Awards
  • Established
1) not a body builder
2) I am a PL guy but am considering doing a BB show

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
1) not a body builder 2) I am a PL guy but am considering doing a BB show
Looking thick dude! A good 12-16 week cut and you would be pretty lean!

What is your weight and height?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Looking thick dude! A good 12-16 week cut and you would be pretty lean!
If I did a show I would have to blow up to the 250s and maintain the lean I have now

I think ?

Reason being is with my PL stuff I would hate to cut for a show at my current size lose 20lbs and all that strength that goes with it

Whereas if I competed as a heavy weight that wouldn't be as much of an issue

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
If I did a show I would have to blow up to the 250s and maintain the lean I have now I think ? Reason being is with my PL stuff I would hate to cut for a show at my current size lose 20lbs and all that strength that goes with it Whereas if I competed as a heavy weight that wouldn't be as much of an issue
Bodybuild in the spring/summer and powerlift in the fall/ winter! Best of both worlds!

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuild in the spring/summer and powerlift in the fall/ winter! Best of both worlds!
Diet discipline isn't there yet
I do meal prep but not quite to the skills of a BB yet

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Diet discipline isn't there yet I do meal prep but not quite to the skills of a BB yet
Yes, diet is a major component for bodybuilding! Whats your weight and height?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'4
215lbs trying to get up to 225 now

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Beef and turkey

a.lopez94

Awards
You will look great, just treat your minor gyno issues before competing because when you are 5 percent body fat it become more noticeable

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
You will look great, just treat your minor gyno issues before competing because when you are 5 percent body fat it become more noticeable
Its most likely fat dude! Pseudo-gyno

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 5'4
215lbs trying to get up to 225 now
No need. If u cut down to 185-190lbs and get to around 6-7%, you'll win all but national shows.

Seriously. 215lbs @ 5'4"...you could be competitive in the 212 in Ina few short years.

Dem legs tho...how r they?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) not a body builder
You forgot legs. Unfortunately if your glutes are weak you can be...skimmed over. Post a glute pic (in boxers for god sakes) otherwise. .go for it. Never know if it's for you till you get lean enough for the pads of your feet to hurt. See how ya feel.
For men anyway...

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
No need. If u cut down to 185-190lbs and get to around 6-7%, you'll win all but national shows.

Seriously. 215lbs @ 5'4"...you could be competitive in the 212 in Ina few short years.

Dem legs tho...how r they?
My legs are small. I never have done much other than strength training for legs so they haven't grown much. I could gain a good 10lbs in my legs alone. Yet I squat 500lbs.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My legs are small. I never have done much other than strength training for legs so they haven't grown much. I could gain a good 10lbs in my legs alone. Yet I squat 500lbs.
Legs r everything in bodybuilding.

My advice - to get large legs quickly you'll need to stick with 12 - 25 reps then during contest prep you'll need to stick with 25 - 50 rep sets to get lots of detail in the quads and separation between quad/ham.

I'd start with 2 X 20 reps of squats @ 60-70% of 1RM then do a typical 3 X 12-15 reps on both leg press and extensions afterwards. Do this twice weekly and hit hams/glutes on separate days as well.

Calves need assortment and VERY high reps probably 2-3 times per week.

Focus on the pumps more than anything. Pumps + stretching + caloric surplus PWO = growth.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
you have the thickness to do well now if you get lean enough...trust me brother, you will never feel like you're big enough when you diet down. I still don't. The only way to know how you'll look when you get in contest shape is to do it. get the experience and work on improving from there. you will learn a ton about yourself and your body each time you go through a prep and competition. it's motivating stuff!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe you could do well...good luck!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yo Rocket when did you become a rep bro Congrats!
I have been a Rep for about (1) week, so I would say that make me Very Experienced !!

Thank you!

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Wow I have to show this to my buddy He is short too. No offense, I think he is like 5'6 and around your weight but you look way more jacked than him. He is more of a PL too. I hope you do a log on here I would most certainly follow that.

Interested in the meal prep also.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Wow I have to show this to my buddy He is short too. No offense, I think he is like 5'6 and around your weight but you look way more jacked than him. He is more of a PL too. I hope you do a log on here I would most certainly follow that.

Interested in the meal prep also.
I have a log here, its in the training section bud.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
1) not a body builder
Years ago I said for you to do bb not PL and you got pissed.

This is the exact reason you decided I was a bad guy, now your concetering doing a bb show? Oh well...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

This is the exact reason you decided I was a bad guy, now your concetering doing a bb show? Oh well...
Let him explore. He may decide to do crossfit. /sarcasm

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am 5"4 myself, and damn bro! You give us lower stature people something to "look up" to. Congrats!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5'5" Right Here!

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established

Things change over years
You explore new things grow

I still am not sold on the concept just a passing interest

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not a crossfit fan? Lol. Maybe jazzercise might pique your interest in the future? You in an 80's unitard. I could see that. ;)
As a lady friend of my who teaches aerobics said "The 80's when we wore the Thong on the outside" always thought that was funny!

images.jpg

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
As a lady friend of my who teaches aerobics said "The 80's when we wore the Thong on the outside" always thought that was funny!

View attachment 110945
Haha those clothes are pretty awesome

Our gym is private so always the same people
I always thought it be funny to show up in some flashy 80s clothes
Boom
Let's do this !!!

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Haha those clothes are pretty awesome

Our gym is private so always the same people
I always thought it be funny to show up in some flashy 80s clothes
Boom
Let's do this !!!
Must get pics/vid or it didn't happen! Haha!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
That was good for a laugh...

"Lets stop talkin and do some walkin" classic

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Do the show bro! You would do very well.

190 at your height on stage would be MASSIVE. I competed against a guy who was 5'7 and 200 pounds in comp shape and he just blew everyone away. This was in physique too - But he would have came close to winning the open bb show to.

Drop Set

Awards
Legs r everything in bodybuilding.

My advice - to get large legs quickly you'll need to stick with 12 - 25 reps then during contest prep you'll need to stick with 25 - 50 rep sets to get lots of detail in the quads and separation between quad/ham.

I'd start with 2 X 20 reps of squats @ 60-70% of 1RM then do a typical 3 X 12-15 reps on both leg press and extensions afterwards. Do this twice weekly and hit hams/glutes on separate days as well.

Calves need assortment and VERY high reps probably 2-3 times per week.

Focus on the pumps more than anything. Pumps + stretching + caloric surplus PWO = growth.
Plus 1. Legs are critical, as is back. You need to train the parts you can't see in the mirror:)

When I used to compete, I cycled heavy/light. I actually got stronger during my prep.

More carbs and more cardio worked for me. I cycled carbs between 550 and 300 carbs and came in with shredded glutes. I did a **** ton of cardio. Most guys today would say that 2 hours of cardio/day is excessive, but it worked for me. Also, keep a high mg base of test until 3 weeks out. 1-1.5 grams/week.

More cardio/drugs/food. YMMV