IGF-2™ Frequently Asked Questions

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Q: When is the best time to take IGF-2?

A: Take first dose on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, 45 minutes before a meal. On non-workout days, take second dose in same fashion. On workout days, take second dose 45 minutes before workout, on an empty stomach. Take third dose on an empty stomach 45 minutes before bed time for maximal effectiveness.

Q: How long will it take me to notice the positive anabolic benefits from IGF-2?

A: You will begin to feel the testosterone and growth hormone increases from IGF-2 about 7-10 days after beginning the product, at which point you will notice measurable increases in strength and size. By the end of the third week, you’ll be feeling the full effects of this amazing product with ever-increasing gains in strength, size and density.

Q: What makes IGF-2 different from other anabolics on the market?

A: Not to be cynical, but this one actually works. We are proud that this product delivers exactly what we claim it to. The specifically titrated ratios of the compounds in IGF-2 trigger enormous increases in growth hormone and testosterone production, while serving a critical anti-catabolic function as well. Users of IGF-2 generally report lean body mass gains of 5-7 lbs. over an 8 week cycle, with even greater gains being reported when stacked with NeoVar, our advanced creatine product.

Q: How does IGF-2 boost testosterone levels, and how does testosterone grow more muscle?

A: The safed musli componet of IGF-2 contains large amounts of spirosta-steroidal saponins (desoxydiosgenin, tigogenin and neotigogenin) which are intermediates to various hormonal pathways in the body. When ingested, desoxydiosgenin from the safed musli is enzymatically converted to 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, a portion of which is converted to testosterone through the testes. The testosterone produced binds to the androgen receptor, which signals the muscles via mRNA to increase protein synthesis, increased nitrogen retention and muscle cell hypertrophy; leading to greater strength, mass, and recovery.

Q: How does the L-Dopa in IGF-2 help with testosterone production and growth hormone secretion?

A: The variety of mucuna pruriens used in IGF-2™ is standardized to 25% L-Dopa, delivering large amounts of this active ingredient per capsule. Two important mechanisms of action of L-Dopa is increased growth hormone (GH) release, and increased testosterone secretion through prolactin inhibition. Prolactin is a hormone that regulates testosterone production, and too much of it can hinder testosterone production. By inhibiting prolactin, IGF-2 increases endogenous testosterone levels dramatically. L-Dopa is a precursor to Dopamine, a potent GH and testosterone agonist, meaning that dopamine inhibits prolactin release and somatostatin secretion in the hypothalamus, which allows for a greater stimulatory effect of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) and secretion of testosterone by the testes. GHRH signals the pituitary to release GH, which is produced by the pituitary gland. GH is an important anabolic hormone that stimulates skeletal muscle cells to grow and, in some cases, divide. Acting directly, GH also mobilizes fats from fat depots and decreases the rate of glucose intake and metabolism.

Q: What anabolic and energy-enhancing actions does rhodiola rosea have?

A: Rhodiola rosea has been shown to increase ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) production in the mitochondria of the cell. ATP is an energy molecule that allows for muscle contraction to occur. In a university study, mice were administered rhodiola and made to swim to exhaustion twice a day for six days. At the end of the testing period, muscle biopsies were performed, with the rhodiola-treated mice having 17% greater ATP levels, 45% greater creatine phosphate stores, and 53% greater muscle glycogen levels, along with lowered intramuscular concentrations of lactic acid and ammonia. What this means to you is stronger muscle contraction, allowing for improved energy and stamina.

In human studies, the rosavin and salidroside found in rhodiola rosea have also been shown to have significant effects on stress reduction. This is accomplished by reducing cortisol release, while optimizing levels of key brain chemicals involved in mood, such as serotonin and dopamine, which function together to maintain a healthy response to stress. Blocking cortisol is important, as cortisol tends to break down muscle tissue, increase body fat stores, slows the metabolism and lowers immune function. Rhodiola has been shown to have adaptogenic qualities, meaning that it allows humans to work harder during stress, while at the same time maintaining higher energy reserves.

Q: Should I cycle IGF-2?

