SlimX - Why EXACTLY has it been discontinued?

Clever Mouse

Awards
o/t: wut is going on with other companies and irresponsible ripoffs?

Public Notification: “Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule” Contains Undeclared Drug Ingredient

[5/10/2011] The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use “Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule,” a product for weight loss sold on various websites and distributed by Globe All Wellness. The company falsely claims on the label that the product is “100% natural.”

FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that “Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule” contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was withdrawn from the U.S. market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, and stroke. This product may also interact in life threatening ways with other medications a consumer may be taking.

Consumers should stop using this product immediately and throw it away. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects should consult a health care professional as soon as possible.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/MedicationHealthFraud/ucm254905.htm

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's just really really stupid of them to rip it off. I guess it just goes to show how competitive this industry is. This isn't the only SX knock off, but first I've seen using the same name. Time to get legal involved?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I saw THESE!!! In an herbal wellness store. I'm going to go and tell them about this.

Sonntag

Awards
That's just really really stupid of them to rip it off. I guess it just goes to show how competitive this industry is. This isn't the only SX knock off, but first I've seen using the same name. Time to get legal involved?
word!
Sibutramin has a completely different effect-profil than SX...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
still have some sample packets of original SX :)