Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
IntraXCell SteelEdge short reviews:

Ctgblue-Mod at bb.com

IntraXCell

I really like the Beta Alanine Products that have been coming out.
Read my reviews for Body Octane and H-Blocker

Having tried those, I was quite excited to try the newest offering by Athletic Edge Nutrition - Intra X Cell.
Now, I must tell you that I held off reviewing this longer than most as I was unable to push myself really hard the first week or two that I was taking this, due to injuries.
During that time I also noticed that this was not the "immediate hit" that Body Octane and H-Blocker are. Most powders hit faster than capsules anyway.
So I thought I was going to be disappointed, but I found that, with IntraXCell, the feeling came on slower but lasted MUCH longer than the other two products.
It was able to hold through the entire workout and I could even still feel it on the drive home.
I will give this 4.5 out of 5, damn near perfect for what it does.
Another home run for Athletic Edge.

SteelEdge

This has quickly become one of my favorite energy drinks. I use it for all kinds of situations.
They have added BCAA's to the mix and the 200mg of caffeine hits really smooth with no jitters.
I can say without a doubt that it really does help you focus and get into whatever you are doing.
I use it for the gym in the mornings, but really rely on it for those long afternoons when I may have had a bigger lunch than I had planned. It save me from the "afternoon drowsies" in a big way. I will only use a single scoop because of the maltodextrin content. I KNOW it says 0 sugar, but Maltodextrin IS a sugar and it DOES knock me the hell out if I ingest too much.
That aside, this is an awesome supplement. I give it 4.5 out of 5. Drop this into the $20 something range and it gets the full 5 out of 5.

Testers Logs summaries:

Ectomeso1 -
Overall I was unbelievably impressed with intraXcell

Benefits Included-
Better Energy
Better Pump
More Energy
Better Strength
Better Endurance

My strength gains were very impressive in 30 days, some of them include
Bench 210x3 to 245x3
Squat 265x3 to 290x3
Bent Row 185x8 to 215x8
Deadlift 325x3 to 365x3
Militray 135x5 to 150x5

Weight 180lbs to 187lbs

IntraXcell rating 11/10

I will post b4 and after pics either tonight or tom.

GreenMachine:

The Final Workout!!

Today was my final workout on IntraXCell but it won't be the last time I use this product. I am going to get another bottle here very soon. I've had an excellent experience with IntraXCell and it is very evident in the progress I have made.

Start End

Bench max: 225 265
Dumbell press: 70's 95's
Cable Fly's: 50 75
Pec Dek: 135 220
Conc. Curl: 30's 45's
Skullcrushers: 65 85
Alt bicep curl: 35's 45's
Barbell curl: 85 105
Military press: 95 135
Front raises: 25's 35's
I increased strength in all lifts. I was particularly happy with my bench max as I am hoping to hit 300 by Feb. My muslces are more full and toned now and are hard as they have ever been. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, I would rate IntraXCell at 9, and I will be placing a new order very soon. Very good product.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
NeCrOmAnCeR:

End of Log IntraXcell finish today

Day 32

Previous workouts Arms did not suffer at all from tuesday..Yesterday was a rest day and Legs still not healed.Quads ok..Inner Hamstring felt like a rod....No pace at all with cardio(and I did cardio 3 times yesterday)...Definetly could be that I smashed legs extra hard due to IntraXcell delaying fatigue...Like I have said I did get on average 3 extra reps on each set...When I was fatigued at 9...I would not rest till I got 12!

Hamstrings still not healed for today completely.But felt fresh for this workout.

Back and Calves Oh how awful.....I missed My Steel Edge today..I enjoy drinking it thru the workout so much.

Met up with Solarize at his gym.(sorry no training video's )

He said up for deadlifts...I not done any this year due to lower back gives me grief for up to a week after.But now it is healed..

Boy I knew I had been born today...Like they really were hard and smashed u to oblivion...every muscle wants to give way under the strain.
Back workout continued with some quality excercises.Moderate weight and great Lat pumps...with bonus bicep inflation.

Calves had lots of endurance..burnt them out Leg Press doing calves and seated calves...Reps were excellent..<(intra)> and they ached for hours afterwards.And then much later I still had nothing to give for cardio..:/

Conclusion and Summation

I did not know what to expect.I did not read online anything about Products..But Steel Edge....the drive and the focus....Never felt anthing like it.And it is essential part of Your desire to acheive...
I cannot wait to take it again in 2 weeks.

IntraXcell The weights just kept going up and the reps acheived in this month were phenonemal...I really did set new records for myself...and all the while I was cutting...I acheived so much fat loss and still kept gaining muscle I am sure thanks to this Product.

Athletic Edge Nutrition are Truly First Class Products...God Help someone beat them(can't be done) And If they ever bring out a new product....Wow...Results will be Intense.

Cannot Afford to continue with IntraXcell at this time.(I know I really should-I will try to find funds)

But Otherwise I can't wait to stack these products again near the end of the month will some Controlled Labs Products....Yes it's going to be an intense ride back up the scales.

Thank You Sebastian for selecting me as a Tester..Your support through out....has been exemplary.

My Log is very detailed.So that anyone can see at a glance without too much scrolling that these products really kick.

Skircus7:

Well today is my final day to log this product......I am sad to see it end, but I will keep a log a month's time from now, and I will stack IntraXCell with a product yet to be determined. I will keep another 30 day log at that time.

I was very psyched for this workout.....I really wanted to ruin myself on the last day with IXC for a month....

1) DB Shoulder Press: 1x8 (50's) 3x6 (65's)
2) Clean & Press: 3x4 (105lbs)*****
3) Lateral Raises: 3x8 (35's)
4) Front Raises: 3x6 (35's)

5) Cable Crunches: 3x15 (90lbs)
6) Various Ab Ex for 5 min

7) Seated Calf Raises: 3x15 (140lbs)
8) Standing Calf Raises: 2x10 (220lbs)

*****I am not sure if this is the correct name for this exercise, but basically I am doing a power clean, then pressing the bar over my head....

GREAT WORKOUT!!!!

I want to say thanks to everyone from AEN! It was an honor to log this product, and I am a solid believer in B-A supplementation now. It is only a "supplement," and does not magically put weight on you, and improve your lifts, but when you have a sloid diet/workout routine it can bust through any plateau.

Good luck to all those who are still logging this product!!!

Skircus7, continues on for a 60 day log with SizeOn:
IntraXCell+SizeOn *FINAL REVIEW*

Okay, so I had to write two papers today, and turn in my LAST ENGLISH PAPER EVER!!!!!......haha.....that feels good!......anyways, I wanted to write a final review for this stack, as many people are probably thinking about stacking creatine & beta-alanine together.

Body Composition: (9/10)
I am still 154lbs, which is the weight that I was when I started the log. I gave this category a 9 because I did not seem to retain ANY water from the SizeOn, and my bodyfat did not go up at all. I believe that IntraXCell may have played a role in the fact that I did not retain any water from the creatine, but I am not %100 sure of this.

Strength: (10/10)
I was VERY IMPRESSED with my strength gains from this stack. I am not a very big guy (5'6"-154lbs) so I was happy to get really close to 300lbs on both squats and deads with this stack. My strength increases did not slow down at all during this log, and I went up on squats/deads every workout. Overall, I could not be more pleased with the strength gains.

Endurance: (9/10)
My endurance was really off the charts during this log. During cardio sessions I barely ever got really tired, and in the gym I felt like I could train for hours on end (exept for leg day!). I was not taking any caffeine while logging these products, and I never needed the extra boost in the gym. Every time I went to the gym, the combo of (IntraXCell) Beta-Alanine + SizeOn's "Outlast" kept my endurance sky high, and rest times down.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who followed along, encouraged me, and provided me with tips during this log!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Beast69 with video:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Thursday, Oct. 19 - Push

Workout:

Push-press - 160x3, 160x3, 160x3
-Started at 80% of 1RM, will increase 5lbs per push workout

Incline DB Press - 90'sx5, 90'sx4, 90'sx4
-extra rep on first set

CG bench - 195x6, 195x6, 195x6
-still increasing weight, going to lower reps for a few workouts

Notes
Another morning workout, but felt strong as ever. Today was my last day to workout before sunday (event day), and I didn't want to work out my legs today due to my back, which is wrecked from yesterday's deadlift PR workout (wrecked in a VERY good way ), so shoulders it was. Workout went well, and focus was nothing less than expected when using SteelEdge.

Pertaining to IntraXcell/SteelEdge...
-Focus is excellent throughout entire workout, including at the end of an intense session
-recovery time between sets is reduced
-Strength and endurance are continually rising

NKWulf:

Review of IntraXCell: So for so great. My pushups and reps have gone up. My strength and endurance have greatly increased. The prickling feeling has gone, I miss it. 10/10

Steel Edge: Great energy from it during my workouts. Also my recovery is quicker. 10/10

Fyre: This stuff has killed my hunger. Which is great, I dont have the snack urge. Still providing a good pick up of energy throughout the day. So thats good. 10/10

PRT Results from this morning.

Pushups: 83 YEAH BABY!!!! Just got to push out 17 more....Got to work on those quick muscle fibers

Situps: 80 I dont think Ill every get a 6 pack, but my stomach will be as strong as a steel beer keg

Run: 1330. Pretty good decrease in my time. Not were I wish it was but its a start. This is my weakest area. My goal is to get 12 mins by March.

Over all note I didnt feel worn out after the prt which is good. I also feel that I may have been able to push harder on the run...not sure if the reason I didnt was a mental thing or what. At the end of the month ill push harder and see where I am at.

Ill try to get some pictures up tongiht for a 2 week look.

To me the chest fat has decreased, but my stmoach is still there. Weight is at 210. Not bad from 215. 2 weeks 5lbs. Need to pick up the cardio though. My goal is 200 at the end of the month...ok ok 205.

EricTheRed- ,
Final Review

Well i do have to say for cutting and this only being my only "non staple" supp. i'm pretty impressed with some of my results. As for this being the next creatine i would have say it falls into the realm but this product really isnt for explosive muscle strenght but really helps in the endurance part. Pumps were pretty good and this product really can help for distance runners or for long cardio sessions, i have to say i never really jumped on a bike for a few months and then to do a 50min cardio session with my Animal cap and sweatshirt on in the gym sweating my you know what off really did help alot.

I do have to say however this product does take a few weeks to fully kick in and i could tell you can still see better results the longer you take it (2-3months) so i wouldnt say this is a one month, one hit wonder but should be taken for longer periods of time but will be worth it. I can see this product to be a lower cost version of MAN bodyoctane.

As for side effects i would say its pretty negative effect free, i never really felt the tingle as you would with beta-alaine but i never did with similar products such as H-blocker. The only thing is that the pills smell pretty nast so make sure you have the cap on tight or you will wake up to a pretty nasty smelling dorm room the next morning

here is the final weight

start- roughtly 216lbs

end-around 210lbs

Well this is pretty on task for keeping it around 1-1.5lbs lost per week but i could telll this was a good amount of water which takes me to the next thing that you wont feel bloated as you would with regular creatine. I'm still working on the slowly but surely cut and will contine with my hyperdrol and Mass FX log so feel free to drop by that which will be up hopefully tomorrow.

So all in all this product was pretty good, endurance was up with some cell volumization and my strenght was starting to creep up which i'm fine with when it comes to cutting. I would suggest IntraXCell and i would wish AEN the best of luck in its future ventures, this product is pretty good for the price.

rating 8.5/10

I will be posting pics tomorrow as i killed the battery in my camera. Have a safe and happy new year everyone and thanks for all the support while doing this log!

TT22:

Day 29
Bottle is empty!?!

WORKOUT:
Chest/Triceps

Every workout, I will highlight 3-4 exercises, in which i think i will see the most improvement!

Machine Press: 50x10 80x15 110x10 130x8 150x6(PR!)

Bench: 45x25 135x5 185x1 225x1(PR!) 230x0
Felt like i could do 230 just didn't, will attempt on Friday!

Incline Bench: 45x10 135x8 175x5 185x3 185x2 135x8(pause at bottom)
Felt good!

Tricep Pulldowns: 80x8 120x8 150x8
My tricep/shoulder is doing alot better and that makes me happy!

Misc: Very happy about 225. My goal was to hit 230 by the end of January and i almost accomplished that today! Today is my last day until i get my other bottle!

Dosing: I took 3 pills 15-minutes prework and 3 pills post with my special post workout shake!