A: Yes- we recommend that IGF-2 be taken in 8-10 week cycles to maximize effectiveness. The user should allow thirty days to pass before commencing a new cycle. Many use a two months on, one-month off philosophy with outstanding results.

Q: Who can benefit from IGF-2?

A: Any serious athlete or bodybuilder looking to gain size and/or strength and speed recovery time. Endurance athletes can also benefit from IGF-2 as well; testing with IGF-2 was performed on Olympic-level track athletes who experienced measurable incremental improvements in speed plus reductions in muscle fatigue. Extensive testing has been also been conducted with nationally-ranked and IFBB pro bodybuilders and competitive power lifters, and the results in terms positive effects/benefits have been phenomenal. Additionally, all ingredients comply with IOC, NCAA, NFL, NBA, and MLB banned substances lists.

Wildor

Wildor

Awards
do i need to take a PCT after the cycle and if so what do you recommend. and thanks backer for writing these up

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
NO pct is not necessary if anything this can be used in conjunction with a proper pct cycle. orstand alone.

all ingredients are natural

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Wildor,

No PCT is necessary whatsoever. Cycling it is recommended however, to ensure your body doesn't overly adapt.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
If this was a gunfight, I'd be dead. lol

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Would it be beneficial to take IGF-2 with an AI such as (Rebound Reloaded or Hyperdrol) or would this negate some of the positives seen with this product.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would it be beneficial to take IGF-2 with an AI such as (Rebound Reloaded or Hyperdrol) or would this negate some of the positives seen with this product.
It would probably be ok, BUT AI's tend to have the habit of drying out the joints, and the inclusion of Rhodiola (which inhibits cortisol, which is needed to cushion the joints) could possibly dry them out even more.

deadlifter25

Awards
just curious...at the top of the thread it says to take on an empty stomach 45 minutes before eating. At the bottom of the thread it says to take with food...which is it?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifter,

Thank you for pointing that out!
Originally when written up, the FAQ for IGF-2 stated to take the supplement with food. It was discovered through quite a bit of use and feedback that results were greatly increased when the product was taken on an empty stomach. The revised, current FAQ calls for an empty stomach for best results.
Hope this helps, and thank you for bringing that to our attention.

deadlifter25

Awards
lol, glad to help but....im not sure you actually answered the question! You said ...ORIGINALLY the FAQ said best taken on an empty stomach, then said it was discovered after alot of feedback that it was best taken on an empty stomach, and the revised FAQ says take an an empty stomach. LOL Im assuming you meant originally the FAQ said take with food, and then it was discovered that it was best to take on an empty stomach? I guess the bottom line though is...TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
lol, glad to help but....im not sure you actually answered the question! You said ...ORIGINALLY the FAQ said best taken on an empty stomach, then said it was discovered after alot of feedback that it was best taken on an empty stomach, and the revised FAQ says take an an empty stomach. LOL Im assuming you meant originally the FAQ said take with food, and then it was discovered that it was best to take on an empty stomach? I guess the bottom line though is...TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!

I think that's a good sign I need a nap. haha. Ok, now to do some revising.....
Thanks man! Yes, Take on an empty stomach :)

deadlifter25

Awards
haha...its sunday, great day for a nap! So id gladly take a couple of free bottles for my trouble and do a log. :thumbsup: lol, nah...but i might use this product in PCT for a cycle im lookin at putting together (or as a stand alone just incase your feelin extra sleepy and generous right now) lol

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Let's see what we can work out for you Deadlifter.........

deadlifter25

Awards
So i feel like im cluttering up this FAQ here, but i just wanted to thank Lanbane and say that i will be starting an IGF-2 and NeoVar log in the very near future. And i cant wait!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So i feel like im cluttering up this FAQ here, but i just wanted to thank Lanbane and say that i will be starting an IGF-2 and NeoVar log in the very near future. And i cant wait!
We are looking forward to it as well!!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
another question, would IGF-2 help with libido and wood?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Blu, Does a bear shi........... I mean.... ;-)

Yes, yes it will help.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey,

I dont have time to wait forty five minutes to take Igf-2 on an empty stomach, plain and simple. Im simply busy . Can I take it after my meals and will it be effective?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey,

I dont have time to wait forty five minutes to take Igf-2 on an empty stomach, plain and simple. Im simply busy . Can I take it after my meals and will it be effective?

