who competes/plans on competing within next year or so

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. 225 and over, I believe, is super heavies.

2. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Glenihan how are the weight classes set up? For instance - if you come in at 205 does that put you in a 'heavyweight' class where you have to compete against a guy who is 240?

Also, even as an amateur do you get time on stage to do a solo posing routine, and can you choose your own music?
    i'm not sure about bantam and light weights but

middleweight 146lbs (i think) - 176.25
    light heavies 176.5 - 198.25
    heavies 198.5 - 225.25
    super heavies 225.5 and up

obviously you want to try to be in the top of your weight class, but for a first show don't even worry about what you weigh in at because you have NO idea how your carbing up and water dropping will go and to try to guess is assanine ... after doing it just once you will have a MUCH better idea of how to set things up for your next show

and yes shows are set up with prejudging, where there are typically 2-3 "rounds" of quarter turns and mandatory poses ... this is where the actual judging is done .. then the night show and each competitor will typically get a 1 minute routine (at a local show) and he gets to choose his own music and routine
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i'm not sure about bantam and light weights but

middleweight 146lbs (i think) - 176.25
    light heavies 176.5 - 198.25
    heavies 198.5 - 225.25
    super heavies 225.5 and up
    bantam is up to 143(and change)
    lightweight cuts off at 154 (and change)

i'm trying to move up to light-heavy. best case scenerio for that would be fall 2006.

4. thanks for clearing that up kyfra .. i never paid attention to anything less than the max for middleweights

what do you weigh during your offseason kyfra?

5. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    thanks for clearing that up kyfra .. i never paid attention to anything less than the max for middleweights

what do you weigh during your offseason kyfra?
    i'm around 220 right now.
    •   

6. I've done 4 competitions so far. I took year off mainly for a mental break and plan to get back on stage next Spring/Summer. But now it is time to bulk

7. was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?

8. I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
    I'll just cheer you guys on instead.

9. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    was waiting for you to chime in derek .. what are your stats now a days?
    Right now: 5'10", 209 lbs. @ 6% bodyfat. I next bulking next Monday and hope to hit 230+ by January 1st.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jverch
    I'd luv to compete someday, but I've been cursed with an offset sternum where one side on my ribcage is sunk in nearly an inch from the other side....hmmmmm...symmetry problems much? lol
    I'll just cheer you guys on instead.
    If that is you in your avatar, you could DEFINITELY compete and do well.

11. I only do pie-eating contests..

12. im trying my hand at a show early october

13. I'm 10 and 11 weeks out from my November shows. I'm doing the East Coast Championships and then the Eastern USA the week after. Here's my prep log with Bobo IRserge's Contest prep. This will be my 2nd and 3rd shows. I did my first show last year and won my class but lost the overall. Things will be different this year. And anyone looking for local shows in NJ just go to www.njnpc.org

14. I will be doing my first competition either April/May 06, or July 06. I plan on doing at least 2 shows next Spring Summer, because I know the first one will be mainly a test get on track with my comp dieting the week before and what not. My goals are the first one to learn as much as I can, and the second to try and place top 3 in my class. I hope to be competing @ around 220ish which I think I can do. Right now I am currently 220, and the next 15 weeks I will be running my first cycle... test-e, eq, dbol hoping to get around 250. Then a month of just maintence then its diet down competition time. Hope everything goes according to plan. Gonna start a log here to keep you people motivating me from the start of my cycle. I figure a nice 30-40 something week log will be nice showing the bulking and dieting for the contest.

15. Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?

Hey Jverch, my dad had a similar thing, except the tip of his sternum was sticking out. Got surgery in about 1960. Said it was the biggest challenge of his life. They cut off part of his sternum and he got stitches basically from one side of the ribcage to the other... Took forever to heal, too. Was something like this suggested to you?
  16. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.

17. Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Sounds like a perfect plan, BOHICA. Similar to what I will probably do. Nice to be just at the limit of the heavies. How tall are you?
    I'm 5'11-6'0ish

18. I have one competition under my belt. It was a learning experience to say the least. I made a ton of mistakes in regard to diet. I have a small frame and competed in the bantam weight class. I've got alot of work to do before I give it another go. I had so many people giving advice at the time.

19. You guys tell me what you think of this. I'll have a month off work in Dec. to do nothing but train and eat. I would like to start a log with before and after pics in a month or so. I can definatly use some criticism.

20. count me in, hopefully by next october
  21. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Post up your log Anadrol75, you'll get that criticism.

22. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Hey IrSerge thanks for the link and I will definitely be there at those shows but as a fan....one is in patterson correct? I am from J.C.
    yes sir, I'll be doing the Teen class and middle weights at the East Coast on November 5th

23. My (second and) last show was in Spring 1998. I was about 180. I told myself I would not compete again until I could step on stage at 200+.

Two years ago, I was almost ready, at my biggest and strongest ever. Then I snapped my rotator cuff. I am hopeful that I will compete again at the end of 2006.

24. i plan to compete sometime middle to late spring

25. I plan to compete somehwere around my 25th birthday which would be in 08. Since i fall into the super heavy weight class I want to have atleast 5 years of hard training behind me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 02:23 PM
  2. any info on competing help a brotha out!!!
    By Spaniard in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
  4. Planning to compete next spring, starting to train now.
    By ray357 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 01:58 AM