Jdub

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Farangtlsw:

Final thoughts…

Some background
Due to my age, job nature, poor diet timing, poor appetite, weight control, family, etc reasons, I have not experienced muscle growth/strength increase for the last 3 years. Plus almost all my training aspects took a tumble i.e. my recovery/ strength/ fatigue delays/ exercise intensity/ endurance & focus.

My friend highlighted Intraxcell and SteelEdge to me with a promise that it could deliver results & boost the training aspects I was looking for. Many thanks to AEN for sponsoring this log.

IntraXCell
As I have never taken any BA supplements before, it is a great experience to try something new. I enjoyed the prickling sensation it gave me & craved for it to come every single time. The sensation gradually subsided since mid way 3rd week ~ last week of my log.

The result is not dramatic but progress is slow & steady. I noticed the muscle fullness & strength increase from this product. Towards mid 2nd week of my log, my quads & body felt exploded/muscular fullness upon waking.

Almost all exercises I have done virtually has some degree of poundage increase, if not, increase in reps. On days when I didn’t have sufficient calories, my strength hold on steady. This is definitely a positive attribute.

SteelEdge
I am a not flavor person so flavor rating is 7.

Heart rate, focus, concentration, energy & endurance were lifted in the gym. ½ scoop is enough for my workout but I prefer the 1 scoop split between preWO & during WO for endurance & recovery booster!

It is not the kind of jittery effect from thermogenics I took before. Just plain good clean energy. And the need to breathe during cardio is lesser degree. I felt my recovery has improved since the log.

What I truly like is it helps eliminate & boost a faster recovery from DOMS. This is the kind of product features I am looking for right now.

Overall rating
IntraXCell – 8 out of 10 Solid!
SteelEdge - 9 out of 10 Awesome

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Hoffman:

Day 30

Workout: Chest

Bench press 235x4 245x3 250x3
Incline db 85lbs 3x6 *** felt very easy could have gone to 90's but school's next highest are 95lbs
Weighted Dips BW+80lbs 3x6
DB Flat bench 45lbs 1x falilure

Comments: Well its my last day of the provided product... but I just recieved my new bottle of Intraxcell.. To credit all my gains to this products would be unreal and just a flat out lie..... I credit muscle memory and a new strength program ... also a increased caloric diet as well.... BUT Intraxcell has clearly allowed me to get work outs done in a shorter amount of time then before... I'm clearly recovering faster inbetween sets... also I catch my breath faster when i do cardio in gym... this product will be great for people who are run a tight schedule and need to get there full work outs done in 30mins but yet still go all out with enough rest to get your max effort lifts ..Weigh in on wensday... If any one would like to comment on how i have written this log plz post... so my next tester log will be even beter! THANKS

Sherdi:
Final Review

This was my very first sponsored supplement log. I was initially interested in both the products SteelEdge and IntraXCell to assist me with muscle gain (hypotrophy) and strength. I found that they were a beneficial addition to proper nutrition and basic supplementation. While I had used other preworkout formulaes, I had never had a chance to try Beta-Alanine, so this was a good opportunity. I will review each product separately.

SteelEdge
I definitely noticed the energy that this product gave me. For the first week, my HR and energy was lifted in the gym...just like with any product with stimulants in it (caffeine) that energy can plateau. I found by taking 1/2 scoop preworkout and then taking the other 1/2 scoop while training, that my energy was more fixed and constant. This worked well for me. The thing that I think would make SE better, would be the inclusion of creatine. I feel that it does help with energy in the gym, but being a regular creatine preworkout blend taker, I found that SE might have lacked there. Personally, I would not buy the SE as I find that a preworkout blend with added creatine is more beneficial for me. That is not to say that this product wouldn't work for others. Overall Rating - 6/10

The flavour of the SE was citris and it tasted like orange zing/crush cordial. I was pretty easy to mix and it wasn't too sweet or chemical tasting. Overall Rating for taste - 9/10

IntraXCell
As I had never experience this supplement before, it was a great thing to try. I didn't really experience the initial "prickling" that comes from supplementing from Beta-Alanine like some people do. I did get slight tingling in various parts of my skin but this wasn't uncomfortable and very mild. This tinging decreased over time and was eventually non-existent. Because BA takes some time to flood the muscles (3-4weeks), I found that only really noticed it's effects in the 3rd week on. For me, this wasn't a dramatic benefit, but I did notice that I could push further into end reps. I do feel that it helped me with strength (similar to creatine does for me, but it did feel different) and I can see that there is potential for this supplement. I am hoping to stack another bottle of IntraXCell (waiting on shipment...damn Australian Customs have it!) with a preworkout Creatine blend as I am really interested to see how they can work together to help me with my workouts.

I also noticed some great pumps on this product and now that I have run out (my last two doses were only 1/2 doses), I can tell I this morning that I more flat that I have been recently. I noticed , while on IntraXCell that I looked more full even in the morning on waking, especially in my biceps.

I think that BA has a real future in the bodybuilding supplement field and it will be interesting to see how the research pans out on this one.
Overall Rating - 8/10

---------

Now for my results!

Strength
I gained quite a bit of strength in some exercises during the 30 days. I am not sure if the supplements were purely due to this, as I generally always are pulling out PBs and strength increases as that is one of my goals when working out.

Weight/Measurements
Halfway through this log, I stopped a bulk that I had been doing for 4-5months. I have since then gone into maintenance and in a few weeks, I will be starting my journey to diet down for a bb comp in March next year.

Here are my measurements from the start of my log until today's date:

Stats as at 18th October 2006
5'5"
138# same I gained 1# during the month and lost it again.

Neck: 11.5" - same
Shoulder: 41.5" - decrease 0.4"
Chest: 34" decrease 0.11#
Waist: 26" same
Abs: 28" same
Hips: 34.5" decrease 0.7#
Thigh: 22" same
Quads: 19" decrease0.5#
Flexed Quads: 20" same
Knee: 12.7" same
Calf: 14.75" same
Bicep: 11.5" decrease 0.5"
Flexed Bicep: 12" decrease 0.5"
Forearm: 9.5" increase 0.25"

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Jaymode:

Summary:

End Weight: 186.5lbs +1.4lbs
-This is lean weight. I do not gain weight very fast on this workout and diet. Its meant more for strength as I said in the beginning.

Strength Gains: These are compared to the beginning of the product. (I took these from today's workout to make sure they were accurate)
Midway results are also available.
Squats 5x5:
1st Set - 140lbs +5lbs
2nd Set- 185lbs +5lbs
3rd Set- 235lbs +10lbs
4th Set- 245lbs +0lbs (this was both my 4th and 5th set previously)
5th Set- 275lbs +30lbs

Incline Bench 5x5:
1st Set - 135 lbs +0lbs (feels so much easier now)
2nd Set - 155lbs +10lbs
3rd Set - 190lbs +10lbs
4th Set - 205lbs +0lbs
5th Set - 210lbs +5lbs + reps(at the beginning I was only able to get 205 for 3 on the 5th set)

Bent Over Rows:
1st Set: 85lbs +0lb
2nd Set: 95lbs +0lb
3rd Set: 115lbs +5lb
4th Set: 125lbs +5lb
5th Set: 145lbs +15lb (My form may be a little off but I really feel this last set a lot)

Like I said, on Squat I can make big jumps but not 30lbs normally. I had been at a plateau so that explains the breakthrough increase.

IntraXCell:
- This stuff keeps working from the point it kicks in all the way to the 30 day mark without a slowdown
- The tingling can be very intense at first, but towards the end you get used to the effect and dont feel it as much
- I feel like when you first begin to feel the effects of this product, you feel really strong but then hit a "wall" fairly quick; however, the more you continue the product the further back the wall gets pushed. It keeps working.
- Better recovery

Overall IntraXCell is an awesome product, I feel like it is better than any creatine.

SteelEdge:
- Good focus during your workouts. Very much a tunnel vision effect.
- Clean energy, not jitters or shakes.
- Good taste. I began to miss drinking this on days that I did not workout.
- It also seemed to put me in a better mood.

Overall SteelEdge is a solid product. I am a stim junkie before workouts, but SteelEdge has been one of the best pre workout supplements I have taken that is not overly stimulating.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
EricThe Red IntraXCell review:

Well i do have to say for cutting and this only being my only "non staple" supp. i'm pretty impressed with some of my results. As for this being the next creatine i would have say it falls into the realm but this product really isnt for explosive muscle strength but really helps in the endurance part. Pumps were pretty good and this product really can help for distance runners or for long cardio sessions, i have to say i never really jumped on a bike for a few months and then to do a 50min cardio session with my Animal cap and sweatshirt on in the gym sweating my you know what off really did help alot.

I do have to say however this product does take a few weeks to fully kick in and i could tell you can still see better results the longer you take it (2-3months) so i wouldn't say this is a one month, one hit wonder but should be taken for longer periods of time but will be worth it. I can see this product to be a lower cost version of MAN bodyoctane.

As for side effects i would say its pretty negative effect free, i never really felt the tingle as you would with beta-alaine but i never did with similar products such as H-blocker. The only thing is that the pills smell pretty nast so make sure you have the cap on tight or you will wake up to a pretty nasty smelling dorm room the next morning

here is the final weight

start- roughtly 216lbs

end-around 210lbs

Well this is pretty on task for keeping it around 1-1.5lbs lost per week but i could telll this was a good amount of water which takes me to the next thing that you wont feel bloated as you would with regular creatine. I'm still working on the slowly but surely cut and will contine with my hyperdrol and Mass FX log so feel free to drop by that which will be up hopefully tomorrow.

So all in all this product was pretty good, endurance was up with some cell volumization and my strenght was starting to creep up which i'm fine with when it comes to cutting. I would suggest IntraXCell and i would wish AEN the best of luck in its future ventures, this product is pretty good for the price.

rating 8.5/10

I will be posting pics tomorrow as i killed the battery in my camera. Have a safe and happy new year everyone and thanks for all the support while doing this log!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Saku IntraXCell Review:

I have to say im very pleased with the results I got from my bottle of IXL. I ran a log so check it out.

Lets look at the IXL write up.

For a indepth FAQ please see the IntaXCell Thread:

I always like to do a little research on products and supplements before I jump on the band wagon and buy stuff. It help me undeerstand why I should want to take what Iam taking and how it work. I thought I would share some of the info I have gathered.

Now that we understand IXL, lets look at how accurate the claims are.

Quote:
IntraXCell Is Scientifically Formulated To:

Boost Explosive Muscular Strength and Endurance, Forcing Lean Muscle Gains.
Increase Intracellular Carnosine Levels and Fight Muscular Fatigue & Metabolic Acidosis.
Extreme Muscle Fullness and Vascularity.
Naturally Boost the Power Antioxidant Glutathione and Fight Cellular Fatigue.
History Is About To Be Made Once Again!

I rate that statement 10/10. I did find a boost in my strenght. as you can see from my log weight and reps increased on all my excercises.

Increase Intracellular Carnosine Levels and Fight Muscular Fatigue & Metabolic Acidosis.

From the data I have gathered, including the effects it I recieved from IXL I rate that statement as 10/10

Extreme Muscle Fullness and Vascularity.

10/10. Vascularity definelty improved and was present for the whole log.

Naturally Boost the Power Antioxidant Glutathione and Fight Cellular Fatigue History. Is About To Be Made Once Again!

Again from the data I have gathered I would have to agree, history will be once again made. 10/10

Final Thoughts

I was impressed with the product and how it stood up to the claims. I really feel this is one spectacular product. I will continue to use this product for 2 more months then cycle off for about 4 weeks then ill be back on for 3 months. I feel this product will be beneficial to thoes cutting or bulking.

Also just for the record, I was fighting a cold for 2.5 weeks of my log and I still managed to push out personal records just about everyday. I can't wait to see the true potential of IXl when Im not sick.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
BLAP vs AEN IntraXCell FINAL REVIEW

>>> FINAL REVIEW <<<

>>> INTRODUCTION/ BACKDROP:

This is the final review from my 30 day AEN IntraXCell log.

Athletic Edge Nutrition’s IntraXCell product is only the second beta alanine product I’ve ever tried, and the first time I’ve tried beta alanine without any form of creatine alongside it.

Over the course of using IntraXCell my training was divided into two sections. Weeks 1-2 can at the end of a very high volume phase, with workouts lasting up to 56 sets at the end of the final week. Weeks 3-4+ were more geared toward strength and intensity.

Other than training everything, including my diet was very baseline and consistent- nothing else fancy going on at all during this other than the addition of the IntraXCell.

------------------

>>> PRODUCT:

Bottle looked great. Nice packaging- obviously some careful thought had gone on into the design and feel of the product. There’s a ton of reading on the side compared to other products which I liked. Obviously a lot of it is marketing but it’s still informative and claims weren’t outrageous by any means. The caps themselves are tasteless and odourless. When I got to the last few servings there was the distinct eggy whiff of NAC but it was very mild.

>>> STRENGTH:

As explained earlier I had the oppertunity to test parameters over two segments- the Volume Phase and the Intensity Phase.

My strength goal during the Volume Phase was to maintain strength over increasing volume. I think I managed this surprisingly successfully. Moving from a total of 35 sets to 56 sets (5 sets per exercise to 8 sets per exercise) my strength barely wavered to the point where I only lost around 5% strength from set 1 to 8. The great thing was that every session I left the gym absolutely trashed with zero left in the tank yet the next session I had enough to keep up the template of the program.. although I’d leave equally as trashed.

Moving from the Volume Phase to the Intensity Phase presented many interesting contrasts for me. In terms of strength though there was some slight improvements from the volume phase but nothing beyond what I’d contribute to training alone.

>>> RECOVERY:

Inter-set recovery was typically excellent throughout both training phases. During the Volume Phase I drop rest times significantly and still feel recovered enough within a 60 second rest time to be able to start the next set. This helped me keep high volume workouts both concise and intense. Unsurprisingly I typically find that the main compound movements require much more recovery time than isolation movements, but this difference seemed a lot less significant whilst on IntraXCell.

During the lower volume Intensity Phase the workouts were more geared toward strength. Here it seemed that whilst recovery was still improved, it was slightly less improved compared to recovery between higher volume sets. I think some of this may have been related to the extra cardio-vascular recovery required when specifically both ‘lifting heavy’ and to concentric failure.

>>> ENDURANCE:

Endurance was an aspect in which IntraXCell really did shine. After the series of gruelling high volume workouts I felt like I couldn’t do any more but every session I went back and increased the volume I could not only keep up the volume but maintain quality throughout those sets. This occurred session after session and really allowed me to tackle 56 set workouts head on and in a concise fashion (unlike my final reviews ).

During the Intensity sessions I still noticed increased endurance and recovery between sessions, but it was really telling at the end of my workouts for two reasons. Firstly, my workouts during the Intensity sessions ended up very short- much shorter than I would expect and I put this down to increased recovery between sets. Secondly, at the end of my workouts I very much felt like I had a tonne more energy left in me. Which nicely leads me to discuss IntraXCell cardio…

>>> CARDIO:

… as cardio on IntraXCell had some perks of its own. Firstly, having a shorter more intense workout provides you with the time at the end of my workouts for some quality cardio. Also, still feeling fresh at the end of my workout gave me the motivation to get on a treadmill for a few miles- helping me attain my fitness goals. I also found that muscular endurance was notably improved during cardio sessions and ultimately I was only limited by my cardiovascular fitness, which obviously improved over time.

>>> BODY COMPOSITION:

I noticed some slight leaning out, but nothing attributable to anything other than high volume workout and cardio. I did also put on a small amount of weight (~1.5lbs) which was nice after dropping some weight after ceasing creatine at the end of last year in order to come into this log 'clean'.

>>> VASCULARITY/ PUMPS:

There was no discernible change in either vascularity or pumps. Normally I don’t respond particularly great to NO booster type products in terms of pumps but I have usually noticed massively improved vascularity in my calves as weird as it may sound. Whilst using IntraXCell I did not notice anything like this. The benefit of this was that I suffered no or back calf pumps during cardio sessions.

>>> SIDES/ TINGLES:

I thought I’d put a little comment in here on the beta alanine tingles. I’ve used a beta alanine product before and never experienced the ‘tingles’ before. Throughout most of this log I again experienced zero tingle type effects. However, towards the end of the bottle I did experienced it twice- strangely enough both times were when I took my IntraXCell along with some Diet Coke. Once was after a meal and the second was one of the rare occasions I took a dose an hour away from a meal. Both times the tingles felt like a a ‘prickly heat’ type thing running across my back, forearms, hands and fingers. It wasn’t a bad feeling but I didn’t enjoy it either. Both experiences lasted 10-15 minutes.

Other than that there were zero sides. No gastrointestinal problems or anything else.

------------------

>>> FINAL THOUGHTS:

Finally, I really liked the product overall. Having never used a beta alanine standalone product before it was an enjoyable experience. Many people will say that bulk beta alanine is better value. For me it’s a matter of what you want out of the product. IntraXCell represents a convenient and fuss free way of taking beta alanine. I like the addition of NAC and ALA. Although I’m uncertain about the dose of ALA in this product, given that the effectiveness of beta alanine is said improve alongside carbs/meals the ALA is a nice addition at meal time, particularly higher carb ones.

We've all heard the remarks that beta alanine is 'the next creatine'. As a non-responder to regular creatine monohydrate I would say that IntraXCell easily blew that away in all departments. I think I've enjoyed MCC the most out of all creatine products I've tried as this was the only form from which I gained a discernible amount of strength, something which I didn't notice from IntraXCell either. In terms of endurance and stamina though IntraXCell stands toe to toe with all of the (standalone) creatine products I've ever tried.

I would certainly recommend it to endurance and sports athletes as well as those training in high volume ranges based on recovery and endurance enhancement of this product. Based on my experiences changes in strength were less significant, but that does not overshadow the potential benefits in recovery and endurance for those training for strength and lower volume either.

I’d hope that the fact that you can’t really ‘feel’ the product (other than perhaps the ‘tingles’) doesn’t put people off for more ‘glamorous’ supplementation. Overall, whilst it wasn’t a mind blowing product the subtle but important effects of IntraXCell/beta alanine will certainly put it into my regular supplement list and I’d definitely recommend it as a core supplement to anyone looking to develop upon their fitness related goals.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Selfishself:

I was chosen to be one of the testers for SteelEdge and IntraXCell. This is my review of SteelEdge for those of you who do not follow logs.

Taste-I really thought from the smell of SteelEdge that it was going to taste much better. Im not complaing at all because SteelEdge tasted did taste great, for some reason I just expected more. The taste is very citrus like and the aftertaste is amazing. If you have have ever had a citrus flavored powdered multivitamin, I would compare it to that. The taste is nothing to complain about and is quite refreshing compared to NO-Xplode and Shock that taste like very sweet soda pop. When you drink SteelEdge you actually feel like your drinking a bodybuilding product, not candy. I would compare the taste most closely to tang as did my girlfriend who has never tried a supplement. 8/10

Mixability I mixed SteelEdge with 12 oz of cold water and mixed it in a Bodybuilding.com mixer bottle. SteelEdge, after about 15 seconds of shaking, mixed great! There was no clumps or particles floating around. Its awsome only having to use 1 scoop of this as opposed to using 4 scoops for NO-Xplode. NO-Xplode may seem like it comes with more, but serving based, SteelEdge wins. The other great thing is that SteelEdge only needs to be taken on workout days. It makes you wish workoutday was everyday.Great mixability 10/10

Energy/Focus This is where SteelEdge really shines. This product blows everything out of the water as far as mental focus goes. As I said earlier I felt as if I could lift the weight with just my mind. The energy was perfect. At no point did I ever get the jitters but I did feel a constant buzz that got my through my workout with no bs. Awsome feeling all around in the gym. 10/10

Pump/Strength I had some really good pumps today and my body felt really swole the entire time. I was suprised by how well the pump was with relatively so little arginine. I was impressed that a company decided not to put tons of L-Arginine in a preworkout formula. It's my opinion that arginine is a useless ingrediant and only offers superficial benefits. What makes SteelEdge special is the synergy of other ingrediants COMBINED with L-Arginine to create an awsome pump. This is what really makes this product shine. Great pumps and instant size; you can't really ask for more in a product. 10/10

Formula This formula is very well thought out and is deffintly the most impressive formula on the market. This product used all the good stuff and left out all the bad. This is a true bodybuilding formula designed to function not to just look good. 10/10

Conculsion This is deffintly the best pre workout formula I have ever used. It is made for a true bodybuilder which is refreshing considering the market is flooded with such bad formulated products made to impress consumers with fancy labels and candy like taste. This product is going to explode on the market as soon as more people hear about it.
10/10

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
ATK's FINAL REVIEW!

Rating : 9 out of 10

It definitely boosted my strength. My overall strength has gone up through the roof..even dealing with a shoulder injury.I gained 4lbs on this log! Which was my log goal.

Attributes Increase Intracellular Carnosine Levels and Fight Muscular Fatigue.

Rating : 8 out of 10

After performing 1 exercise, I could move onto another pretty quickly without heavy breathing. My rest periods got shorter..they went from 3mins at the begining of the log..to 2-2 1/2 mins at the end.

Attributes Extreme Muscle Fullness and Vascularity.

Rating : 10 out of 10.

Deffinitly there....o man the pumps were CRAZY good! Some days i could barely flex the muscle i was working...it was great.

Conclusion

I am giving IntraXCell an 8 overall rating since this is the first time I ever tried a supplement with Beta-A in it. I can't make a comparison with other BA supplements..yet. The results were quite fast for me...it only took about a week for me to get the full benefits of the BA.

Thanks all you guys for visiting my log..and contributing your post i appreciate it

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
IntraXCell Review by young_squatter!!

IntraXcell Final Review

Strength: 9 out of 10
I am very hesitant to give any product a 10 on anything, But I give this a 9 for sure. I was getting stronger each workout with IntraXcell well maintaining my bodyweight throughout the whole thing. I find that pretty remarkable, the biggest PR was the 40 lbs PR I got on barbell bench press. :)

Endurance: 9 out of 10
This product made each workout so easy it was kind of sad, I always felt like I could of done so much more well taking intraXcell and had to hold myself back a lot so I didnt overtrain. I actually ended up going from hitting each muscle once a week to twice and the strength gains were better. This was my favorite part of intraXcell and the cardio workouts were much much easier which is always a plus, because cardio is a drag.

Body Composition: 8 out of 10
I maintained my weight throughout this whole log, BUT I am notciably leaner then before and stronger. So this leads me to conclude that I lost a bit of fat well actually gaining some lean mass. This whole log was kind of a recomp and I must say it went very well.

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10
I highly recommend intraXcell for anyone serious in training, I dont respond to creatine to well and was hesistant this product would not work but it worked great. Very happy with the strength gains, the endurance and overall changes I made to my physique during my short log. I am now supplementing with Bulk Beta Alaline at the moment to see if it works as good as intraXcell, we will see. Thumbs up to Atheletic Nutrition for a great supplement.

Thanks to all who are with Atheltic Nutrition for letting me log this, and sorry for taking so long to post my review.
:head:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Review by BeringC

This will be a review not a day to day log. I used Steel Edge last year before it was Steel Edge, I liked it very much so when the improved formula was available along with Intraxcell I purchased 3 of each. I am about 2 weeks into a stack of 2 or 3 doses per day of intraxcell 3 caps per dose and Steel Edge when I am either riding or working. I have experienced the same effects as per the tingling sensation it seems to happen regardless of food intake but it is not unpleasant so no big deal, I have most definitley noticed an increase in vascularity and an increase in endurance. A few days ago I went for a spring ride with some friends and it was a 6 hr 60 - 70 mile cross country heavy wet snow ride, very very physical, it takes all the strength and agility to ride cross country up and down valleys, lots of jumping off of cornices (need strong legs to withstand the impact of a 20 ft freefall to flat ground) from the tip of your fingers to the bottoms of your feet you feel it. I had a Steel edge cocktail that I drank throughout the ride and along with the Intraxcell I was ready to fill up with gas again and go back out when we got back in from the ride whereas all my friends were done, wiped out ready for bed. After I got home I observed a huge pump all throughout my upper body, vascularity, and hardness which lasted quite a few hrs. So all in all I like it. Big Thumbs up.
:cheers:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
IntraXCell

Strength 7/10

For me the strength gains came right at the end of the 30 days. Its wierd how for three weeks I felt nothing and then the last week my strength really improved. The strength boost is much stronger than that of any creatine I have taken so far. I am happy with the strength that I have gained but it is sad that it took so long to kick in.

Price 10/10

The fact that you can get 3 bottles for 81 bucks is an awsome deal. This product is well worth the price as is one of the best supplements I have taken to date. Great price for a great product.

Size 10/10

The pictures dont justify the size I have put on in the past month. I have really turned my body around and I can tell. Im very happy with the 12lbs I have put on. I going to try to get some better pictures up as soon as possible but with the pictures I have provided I think its easy to tell that I have put some solid mass on.
t.

