who competes/plans on competing within next year or so

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i finished my first show in june and learned a TON from it, i'm curious who else on the board competes or plans on competing in the relatively near future

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
define relatively near future. i'll probably be game in about 2 years. now, that i've got my diet down, the possibilities are endless.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Every year I tell myself that this is the year but I always feel like I don't have enough size to dominate. Plus I don't know how to find out about shows in my area....Hey Glen PM me bro as I know we are in similar areas....I am from Dirty Jersey!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thinking about it in another year or so...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Lookin at it 2 years down the road, so summer of 07...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to comepte in the NPC NY Metropolitan Bodybuilding competition in MArch of 2006.

Going to start dieting down in late November (the day after Thanksgiving). Yes, that means I'll be dieting during Christmas. No I won't be eating dessert Christmas Day. Sounds harsh, I know, but it's my first competition, and I can't go into it half-assed.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm considering it in the next couple of years. I need to lose the fat first to assess where I'm at :eek:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I may do it one day if I decide that dieting for 12 weeks ain't that bad.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I may do it one day if I decide that dieting for 12 weeks ain't that bad.
It sucks until you get down around 10-12% and you start seeing the definition come through:D

j_neatherlin

Awards
I did my first contest last year. Started prepping for one this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year.

duckway

Board Supporter
Awards
I plan on competing next fall (2006). Glenihan, how tall are you and what was your competition weight? Just curious, it looks like we have the same body type.

Mr.Striation

Awards
I have, do, and will, done for this year though, next one will probably be may or june 06.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guys at my gym always ask me if I compete. I just might give myself a local trophy before my 40th bday... :head: Well at 5'11" I think I'd have to be a good 225 ripped to get anywhere.................

In the meantime, the arcade here will do. :p

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Guys at my gym always ask me if I compete. I just might give myself a local trophy before my 40th bday... :head: Well at 5'11" I think I'd have to be a good 225 ripped to get anywhere.................

In the meantime, the arcade here will do. :p
friggin arcade. :FUfinger:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
I plan on competing next fall (2006). Glenihan, how tall are you and what was your competition weight? Just curious, it looks like we have the same body type.
5'8 176lbs middleweight .. although i fucked up carbed up a bit too soon and weighed in at 179 making me a shitty light heavyweight lol

i'm glad to see so many people aspiring to compete and actual competitors as well

honestly though for your first show i think you should diet for 16 weeks as opposed to 12 just to give yourself enough time

i can't wait to see beelze all oiled up with a deep tan in a posing suit with all those tattoos haha :lol:

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I have thought about it quite a bit, but its only going to work probably whenever I get over this need for gaining as much strength as possible, I would just hate not being able to move as much weight as I used to. I know the diet part would suck, but I really dont think I would mind it too bad, for one I really dont enjoy eating, and even the diet I am eating now trying to bulk some is extremely tasteless and bland lol. I am definately considering it though, just need to bring my calves up a scoche:D When I decide to do it, it will be with Bobo for sure.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I have thought about it quite a bit, but its only going to work probably whenever I get over this need for gaining as much strength as possible, I would just hate not being able to move as much weight as I used to. I know the diet part would suck, but I really dont think I would mind it too bad, for one I really dont enjoy eating, and even the diet I am eating now trying to bulk some is extremely tasteless and bland lol. I am definately considering it though, just need to bring my calves up a scoche When I decide to do it, it will be with Bobo for sure.
It took me forever to get the mental strength to start cutting. It really hasnt been that much of a struggle - but then again its taken me quite a bit longer than 16 weeks to get where I am and Im by no means cut yet.

Started in March at 240 lbs and ~17.5%BF, right now Im about 223 and in the high 11's. I'm aiming to hit around 8-9% by the end of November, and that will make it a 36 week cut! I basically cleaned up my diet A LOT, eat ~500 cals below maitenence and every 4 days or so I eat a little above maitenence. 3-5 sessions of 20-30 minute cardio per week. Only supps other than a multi are UniLiver, CissusRX and Camphobolic.

By taking it *real* slow Im actually up in weight in nearly all my exercises. Not by too much - but Im slowly gaining strength while consistently losing fat so Im pretty pleased:D

HIGHLY recommend reading the 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle' E-Book by Tom Venuto. A lot of the stuff in there you'll already know, but there's a ton of good advice in there about conditioning your body to burn fat while retaining the maximum amount of LBM.

The misconception 'You can't cut naturally without losing muscle and strength' is a myth.

