SlimX - Why EXACTLY has it been discontinued?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the stuff like many others. What was the EXACT reason it has been discontinued? Is there a specific ingredient that was "dangeous"? I didn't feel like reading that 10,000 page thread :)

Sonntag

Awards
I love it too!

(R)-(+)-2-(Diphenylmethyl)pyrrolidine = desinger stimulant
the sience discusses a cardiotoxicity

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you ;)

So it is NOT the cha'de bugre?

Also, why is it you cannot sleep on SlimX 16-17 hours later?

Again, GREAT product (RIP) but that was the only complaint I ever experienced (I'd take it at 6am and be unable to fall asleep at 10pm).

AthleticXtreme

AthleticXtreme

Awards
  • Established
He is right except there is no real data to prove or disprove it could be cardiotoxic. The third-party scientific consulting firm that is very well know could not agree with the online rumors of it being cardiotoxic however they could also not say the opposite until a lot of human trial research was done.

Here is the official AX statement about why it was pulled:

One of the products was Slim Xtreme. There were claims that SX was intentionally spiked with a controlled substance or prescription drug. Those rumors were absolutely false. No AX product was ever intentionally spiked with any ingredient not on the label, and AX would never distribute a product knowing it contained any controlled substance or prescription drug whatsoever. There were also claims that the active ingredient in SX was so similar to a controlled substance as to make it an “analogue” of that substance. Scientists can argue over what degrees of similarity render chemical compounds “analogous” to each other (reliable independent experts often offer conflicting opinions); however, despite extensive expert review, the analysis conducted by the third-party scientific consulting firm we retained could not conclude that SX contained an analogue of any controlled substance within the meaning of the law. We nevertheless took the step of recalling the product and issuing refunds and credits to our customers. Why? Well although we originally believed that the active ingredient in Slim Xtreme was a derivative of the amino acid proline and could therefore be legally marketed, the attention that Slim Xtreme received by online message boards prompted us to revisit the formula. Upon further review in conjunction with our regulatory legal counsel, we no longer felt comfortable that the dietary supplement ingredient satisfied the criteria for a “dietary ingredient” under existing regulations. Since the law is notoriously lacking in industry guidance with respect to new dietary ingredients, evaluating the viability of new dietary ingredients often boils down to interpretation.. We were no longer comfortable with the product being on the market, so we voluntarily discontinued it and recalled all lots and batches. It was the right choice, and the most responsible choice, even though it meant incurring substantial costs and more grist for the rumor mill. To this day there has been no serious adverse events reported with SX which cannot be said for many of the stimulant products on the market.

Bulltonic

Awards
So any plans to bring it back. Or what is it's replacement that is comparable??

AthleticXtreme

AthleticXtreme

Awards
  • Established
So any plans to bring it back. Or what is it's replacement that is comparable??
Final round of testing is happening right now. It's pretty major :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Good thing I snagged 2 cases back when all this was going on...stock for life...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the well wriiten response AX ;)

What was the eact name of the substance in question?

AthleticXtreme

AthleticXtreme

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the well wriiten response AX ;)

What was the eact name of the substance in question?
Sonntag posted it up in post #2, a proline analog.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you kiddin' me?
Yes, I am kidding. Flushing any supplement or RX should NEVER be done. It contaminates the water system, and I never actually advocate that. If anything, proper disposal of such items should be done in the regular trash. In the case of many items, it is best to put them in a container with something "undesirable", like coffee grounds, to mask the odor and probably ruin the pills. This eliminates the desire of humans to rummage through trash to obtain them, and discourages animals from eating that portion of your trash. The landfill is the safest place.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I'm very excited for this too, and the wait will be well worth it :)

Don't know how you guys have it in the US, but in Sweden, all drugs/supplements are turned in to the local pharmacy, so they can dispose it the right way. You just pick up a "special bag" at the pharmacy, throw in your old/undesired drugs/supps, and turn it in.. Simple and CLEAN!
Throwing it along with regular trash still contaminates the nature.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I am kidding. Flushing any supplement or RX should NEVER be done. It contaminates the water system, and I never actually advocate that. If anything, proper disposal of such items should be done in the regular trash. In the case of many items, it is best to put them in a container with something "undesirable", like coffee grounds, to mask the odor and probably ruin the pills. This eliminates the desire of humans to rummage through trash to obtain them, and discourages animals from eating that portion of your trash. The landfill is the safest place.
A lot of times they form carcinogens and hormone disruptors during the disinfection process at the water treatment facility.