Vascularity 8/10

Veins where sticking out in places that I had never had veins before. It was not like an arginine product but there was increased vascularity. The veins in my shoulders really pop out where as before they never did. I have not dropped wieght nor gained bodyfat so these veins have been getting bigger.

Formula 10/10

This is just not a BA product. IntraXCell has an awsome antioxidant formula that many other BA products lack. This alone puts IntraXCell at the top of the pack when talking about BA products.

Endurance 9/10

If it wasnt for the fact that the gym had hours I would be there all day. I never really felt like I had a complete workout because my muscles never got really tired. This allowed me to beat my muscles down and have them recover at just the same rate. Awsome feeling

Final 8.5/10

This is a great product by a straight up company. The mass and strength gains that come with this product gives any creatine a real run for its money. I can only imagine the damage both creatine and IntraXCell could do together. This is one of my favorite supplements and one that everyone could use.

Pre Log

Day 19

End Pict

Day 19

End Pict

:bb2:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
FINAL THOUGHTS ON INTRAXCELL AND STEELEDGE

I must first say that I REALLY enjoyed this product stack. SteelEdge certainly gave me an excellent boost of energy, intensity, endurance and all the necessary drive to push heavier weights in the gym. No matter if my workouts were late, early or how tired I was they rocked after slamming that stuff back. NICE WORK!

My Results

Bodyweight: 175 (up 8 lbs in 4 weeks!!!) :D
Waist: 30" (up 1") - not too shabby

I couldn't be happier with these results

I give SteelEdge a 5 out of 5 based on effects alone. BUT factoring in the PRICE here at BN, I would lower it to a 4 out of 5.

IntraXCell is really hard to evaluate. I felt my endurance and workouts improve about the 2-3 week range, but it is really difficult to determine the causes due to other variables. I certainly felt a small boost, but it is hard to isolate the true benefits of this product relative to other products. I would rank the product a 3.5 to 4 for these reasons factoring in cost as well.

THANKS VERY MUCH TO ATHLETIC EDGE for enabling me to test these products!!
:thumbsup:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
First up for individual review: STEEL EDGE

I was very impressed with this product.

First off, I am still not sure as to why I did not get the great pumps that everyone else has but thats my one negative. However, good news is that I did feel a nice consistent pump. And everyone else who is testing has flet a great pump from these...so it looks as if for some reason it was just me.

Now for the goods:
The focus is awesome. When I lift and go heavy i get in a "zone". I am focused on just the weight and getting it up nothing else. The more focused I am, the easier my lift and the more I am able to do. However, it usually takes me alot to get in that zone.
Steel Edge seemed to put me in that zone right away. And not only did it get me there quick, but it kept me there. I was finding myself into it first set, last set, heavy weight light weight. If you can relate to this, this is truely an awesome feeling, and made only better by the fact I got in that zone so easily. For me personally, I found this product to work awesome for this.
I had tried a few differen pre-workout drinks and never felt that before. So this was awesome!
The energey was there too...Not a crazy hands shaking, type of energy. But you could feel it and it lasted most of the lift. I liked this because It wasn't overwhelming and did not upset my stomach at all, something that alot of preworkout mizes do.
Would I like a little more in there...possibly...but anything more and i think it may just be too much.(Everyone has their own tolerance) But I found this to be very good.

Overall: I believe this enhanced me lifts pretty well. It got me "in the zone" and "focised" better than anythign I have expereinced before. I personally, didn't feel the crazy pumps that everyone else did, but I felt a nice consistent pump going. I do wish I felt it more like everyone else, but still decent. And the energy was nice, again not overwhelming but definately noticeable and felt throughout the whole lift.

Based on my experience, if you like being focused and in the zone when you lift, you MUST give this a try.

Also, I think this is a great product for the money. If you follow the directions correctly, no reason this won't last 6 weeks.

Thumbs up here!:thumbsup:

Next up: IntraXcell

Where do I start.....

Early on, the initial effects I felt were It had me feeling very Lean quick. And this feeling has lasted the whole log so far. And it is pronounced....I really did feel much leaner for whatever reason.

In terms of my lifts, I felt the pump again, but for whatever reason not as great as everyone else. I wish i had and am unsure why, but it is definately a nice consistent pump, but I wouldn't say truely mind-blowing, unfortunately. But, thankfully every other tester it seems has felt those mind-blowing pumps.
(I would say as of recent weeks 5 and 6 i am feeling it alot more for whatever reason)
My weight stayed pretty consistent early.

During week 3, i really started to notice this kicking in in the gym. I was doing heavier weights and the same weights for more reps. From week to week, I seemed for the most part to get the same week more times than I had the previous week and without much of a problem.

I think you are doing this product an injustice to run only one bottle. I am really feeling it the past 2 weeks and my weights and reps just keeping going up and up.

Overall, I was very pleased with this product. I felt much leaner right away, and felt this still to this point. I felt a difference around week 3 in my lifts, really being able to jump up my weights and reps. I feel this is more pronounced in weeks 5 and 6.
Also, as a note....I agined a solid 4 lbs through the 4 weeks. I think alot of it is good weight and I am definately noticabley bigger from when i started. I think part of this is due to me getting back into lifting but I feel the IntraXcell helped me alot with my transformation!

If you are currently taking this, try 2 bottles. I am currently and am very happy with my decision. I believe you will get the most out of this product if you do at least 2 bottles and if you keep it to 1 you are limiting its potential!

I think Athletic Edge Nutrition did very well with these products. I dont think there are many that provide the feelings and benefits of SteelEdge and the results of IntraXcell.
And, I am not just saying this. I think if you read around you will find many of the same results and feedback for these products.

You really don't have much to lose....if nothing else you will not be breaking your wallet to try these out.

Good luck to all those who give this a try and I hope your results are comparible.
Thanks to Athletic Edge Nutrition for the opportunity. I really appreciated it and I hope my log was up to your standards and will help those trying to make a decision on this stack.

If you have any questions fire away!

I am going to try to keep this log going...I slacked last week but am logging again this week. Posts may not be up until late this week or Early next week as I am going to Ohio for a wedding, but i will be lifting and logging, so check back in!

Again, any questions/feedback feel free! I'd love to answer anything you have!
Thanks for the review KA :cool:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
alright so everything is over now...i have finished both the steeledge and the IXL...so here it goes

SteelEdge - Taste was rather good...one of the better tasting products in my opinion. Effects from the steeledge were very good. I actually felt like my muscles were harder than ever before on steeledge. It gave me a great pump in the gym. Mental focus was decent not the best i have had but still very high quality. The only down side of the steel edge is that it didn't mix all that well. There was setiment after shaking a couple of times...OVERALL - Very good product and for the price makes it even better

IntraXCell - enough can't be said about IXL. I absolutely love this product. Incredible muscle endurance during my workouts and i even felt better doing cardio as well. I was able to push myself harder and add on some workouts to better myself. Great product...will def. be a staple in my supplementation during wrestling season. AEN give yourself a pat on the back for this one. OVERALL - one of the better products that i have used and its great b/c you can really feel the difference.

Thank you again AEN i appreciate this oppurtunity..good luck in the future..
:clap2:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
[size=+2]Steel Edge From Athletic Edge Nutrition(Full Spectrum Pre-Workout Formula)
[/size]

ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Full-Spectrum Pre-Workout
Formula, specifically designed to take advantage of the latest advancements in Nutrient Timing Science!

HIGHLIGHTS:
Exercise Intensity & Energy & consistent motivation.
Lean Muscle & Protein Synthesis.
Recovery, Electrolyte Balance.
Better RESULTS.

Mixability 8/10 It mixes well but there was always a little bit left, nothing too major but it wasn't the best.

Taste 8/10 The taste is good, not great. It isn't something I had to fight to get down so that's a good thing!

Pump/Intensity The pump was great with this product. It usually set in around 15 minutes of my workout, the intensity was great and I had no problems with this product at all!

Strength Increase I didn't notice much coming from Steel Edge in this department, but the workout intensity was so well that it aided me in finishing every one of my workouts!

Overall this product was a good pick up. I wanna thank Athletic Edge for this product and I did enjoy it. It's definitely something I would recommend for people to give a try. Its a solid product and its something I will buy again later in the future.
:head:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Final Review!

I took on this test back in April to see how I would react with SteelEdge and IntraXCell. I extended the four week test to eight weeks, which I paid for, because I know my body would probably take a little while before the IntraXCell would kick in and really give me anything really noticeable and worthy of writing anything up on. So, here are the two products broken down.

SteelEdge:
IT WORKS!! I guess I can be a little more descriptive then that. IT WORKS RIGHT AWAY!!! ? okay okay more info, I get it. I really didn?t know what to expect from this product. I never took any kind of stimulants, focusing, nootropics, or what ever category this product wishes to fall into. The entire two weeks I could feel the effects and they never dwindled. I did take the last week off from taking it and took them only on my max attempt days here this last week in a double dose to really feel the punch.

In about 15minutes I can start feeling the effects. Its effects are much different then if I were to drink several cups of coffee. It?s not just a caffeine rush that would make me all jittery. However, I did have some good foot tapping times to the tunes I was listening too here and there. It gave me more of a sense of being fully awake and not just dragging myself out of bed at 5:30am. I would feel ready to go and have the energy for a full workout that could last several hours, which I don?t do anyways but I felt like I could. I would normally take only one scoop but when I did take two scoops then it was a complete rush. I would feel like getting up and playing the air guitar across the gym floor.

I always wondered what people meant when they said something gave them focus. I always figured I had a lot of focus because of my training and not because of some supplement. On a few occasions, not all the time for me, I finally felt what it was meant for a product to produce focus. I?m usually in a zone but on those few times I was in an entire different zone then normal. Very hard to describe, but I wouldn?t think about anything else then the weights in front of me. I wouldn?t remember hearing any music or seeing any people just lifting, pushing, and pulling the weights.

So, overall great product. Taste is a bit bitter but very doable. It worked every time. Gave a great boost but didn?t go overboard. The focus when it came around was very nice!

IntraXCell
This was the one I knew I?d have to wait for any kind of effects. This was the main reason I really wanted to do this test. I?ve always been a Eat food and just stick to the basic supplement kind of guy. You know, take the protein powder only when necessary other wise EAT, take a multi, and just the past year got into creatine. I was even wondering if creatine was helping me. I stopped taking creatine about a month before this opportunity came around because I didn?t know if it was actually helping. It turns out it was helping with recovery. I don?t know about strength because that didn?t go down at all but by about three weeks after stopping I was starting to get some serious DOMS and harder to recover from one workout to the next. I was about to start taking creatine when this opportunity came around and decided what the heck lets try it out.

I took three caps before and after workout and three caps in the morning three caps in the evening on non-training days. It took about four weeks until I realized it was actually starting to work. I looked back at week three and realized my DOMS was starting to go away a little sooner. Every week after that, I had less and less DOMS and quicker and quicker recovery times. The last few weeks I have had zero DOMS and fully ready to go for my next workout. I can definitely say that this product has done exactly what I hoped it would do and that is to help with recovery between training sessions. I haven?t been taking it light and easy either, at least not for me. I?ll let the numbers in my log speak for me there.

The IntraXCell delivered exactly what I wanted and severely needed in order to help keep up with the training that I do. The caps are very convenient and on a few occasions I uncapped them into my shaker to take with me. They do have a slight smell so don?t be surprised there.

I plan to take IntraXCell again in about two or three months for a three month cycle along with creatine and will probably keep SteelEdge in my arsenal for those days that I really really need the boost. Thanks so much Athletic Edge Nutrition and everyone that has commented on my log or has been following along. I have to make special mention of Skircus7 as you've really been there pretty much every day.
:dl:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
IntraXcell by Athletic Edge Nutrition -

Does this product impact endurance and muscular performance ?

I noticed during my log there came a point where i could tell IXL was working, things came easier and my performance rarely waned. It was about day 18 or so that i noticed changes and my body temperature increased, my muscles felt strong and i didnt really get tired.

Did i lose any fat on this 30 day adventure ?

I think i have lost considerable fat, i am happy, but for others i will hope the pictures do me justice.

Did i add any muscle ?

I believe along with leaning down i managed to add some muscle and get closer to my PB strength that i achieved using PH's.

How did i feel about the tingle ?

I kinda of liked the sensation IXL gave me, sometimes it was unexepected when habitually popping pills.

All in all would you use IXL again and given your experience would you recommend this to others ?

I would use IXL again and will continue to use it for another 2 months (two bottles) that i purchased from nutra planet. I would also recommend IXL to anyone looking to increase performance and moreso endurance.