BV

duckway

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks Glenihan, that is great motivation. I thought I was a bit light this summer to compete 6 ft. 210 @ about 6% bf.. It appears I should quit being a pussy, start practicing poses and just do it.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
definitely man .. to be perfectly honest you probably are a bit light .. but so was i .. who cares its a great experience and fun as hell .. after you dropped all your water i'm sure you would be under 198 and you'd be at the top of the light heavies .. perfect my man :)

so sack it up and quit being a little bitch ;)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I still have a winter of muscle growth but I need to stop procastinating... :rant: :rant:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
definitely man .. to be perfectly honest you probably are a bit light .. but so was i .. who cares its a great experience and fun as hell .. after you dropped all your water i'm sure you would be under 198 and you'd be at the top of the light heavies .. perfect my man

so sack it up and quit being a little bitch
Glenihan how are the weight classes set up? For instance - if you come in at 205 does that put you in a 'heavyweight' class where you have to compete against a guy who is 240?

Also, even as an amateur do you get time on stage to do a solo posing routine, and can you choose your own music?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Glenihan how are the weight classes set up? For instance - if you come in at 205 does that put you in a 'heavyweight' class where you have to compete against a guy who is 240?

Also, even as an amateur do you get time on stage to do a solo posing routine, and can you choose your own music?
i'm not sure about bantam and light weights but

middleweight 146lbs (i think) - 176.25
light heavies 176.5 - 198.25
heavies 198.5 - 225.25
super heavies 225.5 and up

obviously you want to try to be in the top of your weight class, but for a first show don't even worry about what you weigh in at because you have NO idea how your carbing up and water dropping will go and to try to guess is assanine ... after doing it just once you will have a MUCH better idea of how to set things up for your next show

and yes shows are set up with prejudging, where there are typically 2-3 "rounds" of quarter turns and mandatory poses ... this is where the actual judging is done .. then the night show and each competitor will typically get a 1 minute routine (at a local show) and he gets to choose his own music and routine

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i'm not sure about bantam and light weights but

middleweight 146lbs (i think) - 176.25
light heavies 176.5 - 198.25
heavies 198.5 - 225.25
super heavies 225.5 and up
bantam is up to 143(and change)
lightweight cuts off at 154 (and change)

i'm trying to move up to light-heavy. best case scenerio for that would be fall 2006.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
thanks for clearing that up kyfra .. i never paid attention to anything less than the max for middleweights :)

what do you weigh during your offseason kyfra?

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks for clearing that up kyfra .. i never paid attention to anything less than the max for middleweights :)

what do you weigh during your offseason kyfra?
i'm around 220 right now.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I've done 4 competitions so far. I took year off mainly for a mental break and plan to get back on stage next Spring/Summer. But now it is time to bulk :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
I'll just cheer you guys on instead. :woohoo:

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?
Right now: 5'10", 209 lbs. @ 6% bodyfat. I next bulking next Monday and hope to hit 230+ by January 1st.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
I'll just cheer you guys on instead. :woohoo:
If that is you in your avatar, you could DEFINITELY compete and do well.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I only do pie-eating contests.. :ntome:

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
im trying my hand at a show early october

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm 10 and 11 weeks out from my November shows. I'm doing the East Coast Championships and then the Eastern USA the week after. Here's my prep log with Bobo http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27383. This will be my 2nd and 3rd shows. I did my first show last year and won my class but lost the overall. Things will be different this year. And anyone looking for local shows in NJ just go to www.njnpc.org

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I will be doing my first competition either April/May 06, or July 06. I plan on doing at least 2 shows next Spring Summer, because I know the first one will be mainly a test get on track with my comp dieting the week before and what not. My goals are the first one to learn as much as I can, and the second to try and place top 3 in my class. I hope to be competing @ around 220ish which I think I can do. Right now I am currently 220, and the next 15 weeks I will be running my first cycle... test-e, eq, dbol hoping to get around 250. :) Then a month of just maintence then its diet down competition time. Hope everything goes according to plan. :) Gonna start a log here to keep you people motivating me from the start of my cycle. I figure a nice 30-40 something week log will be nice showing the bulking and dieting for the contest.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?

Hey Jverch, my dad had a similar thing, except the tip of his sternum was sticking out. Got surgery in about 1960. Said it was the biggest challenge of his life. They cut off part of his sternum and he got stitches basically from one side of the ribcage to the other... Took forever to heal, too. Was something like this suggested to you?

Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.

anadrol75

Awards
I have one competition under my belt. It was a learning experience to say the least. I made a ton of mistakes in regard to diet. I have a small frame and competed in the bantam weight class. I've got alot of work to do before I give it another go. I had so many people giving advice at the time.

anadrol75

Awards
You guys tell me what you think of this. I'll have a month off work in Dec. to do nothing but train and eat. I would like to start a log with before and after pics in a month or so. I can definatly use some criticism.

Post up your log Anadrol75, you'll get that criticism.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.
yes sir, I'll be doing the Teen class and middle weights at the East Coast on November 5th

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My (second and) last show was in Spring 1998. I was about 180. I told myself I would not compete again until I could step on stage at 200+.

Two years ago, I was almost ready, at my biggest and strongest ever. Then I snapped my rotator cuff. I am hopeful that I will compete again at the end of 2006.

bubba04

Awards
i plan to compete sometime middle to late spring

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.