who competes/plans on competing within next year or so

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?
    I'm 5'11-6'0ish
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.9%

I have one competition under my belt. It was a learning experience to say the least. I made a ton of mistakes in regard to diet. I have a small frame and competed in the bantam weight class. I've got alot of work to do before I give it another go. I had so many people giving advice at the time.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.9%

You guys tell me what you think of this. I'll have a month off work in Dec. to do nothing but train and eat. I would like to start a log with before and after pics in a month or so. I can definatly use some criticism.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%

count me in, hopefully by next october
  6. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Post up your log Anadrol75, you'll get that criticism.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.
    yes sir, I'll be doing the Teen class and middle weights at the East Coast on November 5th
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My (second and) last show was in Spring 1998. I was about 180. I told myself I would not compete again until I could step on stage at 200+.

Two years ago, I was almost ready, at my biggest and strongest ever. Then I snapped my rotator cuff. I am hopeful that I will compete again at the end of 2006.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

i plan to compete sometime middle to late spring
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  288 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.07%

I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMuscle
    I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.
    You might not though if you never dieted down to see where you would place.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think I have finally decided to give bodybuilding a go. I was set on going the fitness modeling route, but can still intertwine the two nicely. After I return from the O, gonna have the minor epigastric surgery repaired (outpatient and only 2 weeks off time) and start bulking up. Right now, I would venture to guess I am around 7-8%, 6 ft, 228 lbs. I would like to bulk to 240-245 and then cut down for the spring. I was working with Sagi Kalev on diet last spring, but am looking for some different alternatives as far as clean bulking, dieting down, etc... for this time around....
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

great to hear that max!! you've got tons of potential and you'll definitely do very well provided you truly dedicate yourself to it

not that i'm an expert or guru by any means but i know a thing or two .. feel free to PM me whenever you want bro
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

I was laid off from work in 96 got 8 weeks out of a show and got called back to work. It is really hard depending on what you do for a living. I tried to stay on target then but working construction at the time just could not keep diet right. I started losing too much weight and that ended that. I am looking at a couple of shows for june of 06.. Not sure if I am going to do a natural or not..it depends whether I decide to do a cycle[ never have done one ] I have plenty of size for a natural one. It would be a matter of conditioning.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i'll try my damnedest

lol
    Glen u from nj area.. use to be a great gym in edison years ago....hardcore...dynamic fitness..
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.09%

Three years and forty pounds of muscle later, I'd like to compete. I'm way to undeveloped now, though, I've only been going at it for a little over a year.
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

oldskool .. edison is far from where i currently am in nyc .. are you in NJ?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

Hey OldSchool, I'm from JC, but I have to go to Bayonne, NJ for a pretty kick ass gym called Mid-City gym. I believe it's sister location in NYC was one of the filming locations for Pumping Iron if you look at the credits. Most gyms in my area only have db's that go to 100, but Mid-City has 120's and I talked to the manager of the gym and he said they have higher db's somewhere else, but most trainers didn't know how to handle them. Plus I got a year for $300 bucks so it was in my price range and the environment is pretty cool, better than the freaking fitness gym I was at which was the only one I could afford. It was for yuppies, and they didn't even have a water cooler, they wanted you to buy there $3 dollar water!
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

oldskool .. edison is far from where i currently am in nyc .. are you in NJ?
    no I live in Pa. now ...about 10 years..
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas
    Hey OldSchool, I'm from JC, but I have to go to Bayonne, NJ for a pretty kick ass gym called Mid-City gym. I believe it's sister location in NYC was one of the filming locations for Pumping Iron if you look at the credits. Most gyms in my area only have db's that go to 100, but Mid-City has 120's and I talked to the manager of the gym and he said they have higher db's somewhere else, but most trainers didn't know how to handle them. Plus I got a year for $300 bucks so it was in my price range and the environment is pretty cool, better than the freaking fitness gym I was at which was the only one I could afford. It was for yuppies, and they didn't even have a water cooler, they wanted you to buy there $3 dollar water!
    I am limited for gyms in my area. I have one in walking distance..it is ok very small not alot of equip.. but it is not busy and I have 24 hour access. The other is a short drive very large , very busy,.. and don't get caught not cleaning when done,,even if you have not started to sweat. You spend more time cleaning equip. then training.. [not that I want to lay in someones sweat]
    Atlas how far is rutherford? strong and shapely is there..I knew some guys that use to train there. Always heard good things.. but that has been a long time.. but I know it was a top notch place as far as equip. and atmosphere..
  21. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.08%

Competed 4 times in 2003-2004. Hoping to do another show next spring or early summer. Been trying to add a few pounds of muscle over the last year.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%

There's a possibility I'll compete in another 2yrs, depends on how much more I gain, and how my weaknesses have been brought up..
  23. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.08%

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    I would love to compete! have to wait and see
    Judging from your pics I think you would really do well. I've seen girls on that stage not nearly in the great shape you are. Go for it girl!
  24. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

I just recently talked to a guy here at my gym who has won every comp he's competed in so far (I think 2 or 3). I mean won the overall, not just his weight class.

The most recent comp, he came in at 187. That's 11 pounds from the top of the light heavies but he won not only the light heavy but also the overall.

His advice: DO NOT target a weight class. He said just diet down and work on your proportions. Work on coming in as tight and as cut as possible and get your proportions as perfect as you can for you structure. The idea is to make your goal the overall, not your weight class. He said too many guys come in looking to win their weight class and they end up either soft because they were afraid to go too light, or flat because they didn't want to be at the bottom of the next weight class up.

His offseason is kinda old school though. He was 250 before he dieted down for that most recent comp, and he said he is going up to 270 before dieting down for his next one.

