Teenage Football Player looking to lose weight and gain muscle

cedrone50

Awards
Hello, I am a 17 year old football player who is currently 5'9 and 225 lbs. My goal is to be between 190 and 200 lbs and very strong and ripped. I eat 4 meals a day. Meal 1 5:30 am I eat 3 eggs with cheese and some wheat toast plain or sometimes with peanut butter and a banana. Meal 2 is at school during lunch around 11 am, I either bring a chicken sandwich or i buy a chicken cesar salad at school. Then after school i go to the gym i do 15 mins of cardio then lift then i finish with another 15 mins of cardio. Then when i get home i drink my protein shake which is 60 grams of protein. Then i eat dinner between 6-8 pm then go to bed and repeat.

Right now i am taking a protein shake, multivitamin and fireball inferno cla to burn fat. I take those as directed on the instructions.

What can i do to get the results i want such as workouts and a better diet and any other supplements i need to take.

It would be great if someone can help me, it will be extremely appreciated.

Basketball23

Awards
Well first of all you seem to be a very dedicated player. But supplements are supplements they help but diet is 80 percent of ur gains. First off your meal plan is absolutely horrible. HORRIBLE!!!! this will help you out Meal 1 500 am Protein Shake, whole grain oatmeal, apple and bannana Meal 2 620 4 eggs 3 slices of turkey bacon and 2 slices of whole wheat toast Meal 3 9am Turkey Breast and Cheese on wheat bread 11am a salad with chicken and a chicken sandwich Meal 4 Preworkout meal 205 Tuna Sandwich, Protein shake and a bannana 330 Postworkout Postworkout shake and 1 hour later eat another tuna sandwich 530 eat what is for dinner unless its unhealty 8pm turkey sandwich 9pm protein shake then bed

Your supplements should be Labrada Pro v60, Labrada creatine,Labrada glutamine, multivitamin, multimineral,BCAA,along with your fat burner

if u have the money those r the supplements I suggest but remember eat healthy and dont buy from GNC

cedrone50

Awards
ok basketball 23 but im trying to lose weight and i dont exactly have all the money in the world to buy all that food and thank you for your input but i would like to get more opinions until i take yours into consideration, but thank you for your input

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
take in lean proteins and good carbs..
oatmeal/turkey/chicken/whole wheats/fishes/tuna..
Your trying to base it around a school schedule: which isn't exactly the easiest to do.. I'd suggest possibly making a protein drink with about 100grams of protein with you to school and sip throughout the day..
Your on the right track, if your really trying to lean out then you want to up the cardio and increase salad and vegie intake... don't completely remove carbs from your diet however: specifically your post workout meal.
I'm an extreme "ectomorph" who has a high metabolism so I've never taken any weight loss supplements and can't help you there however.
General consensus just take lean proteins (as stated) with some greens included..
You can also try to eat your meals slowly which will help you get fuller faster: hence less calorie intake

