Creatine Nitrate is awesome but need help!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
My workout buddy is getting crippling headaches a couple of sets in and i'm not sure what to tell him. Mesomorph is the only supp he's taking, should he stop using it or is there something that'll help to prevent the headaches?

He loves the pumps but can't finish a workout once the headache starts. Thanks for any responses.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm thats odd because headaches usually occur when there is high blood pressure going on and the Creatine Nitrate should help lower blood pressure, thats what I love about it when taking stims I don't get any high blood pressure symptoms.

If he is getting headaches I don't recommend taking the product anymore, dose he normally use pre-workouts? or any containing 1'3 dime, some peopel don't react to 1'3 dime good. Is he using anything with Mesomorph?

bcruder

Awards
Please remember that migraine headaches are a result of arteries expanding and enhancing the circulation.

Systemic vasodialators quite often cause similar symptoms.

Here is a link to the Medline entry for nitroglycerin: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a601086.html

The workout buddy can try a lower dose but may not be able to use nitrates at all.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
I may be totally off here but what about water intake ?
Sometimes when I take creatine and don't drink enough water I can get a wicked headache.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Hmm thats odd because headaches usually occur when there is high blood pressure going on and the Creatine Nitrate should help lower blood pressure, thats what I love about it when taking stims I don't get any high blood pressure symptoms.

If he is getting headaches I don't recommend taking the product anymore, dose he normally use pre-workouts? or any containing 1'3 dime, some peopel don't react to 1'3 dime good. Is he using anything with Mesomorph?
Headaches are not linked to High blood pressure. There could be something that is triggering migraine headaches. Sound more like a allergic reaction.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Headaches are not linked to High blood pressure. There could be something that is triggering migraine headaches. Sound more like a allergic reaction.
There is a link with headaches and high blood pressure, a common side effect of high blood pressure is headaches. If you look at some studies headaches have been linked for sometime, now not everyone gets headaches, but in a study 1/3rd of people will get headaches when they get high blood pressure, so to say there is no link is just silly.

beni182

beni182

Awards
Magnesium and Vitamin B2/Riboflavin do wonders to eliminate migraines. Just remember to take a higher quality mag like Magnesium citrate or Magnesium gluconate. Also make sure he hasn't drastically reduced his daily intake of caffeine. That will trigger a migraine real quick. Hope that helps.

Here is just one study on mag/migraines

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8792038

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated!

He's only using mesomorph right now but it is his first preworkout besides thermo gum but he never had a bad reaction to that. Since i finish my log today i'll be using Mesomorph starting tomorrow, so we'll see if I have the same reaction.

Please remember that migraine headaches are a result of arteries expanding and enhancing the circulation.

Systemic vasodialators quite often cause similar symptoms.

Here is a link to the Medline entry for nitroglycerin: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a601086.html

The workout buddy can try a lower dose but may not be able to use nitrates at all.
I think this might be the case. He still gets a headache when he tries to workout a day later but not nearly as bad and goes away a lot quicker.

I may be totally off here but what about water intake ?
Sometimes when I take creatine and don't drink enough water I can get a wicked headache.
This was the first thing I mentioned to him. Said he had about 32oz. before going to the gym.

I had had high blood pressure during a spat of really unhealthy eating (a lot of buffalo wings) and I was getting headaches during that time. So not sure there is no link.

There is a link with headaches and high blood pressure, a common side effect of high blood pressure is headaches. If you look at some studies headaches have been linked for sometime, now not everyone gets headaches, but in a study 1/3rd of people will get headaches when they get high blood pressure, so to say there is no link is just silly.
I experienced this first hand. Def got headaches.

Magnesium and Vitamin B2/Riboflavin do wonders to eliminate migraines. Just remember to take a higher quality mag like Magnesium citrate or Magnesium gluconate. Also make sure he hasn't drastically reduced his daily intake of caffeine. That will trigger a migraine real quick. Hope that helps.

Here is just one study on mag/migraines

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8792038
Thanks! He doesn't take anything else with caffeine besides a couple peices of thermo gum a few months back- no coffee, soda,tea, etc...