when testing his bodyfat...my point being that the areas that aren't any bigger by tape measure may have leaned out...
My bad bro. Must have misread your post.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
if u look bigger in the mirror and u've gained in lifting (i.e you can lift more than you can when u first started), then you've GAINED.... the weight scale is too generic.
Measuring tapes show u a value at one place at one time....

e.g a person can have 19 inch arms with a full carbo-load and creatine load or after a workout (when they're under the pump) but have perhaps 17 inch arms while running empty. Just an example...

i take measurements, weight measurement as well as many pictures... pictures help a lot.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Take weekly or monthly pictures and measurements to guide your progress and prevent surprises. If you go for too long you may not see areas that need improvement early on.

If you have pictures of your progress post them - you may be huge but just don't see it.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Hang in Bro! 30lbs with and extra 3% is a great gain. Have you had any feedback from others? And maybe I missed it, but how tall are you?

We all go through it, we see ourselves every day, so objectively, it's hard to tell if we are gaining. Plus, a lot of it is gonna be solidifying the legs, which takes up a lot of the weight. 30lbs even if it were half fat (I know it's not) is excellent...you must look bigger.

But I hear ya, after a GOOD cycle and solid PCT a gain of 10lbs kept and I'm strong as an ox. But at 6'1", I think Im the only one who can tell the difference. I think the bigger you get, the more it takes to make a big difference in the visual department.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
ya definately the bigger you are the harder it is to tell in size gains....an additional 5 pounds is going to look way different on a guy thats 5'8 150 than on a guy thats 5'11 235...thanks for inspiring words bro