Diet Struggles, Help me! :)

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Okay this is going to be the SIMPLEST diet formation thread possible (I hope) and provided I get constructive help and feedback I will re-compile the thread into a good post for others to learn from.

Me:

Goal: Lean Bulk over winter, this will carry me through until Late December when I start my next cycle. My goal is to have a solid and disciplined diet before that cycle.

That was taken about 2 weeks ago.

Okay let us break this down into steps:

1) Macro Nutrient Ratios.

Once we identify a good ratio we will start filling in the food groups in general (that I enjoy) and then develop that into a meal plan and diet to follow Monday-Saturday with Sunday as a cheat meal.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
40/40/20? :)

I see this is in contest prep section...
I shot ya 2 PMs.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
AaronJP1, pointed me to an article that contained the following list of foods:
Protein:

Tuna or most any fish.
Cottage cheese.
Eggs (especially the whites).
Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
Lean beef.
Low fat or no fat cheese.
Low fat pork.
Milk protein isolate.
Whey protein.
Soy protein.
Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates:

Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown rice.
Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
Beans.
Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
Malto dextrin (during workout).
Dextrose (during workout)
Vegetables.
Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!

Fat:

Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
Flax seed oil.
Primrose oil.
Borage oil.
Olive oil.
Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
Egg yolks.
Fish (salmon especially).
All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

(Source: http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html )

Fortunately for me I like damn near everything on that list. Need to settle on my macro ratio (probably the 40/40/20) and compile the above list of foods into some solid meals that I will actually make and stick to.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
AaronJP1, pointed me to an article that contained the following list of foods:
Protein:

Tuna or most any fish.
Cottage cheese.
Eggs (especially the whites).
Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
Lean beef.
Low fat or no fat cheese.
Low fat pork.
Milk protein isolate.
Whey protein.
Soy protein.
Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates:

Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown rice.
Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
Beans.
Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
Malto dextrin (during workout).
Dextrose (during workout)
Vegetables.
Stay away from refined grains and anything that says "enriched" or "high fructose corn syrup" on the label!

Fat:

Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
Flax seed oil.
Primrose oil.
Borage oil.
Olive oil.
Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
Egg yolks.
Fish (salmon especially).
All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

(Source: http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html )

Fortunately for me I like damn near everything on that list. Need to settle on my macro ratio (probably the 40/40/20) and compile the above list of foods into some solid meals that I will actually make and stick to.
Just wondering on the wheat bread. Why should it be limited to 2 slices per day?

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Perhaps because its still processed. Try ezekiel or other sprouted grains, and for other starch resources try sweet potatoes and oatmeal. You can even munch on a rice cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner