How can I get a good physique?

VernonVernon

Awards
I am really very depressed with my skinny looks. I am very thin and my appearance is very weak looking. I always hesitate to communicate with others only due to this reason. I am here to ask you people that how I can get a good physique. Help me please.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Eat a diet high in protein (poultry, steak, salmon, eggs, milk), fibrous carbs (beans, brown rice, corn, sweet/white potatoes, grits/oats), and healthy fats (eggs, salmon, walnuts, flax seed). Eat your carbs and proteins throughout the day and up until after your workout. Curb your carbs after evening-time.

Lift with compound movements and finish up with isolation exercises.

Compound:
Bench press BB or DB
Squat
Deadlift
BB row
Military Press

Isolation:
Arm curls
Skullcrushers
Chest flys
Leg extensions
Leg curls
situps
Dumbbell Side bends
etc.

Hit up the heavy movements for 3-4 reps, working your way down from 10-12, 8-10, 6-8, 3-6. Hit the isolations for 3 sets or so, going no lower than 8 reps, no higher than 12. Form an intelligent program from that bit of info.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
make sure your form on everything is good too if you're just starting out.

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
it's true, it is that simple . . . food + weights
high protein diet with complex carbs and a solid training regiment. Unfortunately it is also a lot of work, be persistent and set goals. Short term goals, long-term goals and even goals for each workout.

Read, read, and then read some more. When you are not reading you should eat or train!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
M-W-F total body routine,... compound movements, work your way up to 3 sets per bodypart.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
eat alot of healthy foods and high protien intake and workout. stop being a lazy weakling

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Along with the suggestions above, I recommend that you start counting your calories and macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fats). I know its a pain in the ass, but its a tried an true method for making sure your getting enough food to allow your body to grow.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
& this goes under "contest prep"? listen to these guys, you're in the right place forum wise

Fear

Fear

Awards
Don't focus on how you think you're skinny and weak now. See your bigger and improved body in your mind, and strive towards that image, setting lots of realistic goals for you to shred on the way. Research proven ways to add lean mass, and realize that dedication is just as important as diet, workout regimen, and rest.