Anyone competing or are we all sleeping

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
So is anyone out there getting ready for a show? Bigpete you coming to N.H. to get on stage?

For anyone in the area great show to come to on Oct7th.

Going to have Bill Willmore and some nice local talent there. Anyone in the area let me know if you are going.

NPCNewEngland.com

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
April 7th of '07 here in Michigan. I gotta get bigger!! ahaha. My first and last show I was 193.4 when I stepped on stage. That was June 10th. Now August 31st I am 229.5. I hope to step on stage at 205+ and be more conditioned than last time! What about you Ripped? When is your next event?

drumirvin

Awards
I am 8 weeks our from the NorthStar (Minnesota). Can't wait till it's over seeing as Thanksgiving is right around the corner...time to get bulkin for the winter.
Drum

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
what up you two

Yo rysigpi what up man, how is it going bro. So post some pics man lets see your gains. Glad to see you are going on to more shows. You will get better each show and learn more about your body and training.

I am in a serious mass gain phase, I am trainig for either Team Universe or JR USA next year if I can get large enough. I am going to post some pics in a few weeks to let you guys see the new me.

Let me know if you need any help

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
yo Drum what up, hey lets see some pics man. What are your stats

drumirvin

Awards
Hey Rip,
I am a light heavy. I will be coming in at 192 to 194 this next contest. Hope by next year I will hit close to right at 198. I am only 5'7" so I hopefully I will look pretty thick by then. May be when I growup I can become a heavy weight and play with the big boys. Highlyl doubt it...I would be right back at the low end side of the heavies which would kill me. I like sticking to the high light heavies. Guess we will have to wait and see what kind of bulker I can do this winter.
Drum
I will have to get some pics up...never posted any before so I will have to go through some of my contest pics and make sure I get a good one..

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
at 5'7 ther is no doubt you will look thick. Good luck man.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck all that have the nerve and will to compete while those of us watch from the side lines. Much respect.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
hey we need people in the crowd man, that is what I feed off of.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm trying to keep lean abit as I gain quality muscle.. Tired of gettin' fat and smooth and having to diet for months before the actual contest cut-up.. PDI plans to start an amateur division, I may see what they do before I gamble on a local show just to get beat by a vascular broomstick.. ;)

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Pete, as big as you are man you would have no freaken worries man. Are you planning on coming up to at least see the NH show. VPI?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I compete now I'd end up top of the middleweights, hence my vascular broomstick crack.. If I can't compete at least 190lbs dry and full, no need for me to even consider it.. It's possible I may pop in to NH for the prejudging, we'll see.. ;)

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
cool, le me know man, damn you looked like a freaken heavyweight in that last pic you had.

twok5limatoc

Awards
hey ripped, do you of any competitions in hawaii?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
No man, no shows in Hawaii for me. Is that where you are

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing my first show next March here in AZ. It's a natural NPC show and I'll be competing in the teen division and then the novice of whatever weight class I come in at. I've never done this before so we still don't know what class I'll come in at...we'll see.

BigBill

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm doing my first NPC show this October 28th here in Las Vegas. It is a pretty big show, Jay Cutler is the guest poser. I'm jumping into the light heavys at (hopefully) around 190-195lbs. Here are some pics of me about a week ago. They were done with no pump and in the early morning of my last very low carb day (that is when I like to do pics, so I can compare them when I'm in the same carb state). I just started my cardio this week and have been dieting for about a month now. I'm down to about 6% body fat already. I know I need alot of work, but I should do pretty well.

So is anyone out there getting ready for a show? Bigpete you coming to N.H. to get on stage?

For anyone in the area great show to come to on Oct7th.

Going to have Bill Willmore and some nice local talent there. Anyone in the area let me know if you are going.

NPCNewEngland.com

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
good luck rpen22, keep us informed on your progress. If you need any help feel free to ask.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Big Bill, man you should do just fine, your back is wide as it can be. Overall yuor body comp is great for this far out. Keep up the hard work keep us all up to date

BigBill

Awards
Thanks guys. I feel pretty confident about this show, I know two of the judges and they say that I'm going to go great. I've been training natural for the past year so I'm not as big as I use to be (I really see it in my triceps... they are really sucking right now), but overall symmetry and hardness is there. So I might not be the biggest guy in my class, but I should be one of the hardest and symmetrical on stage. I'll keep posting my new pics that I do every few weeks to show my progress.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good luck rpen22, keep us informed on your progress. If you need any help feel free to ask.
Thanks a lot! I'll keep you guys up with my progress and let you know how it's going, but as of right now it's goin really well.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Wow Big Bill - you are 2 months out at 6% - I am just hitting that now, with a show in a week - you are in a great position to get ripped to pieces - best of luck to you

BigBill

Awards
I just took my b.f.% this morning and it said that I was down to 4.3%. Now I don't think I'm really that low because I did the front side measurements only (the j-p method). When my wife gets home I'll have her check my back measurements (durin method) and take the difference of the two. But still in all, I'm dropping every day and I just began my cardio a few weeks ago. Also, I'm not yet on my cutting "supplements" yet, just a few fat burners. Next week I'll be 6 weeks out and then it is on. No cheat meals at all, no dairy or fruit, 5x a week cardio, etc. I'll keep you all posted on my progress and new pics as I take them.