On a 1 to 10 how would you rate IXL ?

Its difficult to rate physiological changes on such a simple scale but i would say 9.5/10. Any product that can burn fat, add muscle, increase endurance safely, is top notch in my books. IXL limited lactic acid problems, and now i want to see how it does with some creatine.

Steeledge by Athletic Edge Nutrition -

Did steeledge improve your workouts ?

It gave me clean jitter free workouts that seemed easier and more intense at the same time.

What could be said about the flavor and mixability of SE ?

SE mixed well, did not settle, and had a pleasant taste. If i could change anything it would be .. a flavour variety pack but i understand AEN would not ba able to offer this great pricing with such a product.

Energy is one thing, did SE help you hydrate or affect your appetite ?

I stayed hydrated rather easily and rarely did not have a PWO appetite.

Would you continue using SE or recommend it to others ?

I am continuing to use SE and have recommended it to others.

On a 1 to 10 scale how would SE rate ?

SE rates 9/10, it had all the positives i needed without the negatives i didnt. It might not be possible to make these nutrients taste better but it is the only thing i could think to improve. Where theres a taste theres an opinion.
Great reviews SWG!!!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
IntraXcell One of the best supp's I have used, keeps you lifting as long as your mind will allow. It brought out veins that I didnt know I had and it helped lean me out. My strength did not increase a lot because that was not the goal, instead it was to help retain a lot of my gains from the last bulk. If your a athlete then this product is a must, the endurance gains are endless, especially if you stack it with,
Steel Edge one of the best pre workout cocktails you can buy. It increases all of the benefits of IntraXcell and decease's the amount of time you need to recover! Two really great products at really great prices! :thumbsup:
:squat:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
[size=+2]IntraXCell Final Review[/size]

First off I just want to thank everybody associated with AEN, that being the reps and Sebastian himself. They were all very helpful during these past 30 days and were an intricate part to this log. It should be known that this was my first time using a Beta-Alanine product aside from a couple random samples here and there. These are my own thoughts and are based on my performance over the past 30 days and also how the product performed. To learn more about IntraXCell, you should go here.

[size=+2]STRENGTH[/size]

I must say that strength was something that I commented on quite frequently during this log. Substantial gains in strength could be felt from the second week until the end of my 30 day cycle and many PR's were broken each and every workout. Most notably, my squat went from 225lbs for 8 reps to 245lbs for 8 reps. 225lbs was a plateau for me at this rep range and judging by the 20 pound increase in only a month, I feel that IntraXCell can be seen as a major contributer for this. Close grip bench press went from 135lbs to 155lbs at the same rep range! I began leg pressing 500lbs for 8 reps for the first time, a 50lbs increase from my previous PR! Judging from these solid gains in excercises where I was stalled at the most, strength has definitly gone up very quickly in only 30 days on this product. Numbers only tell half the story, I am using the same weight and rep range for some excercises, but this is with better form and sometimes after a superset or dropset. I have been very impressed with the extra strength latly and overall, contributes to this being a very solid product.

OVERALL: 9.5/10

[size=+2]ENDURACE[/size]

Another claim made by AEN is that IntraXCell will increase endurace in athletic activites. Again, I felt these claims were met and far excedeed my expectations. From the first couple of days on, endurance was much better and my workouts improved greatly because of this. I work in a pool for 6 hours a day teaching swimming lessons and by the end of work I can feel pretty drained and tired. For a couple months leading up to my log my endurance was extremly poor and this is why I was interested in this product. Over the last month I was able to add extra sets and reps to different excercises and perform at a high level for the entire workout. I was able to utilize supersets and dropsets much more frequently then I was use to and as seen thoughout the log, I was left with extra energy at the end of my workout. Solid gains in this area.

OVERALL: 9/10

[size=+2]MUSCLE FULLNESS/PUMPS[/size]

It should be known that I was on no NO product while this log was going on, so pumps can quite easily be attributed to this product. Pumps seemed a little hit and miss but for the most part I was quite impressed in this area as well. Pumps were quite intense at times and were evident immidiatly at the start of this log. Muscle fullness was good and this was felt long after my workout. Again solid in this area.

OVERALL: 8/10

[size=+2]OVERALL PRODUCT RATING: 9/10[/size]

CLOSING COMMENTS

Again I just want to thank AEN and also everyone who participated in and followed the log. You guys definitly made it an enjoyable experience and something that I will want to do again soon. It was very hard not to stay motivated and push hard during my workouts with all the great people doing the same and commenting on my progress. So I thank everyone for that and will definitly keep following all of your progress.

IntraXCell is a product I would recommend to anybody who trains hard and is looking for an advantage in the gym. It far exceeded my expectations in many areas and as a supplement in general. I hope to work with AEN again and close this log now hoping that it will shed some light on what a great product this really is. Keep lifting hard!​
Very detailed review Biceps! :hot:

Biceps18

Biceps18

Awards
Glad I could be of some assistance! Hopefully others will see this review and see what type of gains can be made while on this product.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Beejis60 Final Review~

Le Final Review

Alright, well first off, thanks again to Sebastian and anyone else who had a hand in choosing me for this log. Also, a thanks goes out to the people who visited and busted my balls (and Tim for licking my balls :D)! I believe I first said that I would only be logging this in the aspect of pure strength, but I couldn't help but put it to the test in the recovery/endurance aspect as well.

Strength
7.5/10

As for the strength aspect, I hit PRs on almost all lifts and if there was not PR, then there was an increase in reps and/or weights. My first and last weeks were exactly the same workouts and all the numbers went up. During my last week, I started with the same weight as performed on the first week and there was a quite noticable increase in reps. I then went onto "working weights" and carried on as usual.

Endurance/Recovery
9/10

In the endurance/recovery category, I put this to test during the middle two weeks with dropsets of shoulders and arms. There was an increase, more or less, in volume and/or weight performed during these dropsets. I didn't really think it was feasible, nor safe, to perform dropsets of chest, back, and legs. However, in the future, I will attempt something simple maybe dumbbell flyes, lat pulls, and leg extensions for dropsets, but nothing intricate as what I had performed for my shoulders and arms. Long-story-short, I had some kickass dropsets, nuff said!

Overall
8.5/10

It's a kickass product. I would buy it!
:food: :head:

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
I am relatively new to this board, but not a stranger to the boards--mostly men's health, antiaging, etc. One of my former antiaging docs priased the use of beta-alanine carnosine booster. He refered me to research done by Stout (?). He noticed an enhanced leanness and vascularity. The same doc was a big time supporter of creatine as an antiaging supplement. I've used creatine off and on--mostly off for the past few years.

I've run a log on sesathin for Avant Labs. I'm now starting the use of beta-alanine. Does this board have any special forum for such logs? I think it's really great to have the sponsors actively involved in the forums. I am not looking for free supplements, just getting a better sense of what happens here. As with the sesathin, my interest is more related to general health and antiaging than my next contest preparation (ha!). Thanx, Pat

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
I am relatively new to this board, but not a stranger to the boards--mostly men's health, antiaging, etc. One of my former antiaging docs priased the use of beta-alanine carnosine booster. He refered me to research done by Stout (?). He noticed an enhanced leanness and vascularity. The same doc was a big time supporter of creatine as an antiaging supplement. I've used creatine off and on--mostly off for the past few years.

I've run a log on sesathin for Avant Labs. I'm now starting the use of beta-alanine. Does this board have any special forum for such logs? I think it's really great to have the sponsors actively involved in the forums. I am not looking for free supplements, just getting a better sense of what happens here. As with the sesathin, my interest is more related to general health and antiaging than my next contest preparation (ha!). Thanx, Pat
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/

Here you go my friend. :)

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

For some time, I was looking for the ultimate pre-workout supplement after the original VPX Redline RTDs in the metal can went bye-bye. Some worked well, but a lot of them fell into the current trend of sprinkling creatine into everything, which is something I've tried to avoid. Few, if any, ever hit the supercharged level of those old Redlines.

After filtering through several of them, I finally came upon Steel Edge, which had a solid profile and seemed very well-designed. Best of all, it did not have creatine. It struck me as perhaps somewhat pricey, but I don't equate price on a strictly dollars sense. I look for value.

I started it in this Log: War Against The Machines: Controlled Labs Purple Wraath V3 vs. EMISGOD - Bodybuilding.com Forums and noticed immediately some changes from previous pre-workout supplements. The first was that there was not a huge focus on taste. In fact, taste seemed to have been more or less eliminated from the equation as a factor. It's not strong enough that it can be taken on a frequent basis, but very clearly is not making any attempt to get to a soda-pop, either.

The second was that this supplement is geared towards focus, particularly in the gym. Rather than triggering an abundance of undirected energy, this one points right to working out. This is much more evident when the activity is Lifting as opposed to Cardio, but there is a push to get into the gym.

The energy lift is smooth, without either harsh starts or stops. The design of this is such that it can be taken at nights without interfering with sleep, either. It also works well with other elements, such as IntraXCell, also from Athletic Edge (review coming soon) and Controlled Labs Purple Wraath. In fact, one of my comments in the earlier Log, even before this Log, was that Steel Edge and Purple Wraath is the best 1 - 2 pre- and during workout combination there is.

Continued usage has only reinforced those things. This is my current favorite pre-workout supplement, for the reasons mentioned. I should point out, though, that those who are looking for the kind of old Redline overdrive may not really enjoy this, as it is much more subtle than the "on-off" switch type of pre-workout supplements out there. Taking one scoop works perfectly, but going to excess of that can get very quickly distracting, without ever getting to that much vaunted "overdrive" territory...
WOW :D Very detailed review EmisG!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Background:

Review:

It's interesting to look at different supplements that are ostensibly the same, but do not act in a similar manner. Creatine is one of the first that comes to mind, where the function seems to follow the various forms rather specifically in that some work wildly well and others do not appear to do anything more than cost money. So it goes with beta-alanine.

I've tried a number of different things with this in it, MAN Body Octane (reviewed here), Controlled Labs Purple Wraath (reviewed here), some of it specifically beta-alanine and nothing else, 8Ball Nutrition's Black Betas (in a BodyBLOG post, I think) and some of them have helped to varying degrees and some of them have been entirely ineffectual.

The thing foremost I have observed and really found out during the aforelinked Log is that the brand makes a huge difference. Back when I was pounding the Black Betas, I never once got a tingle, ever, yet all it would take is 1 scoop of Purple Wraath and it would be off to the races. MAN Body Octane sometimes would and sometimes would not. IntraXCell, until I got conditioned to it, would tingle incessantly, particularly as I was following that with the Purple Wraath.

Once I hit the saturation/loading point, I finally experienced everything I'd read about beta-alanine. Workouts were a lot easier in terms of fatigue during the workout and especially in terms of endurance. Recovery between exercises (though not necessarily between sets) was pronounced and it seemed difficult to really feel as if I had exhausted the respective muscle groups. My nerves eventually re-tuned to the point where I could again "feel" whether something was worked well enough or not, but for a while, it was a really odd sensation to watch muscles not be able to complete reps, rather than feeling it coming on before that. Workouts went much faster and performance did not seem to slide much at all during Lifting workouts, even when I cut rest down to almost nothing. Performance was actively enhanced on Cardio workouts.

Verdict:

As I said, I started the Log as a skeptic, but became a believer halfway through and bought enough to last me into next year sometime, which is a more powerful statement of my thoughts on this than any glowing terms I can type here.
Thanks for the detailed review :clap2:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Final Review

First off I want to thank the guys at Athletic Edge Nutrition for giving me the chance to test out these two supplements. I was very pleased with the effectiveness of both of the supplements and I hope that the readers of this forum were able to get an unbiased idea of what to expect from these supps.

TASTE: N/A (capsules)

3 caps per serving. Getting these down isn't an issue at all.

MIXABILITY: N/A

Once again these are in easy to swallow capsule form.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9 out of 10

I can definitely say that after around 10-14 days in I started to notice increases in strength and stamina. It was most noticeable when trying to sqeeze out them last couple reps.

I set a few PR's during this log that made me happy.

PRICE: N/A

Sponsored log.

OVERALL: 9 out of 10

The tingling began to subside after a couple weeks. I did notice all the way up until the last serving that I would still get the random tingles but they seemed to come in much later. More like 45-60 minutes after my serving compared to 10-15 minutes in like at the beginning. Either way the tingling is very minor and didn't seem to cause any benefits or drawbacks in my lifts. It may be good for a psychological boost however.

One thing I really like about beta-alanine is the ability to take it with or without food. This made my preworkout routine that much easier having the ability to take down a meal/shake anywhere up to the point of lifting.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the results of the beta-alanine. I seemed to notice best results in the gym when taking my serving of IXL 30-45 minutes before hitting the weights. It also seemed more effective the more water I drank with it.

I would recommend this supplement in addition to creatine as this stack together seems to have a very positive effect on strength.
Final Review

TASTE: 7 out of 10

The flavor is "delicious citrus" and to me it sort of tastes like orange tang. It's not the greatest tasting supplement but it's not bad at all. It doesn't have a sweet taste which I like but it's not bitter or sour.

MIXABILITY: 8 out of 10

It seemed to mix fairly well in a shaker cup but it did foam a little but more importantly it left some chunks settling at the bottom. It will disolve 99% of the way if you shake it up and leave it for a few minutes to settle and shake it up real well again.

EFFECTIVENESS: 10 out of 10

Effectiveness is where Steel Edge shines and to me this is one of the most important categories. Steel Edge gave me great focus and preworkout energy. I'm not overally sensitive to caffeine but I do notice some energy supps. can leave you with a crashed feeling but this stuff seems to give you a good flow of energy without leaving you feeling crashed after your workout.

PRICE: N/A

Sponsored log, but from BB.com it looks to come to a little less the $2 per serving.

OVERALL: 9.5 out of 10

This is a very effective supplement and even more effective when combined with IXL and/or creatine. Taste and mixiability aren't the best in the world but those are minor details compared to price and effectiveness. Since I didn't pay it's hard for me to comment on the price but I can say without a doubt it is an effective preworkout supplement.
Great reviews 1quick1 :cool:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

So what can I say about this product... It's awesome! I have been cutting all month (well except for my cheat days), and I am sure that IntraXCell has helped to maintain my strength throughout the weeks. I didn't really notice a strength INCREASE, but I was expecting a strength DECREASE, but that didn't happen, so that's amazing!

The pumps were spectacular! I was able to contract my muscles every time exactly the way I wanted. This to me is the most important part about any workout. I wouldn't care if I didn't lift a lot, but if I the contraction was great, then I would be COMPLETELY SATISFIED.
:bb3: :bb: :food:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

[size=+2]FINAL REVIEW Part One[/size]

• [size=+1]Boosts Explosive Muscular Strength & Power Output.[/size]
    It definitely worked for squats. There's definitely a part of me that wants to say it didn't work for my bench and deadlift... But I must honestly say that I don't really like to bench and deadlift that much. The combination of liking an exercise and performing it will increase the poundage on that lift. I really like squats so it went up. Did IXL help with it? I believe it did. But because I did not like to perform bench and deads, they did not go up. I didn't expect deads to go up at all or much because I performed them maybe once every 3 weeks :p I just listed it because lots of people wonder about the big 3. I continued to bench every week though, but it never really went up. I will talk more about my bench in the other topics though.

• [size=+1]Increase Muscle Mass. [/size]
    I put on a good 3-4 pounds and look a bit leaner. I'll have pics and other stats up tomorrow probably. I'm a recomper fo' lyfe. And though my bench press did not increase, it also did not decrease. And my chest is looking better than before! I don't really understand this phenomenom, but I ain't complaining :p

• [size=+1]Increase Anaerobic Muscular Endurance.[/size]
    Hm... not quite sure about this... I'll have to say N/A for now.

• [size=+1]Increase Aerobic Endurance. [/size]
    I have pretty long sessions... (1.5-2 hours) and y'know what, I do feel like I was able to work out longer and do more sets. You'd find me doing 4-7 sets on many exercises... Even heavy squatting!

• [size=+1]Delay Muscular Fatigue - Train Harder & Longer [/size]
    Yes. It does do that. For sure. No doubt about it. Could train chest longer. Could train back longer. Could train legs longer. Could train shoulders and arms longer.

• [size=+1]Increase Muscle Fullness and Vascularity [/size]
    I was taking citrulline malate and arginine as well (CM separate and arginine was in my creatine), and vascularity and muscle fullness have never been a problem for me. So I can't say if it did or did not do it's job here. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt cuz there were just some days I felt especially hyuuuuge lol

• [size=+1]No Bloating or Water-Retention [/size]
    Definitely. None whatsoever.
GREAT review EE3!!!

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

[size=+2]FINAL REVIEW Part Two[/size]

[size=+3]Final Stats[/size]
[size=+2]
Name: Timothy --- IXL + SE does not make your name change!
Height: 5'8" --- IXL + SE does not make you grow taller :D
Weight: ~157 lbs --- ~160 lbs
[/size]

[size=+3]Lifts:[/size]
[size=+2]
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 80 lb'ers x 7 reps --- Did not increase
Squats: 315 lbs x 10 reps --- 315 lbs x 15 reps/ 335 lbs x 10 reps
Deadlifts: 275 x 8 reps --- Did not increase
[/size]

[size=+3]Measurements:[/size]
[size=+2]
Chest: 39.5 in. --- 40 in.
Shoulders: 46 in. --- 46.25 in.
Waist: 29.5 in. --- 29.75 in.
Neck: 14.5 in. --- 14.5 in.
Thighs: Both 22 in. --- L - 22.125 in., R - 22.25 in.
Arms: Both 12.75 in. --- Both 13 in. FO Shawty!
Forearms: Both 11 in. --- Both 11.375 in.
Calves: L/R - 14/15 in. --- Same
[/size]
Thanks buddy :)

We appreciate the review, and glad you had success.

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

[size=+2]FINAL REVIEW Part Three (STEELEDGE)

SteelEdge is scientifically formulated to target, support and optimize:[/size]

• [size=+1]Exercise Intensity, Energy & Endurance.[/size]
    It suuuuure did! Worked out harder and longer.

• [size=+1]Strength, Lean Muscle & Protein Synthesis.[/size]
    Definitely put on some solid poundage. Looking a lot bigger without getting fatter :p ~3 pounds heavier!

• [size=+1]Focus, Concentration and Drive. [/size]
    You have no idea. The mind-muscle connection was TOTALLY on. I would like to try this stuff for studying too!

• [size=+1]Recovery, Electrolyte Balance and Anti-Oxidant Levels. [/size]
    Not sure about this stuff. Recovery during sets was pretty good, but boy howdy was I sore the next couple days! And if electrolyte balance means I have energy, then I certainly did. And dunno about anti-oxident levels.

• [size=+1]Better RESULTS. [/size]
    Results were definitely good. I'll probably stack SE + IXL in the near future :D
Thanks again Tim :cool:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge Sample Review

Ingredients: 9/10
Steel Edge has a great preworkout formula IMO. It is loaded with stimulants, BCAA's, electrolytes, and some other goodies. Definitely a well rounded preworkout booster.

What's in it?
Serving Size 1 Scoop(23g)
Servings Per Container 20

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 82
Total Carbohydrate 13g 5%
Sugars 0g **
Vitamin A(as Beta Carotene) 3333IU 33%
Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 200mg 333%
Niacin(as Niacinamide) 25mg 125%
Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%
Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin) 150mcg 2,500%
Calcium(as Calcium Citrate) 15mg 2%
Phosphorus(as Sodium Phosphate) 62mg 6%
Magnesium(as Magnesium Malate) 5mg 1%
Sodium(as Sodium Phosphate) 85mg 4%
Potassium(as Potassium Citrate) 42mg 1%

Intensity/Energy Blend 3515mg **
(Tyrosine, Taurine, Pyridoxone HCL, Magnesium Malate, Cyanocobalamin)

Strength/Endurance Blend 2700mg **
(L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, TMG [Trimethylglycine], Caffeine Anhydrous [200mg])

Focus/MentalEdge Blend 1638mg **
(Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-GPC [Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine])

Recovery/Electrolyte Blend 1254mg **
(L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, Green Tea [90% Catechins, 60% EGCG], Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Citrate)

Effects: 9/10
I had a great workout on Steel Edge. Energy was off the charts. It was as strong stimulant wise, if not stronger, than any other preworkout powder other than R4W 6.0 (very close, though). Focus was great as well, as I felt "in the zone," so to speak, during my entire workout. The only thing is is that I crashed pretty good about an hour post-workout. Pumps were great throughout my workout, and endurance felt high for the first time since I've been sick.

Taste: 9/10
I believe citrus is the only flavor SE comes in. The taste was great. It really tasted like citrus, and there was no chemical taste or after taste at all. Definitely something I could look forward to drinking everyday.

Cost: 7/10
It is listed at $38.99 in the bb.com superstore. That's pretty much as low as I could find it for on the net. It's almost $2 per day. Not too bad, considering that's pretty much what most preworkout products cost. Also, since it's only used on workout days, it would last for over a month for mostly everyone. I couldn't see someone needing more than one scoop per day, either.

Overall: 8.5/10
Overall, I am very impressed with the formula and effects of Steel Edge. I will definitely be trying a full tub of this out in the future. Actually, I almost ordered it a few months ago, but I decided not to. The sample was more than enough reason to try it. The formula is very impressive, and the effects were quite pronounced. A big thanks goes out to AEN for the sample of Steel Edge. You guys are a great company in my books, and continue to impress me with unique/cutting edge formulas. I look forward to trying out more of your products in the future, in particular the bottle of IntrAbolic that I have sitting on my counter!

ncangey0513's SteelEdge review!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
[size=+5]JHICKS3301 REVIEWS INTRABOLIC BY AEN![/SIZE]​

First off I want to say thank you to AEN for putting on the contest for a chance to win some IntrAbolic! So I tested it out and thought I would do a review on it.

[size=+3]Taste: 07/10[/size]
Taste wasn't great but wasn't bad... it will vary of course how much water you add. Mine was usually about 24oz of water. I would also add more water throughout my workout cause I drink like a mad man during my training session

[size=+3]Mixing: 09/10[/size]
Mixed right up after it set for about 30 sec. Mixing wasn't an issue at all

[size=+3]Profile: 10/10[/size]
Very impressed with the profile of this supplement.. Everything from the Beta Alanine to the Leucine :D Two of my fav supplements :p

[size=+3]Overall: 8.5/10[/size]
I was comparing this to other Intra workout supplements and I would put this in my top 3. I had great stamina throughout my workout and lifts were steady. I would for sure recommend this product to anyone looking for a great intra workout supplementation.

Sorry for the short and sweet review but hey :D
Jhicks review :thumbsup:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
IntrAbolic Taste and Initial Review

Pre Review

First off Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It's been awhile since I have posted a review in this forum so hopefully this is up to par with some of my older reviews. For the past 4 months I have not step foot in a gym. Its been a hectic few months moving back to the US and going school while keeping a full time job. Anyhow im now back in the gym and if im going to get back in great condition im going to need some solid supplements. I decided I would try Athletic Edge Nutrition's "new" supplement IntrAbolic. AEN has been great to me in the past and their supplements are the real deal. Well now that Im back from thanksgiving weekend I was able to crack in to my bottle of IntrAbolic; enjoy!

The Review

Package: IntrAbolic just like other AEN products comes in a strong plastic container with a very attractive label. For being a smaller company AEN does a great job of selling a professional product that appeals to customers.
10/10

Smell: When I first opened the container I could smell the strong apple scent. The scent is not very sweet like a jolly rancher but it does smell appealing. The great thing about the smell of this powder was that it never changed and never faded, the product smelled the same from the bottle as it did mixed in water. Some supplement have odd smells until their mixed in water which makes it hard to put down as you expect the taste to be horrible. Compared to Syntrax Apple Ecstasy IntrAbolic is a step ahead.
9/10

Mixability: As instructed I mixed 1 scoop of IntrAbolic with 9 oz of cold water. I used a HiHealth shaker bottle and slowly shook the bottle for about 10 seconds. After this I let IntrAbolic sit for 5 minutes. When looking at the bottle there were no clumps or odd particles floating around just a semi neon green liquid. Very impressed as some of the ingredients in IntrAbolic scream "this is not going to mix" . IntrAbolic did foam a bit but nothing that made a huge difference in taste. The pict I took was right after I mixed IntrAbolic, the foam did settle after 5 minutes. IntrAbolic does mix in to a nice semi neon green color which is attractive yet "real". Some supplements mix in to florescent colors that could light your house; attractive but good for your body?
10/10

Taste: Perfect! AEN has hit a home run in the taste department again. Fresh Green Apple is the flavor of IntAbolic and although it is lacking the sweetness and tartness of Fresh Apple, AEN still managed to pull off a great taste. The apple flavor is very strong when mixed in 9 oz of water and is very thick, I would compare it to drinking a glass of milk. The taste is very artificial but resembles the taste and smell of apple very closely. Its very impressive that AEN can make such a great tasting product without using pounds of sugar. This fact alone shows the dedication and time that is put into creating the perfect supplement. I would compare the taste of this product to Syntrax's Apple Ecstasy without the sweetness. Another great thing about IntrAbolic is that the taste never gets old, IntrAbolic tastes great from start to finish!!
9/10

Final: This is just a little taste review from what I have tried so far. I am going to be doing a full log on IntrAbolic which should be up by the morning. So far so good and props to AEN.
9/10

Solid review!!!! Thanks!!! :cool:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

What's In It?

1.1 Lbs. Fresh Green Apple
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(24g)
Servings Per Container20

Amount Per Serving % DV*

Calories 50
Total Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g **
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Protein 7g 14%
Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 60mg 100%
Vitamin E(as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) 30IU 100%
Calcium(as Calcium Citrate) 90mg 9%
Phosphorus(as Sodium Phosphate) 110mg 11%
Magnesium(as Magnesium Aspartate) 50mg 13%
Chloride(as Sodium Chloride) 40mg 1%
Sodium(as Sodium Phosphate) 100mg 4%
Potassium(as Potassium Citrate) 150mg 4%

Aminobolic Response Blend 8,055mg

L-Leucine [5g], Arginine, L-Valine, L-Lysine HCL, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine

Power/Strength/Endurance Blend 3,740mg

Beta-Alanine [3.2g], Potassium, Phosphorus, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride

Stimulate The Anabolic Response During Exercise And Increase Strength & Endurance!
What is the point of investing your hard earned money on supplements that claim to be the latest and greatest phenomenon when they are not going to help you during your workouts?

Bodybuilding is about body - building. During workouts, muscles are torn down and fatigue can be a tremendous challenge. By providing your muscles with effective nutrients during your workout, you will boost the anabolic response, fight the catabolic effects of exercise and delay muscular fatigue, ultimately leading to new muscle gains!

Continuing to evolve with the latest advancements in Nutrient Timing Science, we bring you IntrAbolic:
Intra (During) + Anabolic (Muscle building) = IntrAbolic, The Pioneer of During-Workout supplementation

IntrAbolic? Highlights:
Stimulate Muscle Growth
Fight Muscle Breakdown
Boost Explosive Muscular Strength & Increase Endurance
Increase Muscle Fullness and Vascularity
IntrAbolic-Peptides? provide rapidly absorbed, low-molecular weight di- and tripeptides
Blends easily with spoon or in water bottle
What makes IntrAbolic so unique and effective?
Custom Whey Protein Hydrolysate = IntrAbolic-Peptides?

IntrAbolic works by utilizing a unique whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) found exclusively in IntrAbolic. Our custom WPH has undergone a high degree of hydrolysis (over 30%) which supplies primarily low-molecular weight, di-and tripeptides we refer to as IntrAbolic-Peptides?. Unlike standard intact proteins and long chain peptides, IntrAbolic-Peptides? do not have to undergo the typical slow digestive process. Their unique properties also allow them to utilize a highly efficient transport system, specific to di-and tripeptides. Unlike regular amino acids derived from intact proteins which are slow to enter the bloodstream, IntrAbolic-Peptides are rapidly absorbed, causing a tremendous spike in extracellular amino acids. Research has shown, it is extracellular amino acid concentrations that stimulate and signal our bodies to increase protein synthesis and maximize the anabolic response. Concurrently, this large amino acid spike causes an insulin increase to fight muscle breakdown which occurs during training. Rapid and efficient absorption also makes these peptides ideal for use during your workout as they will not cause bloating or stomach discomfort like other intact proteins.

Free-form amino acids

Another highly efficient and rapid way to get amino acids into the blood (second only to WPH) is through ingestion of free-form amino acids (ffAA's). Intensive nutrient timing research studies show ffAA's (due to their quick absorption) can cause a big spike in blood plasma amino acid concentrations and when timed properly with exercise, may illicit a much greater anabolic response from exercise than intact proteins can. Combining WPH with ffAA's creates a powerful one-two punch in boosting anabolism and fighting catabolism. The beauty of combining di-and tripeptides from WHP with ffAA's is both use different intestinal transporters to carry them into the blood, maximizing absorption speed with very little redundancy. Current research shows that di- and tripeptides may actually enhance the ffAA's transporters, further increasing the rate of absorption.

Leucine

This powerhouse amino acid has been shown in research to both directly stimulate protein synthesis and indirectly by increasing the hormone insulin, which is both anabolic and anti-catabolic. Simply put, this is one of the most effective amino acids you can take intra-workout and further enhances the anabolic response when other essential amino acids are present.

Beta-Alanine, Carnosine Booster

Touted as the biggest scientific breakthrough since creatine, the amino acid beta-alanine has exploded into the sports nutrition industry, as more people find out just how effective this supplement really is. This worldwide explosion can largely be credited to the enormous popularity of our formula, IntraXCell, The World's First dedicated carnosine booster. When taken at a minimum dose of 3.2g per day, its cumulative effects when taken daily for 1-2 weeks, can impact your workout performance greatly.

Much of beta-alanine's effects are realized by boosting the synthesis of a intracellular (inside the cell) buffer called carnosine. Carnosine is a dipeptide, composed of the amino acids, beta-alanine and histidine and has the ability to stabilize muscular pH by soaking up fatigue causing hydrogen ions(H+).

It has been dosed perfectly to stack with IntraXCell to maximize the speed of carnosine synthesis and bring about big gains in strength, muscle and endurance.. fast!

Electrolytes/minerals

The importance of replacing the electrolytes: sodium, potassium and chloride should not be overlooked since, during exercise, we are losing electrolytes at an accelerated rate. Just as important, is their ability to assist in the absorption of fluid and carbohydrate uptake in the gut. The minerals calcium and magnesium are included as they are needed for muscular contraction and muscular growth. When magnesium levels are low during exercise, research has shown fatigue increases.

Once again AEN has managed to deliver a phenomenal workout supplement and truly impress me. I notice alot of positive results using this product even from the very first serving. Intesity was up, energy was up, focus was up, and most of all I hit many new PR's:).

Value/Cost 8/10

Bulk Free Form amino acids are not cheap, on top of that they taste horrible. This product provides flavoring (which I will get to later), a blend of Electrolytes and minerals, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate (and much more) All important Pre, durring, and post workout. At one scoop per workout you will 20 servings. That workouts out to 4-5 weeks use, which is pretty good. Not a bad price at all for what it contains.

Effectiveness/Results 9/10

The effects of recovery, endurance and intensity were definetly felt from the very first serving. I was able to workout longer and I super setted every excercise and I still left the gym with energy and not feeling famished and ready for a nap like I use to. I had constant energy through out the workout. The intensity was improved due to quicker recovery in between sets.

Taste 8/10
Fresh Green Apple. It was pretty refeshing when you drink it durring your workout but nothing extraordinary.

Overall 9.5/10

This is a product that any athlete could benefit from. I really feel that this products help you work harder in long distance runs, sprints or weights with heavy low rep Schemes to 50rep squats.

As I said before I was able to increase my workout intensity by recovering much faster after my set. Knowing that, IA would also be a huge benefit durring a cut or bulk.

Also I should note that I stacked it with IntraXcell. These two supplements compliment each other hand in hand. Both contain 3.2g of beta-alanine (when you stack the two your IXL lasts longer:)).

I really have nothing but good things to say about that stack, Try it out for yourself and im sure you wont be dissapointed.
Thanks Saku :D

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
IntraXCell Review~

I know the label says to continue taking it for more than the 30 day period each bottles provides.. I only bought 1 bottle, but let me just say that this product has enhanced every aspect of my workout and I will definitley repeat.

Right from the very first 'serving', the tingly sensation I had heard so much about was there... but what else was there? Increased endurance, fibre-tearing reps, exceeded my previous personal best weight on tricep/bicep exercises, and my focus was enhanced as well... (placebo?)

I can honestly say that this product exceeded my expectations, and would reccomend it to anyone who has hit a plateau
thanks for the review! :)

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Final Review for Athletic Edge Nutrition's IntraStack

Before Measurements
Right Bicep: 17.68 in.
Left Bicep: 17.70 in.
Right Forearm: 13.60 in.
Left Forearm: 13.55 in.
Waist: 32.20 in.
Chest: 45.10 in.
Right Quad: 25.00 in.
Left Quad: 24.95 in.
Right Calf: 19.78 in.
Left Calf: 19.76 in.

After Measurements
Right Bicep: 17.69 in. +(0.01 in.)
Left Bicep: 17.71 in. +(0.01 in.)
Right Forearm: 13.63 in. +(0.03 in.)
Left Forearm: 13.57 in. +(0.02 in.)
Waist: 33.26 in. +(1.06 in.)
Chest: 45.40 in. +(0.30 in.)
Right Quad: 26.20 in. +(1.20 in.)
Left Quad: 26.13 in. +(1.18 in.)
Right Calf: 20.78 in. +(1.00 in.)
Left Calf: 20.76 in. +(1.00 in.)

First I'd like to thank AEN for choosing me out of the several qualified testers, that was an honor in itself. Secondly an apology on my part for having posted this 4 days late :( Now shall I give my opinions of the Stack. To be honest it wasn't the greatest stack, but I experienced some decent gains while on it more in strength than in size. I must say that IntraXcell is an award winning product, I loved it. IntrAbolic on the other hand I wasn't so crazy about, more for the taste BUT basing a product on taste is no way to judge a product, and I must admit I had a bit more endurance during my workouts while sipping on that stuff :) All in all this log was a pleasure it went quick and I was right down to business just how I like to handle my logs. I definitely recommended this stack to a few of my friends at college and hopefully they chose to give it a try. Below is a final rating for the Stack as a whole.

Strength Gains
8.36/10

Energy/Focus
6.89/10

Stamina/Recovery
7.59/10

Vascularity
7.63/10

Final Rating
7.62/10
lilrambo's review!:cheers:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

FINAL REVIEW

Alright, well first off, thanks again to Sebastian and anyone else who had a hand in choosing me for this log. Also, a thanks goes out to the people who visited and busted my balls and Farang for licking my balls :D

Taste
7.5/10

It was weird at first, but I found it tasted best at 22oz of ice-cold water. And, like expected, the taste grew on me, especially the past few days when it's just weird not drinking it anymore....Anyway, I've definitely tasted MUCH worse and I'll give them a high-five on this taste, especially when it comes to the ingredients!!

Strength
N/A

As for the strength aspect, I didn't gain too much, but I wasn't attempting strength gains, therefore I will not count or score this category. Also, I haven't been gaining too much the past month or two anyway. The only thing I really had increases in was my incline bench, pulldowns, and a tiny bit on curls.

Endurance/Recovery
10/10

Just sick!! With drops in rest time, I could still crank out my weights and then some! I really find my lifting to be quite cardiovascular and sometimes I found myself sweating like a whore at sunday mass but barely breathing hard. Dropsets and supersets were no problem either; it was more the "pain" that made me stop my dropsets and supersets rather than me tiring. And you all saw some of these "crazy" dropsets I've done; I think once or twice for shoulders I did a 3 dropset exercise followed by another 3 dropset exercise :cool: Lastly is the cardio factor; as most of you know, I did about 50 minutes PWO cardio almost everyday in this log. I felt great and energetic during most cardio, despite my somewhat tunnel vision-entained hypoglycemic states.

Growth
10/10

This was the most surprising. Okay, first of all, I need to state that I never expect much from anything I supp with as it seems nothing benefits me or I just can't tell the slight differences in my body. During this rather short log, my bodyfat has visible decreased and, either my musclez got larger or they just appear large from the decrease in bodyfat. My shoulders are definitely wider, my traps seem taller, my outer quad sweep is "farther out", and my arms actually gained a 0.25 inch in the past six weeks (four from this log) or so :eek: Truly sick!!

Opinion of cost
~9.5/10

I've found this for $28.75 ($1.44 a serving) plus shipping and so with that cost along with all the other stuff I mentioned, it's the money shot!! The only thing is that I use a tub of this in about 26 days (with rest days) which would get a hair expensive, IMO. I guess that's the only reason why this isn't a 10....

Overall
9.9/10

It's a kickass product and will be using it again soon!! I think that this stuff can get a brotha hooked which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but being a broke, fugitive college student, I'd need to pace myself on this before resorting to selling myself for it.