Interesting enough, Eryk Bui said exactly the same thing. 2 years ago, he won the lightweight class and he was only a few pounds from being a Bantam. Last year he won the middlewieght and was only 1 or 2 points behind Chris Cook for the overall. He said for competitions, aim for the overall, not your weightclass; come in at whatever weightclass your pre-contest prep lands you at.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

judges look at you and how you look .. not your weight

with that said once one is a more experienced competitor it would behoove one to have a target weight where he knows he looks his best
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

Hey TC, post more pics! More pics! Preferably in the Adult section .... hehehe ...
  27. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

There's a possibility I'll compete in another 2yrs, depends on how much more I gain, and how my weaknesses have been brought up..
    BigPete weren't you competing a while back?
  28. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    BigPete weren't you competing a while back?
    It's been 2yrs since I've competed, I know right now I wouldn't be my best if I tried, someday I'll get the feeling to give it a shot..
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    I just recently talked to a guy here at my gym who has won every comp he's competed in so far (I think 2 or 3). I mean won the overall, not just his weight class.

The most recent comp, he came in at 187. That's 11 pounds from the top of the light heavies but he won not only the light heavy but also the overall.

His advice: DO NOT target a weight class. He said just diet down and work on your proportions. Work on coming in as tight and as cut as possible and get your proportions as perfect as you can for you structure. The idea is to make your goal the overall, not your weight class. He said too many guys come in looking to win their weight class and they end up either soft because they were afraid to go too light, or flat because they didn't want to be at the bottom of the next weight class up.

His offseason is kinda old school though. He was 250 before he dieted down for that most recent comp, and he said he is going up to 270 before dieting down for his next one.

Interesting enough, Eryk Bui said exactly the same thing. 2 years ago, he won the lightweight class and he was only a few pounds from being a Bantam. Last year he won the middlewieght and was only 1 or 2 points behind Chris Cook for the overall. He said for competitions, aim for the overall, not your weightclass; come in at whatever weightclass your pre-contest prep lands you at.
    This is right on the money, many of the guys I know who compete are way to concerned with coming in at a certain weight, its no coincidence that they are bigger guys. They always say they dont want to lose to much "size" and then get smoked on the day of the show. And of course, many of you know the lines that follow a loss due to poor conditioning; "I ****ed up my water depletion", "I had too much tanner on", " you should have seen me the next morning, thats when I peaked", "the judges dont like me". Fact of the matter is, some guys egos wont let them diet down to the weight class they belong in, I actually know guys who would rather have a 4th or 5th place HEAVYWEIGHT trophy, than a 1st place "*****" light heavy trophy,lol. (sorry im ranting) And the worst of the worst, is the guy who calls the promoters the week of the show, finds out nobody has entered the super- fat, I mean super-heavy class, and shows up uncontested and wins the class. moral of the story: trophy collectors undermine those of us who diet their asses off for 16 or 20 weeks. Once again, sorry for the rant, this subject always gets to me, if youve never competed before, but are planning on it, go for condition, not size, you will be happier when you look at the photos, and will not be embarrased to show them to people. Now to get back to the purpose of the thread,I will be on stage again next june.
  30. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

great post Vtaper

what are your stats?
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.45%

great post Vtaper

what are your stats?
    Thank you, Im 6'4", I weigh around 250 off season, I competed at nationals last summer pretty ripped and dry at 215. Dont really have many measurments, but at contest weight my waist is 32-33 inches.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%

Swiss-Natural over 40

I have planed to go in for the next year (2006)
    Swiss-Natural Championship over 40
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  33. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.09%

Quote Originally Posted by ironguru
    I have planed to go in for the next year (2006)
    Swiss-Natural Championship over 40
    I think you'll be kickin' ass and takin' names.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeshin
    I think you'll be kickin' ass and takin' names.
    Thank you my friend I hope I can do that.
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%

Lookin ripped IronGuru!! Hope I look half that good at 44!

BV
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.48%

Doing my first show in april of 06, Already dieting- doing the math I should come in at 190 or so at 5'10 of course I really dont care about the weight. Looking for full musclebellies and ripped- So diet is about 20 weeks right now I am 207 at arond 10% should be around 8% at the end of the year. Then I might stay lean and do the state championship in june, I want to win but doing the show is more important to me.
  37. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchef
    Doing my first show in april of 06, Already dieting- doing the math I should come in at 190 or so at 5'10 of course I really dont care about the weight. Looking for full musclebellies and ripped- So diet is about 20 weeks right now I am 207 at arond 10% should be around 8% at the end of the year. Then I might stay lean and do the state championship in june, I want to win but doing the show is more important to me.
    Which show are you going to do? Is it the NPC Met on April 15th?
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

Hey I'm looking for the NPC contest schedule for next year, but I hear the Atlantic States is on June 3rd and am 90% sure that will be my first show! Sucks as diet starts 2 days before my birth which is Feb. 3rd!
  39. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.3%

I really really want to within the next two years. Its just everytime I look at myself in the mirror I feel too small. Right now I am 6'3", 230, and around 13% b/f. I feel that I would have to be 250 pounds at around the same b/f before I started cutting down for a comp, but I am only 20 so I got nothin but time!!!

Also it doesnt sound too bad to gain another 20 pounds....3 years ago at this time i was a senior in high school and weighed a whooping 178 pounds...and I want as cut as i am now!!!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

LOL..you'll never feel big enough. I was 240 at 13% and 5'10" and I felt too small to compete

I was gonna compete next year, but I may put it off til 2007 now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemavol and Compete taking Niners to the next level
    By niners4reggie in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
  2. any info on competing help a brotha out!!!
    By Spaniard in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
  4. Planning to compete next spring, starting to train now.
    By ray357 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 01:58 AM
  5. Resveratrol mimic drug on market within five years
    By firecross in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 08:18 AM