Sesathin Liquid

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Is Sesamin Liquid most effective at a dosage of 1/4 teaspoon 3 times per day or would it be more effective for fat loss at 1/2 teaspoon with breakfast and a 1/2 teaspoon with dinner?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Really need some feedback on this...Thanks :)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hard to say. They'd probably be pretty similar. I'd probably go with the regular dosing but you could do either one.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Good to know...just for convenience think I am going with 1/2 teaspoon with breakfast and a 1/2 teaspoon with dinner.

Also, does this need to be cycled such as only using it for a certain period of time or can it be used regularly?

Hard to say. They'd probably be pretty similar. I'd probably go with the regular dosing but you could do either one.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can use it continuously, but I think with anything, it's good to take breaks now and then.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Tony: Is there any upper-limit to dosage effectiveness? Say a person was really fat (22%)? At one point, I remember someone saying that people over 20% should "take as much as they can afford." Am I taking that out of context?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, if you're really heavy, you might want to take as much as possible. Keep in mind, though, that at some point, you're going to start getting diminishing returns. Every person has a maximum effectivenss point but it's probably going to take a little bit of experimentation to find out where that point is at.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
I had heard the same thing which was the thought behind my 1/2 teaspoon twice per day. So you thinking along the lines of 1 teaspoon 3 times per day or even a higher dosage?

I remember someone saying that people over 20% should "take as much as they can afford."

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I'm gonna give 1.5 tsp a day a go.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good! I am at 1.0 tsp a day now...let me know how that dosage works for you. You splitting it into two timings? .75 and .75 or something?

Personally, I'm gonna give 1.5 tsp a day a go.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Yeah, if you're really heavy, you might want to take as much as possible. Keep in mind, though, that at some point, you're going to start getting diminishing returns. Every person has a maximum effectivenss point but it's probably going to take a little bit of experimentation to find out where that point is at.
Any estimate as to the range of where one will start to see diminishing returns proportional to Bodyfat Percent?

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Any estimate as to the range of where one will start to see diminishing returns proportional to Bodyfat Percent?
It will likely become obvious to you, based on close observation. It will vary largely between individuals since we are dealing with levels of gene expression and other post-translational modifications.

Regardless, it will later, rather than sooner -- which is good. ;).

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Still working for me :)

Doing 1/2 teaspoon twice per day; love this stuff!

It will likely become obvious to you, based on close observation. It will vary largely between individuals since we are dealing with levels of gene expression and other post-translational modifications.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear that, man.

Are you leaning out nicely?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, and just so there's no confusion, it's actually SesaTHIN liquid. ;)

Bruth

Bruth

Awards

Good Ole' Trial and Error, from your first post I was hoping you had a general guideline in mind such as "X%-Y% take between Zg-XXg per day" and so forth.

I've persoanlly gone up to 5 Sesamin caps per day and didnt really see much a difference then at 2 per day. Does seem to have a glycogen depleting property though.

Nowdays I mostly use it for Spot Damage Control and espically when having a few :drunk:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good Ole' Trial and Error, from your first post I was hoping you had a general guideline in mind such as "X%-Y% take between Zg-XXg per day" and so forth.

I've persoanlly gone up to 5 Sesamin caps per day and didnt really see much a difference then at 2 per day. Does seem to have a glycogen depleting property though.

Nowdays I mostly use it for Spot Damage Control and espically when having a few :drunk:
Are you talking about Sesamin caps or our SesaThin caps??

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Are you talking about Sesamin caps or our SesaThin caps??
General Sesamin caps @500mg per cap. I was under the impression that Sesamin was Sesamin but I forgot your caps are dosed differently (@750mg per 2 if I remember correct)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nope, sesamin is not sesamin. Users report better results with SesaThin compared to the competition, especially the liquid.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
So just to clarify: Starting monday I'm gonna run .75 tsp 2x per day, then 5 caps fish oil 2x per day.

Breakfast: .75tsp Sesathin

Meal #2 None

Meal #3 5g Fish Oil

Meal #4 .75tsp Sesathin

Last Meal: 5g Fish Oil

This gonna be overkill?

