who competes/plans on competing within next year or so

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I've done 4 competitions so far. I took year off mainly for a mental break and plan to get back on stage next Spring/Summer. But now it is time to bulk

2. was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?
    •   

3. I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
    I'll just cheer you guys on instead.

4. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?
    Right now: 5'10", 209 lbs. @ 6% bodyfat. I next bulking next Monday and hope to hit 230+ by January 1st.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jverch
    I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
    I'll just cheer you guys on instead.
    If that is you in your avatar, you could DEFINITELY compete and do well.

6. I only do pie-eating contests..

7. im trying my hand at a show early october

8. I'm 10 and 11 weeks out from my November shows. I'm doing the East Coast Championships and then the Eastern USA the week after. Here's my prep log with Bobo IRserge's Contest prep. This will be my 2nd and 3rd shows. I did my first show last year and won my class but lost the overall. Things will be different this year. And anyone looking for local shows in NJ just go to www.njnpc.org

9. I will be doing my first competition either April/May 06, or July 06. I plan on doing at least 2 shows next Spring Summer, because I know the first one will be mainly a test get on track with my comp dieting the week before and what not. My goals are the first one to learn as much as I can, and the second to try and place top 3 in my class. I hope to be competing @ around 220ish which I think I can do. Right now I am currently 220, and the next 15 weeks I will be running my first cycle... test-e, eq, dbol hoping to get around 250. Then a month of just maintence then its diet down competition time. Hope everything goes according to plan. Gonna start a log here to keep you people motivating me from the start of my cycle. I figure a nice 30-40 something week log will be nice showing the bulking and dieting for the contest.

10. Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?

Hey Jverch, my dad had a similar thing, except the tip of his sternum was sticking out. Got surgery in about 1960. Said it was the biggest challenge of his life. They cut off part of his sternum and he got stitches basically from one side of the ribcage to the other... Took forever to heal, too. Was something like this suggested to you?
    •   

11. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?
    I'm 5'11-6'0ish

13. I have one competition under my belt. It was a learning experience to say the least. I made a ton of mistakes in regard to diet. I have a small frame and competed in the bantam weight class. I've got alot of work to do before I give it another go. I had so many people giving advice at the time.

14. You guys tell me what you think of this. I'll have a month off work in Dec. to do nothing but train and eat. I would like to start a log with before and after pics in a month or so. I can definatly use some criticism.

15. count me in, hopefully by next october
  16. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Post up your log Anadrol75, you'll get that criticism.

17. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.
    yes sir, I'll be doing the Teen class and middle weights at the East Coast on November 5th

18. My (second and) last show was in Spring 1998. I was about 180. I told myself I would not compete again until I could step on stage at 200+.

Two years ago, I was almost ready, at my biggest and strongest ever. Then I snapped my rotator cuff. I am hopeful that I will compete again at the end of 2006.

19. i plan to compete sometime middle to late spring

20. I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.

21. Quote Originally Posted by CyberMuscle
    I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.
    You might not though if you never dieted down to see where you would place.

22. I think I have finally decided to give bodybuilding a go. I was set on going the fitness modeling route, but can still intertwine the two nicely. After I return from the O, gonna have the minor epigastric surgery repaired (outpatient and only 2 weeks off time) and start bulking up. Right now, I would venture to guess I am around 7-8%, 6 ft, 228 lbs. I would like to bulk to 240-245 and then cut down for the spring. I was working with Sagi Kalev on diet last spring, but am looking for some different alternatives as far as clean bulking, dieting down, etc... for this time around....

23. great to hear that max!! you've got tons of potential and you'll definitely do very well provided you truly dedicate yourself to it

not that i'm an expert or guru by any means but i know a thing or two .. feel free to PM me whenever you want bro

24. I was laid off from work in 96 got 8 weeks out of a show and got called back to work. It is really hard depending on what you do for a living. I tried to stay on target then but working construction at the time just could not keep diet right. I started losing too much weight and that ended that. I am looking at a couple of shows for june of 06.. Not sure if I am going to do a natural or not..it depends whether I decide to do a cycle[ never have done one ] I have plenty of size for a natural one. It would be a matter of conditioning.

25. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i'll try my damnedest

lol
    Glen u from nj area.. use to be a great gym in edison years ago....hardcore...dynamic fitness..

26. Three years and forty pounds of muscle later, I'd like to compete. I'm way to undeveloped now, though, I've only been going at it for a little over a year.

27. oldskool .. edison is far from where i currently am in nyc .. are you in NJ?

28. Hey OldSchool, I'm from JC, but I have to go to Bayonne, NJ for a pretty kick ass gym called Mid-City gym. I believe it's sister location in NYC was one of the filming locations for Pumping Iron if you look at the credits. Most gyms in my area only have db's that go to 100, but Mid-City has 120's and I talked to the manager of the gym and he said they have higher db's somewhere else, but most trainers didn't know how to handle them. Plus I got a year for $300 bucks so it was in my price range and the environment is pretty cool, better than the freaking fitness gym I was at which was the only one I could afford. It was for yuppies, and they didn't even have a water cooler, they wanted you to buy there $3 dollar water!

29. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    oldskool .. edison is far from where i currently am in nyc .. are you in NJ?
    no I live in Pa. now ...about 10 years..

30. Quote Originally Posted by Atlas
    Hey OldSchool, I'm from JC, but I have to go to Bayonne, NJ for a pretty kick ass gym called Mid-City gym. I believe it's sister location in NYC was one of the filming locations for Pumping Iron if you look at the credits. Most gyms in my area only have db's that go to 100, but Mid-City has 120's and I talked to the manager of the gym and he said they have higher db's somewhere else, but most trainers didn't know how to handle them. Plus I got a year for $300 bucks so it was in my price range and the environment is pretty cool, better than the freaking fitness gym I was at which was the only one I could afford. It was for yuppies, and they didn't even have a water cooler, they wanted you to buy there $3 dollar water!
    I am limited for gyms in my area. I have one in walking distance..it is ok very small not alot of equip.. but it is not busy and I have 24 hour access. The other is a short drive very large , very busy,.. and don't get caught not cleaning when done,,even if you have not started to sweat. You spend more time cleaning equip. then training.. [not that I want to lay in someones sweat]
    Atlas how far is rutherford? strong and shapely is there..I knew some guys that use to train there. Always heard good things.. but that has been a long time.. but I know it was a top notch place as far as equip. and atmosphere..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemavol and Compete taking Niners to the next level
    By niners4reggie in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
  2. any info on competing help a brotha out!!!
    By Spaniard in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
  4. Planning to compete next spring, starting to train now.
    By ray357 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 02:58 AM