Planning to compete next spring, starting to train now.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My abs popped pretty good with no drug intervention. I did a pre contest cycle, but no injectables, and nothing purchased illegally. I am us navy. I only used natural diuretics, like dandelion and uva ursi, etc.

I have not won a trophy yet in body building. Only powerlifting and strongman. Nothing really big though. I still love it, and wont quit.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I've never once seen this work without drug and diuretic intervention - ever. I won't belabor the topic by going on and on about the fact I've observed countless athletes as well as been behind the scenes regarding professionals practices at the Mr. Olympia for example, but suffice it to say if you truly were able to 'trick' your bodies mineral levels and pump action/reaction perfectly with the minuscule window of opportunity as you step on stage in front of the judges without sacrificing muscle fullness and pump, then I'm impressed!
    Well I didn't win it, I got 2nd out of 11 at a national qualifier but still very good none the less. I was for sure pumped and full, but I DID find out how VERY fast my body gets flat if i'm not consuming sugars every few minutes haha. Keeping that pump was quite difficult due to schedule changes. I was afraid of spilling over, and also afraid of flattening out at the same time. I also did use aldactone(which i had a script for from a while back.) I know that helped a lot.
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.27%

Ha, isn't this weird? Every year I compete, I tell myself "No WAY will I ever do this again for some applause and a plastic trophy!" But then, the bug bites me again!
    Man, I feel amazing on stage having people applauding and cheering for you and they don't even know you. I'm trying my hardest to qualify for nationals this time around, and THAT would for sure make it all worth while. My trophy was metal, so maybe that helps? lol i dunno. Even without qualifying, it's still such a fun experience and the total body transformation is amazing. I dunno how anyone could not like it. Yes, dieting so strictly does suck, but still...
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Still, its amazing to see yourself transform, and see what your hard work has created. I may have Branch warren help me next time, if I can afford it. Well see.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JayDee6 View Post
    Yes, dieting so strictly does suck, but still...
    Therein you have pointed out the innate problem with bodybuilding. We don't mind the hard work, the sweat drenched toils, the multiple meals a day, the constant cooking, even the incessant cardio....... but the FOOD, the taste bud embargo we endure is what pushes our brains into the outer limits of sanity.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.27%

Therein you have pointed out the innate problem with bodybuilding. We don't mind the hard work, the sweat drenched toils, the multiple meals a day, the constant cooking, even the incessant cardio....... but the FOOD, the taste bud embargo we endure is what pushes our brains into the outer limits of sanity.
    LOL, exactly. One can only eat plain canned tuna or plain chicken breast for only so long before losing one's mind
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Nasser El Sonbaty and I were discussing this. He said Dieting is hell on earth.

Nuff said, but I still love it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:52 PM
  2. Help planning a spring anavar cycle
    By BigB29 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:03 AM
  3. Planning Cutter for next spring
    By mywetnightmares in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 02:13 AM