Other causes for water system contamination include washing Odor Eaters socks and taking women's birth control and then peeing out the metabolites.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I must say....this thread has taken an unexpected turn :-/
True, but when you get all of us in a room, things are bound to go somewhere else! But, it always turns out to be educational. That's a bonus. :cheers:

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
True, but when you get all of us in a room, things are bound to go somewhere else! But, it always turns out to be educational. That's a bonus. :cheers:
That's AX for ya!

My new phrase, you can expect to see it in about every thread from now on :privateeye:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must say....this thread has taken an unexpected turn :-/
Hey now, it's important for SX junkies to understand the environmental hazards of washing your socks and why men are getting ED because their girlfriends are on BC.

Silver nano-particles are woven into the heel and toe of the sock. As you wash them, the silver gets released into the water system. This is bad because (1) dissolved silver is toxic and leaves very nasty chemical burns (hint: google silver nitrate burns) (2) the undissolved silver is small enough to remain suspended via brownian motion and provides very large amounts of surface, making it a strong carcinogen.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Hey now, it's important for SX junkies to understand the environmental hazards of washing your socks and why men are getting ED because their girlfriends are on BC.

Silver nano-particles are woven into the heel and toe of the sock. As you wash them, the silver gets released into the water system. This is bad because (1) dissolved silver is toxic and leaves very nasty chemical burns (hint: google silver nitrate burns) (2) the undissolved silver is small enough to remain suspended via brownian motion and provides very large amounts of surface, making it a strong carcinogen.
:paranoid:

o my goodness, what are my sock alternatives???

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Look what we started T-AD haha, I understood you used "flush em" medaphorically to emphasize the epic nature of version 2, no worries to anyone concerned about the environmental impact, I will be holding onto my SX. Although now I'm concerned that my urine is toxic...

Clever Mouse

Awards
well, SX was a novel mix of ingredients to approach hardcore dieting, so instead of flushing 'em one might preserve the left overs in a solid showcase for future overweight generations to (re)visit.....
In all seriousness; I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SX is gonna be damn hard to improve! While it had lots of potential side effects and wasn't healthy to take long-term, it was 'one of a kind' in terms of generating superior physical and mental appetite suppression and prolonged energy, just like pharm medication for appetite control or prescriptions for ADD.
New stim X, leanefx, spirodex, amp, oep, etc. is not even remotely the same. I've tried most of it since the late 90's...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with ya Clever Mouse!!!!!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to leave ya hangin, guys. Tried to respond to this one a few times yesterday but the forum was messing up or something.

Anywho, SX2 will be good, or it won't be at all. Whether or not it's as good as or better than SX is yet to be seen, but that is the goal. Overall, if it isn't atleast the closest thing to the original or worthy of the name, then it's doomed from the start and simply won't come out at all. It's been in the works for a LONG time now, even before SX disappeared, so the work has definitely gone into this one.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BOING!

PS: Was it the Proline analogue that messed with my sleep!?!?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, I believe it was the overall time release technology used in the product. It was paced out to be 12 hours of continued release/energy. Take it too late in the day, or be sensitive to it, and it's very likely that it just kept on going.

The current StimX with 1-MeTIQ has the same time release in it, but paced back to 6-8 hours. If you dosed it later in the day, it's likely that you would see the same effects, but with completely different ingredients.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
got it ;)

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
1-MeTIQ is also in Stimulant X, will the new slim xtreme be a beefed up stimx or a completely new supplement?

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Final round of testing is happening right now. It's pretty major
Saweet!! Slim X is still the best supp I have ever bought. Ever. That stuff made me a better person.

Clever Mouse

Awards
Saweet!! Slim X is still the best supp I have ever bought. Ever. That stuff made me a better person.
Wow, haha sometimes I laugh at the anecdotes from SX junkies, anyone up for a "R.I.P SX" forum lol? who cares about SX2, - SX was !MAGIC! and SX2 can never be as awesome, I take it very rarely these days because I find it builds up like crazy in the system, and even HALF a capsule affects me now. (I used to take 2 caps with cocoa extracts + nootropics for a serious buzz and unstoppable confidence, butthose days are over)

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Whats a butt hose???? J/K. I hope the new SX is at least better than the stuff out now. Most of it is pure crap.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those sound like some days I do not want. :11:
I kid you not... I was going to reply to this yesterday, but after reading that, every time I stopped in here, I was laughing so hard I COULD NOT TYPE!!!!!!!

butthose... That is today's word of the day.

Clever Mouse

Awards
lol SX for the pro did make the digestive system pretty effective...............