Yes, it will still be extremely effective- the empty stomach recommendation is for maximum effectiveness.

freakboy

Awards
here's a question i've yet to see asked, and i'm curious cuz i wanna try this:

here' s my q....

right now i'm in the middle of this cycle: (test cyp-600/week, eq-400/week, winny 60/day) and i just got off receptor grade igf-lr3 @ 50mcg/post workout on training days.....

now, can i take this igf-2 stuff and make my cells swell up while i'm on this cycle and my new baby cells from the previous igf run are fresh? lemme know cuz if not i'll wait but i'm interested in this! thanks!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
here's a question i've yet to see asked, and i'm curious cuz i wanna try this:

here' s my q....

right now i'm in the middle of this cycle: (test cyp-600/week, eq-400/week, winny 60/day) and i just got off receptor grade igf-lr3 @ 50mcg/post workout on training days.....

now, can i take this igf-2 stuff and make my cells swell up while i'm on this cycle and my new baby cells from the previous igf run are fresh? lemme know cuz if not i'll wait but i'm interested in this! thanks!
IGF-2 would be good for post-cycle to preserve your gains- are you training for a bb.comp? Those doses are up there :)

freakboy

Awards
IGF-2 would be good for post-cycle to preserve your gains- are you training for a bb.comp? Those doses are up there :)
well, the thing is, is i'll be taking more IGF-LR3 receptor grade @ 50mcg/post workout again during PCT. Can i take both kinds of igf and experience more benefit?

yes, bodybuilding and powerlifting. I actually just won a comp this weekend. Took first weighing in at 198lb deadlifting 520lbs to win. IT was an easy win, i didn't even have to do my last lift haha

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 and the AN product "IGF-2" are not the same class...IGF-1 is a hormone, IGF-2 is a herbal supplement. No issues...

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
FREAKBOY!! pulling off a big powerlifting win at your first meet!!:dl:

Ya freak adding IGF2 wont be a problem you will probably see different effects you wouldnt get from just the real IGF take them both and supply some feedback you punk haha!!

freakboy

Awards
haha thanks man! ok i'll take em both in my pct along with neovar, and let ya's know what happens.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

vtstone

Awards
how should it be dosed if you workout in the morning. i am assuming your first dose would be upon wakening, then should the second dose be followed post-workout or wait until before lunch time? i will also be taking neovar so dunno if it would be good to take both that and the igf2 post wo if i train in the morning.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how should it be dosed if you workout in the morning. i am assuming your first dose would be upon wakening, then should the second dose be followed post-workout or wait until before lunch time? i will also be taking neovar so dunno if it would be good to take both that and the igf2 post wo if i train in the morning.
Just wait until your post-workout meal to dose NeoVar if you work out in the morning-

BUT- take the IGF-2 first thing when you get up, preferably with RPM

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Have a question. I'm dosing RPM and IGF-2 currently. I've been noticing my loads have been increasing. Is this due to IGF-2. My libido has not increased that much, but I have noticed a considerable increase in the money shot. My wife even commented on the amount she's having to wipe off. She stated last night "Why do you have this much coming out of you, it's not been that long since we've had sex" :thumbsup:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Did you run RPM without IGF-2 previously with no increases?

I can say that while on the same combo, I experienced the same.... with the added bonus of more force/distance. RPM alone does the same for me to a slightly lesser degree.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Did you run RPM without IGF-2 previously with no increases?

I can say that while on the same combo, I experienced the same.... with the added bonus of more force/distance. RPM alone does the same for me to a slightly lesser degree.