Super thanks to all, once again!!!
great review man! :cool:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Final Review
The more literature I read, the more I am realizing that there is truly a growing amount of research in this arena supporting the synergy of ingredients in Intrabolic, namely, the combination of WPH with ffEAA. The performance benefits of beta alanine are already well documented and even moreso with each passing month. I certainly agree with Sebastian's claim that it is the pioneer of intraworkout supplements. The formula is top notch, properly dosed, and simply effective. In using the product I was able to reverse my strength declines even while isocaloric due to training for a half-Ironman. This was the greatest benefit I was able to isolate from Intrabolic. I was able to continue making progress in the gym even as i lost weight. Also, I can say that Intrabolic seemed to help me recover faster, not necessarily between workouts, but between sets on the same day. I could go into my 2nd and 3rd sets on the same exercise feeling just as fresh as I did on the first set. The only drawback, which i noted earlier, is that during very high intensity training, individuals with sensitive stomachs may experience some discomfort from an intraworkout beverage. Adding a small amount of carbs and eating a small meal immediately prior helped with this, but there were some days when finishing it was a challenge for me, not because of the taste (which is quite good considering the ingredients), but on occasions I simply found it difficult to stomach when training at a very high intensity level. I use very few supplements anymore as I grow increasingly cynical, but Intrabolic is definitely something I will purchase and recommend, especially now that I will be getting back into some more conventional training. Oh, and for those that are concerned, the pumps and vascularity are there as well, although I can't say for certain if it was moreso than usual.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

1 Lb. Delicious Citrus
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(23g)
Servings Per Container20
Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 82
Total Carbohydrate 13g 5%
Sugars 0g **
Vitamin A(as Beta Carotene) 3333IU 33%
Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 200mg 333%
Niacin(as Niacinamide) 25mg 125%
Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%
Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin) 150mcg 2,500%
Calcium(as Calcium Citrate) 15mg 2%
Phosphorus(as Sodium Phosphate) 62mg 6%
Magnesium(as Magnesium Malate) 5mg 1%
Sodium(as Sodium Phosphate) 85mg 4%
Potassium(as Potassium Citrate) 42mg 1%
Intensity/Energy Blend 3515mg **
(Tyrosine, Taurine, Pyridoxone HCL, Magnesium Malate, Cyanocobalamin)
Strength/Endurance Blend 2700mg **
(L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, TMG [Trimethylglycine], Caffeine Anhydrous [200mg])
Focus/MentalEdge Blend 1638mg **
(Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-GPC [Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine])
Recovery/Electrolyte Blend 1254mg **
(L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, Green Tea [90% Catechins, 60% EGCG], Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Citrate)
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients
Maltodextrin, Rice Oligodextrin, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose

Purpose - I would like to thank AEN for the sending a few samples of Steel Edge when they sent the goods for my IntraStack log

Delicious Citrus flavor

Usage - took about 25 minutes on an empty stomach before training in 14 ounces of cold water (both times)

Taste - 8.5 out of 10. The taste was pretty good and stands up to other citrus flavored supplements. It isn't a plan orange taste but maybe a little lemon-lime action.

Increase Intensity - 8.5 out of 10. Great PreWO supplement and rivals the best in the business in my opinion, doesn't seem to get the move on the boards that it deserves but that may be due to pricing

Increase Endurance - 9 out of 10. This along with the Intrastack was a stack made in heaven. I would say this is where the product shines

Increase Vascularity/Pump - 8.5 out of 10. I have used a ton of NO type products and this stands up to the bulk of them. Solid formula and great results

Overall - 8.5 out of 10. This is a great product and AEN deserves more reviews from the forum on this product. I thought this is a good buy if money isn't an object and I believe that is the reason more people of the forum aren't purchasing. The demographic is younger on these boards so price is a big attribute. Great company and on its way up in the industry. They also have great reps and owner that is willing to help whenever possible. Thanks again AEN
:djparty:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

[size=+2]KSUJOSH6's Final Review of AEN's IntraStack[/size]

Here is the list to the log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=101283301#post101283301

Well I was on this journey for about 40 days and Here are my results....added 5 pounds with no considerable body fat gain and also increased every core lift from 5 - 30 pounds (deadlifts)

Strength - 9 out of 10. Great results and after the IntraXcell kicked in this attribute seemed to get a lot better. Like I noted above, my core lifts (bench, deads, squats (before hurting my knee), rows, curls, and skullcrushers.

Endurance - 10 out of 10. This is the first time I have ever used a strictly BA product and this is where it shined. My workouts became such a breeze I had to change them up to give me more of a challenge.

Focus - 8 out of 10. Though I was focused at the gym, I am usually in the zone with my Ipod. This helped some but I also take caffeine and PreWO supplements that help in this area. I won't deny it helped though.

Vascularity - 8.5 out of 10. Again I use a PreWO supplement and already get great pumps and vascularity but this product seemed to make them last a ton longer. Even on off days I seemed to be pumped. During the log I even received several comments from lifters about this attribute.

Recovery - 10 out of 10. IntraXcell and IntrAbolic both shined in this department and helped me recover from my huge workouts. I kept my bulking diet tight and kept feeding my muscles and these products did the rest. I am very pleased in this department.

[size=+2]Final Results - 9 out of 10. This is a must buy for anyone considering these types of products. I loved doing this log and I want to thank AEN for all the help along the way and everyone that followed the log[/size]

If you have any questions shoot me a PM or post it up here
:afro:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot guys!!

Final Thoughts-

Intrabolic-

Taste- 4 stars. I acutally really like the taste of it even though it didn't really favor green apple all that much. For me the taste is hard to describe.

Mixibility- 4 stars. Mixed very very well. I put a scoop in my nutraplanet shaker:thumbsup: threw it in the fridge. When I was ready for it, it was nice and cold and just needed a little shake.

Endurance-5 stars I was acutally shocked it how well I felt during my workouts and cardio while on this product. Granted I had extra BA with the intracell but just like with SizeOn I could tell a big dfference when I worked out with it and when I didn't. I felt like I could just train all damn day.

Strength- 5 stars, I think my numbers speak for themselves. They aren't the best in the world compared to some guys but great nonetheless. 3 PR's with the 3 big lifts speaks for itself.

Intracell was great!! I just love Beta-Alanine and these 2 products are unreal esp combined. The only neg thing I could say about Intrabolic is the serving. 20 servings. Personally if u guys ever make the servings like Purple Wraath with Purple Wraaths price I would buy it once every 2 months. Anyway with said when I get the extra cash I will buy some more and I will be pimping the **** out it.

Intracell, great price 4g of BA u can't beat that. I will buy this as well.

A million thanks to the boys at AEN for allowing to log these 2 products. They have got me back into great shape. If I had another month of them I would be back to where I was in high except now with some soild LBM.

Thanks again guys!
great review! :head:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
[size=+3]Final Review[/size]

Gains

[size=-2]Weight: 2-3 lbs
Size: Same + some definition
Strength: shoulder press is major gains along with chest db incline press. Helped by BA I believe.[/size]

Taste:
[size=-2]First reaction was OK, mild after taste. Got used to it and it became routine. However by the end I was a little sick of it. If offered in a different flavor it could offer a way to cycle it for longer without tiring out on the taste.

Although yes, taste should not be a reason to use or not use a product.[/size]

Would I buy Yes, I like the idea of the intraworkout supplementation and feel the product has a lot of great benefits. BA is becoming a staple as well.

What would I change Well I do not formulate products but I would enjoy if it had a few more g's of protein...

Overall 8/10 (do not know how I arrived at that number) Obviously its not a huge mass gains type product so I am not sure how to rate it. The only thing I can think of similar that Ive tried is 8 beta anabol. This beats it out.​
:bb3:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

FINAL REVIEW

Approximately 2 ~ 3 weeks prior to this IntrAStack log, I started to train weights again. It was hard coming back from injury. There was no sweat, no kick, no muscle "feel" & lack of motivation to go to gym. I have to drag myself to lift iron. Each step & each rep felt so discouraging. I swear I wanted to give up lifting iron all together.

With the baby coming, I want to set examples to him. I can?t be a couch potatoes flipping through TV channels all the time. He?s going to learn that a fit body is priceless in any given day. And most of importantly, I cannot pass out in front of my kid whilst chasing him around.

The injury delivered several blows to my cardio & muscle building mechanism. These are the ones I could think of. A 50 ~ 60% strength loss, fat gain, appetite loss, stamina loss, just to name a few.

In comes the anabolic nurses (see picture above), I was told they stimulate muscle growth, fight muscle breakdown, build stamina by reducing H+, enhances gym performance, bring mental focus, etc.

Now that?s good thing and I did a log on them. The point of the log is to ease myself into training again, recover stamina, enhance gym training endurance and reduce some bodyfat + bodyweight.

Mental Focus
10/10

It wasn't easy for me to go back to gym. Once I started that SteelEdge and IntrABolic, you almost zoned out. You just want to complete the preplan training of the day. I almost never think of tiredness, yawning except on occasions during the leg days (typically sundays) which is very much due to lack of air circulation in the gym.

From injury to do trisets compounded with 2 bodyparts (6 sets at a go), that really requires a lot of focus and never give up attitude. I rate this combo a 10 for this aspect.

Endurance/Recovery
10/10

This is a major plus point for IntrABolic. Since I do a lot of tri-sets compounded with 2 different bodyparts back-to-back, a lot of endurance is required. I am reducing my rest count to boost my stamina for the majority portion of this log. Without some kind of endurance/ recovery enhancement, I wouldn't have lasted this log. The quick recovery is very much apparent with the lack of lactic acid.

Stamina Building
10/10

Stamina is so much better after merely 1 week of training and cardio. The effect is more pronounced during my cardio & play days. I could see myself covering longer distance, shorter rest time, more laps, more sets of play within a preset timing.

Strength
8/10

Perhaps with muscle endurance & recovery, you almost wanted to test your very next strength level. I didn't measure the strength consistently. It is not the point of this log.

Fat Loss
8/10

I do want to lose some bodyweight and fat. Not a key measure of this log, however. I let the training and eating take its course. So I lost some 5 ~ 6lbs pounds during the log. My shirts & pants are looser most definitely. My glutes don't feel as heavy as before. LMAO!!! HAHAHAAHA!!!! Without a big glutes, I couldn't be the rump shaker no more. LMAO!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Muscle Growth
7/10

A little surprising to me. Not a major point in this log because I was planning to grow some serious mass. But I have some stretch marks most notably on my biceps. It would have been more visible if I am a fair white chicken!

Taste
8/10

I rated it at 8 because it is better than purple draank. I have bad experience with some purple draank due to the need to soak the bottle caps overnight.

This is to remove the purple draank smell left on the cap. Even after I washed the cap, it still have that weird stink smell.

The other thing is this IntrABolic is too sweet for my liking. I have diluted it with at least 1.2lit water every time. I prefer SteelEdge taste.

Overall
9.5/10

Special Thank you to AEN & Crew for giving me positive encouragements during my injury. You guys introduced me to IntrABolic and found a happy user in the end.

:food:

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/athletic-edge/intrabolic-20-serving.html

FAQ's

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/athletic-edge-nutrition/76984-athletic-edge-nutrition.html

Nothing has really changed in the formula, just an improved flavor, so I am not going to review anything else about it right now, except for the taste.

Taste Compared to Old Formula: Wow, what a difference from the original, which I could not drink by itself. To me, this has the taste of a Green Apple where the original was bad for me!!!

I could actually sit on my Deck and enjoy this improved flavor as a refreshing drink!!!

Props to AEN for this improved flavoring because you have a Winner!!!

It's 100 times better than the original flavor!!!

This is for the NEW Re-Flavoured Fresh Green Apple IntrAbolic

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards

I tried Intrabolic for the first time today, and this post is my initial review based mainly on taste. I haven't tried the old version, so can't compare.

Taste:After smelling it I thought that it was going to be a more of a sour green apple taste, but it isn't. It is more flat apple flavor, no sour edge to it. Which can be good or bad depending on your taste. I think AEN's label of "Fresh" Green Apple suits it well. I like it, and could drink it regularly. It'll probably grow on me some more too, as most supps do. --8/10

Mixability:Stirring with a spoon leaves some clumps, but shaking for a few seconds leaves it perfectly smooth, no clumps. Who stirs anyway? -- 9/10

The ingredient profile looks tremendous, and I'll review performance effects after awhile. I did the tingles today, but couldn't tell too much of a difference.

I will bump this thread with updates throughout the use of the bottle with a final review when finished.​
Another review of the re-flavoured Fresh green Apple IntrAbolic