Sonntag

Awards
The main problem on SX was the norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI).
If you take 2-Diphenylmethylpyrrolidine only, the long-lasting dopamine effects will dominate. But SX was a perfect synergy between dopamin and norepinephrine (adrenalin); I dont know the second stuff wihch increases the adrenalin effects....

If you view on the supp market, there is no product which has significant DRI effects, a strong elimination half-life, and a high lipophilic (excluded controlled drug like adderall XR).
--> thats the biggest challenge on the new SX2

As an european I dont know why so many people in the usa are waiting for a replacement. Buy adderall XR 30mg online, its cheaper, better and saver (the long-term side effects are).

Clever Mouse

Awards
Did you look into their fat-soluble thiamine analog, plus the methylxanthines to provide the energizing effects. Stronger than adderall in that context.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
so what's the new SX gonna be called? also, are there going to be free samples sent out? will be interested how the new one is going to be compared to good ol' sx:(

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so what's the new SX gonna be called? also, are there going to be free samples sent out? will be interested how the new one is going to be compared to good ol' sx:(
Name? Um... SX2. :D Samples? Don't know yet. And we're all curious as to how it will compare. We'll know soon.... :cheers:

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Name? Um... SX2. :D Samples? Don't know yet. And we're all curious as to how it will compare. We'll know soon.... :cheers:
athletic xtreme should come-up with a name contest and the winner should receive a free bottle. that'll be great. :)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought it worked! Besides, let's face it, AX with names... pickier than I am with pens. REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY picky. We've had contests like this before, but the names never stuck anyway! :lol:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
can we name it connor? it looks like a connor.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
I thought it worked! Besides, let's face it, AX with names... pickier than I am with pens. REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY picky. We've had contests like this before, but the names never stuck anyway! :lol:
that's ok. at least i've tried. hopefully AX will send out samples. :)

tinshot

Awards
Sorry to leave ya hangin, guys. Tried to respond to this one a few times yesterday but the forum was messing up or something.

Anywho, SX2 will be good, or it won't be at all. Whether or not it's as good as or better than SX is yet to be seen, but that is the goal. Overall, if it isn't atleast the closest thing to the original or worthy of the name, then it's doomed from the start and simply won't come out at all. It's been in the works for a LONG time now, even before SX disappeared, so the work has definitely gone into this one.
Why would AX be working on this while you were selling SX like crazy? And then after you recalled SX, why didnt you come out with this new one instead of Stim X2 or 3 or what ever version that is up to now. Come out with the actual good one and cut out all these other in the middle versions.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would AX be working on this while you were selling SX like crazy? And then after you recalled SX, why didnt you come out with this new one instead of Stim X2 or 3 or what ever version that is up to now. Come out with the actual good one and cut out all these other in the middle versions.
Here's the thing... No matter what is released as the "best", there is probably a way to tweak it to make it even better. That tweak isn't always there when the original formulation is ready to hit the market. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it takes even longer. SX2 was being looked into a long while ago, and SXLite was actually ready to rock when everything was recalled. Take a look at another product - StimX. It's probably now in its 5th generation. Some changes were minor, while some warranted a complete relaunch of the product. MassFX has undergone 3 "generations" so far - MassFX, MassFX Max Strength, and MassFX The Destroyer. Each was a bit different than the last, changed in some way, and made an overall better product!

AX doesn't like to rest once a product is out. If there's something better out there to use in it, then it'll be researched, tested, and might make it into a rehash. It's about progress and bringing the absolute BEST to the market for everyone.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Here's the thing... No matter what is released as the "best", there is probably a way to tweak it to make it even better. That tweak isn't always there when the original formulation is ready to hit the market. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it takes even longer. SX2 was being looked into a long while ago, and SXLite was actually ready to rock when everything was recalled. Take a look at another product - StimX. It's probably now in its 5th generation. Some changes were minor, while some warranted a complete relaunch of the product. MassFX has undergone 3 "generations" so far - MassFX, MassFX Max Strength, and MassFX The Destroyer. Each was a bit different than the last, changed in some way, and made an overall better product!

AX doesn't like to rest once a product is out. If there's something better out there to use in it, then it'll be researched, tested, and might make it into a rehash. It's about progress and bringing the absolute BEST to the market for everyone.
Rock on brother, I can honestly say of all the products I've ever tried, Mass FX V2 and slim xtreme were the only ones that blew my mind and delivered on their claims. AX has my backing and I can't wait to try the "Destroyer!"