Am I correct in thinking that the problem when taken with fish oil is that it attacks the oil, thus taking them at separate meals is ok?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tony,

Is there an optimized timing and or regimen to taking SesaTHIN? Should it be on an empty stomach prior to food, after food or instead of food? While taking SesaTHIN, what would you recommend for max results (other than amount - which you've said may be trial and error)? How would you modify your diet while taking SesaTHIN?

Thanks,
Beau

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Beau, I think SesaThin is most effective on low carb diets, taken probably three times per day with fatty meals (10+ grams, immediately after eating them), which isn't hard at all on low-carb diets.

Some guys go as low as two doses per day, some as high as four, though. So if you can't do three per day for whatever reason, cram it down into two.

SesaThin is non-stimulant, so it stacks very well with stimulants, as well as other non-stims (non-PPARalpha).

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So just to clarify: Starting monday I'm gonna run .75 tsp 2x per day, then 5 caps fish oil 2x per day.

Breakfast: .75tsp Sesathin

Meal #2 None

Meal #3 5g Fish Oil

Meal #4 .75tsp Sesathin

Last Meal: 5g Fish Oil

This gonna be overkill?

Am I correct in thinking that the problem when taken with fish oil is that it attacks the oil, thus taking them at separate meals is ok?
Damn, that's a lot of PPAR activation.

That's twice the normal dose of SesaThin- not overkill as far as that's concerned. A lot of people do that.

Some people recommend taking SesaThin with fish oil, others don't. I think the main argument against it, is that it's theorized that yeah, you'll oxidize the fish oil. The argument for taking them together is that they're synergistic.

Personally, I don't take mine with fish oil, but even if I did, I can't really see how it would be a big problem. After all, either way, you're taking it with a high fat meal. Why should it matter if the fat is coming from fish or from other sources?

But I'm going to defer to Derek on this one. He knows more about that area than me.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Nope, sesamin is not sesamin. Users report better results with SesaThin compared to the competition, especially the liquid.
Interesting well as soon as I get home for the summer I'm going to get some from Nutra. How heat sensitive is it? Well shipping in the summer be determental?

Aoba

Awards
so does this have any significant estrogenic effects or is it really not what a few have hyped it to be?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Think thats good? I'm gonna stack it with Amp+Basic Cuts+(maybe)Ephedrine...should have all bases covered.

Seriously though, is over-activation of PPAR anything to worry about? Do receptors get burnt out or anything like that? I got about 20-30 lbs to lose (injuries+bad eating=fatass)

Damn, that's a lot of PPAR activation.

That's twice the normal dose of SesaThin- not overkill as far as that's concerned. A lot of people do that.

Some people recommend taking SesaThin with fish oil, others don't. I think the main argument against it, is that it's theorized that yeah, you'll oxidize the fish oil. The argument for taking them together is that they're synergistic.

Personally, I don't take mine with fish oil, but even if I did, I can't really see how it would be a big problem. After all, either way, you're taking it with a high fat meal. Why should it matter if the fat is coming from fish or from other sources?

But I'm going to defer to Derek on this one. He knows more about that area than me.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting well as soon as I get home for the summer I'm going to get some from Nutra. How heat sensitive is it? Well shipping in the summer be determental?
Shipping in the summer would be absolutely fine.

Just don't leave it in a hot car or something like that.

so does this have any significant estrogenic effects or is it really not what a few have hyped it to be?
It might have slight estrogenic effects, but only temporarily if at all. Definitely nothing significant.

Don't worry- you definitely won't grow boobs, start having a period, or asking guys if your ass looks fat. ;)

You probably get more estrogenic effects from eating soy.

Think thats good? I'm gonna stack it with Amp+Basic Cuts+(maybe)Ephedrine...should have all bases covered.

Seriously though, is over-activation of PPAR anything to worry about? Do receptors get burnt out or anything like that? I got about 20-30 lbs to lose (injuries+bad eating=fatass)
Yeah, like I said, lots of guys do twice the normal dosage. It's nothing really to worry about and you'll definitely notice greater effects.

And yeah, those stims are fine to stack with it, but AMP + Basic Cuts + ephedra?? Damn dude, that's like freakin' "Meth Lite".