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1: Eat six meals a day.
2: Combine carbohydrates and protein with every meal with veggies at least twice a day.
4. Do 12 min warm up cardio-then lift- then finish with longer cardio then you have been doing.
5.Train at your Fat Buring Zone.
6.Replace 1-3 meals with a protein drink if you would like.
**The key is to train at 65% to 75% of your target heart rate zone. Your age tells me you need to train between 132-152 heart beats per min. That's 65 to 75% of your heart rate zone.
Do not exceed 152 beats per min. and stay above 132 bpm.
Invest in a heart rate monitor. (Cheapest you can find will work)
Stay within this range while working out for optimal results.
After all this is program was made for you specifically with gaining muscle while shedding some pounds.
While your lifting if your heart rate drops cause your waiting for a machine do sit ups or push-ups anything to keep your heart rate in the zone.
Here is a list of protein's
Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Lean ground turkey
Swordfish
Orange roughy
Haddock
Salmon
Tuna
Crab
Lobster
Shrimp
Top round steak
Top sirloin steak
Lean ground beef
Lean ham
Egg whites or substitutes
Trout
Low-fat cottage cheese
Here is a list of Carbs
Baked potato
Sweet potato
Yams
Squash
Pumpkin
Steamed brown rice
Steamed wild rice
Pasta
Oatmeal
Barley
Beans
Kidney beans
Corn
Strawberries
Melon
Apple
Orange
Fat-free yogurt
Whole-wheat bread
High-fiber cereal
Whole-wheat Tortilla
Whole grains
List of veggies
Broccoli
Asparagus
Lettuce
Carrots
Cauliflower
Green beans
Green peppers
Mushrooms
Spinach
Tomato
Peas
Brussels sprouts
Artichoke
Cabbage
Celery
Zucchini
Cucumber
Onion
Fats
Avocado
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Cold-water fish
Natural peanut butter
Low-sodium nuts
Olives and olive oil
Safflower oil
Canola oil
Sunflower oil
Flax seed oil
let me know if you have any questions. Best of luck this season!!!!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
ok basketball 23 but im trying to lose weight and i dont exactly have all the money in the world to buy all that food and thank you for your input but i would like to get more opinions until i take yours into consideration, but thank you for your input
Figure out what you like, what's healthy and what's cheap. Then eat enough of it spread evenly throughout the day to total 2600 calories. Done deal.

Basketball23

Awards
if u eat healthy food it will help ur metabolism go up

cedrone50

Awards
Thank you Marcus ATW that information is awesome, it is gunna help me out so much. All the foods you gave me are gunna be truly appreciated. I was wondering though on how much food i should eat in each meal and if you could maybe help me out with a workout routine because sometimes i don't know if im doing the right stuff. Well it would be great if u could help me out or any body else for that matter.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you Marcus ATW that information is awesome, it is gunna help me out so much. All the foods you gave me are gunna be truly appreciated. I was wondering though on how much food i should eat in each meal and if you could maybe help me out with a workout routine because sometimes i don't know if im doing the right stuff. Well it would be great if u could help me out or any body else for that matter.
I would take the approach taken by Phillips in the "Body For Life" book; Phillips suggest a fist full of a protein and a fist full of a carb with each meal.
A workout for gaining muscle quickly to prepare for a football season and to reduce risk of injury is to first.
1. max out benching.
2. max out on squats.
This will give you a gauge of your strength and give you feedback on the gains you have made with this workout. Plus it can tell me where you need to start your weights for now ill use bench 145 as an example.
You said you did 15 min of cardio before so get a stretch in after your cardio and stretch at the end of your workout.

3 x 8 all exercises
Drop 5 pounds each set
**The next time you work out start 5 pounds heavier using same method.see bottom**
ie.
Monday Chest and Tri
Bench 145 x8
140 x8
135 x8
incline 3x8 same method
decline 3x8 same method
----------------------------------------
Tri Push Down (high pully) 3x8
Lying Tri extension (skullcrushers) 3x8
Tri Push Back 3x8-
---------------------------------------------
Tuesday off or Cardio and Abs (Train in fat burning zone)
Wed Back and biceps
Lat pull down 3x8
Seated rows 3x8
bent over rows 3x8
biceps
straight bar curl 3x8
db curl 3x8
preacher curl 3x8
Thursday rest or cardio and abs
Friday Legs and Shoulders
Squat 3x8
leg curl 3x8
leg extentions 3x8
lunges 3x8
-----------------
shoulders
upright rows 3x8
front db lat raise 3x8
side db lat raise 3x8
**next time you do chest and tri you now start with bench
150x8
145x8
140x8

These exercises are just basics.
Control all movements when lifting!
Dont be THAT GUY pushing heavy weights with no form.
Its quality not quantity.
Always use a spotter (he has to help you finish the set if you get stuck).
Ask your strength coach or head coach if this works for him.
He might want you doing cleans and dead lifts etc.
After 2 or 3 months you would change up these exercises for new ones to trick your muscles.
Lastly, get a physical and ask your doctor if your cleared to work out.
Let me know if you have any ?'s

cedrone50

Awards
Thank you so much Marcus ATW, you've been a great help

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you have any questions just call the store 800-866-1970.
If you get stuck doing a set have your spotter get you through it.
Make sure you bring a pen and paper with you to document each set.
If you can not finish the set on your own, the next time you do that exercise drop 10-30 pounds and work your way back up. This will make you stronger.
Your bench and squat max, will go up anywhere between 50 to 125 pounds ;)

cedrone50

Awards
Marcus ATW I have one question to ask you, i am going to be taking NeoVar and i wanted to know wats your take on it and if it will make me feel bloated. I hate the feeling of being bloated.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If your trying to cut why would you take a creatine product. If your going to take it wait until you lose the weight first.

cedrone50

Awards
so theres no way i can take the neovar and still lose some weight?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sure you can lose weight but wouldn't you want to lose as much as possible? You are big enough right now. You said you would like to lose 30 pounds. You can gain water weight at any time by taking creatine. Or you can eat a lot of red meat if you really want the creatine. I think it is more of a psychological advantage for motivation to get in the weight room is it not? There is nothing wrong with that but lose the weight first. That is your goal you can always take this product in 2 or 3 months. The work out you have is perfect for making gains.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get down to 190-200 then take the product as a reward for hitting your goal. Trust me your going to make great gains with nutrition guide/workout. Did you max out yet?

cedrone50

Awards
with the holiday season and all the hassle i havent gotten a chance to hit the gym but ive been running around the block with my dog to try to stay active, im prob gunna get back to going on the 5th. Ive been using my 40lb dumbells i have at my house and doing various lifts with them, but no havent gotten back to the gym yet

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cool!! You have a plan that's half the battle. What position are you trying out for? What year are you?

cedrone50

Awards
well i was a defensive tackle and a left guard but we just got a couple of good kids for those positions. We had a couple of seniors at defensive end so thats why i want to cut weight so i can try for defensive end, it will abviously help me get quicker. I will be a senior next season by the way. I also want to know if i should take casein protein along with my regular whey, but take the casein before bed.

cedrone50

Awards
i also wanted to know if i should take bcaa and leucine

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are taking 3 servings of protein a day, you will have enough bcaa's in those 3 servings. If you are eating as directed you really do not need Casien. If you or your parents don't mind spending cash on Casien then go for it.

cedrone50

Awards
alright so ill take the casein before bed? I also wanted to know if i should take leucine?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you think it will help then don't let me talk you out of the BCAA's/Leucine. Find out first from your amino acid profile how much you are getting with each protein serving. Then find out how much want to supplement.

cedrone50

Awards
Its not that your talking me out of it, a friend told me to take bcaa and leucine, and i wanted to know if its really necessary, i just wanted your opinion on it. I also wanted to know if i should take the casein before bed or when i should take it? Trust me i am appreciating all of this.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is so expensive the casien that is, use it sparingly at night. Split the serving size with your protein. This way it at least will taste good.

cedrone50

Awards
ok so i still want to know your opinion on if i should buy bcaa and leucine?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If your taking 3 servings of Protein you really do not need it.

cedrone50

Awards
Hey Marcus ATW, its been a while since we talked and i just wanted to ask you if i should drink a preworkout drink to get me goin u know. I also wanted to know if i should do HIIT cardio because ive heard great things about it. I also realized that im not drinking 3 shakes a day, i drink one after working out and i drink a casein before bed, but im doing really good on my diet eating carbs and protein with every meal and eating about 6 times a day. I just wanted to update you and see wat u think about the preworkout drink.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of pre workout drinks out there. We have a good one with our no2xplode. You might want to take a fat burner before your workout instead. If your only drinking 1 or 2 shakes a day you then can add Bcaa's if you would like since you would not be getting enough with your protein. Lost any weight yet? How is the workout going?

cedrone50

Awards
Well ive started taking a cla pill and do u recommend a good bcaa. The workout is doing real good, and ive only lost a couple of pounds, but i def am starting to notice that im losing some inches. I also wanted to know if u think i should do the HIIT cardio? Ive heard great things about it.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
cED

Well ive started taking a cla pill and do u recommend a good bcaa. The workout is doing real good, and ive only lost a couple of pounds, but i def am starting to notice that im losing some inches. I also wanted to know if u think i should do the HIIT cardio? Ive heard great things about it.
All Bcaa's are the same it all comes down to the ratio. Hiit is good but do u recall me advising you to get a heart rate monitor and staying in your heart rate zone? The key is to burning fat besides dieting is to do cardio or weight training in your target heart rate zone.

cedrone50

Awards
ya i remember about the monitor but i honestly would have no clue where to get one.

cedrone50

Awards
Hey Marcus ATW i have a couple of questions to ask you. 1. My workouts are goin good but i noticed that i really suck at benching, everything else is fine its just the benching is weak. I'll do 135 8 times pretty easy then ill do the 130 and the 125 also 8 times also easy, but then i start to notice my arms get really tired and when i get to incline and decline its really hard for me because my arms are so tired. 2. All my other main lifts (squats and deadlifts and the other stuff i do each day) i have been going up with the weight each week with no problem, but once again my bench still suffers. I've been at 135 for the whole time and i feel 145 although isnt that heavy i struggle keeping my form and finishing all 8 reps. I want to beable to bench alot more than 145.

So i was just wondering if im doing something wrong or if you suggest any preworkout supps to get me in the zone or something...

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bench is the key that is what you will be tested on before the season starts.
Just concentrate on getting stronger with your bench.
Incline is a very tough exercise compared to decline obviously.
Keep moving up 5 pounds when you do you bench that's the main goal.
Here are a few things that worked for me when I was your age to help from feeling fatigued.
1)Do an exercise or 2 of tri's after you completed 3 sets of bench. (Take about 2-3 min break after each set) I know I told you to keep your heart rate in your burning zone but don't worry about it doing chest or any other major muscle group for that matter! This will help your recovery. (Do cardio after your workouts in your HR zone if you can)
2)Instead of doing straight bar incline or decline, do db press instead to mix it up.
3)After your Chest/Tri workout do as many push-ups as you can till your burn out.
Im proud of you man your doing great!! It takes a while for your chest to get used to doing bench! I guess it's time for you to take a supplement or 2 to give you an edge and you deserve it.
Whey Protein, No2XL and maybe Creatine MH I really liked Kre-alk personally!
BTW did you get the physical we talked about?
Ask your doctor and your parents before you buy these supps! And let the great guys in here know your goals and that your a player etc. and ask what they recommend. Keep up the great work in the weight room!!!!!

cedrone50

Awards
i cant find kre-alk or No2XL on nutraplanet, where do u suggest i buy them

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have No2XL here send me your address ill send you a few days worth to see if it works well worth your genetic makeup. Kre-Alk I also have here we are going to release in about a week. Ask someone on here where they get it or if they recommend a certain company for kre-alk. In fact let them know your situation and ask them their opinion ask "should I take creatine mono or Kre-alk? I was taking Kre-alk for a few weeks and had to stop I was actually getting to big.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
wwwamericanpurewhey. com
This company has no2 its called nitrixx and kre-alk brand new company. I played college football with one of the guys there.

cedrone50

Awards
If u want to send me a sample of the no2xl my adress is
3 Warren Street
North Billerica, Massachusetts
Zip code = 01862

and wat exactely is kre-alk cuz ive never heard of it thanks if u can send me th e sample of No2XL

cedrone50

Awards
another question will kre-alk make me gain any unwanted weight and my friend is taking a free testosterone booster and he loves it and i was thinking of taking one maybe during the summer, can i take one and if so wat is a good one if u know any

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/115317-my-log-weight.html

this is my meal plan so far, look at it. No comments on it so im assuming its decent enought to where no one wanted to post. lol

and for BCAA's im taking XTEND lemonade version, and its VERY tasty, I feel like im breaking my diet drinking it. Its that good.

oh and I use to play football to man, dont worry so much about bench, (what do you play?), you're not gonna be taking the bench on the 50 yd line and lifting.
you're playing ball, sometimes technique comes into play(im sure you know this but since its the off season id worry about what I do in the weightroom too).

I use to be a center, I was a beefy 5'8 and 245 lbs. ask away.

Max bench was 315, max squat was 595, max clean 275, max incline 255.

Also this just in:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/115524-scivation-xtend-study.html#post1782170

lookin good.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi Poon, I think you need eat healthier, this post makes seldom sense.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CED

another question will kre-alk make me gain any unwanted weight and my friend is taking a free testosterone booster and he loves it and i was thinking of taking one maybe during the summer, can i take one and if so wat is a good one if u know any
Hey Ced,
Kre-alk will give you some water weight and will help your get stronger so lets refrain from it for about a month or two (because of the water weight). Lets keep shedding the unwanted weight and then maybe in mid June or early July use kre-alk.
Your body is producing plenty of testosterone considering your age. I think your fine for now with whey and NO2xl. If your not taking 3 protein drinks a day you can add BCAA's to your list.

How are you doing with your nutritional program? How are you feeling? How is your cardio going?

If you want to boost your testosterone levels try doing sprints after your workouts. You still need to run to get in FOOTBALL SHAPE. Treadmill, Bikes and ellipticals are great for cardio but running is key. So run a few sprints after your weight training. This will have you ready for 2 a day's during camp.

You can talk to 30 different people on your team and they can be taking 30 different products.
So just keep it simple for now.

cedrone50

Awards
Ok thanks marcus and my cardio is goin great, i start out with a 12 minute warmup at my target heart rate and then lift then finish off with a 15 minute run in my target heart rate zone and on non lifting days i do 15 on treadmill,15 on bike, 15 on tread mill ,15 on bike all in my heart rate zone

And poon thanks for the support and i played d tackle last year but i want to thin out and switch to d end cuz we had 2 seniors that graduated at each end and theres a lot of competition at d tackle next year so im aiming for d end and also i heard that xtend is good, how good is it cuz i right now have been taking scivation whey and i love it so i wanted to know how good xtend was for a future use maybe

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks marcus and my cardio is goin great, i start out with a 12 minute warmup at my target heart rate and then lift then finish off with a 15 minute run in my target heart rate zone and on non lifting days i do 15 on treadmill,15 on bike, 15 on tread mill ,15 on bike all in my heart rate zone

And poon thanks for the support and i played d tackle last year but i want to thin out and switch to d end cuz we had 2 seniors that graduated at each end and theres a lot of competition at d tackle next year so im aiming for d end and also i heard that xtend is good, how good is it cuz i right now have been taking scivation whey and i love it so i wanted to know how good xtend was for a future use maybe
xtend is for use before, during and after a workout.
Its helps with muscle retention during weight loss or cutting and helps rebuild muscle while working out and after. Its like gatorade almost, drink a glass before you workout, sip a glass while you workout and drink a glass after.
Defensive end? man, dont worry bout power TOO much, make sure you get speed and quickness to catch the quick halfbacks on the outside.

Instead of doing long sessions of cardio, sprint alot. Sprinting will definitely help you build up speed. You're gonna need it if you wanna start varsity and play with the big boys. In high school speed is very underrated everyones always looking for your bench and squat, but trust me on this one. Bust a 4.6 on your 40 and you'll get noticed quick.

cedrone50

Awards
thanks poon and i might definetely consider taking xtend sounds good

also i am kind of fast for a chubby/fat kid so im trying to cut my weight and fat down while building my muscle, i tend to do sprints and stuff during the summer on our team field a couple of months prior to the summer practices and if u have any more advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

cedrone50

Awards
Marcus are you still gunna send me the No2XL so i can try it, and if u do is it gunna be the pill or the powder?

personaly i tend to believe powders work better