Yeah I think your right. It must be the combo that has the effect. I've ran IGF-2 before but not at the amount I'm doing now. Currently I'm dosing 1.5 times the amount on the dosage chart. I thought maybe the increase in pills was causing the effect but I guess the Icarrin in RPM could be doing it as well.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 and the AN product "IGF-2" are not the same class...IGF-1 is a hormone, IGF-2 is a herbal supplement. No issues...
i don't doubt that IGF-2 is a great product as AN is a great company.
but i have to be honest - i can't stand the name IGF-2.
it puts your product name on the same level as those stupid products that try and copy names of real AAS.

g29er

g29er

Awards
These Sides from L-Dopa have me a little worried are the mentioned inhibitors in this product? This is from Wikipedia.

Levodopa(L-Dopa) is used as a prodrug to increase dopamine levels for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, since it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier whereas dopamine itself cannot. Once levodopa has entered the central nervous system (CNS), it is metabolized to dopamine by aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase. However, conversion to dopamine also occurs in the peripheral tissues, causing adverse effects and decreasing the available dopamine to the CNS, so it is standard practice to co-administer a peripheral DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor – carbidopa or benserazide – and often a catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) inhibitor.

Adverse effects

Possible adverse drug reactions include:

* Hypotension, especially if the dosage is too high.
* Arrhythmias, although these are uncommon.
* Nausea, which is often helped by taking the drug with food, although protein interferes with drug absorption.
* Gastrointestinal bleeding.
* Disturbed respiration. This is not always harmful, and can actually benefit patients with upper airway obstruction.
* Hair loss.
* Confusion.
* Extreme emotional states, particularly anxiety, but also excessive libido.
* Vivid dreams and/or fragmented sleep.
* Visual and possibly auditory hallucinations.
* Effects on learning. There is some evidence that it improves working memory, while impairing other complex functions.
* Sleepiness and sleep attacks.
* a condition similar to amphetamine psychosis.

Although there are a number of adverse effects associated with levodopa, particularly psychiatric ones, it has fewer than other anti-Parkinson's drugs, including anticholinergics, amantadine, and dopamine agonists.

More serious are the effects of chronic levodopa administration, which include:

* End-of-dose deterioration of function.
* On/off oscillations.
* Freezing during movement.
* Dose failure (drug resistance).
* Dyskinesia at peak dose.

Clinicians will try to avoid these by limiting levodopa dosages as far as possible until absolutely necessary.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Question: I am ~188-190lbs on average and when I take the IGF-2 recommended dosage of 6 caps per day, I get chubby around my mid section believe or not. Mid day I can feel it coming on bigtime. Like fluid is gathering there. I think there is a high amount of estrogen conversion going on in my case, that's the feeling I get anyhow.

What do you recommend I do?
Just taking the nightime dose and assess after a week?
or
throw in an AI?...because I have ALRI's Restore on hand.

Thanks

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
G29er and Cordeen..... 2 questions I am going to research and discuss w/ Dirk and get back to you on.

Cordeen, do you feel this on a single day's use of IGF-2?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
These Sides from L-Dopa have me a little worried are the mentioned inhibitors in this product? This is from Wikipedia.

Levodopa(L-Dopa) is used as a prodrug to increase dopamine levels for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, since it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier whereas dopamine itself cannot. Once levodopa has entered the central nervous system (CNS), it is metabolized to dopamine by aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase. However, conversion to dopamine also occurs in the peripheral tissues, causing adverse effects and decreasing the available dopamine to the CNS, so it is standard practice to co-administer a peripheral DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor – carbidopa or benserazide – and often a catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) inhibitor.

Adverse effects

Possible adverse drug reactions include:

* Hypotension, especially if the dosage is too high.
* Arrhythmias, although these are uncommon.
* Nausea, which is often helped by taking the drug with food, although protein interferes with drug absorption.
* Gastrointestinal bleeding.
* Disturbed respiration. This is not always harmful, and can actually benefit patients with upper airway obstruction.
* Hair loss.
* Confusion.
* Extreme emotional states, particularly anxiety, but also excessive libido.
* Vivid dreams and/or fragmented sleep.
* Visual and possibly auditory hallucinations.
* Effects on learning. There is some evidence that it improves working memory, while impairing other complex functions.
* Sleepiness and sleep attacks.
* a condition similar to amphetamine psychosis.