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
..., but AMP + Basic Cuts + ephedra?? Damn dude, that's like freakin' "Meth Lite".
Yikes - I suppose I shouldn't even jokingly suggest he throw in a little Yohimbine HCL for good measure ............

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Rampage -- I do like your dosing protocol, but I am inclined to suggest you split up the dosage given your desired quantity of ingestion.

A great way to take advantage of SesaThin dosage is to consume a small snack -- a handful of nuts and piece of fresh fruit for example -- and take a standard dose of SesaThin.

Doing this immediately before bed or between meals is ideal to get prolonged PPAR-alpha activation and sustained fat oxidation. The added calories should obviously be accounted for, but this will enhance your SesaThin-induced fat loss to some degree over the more is more philosophy of dosing outlined above.

@Aoba -- the effects of SesaThin are well defined with respect to fat loss and nutrient partitioning, but the literature remains very hazy with respect to it's estrogenic potential. In vivo (aka in whole animal) data is far from definitive in this vein, irrespective of some of the anecdotal reports of SesaThin.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
The PPAR family are nuclear receptors, so they are not subject to the same type of regulation as say, an adrenoreceptor, which is subject to intracellular modification and subsequent internalization and inactivation.

PPAR's are controlled within the level of the nucleus and I am currently unaware downregulatory, or inhibitor, mechanisms that manifest following overstimulation (such as excessive SesaThin consumption), but don't rule this out as a possibility given the nature of biological systems.

As Savage cautioned -- beware of CNS stims. These 3 are overkill IMO, and would be best used separately, or at least on a reduced dosing schedule.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
reps to ya...I was kinda wavering on the Ephedrine anyways. I think Amp+BC should be synergistic...actually it's just the amp active. Thanks for the info!

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
reps to ya...I was kinda wavering on the Ephedrine anyways. I think Amp+BC should be synergistic...actually it's just the amp active. Thanks for the info!

Anytime man. You can be assured that stack will pound the crap outta your appetite, and provide some decent euphoria when dosed on an empty stomach ;).

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is...LOVE THIS STUFF! :head:

Synicus

Awards
Is 1/2 tsp x 3 times day in Protein shake ok w/ SesaThin? Should I also eat like 10 almonds w/ it?

Also taking CLA @ 6g day, at different time.

Also taking 2-4g Flax caps day, at different time.

On Havoc cycle so Estrogen way repressed, joints sore, reason for Flax.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
This is another supplement I'd love to try based on the feedback from the boards. However I had my wife try it when it 1st came out and she didn't get any noticeable results. That makes me hesitant. Guess I'll keep researching

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
fatty, did she take our brand or another one?

What dosage did she use?

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
fatty, did she take our brand or another one?

What dosage did she use?
She used Avant brand at the rec. dosage.
I guess I shouldn't base my decision on her results since she can be a non responder to many things that end up working for me....

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, some people (myself included) need to take higher than the recommended dose.

Now that SesaThin is available in bulk from nutraplanet for very cheap, these high doses that some people need are much more economically feasible.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
Well, some people (myself included) need to take higher than the recommended dose.

Now that SesaThin is available in bulk from nutraplanet for very cheap, these high doses that some people need are much more economically feasible.
I had just sang your praises for allowing NP to sell Lipoderm bulk. I saw they have the bulk SesaThin as well. I'll look into it. I'm at a sticking point right now and could use something to get me past that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She used Avant brand at the rec. dosage.
I guess I shouldn't base my decision on her results since she can be a non responder to many things that end up working for me....
Did she take each dose with ~10g of fat?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, I placed an order for it about 2 hours ago. I'll give it a shot
HAHA!!!!! a sucker born every minute. Errrr, I mean, you will love this.

:run:

Synicus

Awards
How long before you start to see results w/ Sesathin? I've got 2 bulk bottles. My protocol x 3 per day:

2 scoops ON whey in water
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp natty pb
5 squirts Sesathin

Plus per day:

6 caps fish.
6 caps Max CLA.
3 caps Flax 1000mg.
6 caps Green Tea.
2-3 caps DCP