Wow Big Bill - you are 2 months out at 6% - I am just hitting that now, with a show in a week - you are in a great position to get ripped to pieces - best of luck to you

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HEY Ripped1 I am doing my DEC.9th show feeling like I am going to win it all. Well at least I am approaching it that way. I have been in the background, learning, and gained some mass. As last time I steped on stage at 200lbs I will be on stage at 220-225 ripped to the bone brother! Got my diet right, got the right coach, and NOW I GOT WITH THE RIGHT COMPANY that supports research, and innovation, so the sky is the limit!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
apowerz, good to hear you are getting back on stage man. I look forward to seeing you a second time around. You will learn so much more and not have to second guess your self this time. That is good to hear man. Look forward to seeing the pics. You still have plenty of time to put on some mass before cutting down. Are you sticking to a more basic diet this time?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Way to go Apowerz! That is a huge jump in less than a year! My june show I was 193.4 on stage. This coming April I know I will be at least 205 and way more shredded:dance:

It awesome to hear of other peoples progress/experience...makes us know we are not the only ones sacrificing things to be the best that we can be :bb2:

HEY Ripped1 I am doing my DEC.9th show feeling like I am going to win it all. Well at least I am approaching it that way. I have been in the background, learning, and gained some mass. As last time I steped on stage at 200lbs I will be on stage at 220-225 ripped to the bone brother! Got my diet right, got the right coach, and NOW I GOT the RIGHT COMPANY that supports research, and innovation, so the sky is the limit!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Way to go Apowerz! That is a huge jump in less than a year! My june show I was 193.4 on stage. This coming April I know I will be at least 205 and way more shredded:dance:

It awesome to hear of other peoples progress/experience...makes us know we are not the only ones sacrificing things to be the best that we can be :bb2:

WAY to go Rysigpi! and Ripped1 yes my diet is very very basic, no nonsense, as I have a coach who is well versed in competitons, as he is a national level competitior himself. But I know I am the one who has to diet, and I will win my show, thats my mind set, so far so good.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Bigbill Sounds like you do the carb up meal, then go without for a few days? What BF% are you shooting for? I have done that with Beverly International, where you have one big carb meal every 3 days, then take straberries and shakes, and chicken / hamberger, and salads the rest of the time. this time around for me it s a slow carb depelete - white fish for every meal, and just cut more carbs down. Starting to really suffer in the evenings with a week to go - can't wait to start carbing up Wednesday. Till then, evening cardio is tough. You gotta love the results - What do you eat just before prejudging? I am thinking of Arginine, Lysine (for pump) and for vascularity -- I am thinking of Dates (pitted). In the past - I ate junk and gained 3 lbs during the day and looked bad for the night show - would appreciate some guidance. Take care

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Apowerz6 - you should bottle that confidence - you would be rich!!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
If APowerz dont get richj, he will at least take 1st with all of his confidence. You seem way more relaxed than you did earlier this year.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
I just need to build some confidence - getting to 5% will help - you never know who will show up on contest day - Hes got the goods and I think that is great.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes i am way more relaxed as my coach is with me and on my ass! In addition I am going about this way differently. Also knowing that my diet will be tough, and getting over the jitters of stepping on stage makes it so much easier. And lastly AX is sponsering me, so I HAVE TO REPRESENT! hey ripped whas your email again I'll shoot you my plans...

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Cool - my NPC show is saturday - started carbing up yesterday: Tues was 2 gals water, 1 gal yesterday, 1/2 today. Dropping water weight: 180, 178, now 176.8. Waste is 31", chest is 44". Striating in the chest, quads, & intercostals. Posing alot & shaved up yesterday - so tanning spray tonight & tomorrow. Just got word the photo shoot sunday will also be video for a Training Video. So it will be alot of fun.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Apowerz6 - Ripped - any advice on what to take before going on stage - I have heard alot: trainer says some sweets like cheesecake is fine. I was trying to be more scientific with a "pump up" supplement, but with no water - blood will likely be pretty thick - any advice would be appreciated.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
here is what I used this year and it worked great. I do not believe in all sorts of junk food for sugar. On Friday the day before the show I simply ate as many WHITE potatoes as I could. About 8 lbs all together. I ate 2 boxes of plain granola during the day. I also had a little chicken. The morning of the show I had a regular meal ( chicken, brown rice). Then I snacked on granola handfull at a time when I was hungry) the rest of the morning till the show to keep the vascularity. Don't worry about the pump, you will get that when you go back stage and warm up. I sipped on 16 ozs of a glucose drink 1 hr prior to getting on stage. As you have seen it worked perfect. I have seen all kinds of **** people load there bodys with. Why take a chance and flatten out. There have been 4 of us that have used the exact diet and I kid you not all have placed first. We have a friend coming up in a show in 3 weeks. He will also use this diet and place first no doubt. If you have any questions ask away man. What ever you do at this point stay confident man. You are 2 days away. Good luck

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Well I have to be honest, the good news is I won the 40+ Masters Class at the NPC event. The bad news - I was the only one in my class. I tried to cross over to the open class since I thought I had a chance at the overall - the promoter told me not to. Since there were only 10 people that showed up - I guess he had an idea of who we wanted to win - and did not want a big show down. Makes no sense to me, but I learned alot - and have another show in 3 weeks. Plus I was in good enough shape for the photo shoot - which is for a book - and surprise, they decided to film raw footage for a Training video to support the book - I will add pics soon from the show and the session. I pigged out last night, and have gained about 8 lbs, but mostly water. Now back on a strict diet of fish and low carbs. Hardest thing I ever had to do was restrict water - Friday 16oz up to noon, then nothing (ok I had some ice to munch on) but is was tough - but I came in dry and hard and full from carbing up: no water - no spill over. But I was very grumpy - a painful head game. Any way, I qualified for the Masters Nationals next year, but I do not think I am ready for that level of competition - working now on loosing the fat off my lower back to get more of a christmas tree - but I weighed in at 177.25 at 5'11" - so I really need more mass. I may just build what I can and wait till next fall when I am 50 yrs old to compete at a National Level in the 50+ category - but think I am just to small on mass to bother before then. Once I post pics I would appreciate feedback - been doing this for 4.5 yrs and am still learning

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
hey man great tohear all the good things that came out of the show for you. It sounds like you had a great time and made it work for you. Ahhhh yes the grumpt carbs days, we all go thru that my iron brother. I to am in a position as you are. I need allot more mass to go to a National level show. But no fear I will get there in a year or two. Was this an NPC show or a natural show? Keep up the hard work and if you ever need some advice give a hollar.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Thanks - it was an NPC show - doing a natural show in 3 weeks. My only question in on pumping up - and going without water. Any tricks to enduring the water limit? I used some new NO supplement to pump up with (BSN Nitrix - new version, more powerful). Actually it was kind of funny (now), I took it in the morning before prejudging, and it took 45 min to work - after I came off stage. Then for the night show I used "Hot Stuff" and sweets - chocolate covered raisns, peanut butter cups, etc. And got vascular right away, and went out on stage 15min later - and the effect was over. So my timing sucks. I think I will use the Nitrix again. Do more posing, some side laterals, rows, and chest flys - just do not want to loose definition in my triceps so not doing pressing movements any more - lessons learned I guess - mostly I will just pose. Also, my calfs cramped up - is that from an electrolite balance problem? They are fine now

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I have never used much for pump up, Hot stuff seems to be a favorite of allot of competitors but also can leave a greasy effect. I like to look smooth as a baby ass with no greasy smears. It seems to happen to everyone what you went thru. Looking better at night. I have looked 10 times better a day later. Just stick with the nitrix that is all. As far as the cramps use some potasium pills and maybe some taurene till then. That should help with cramping. You don't need more than 20 minutes to pump up. PUsh ups, rows with an elastic cable, posing. etc. Just dont over due it you will flatten out and tire out. You may look 10 times better in 3 weeks or yo may not. The body is funny in that way, the important thing is you are getting to know how your body responds to diff. training and dieting.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the poor quality on the pics - bad angles, focus is weak - will post some photo shoot pics as soon as I get them. 49 yrs old - so I think I will be more competitive when I turn 50. I actually weighed in at 177.25 in the morning, but by evening was down another pound - water weight. I gained 9 lbs the next day and am back on the diet and have dropped about 4 of that - Take care

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Test, for 47 years old you look great man. No worries about doing good at 50 either. You had some nice cuts and abs. Great job.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NICE BROTHER! You look great and no worries you can do a national show with that physique...

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Guys - I appreciate it - the show was an NPC national masters qualifier - in 3 weeks is a Natural Nationals - SNBF - so I will let you know how it goes. Keep us updated on your progress - shows coming up - etc. 36 hrs without water is pure hell - but when I complained to my wife- she told me to shut up - she did it during child birth. That shut me up

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ya I guess there is no arguing with a pregnant wife. You will have no problem in an all natural show.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
I am now planning to compete in the Xcalibur NPC show in Calf on Dec 2nd - so I have 10 weeks planned out to try and refine my lower back, and build Quads & pecs - the old wish is back "I want to gain mass while loosing fat"! I bet you all never heard that one before.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking great Test. Keep up the great work.