Although there are a number of adverse effects associated with levodopa, particularly psychiatric ones, it has fewer than other anti-Parkinson's drugs, including anticholinergics, amantadine, and dopamine agonists.

More serious are the effects of chronic levodopa administration, which include:

* End-of-dose deterioration of function.
* On/off oscillations.
* Freezing during movement.
* Dose failure (drug resistance).
* Dyskinesia at peak dose.

Clinicians will try to avoid these by limiting levodopa dosages as far as possible until absolutely necessary.
I understand your concerns, but the potential for these side effects from IGF-2 is minimal, and none of these negative effects have been reported by any users of the compound- the only one I have seen is limited sleep in a couple people- but most people report deeper, more restful sleep from IGF-2. Most of these aforementioned sides only occur w/ extreme supraphysiological dosages of L-Dopa, not with the low to moderate dose included in the product, and we do recommend that IGF-2 be cycled in a time on=time off fashion.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Question: I am ~188-190lbs on average and when I take the IGF-2 recommended dosage of 6 caps per day, I get chubby around my mid section believe or not. Mid day I can feel it coming on bigtime. Like fluid is gathering there. I think there is a high amount of estrogen conversion going on in my case, that's the feeling I get anyhow.

What do you recommend I do?
Just taking the nightime dose and assess after a week?
or
throw in an AI?...because I have ALRI's Restore on hand.

Thanks
Are you taking any other supps beside IGF-2?

Yes, it sounds like H20 retention- but it could be from a lot of different factors.....

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
This was a couple of months ago , and at the time I was taking it with RPM and Neovar. I plan to start it again in a few days after I complete my Activate Extreme log. Even taking 1 cap 3 times/day is another option I was going to play with. Plus I am favoring running Restore with it, as I mentioned above.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This was a couple of months ago , and at the time I was taking it with RPM and Neovar. I plan to start it again in a few days after I complete my Activate Extreme log. Even taking 1 cap 3 times/day is another option I was going to play with. Plus I am favoring running Restore with it, as I mentioned above.
Ok- makes more sense now :) I think it has to do with the NeoVar/IGF-2 interaction/synergism- and this is something that has only happened with a few people, and it is mostly b/c NeoVar is very, very good at super-saturating the muscle with glycogen, water, and creatine due to its high rhodiola and banaba content. IGF-2 also contains additional rhodiola as well, and large amounts of rhodiola allow for greater amounts of creatine and glycogen uptake.

However, sometimes there can be some carb spillover during supersaturation, and that is most likely what is causing the sub-q water retention- just reduce the dosages a little next time, and maybe add a little phosphorous and potassium into your supplementation....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand your concerns, but the potential for these side effects from IGF-2 is minimal, and none of these negative effects have been reported by any users of the compound- the only one I have seen is limited sleep in a couple people- but most people report deeper, more restful sleep from IGF-2. Most of these aforementioned sides only occur w/ extreme supraphysiological dosages of L-Dopa, not with the low to moderate dose included in the product, and we do recommend that IGF-2 be cycled in a time on=time off fashion.
I had "Vivid dreams" i'd say, not that there is anything wrong with it. Not interrupted sleep tho since mine is already so choppy from getting up to go to the bathroom so often ;)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
has anyone ran this for 12 weeks? i got 4 bottles ..thinking trying it for 12

icey

icey

Awards
I'm into my first week of IGF-2 at 9 pills a day (I'm right at 200 pounds) and am liking the results so far.

Sleep is super deep and the vivid dreams are crazy. I'm also getting sleep time distortion meaning there's been a couple of days where I felt like I had been out for 12 hours but then looked at the clock and it was only 2-4 hours I had been out cold.

I'm also stacking this with Diesel Test, so I think with the Zinc in Diesel Test, this makes a pretty solid dream weaver combo!

I am getting a blood test in the next couple of weeks so will see what the results are. Unfortunately I don't have a before picture to compare it against, but at least I can compare it with averages. I think I have an estrogen issue (not related to this product in anyway, just something I've been looking at on my own) to so will be interesting to see what comes up and what I can throw at that to get it back to the right levels.

Anyway I'm not looking forward to the 4 weeks off part LOL :whiner: